New worldbeyblade.org — bug and issue reporting

(Jun. 11, 2019  12:22 AM)Josh R Wrote: I am unable to register my son. When trying to sign up, I get an error message that the edification email does not match the email I entered. However, there is no place to type a verification email.

I can switch him into my profile, but he would want a different username. Can I change my username?

We performed an upgrade to the forum recently and it broke part of the registration form accidentally, but we implemented a fix yesterday so you should be able to sign him up now.

Usernames cannot be changed once you create your account.
I am currently unable to schedule an event.
Why forum go back button disappeared (like top of this thread should be button Discuss worldbeyblade.org, but not currently).
(Jun. 13, 2019  5:20 AM)Shindog Wrote: I am currently unable to schedule an event.

Strange. The permissions appear normal so you should be able to do it. We're looking into it.

(Jun. 14, 2019  8:04 AM)ks123 Wrote: Why forum go back button disappeared (like top of this thread should be button Discuss worldbeyblade.org, but not currently).

Might have been inadvertently lost in the upgrade we performed recently. Looking into it.
(Jun. 15, 2019  1:02 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Jun. 13, 2019  5:20 AM)Shindog Wrote: I am currently unable to schedule an event.

Strange. The permissions appear normal so you should be able to do it. We're looking into it.

(Jun. 14, 2019  8:04 AM)ks123 Wrote: Why forum go back button disappeared (like top of this thread should be button Discuss worldbeyblade.org, but not currently).

Might have been inadvertently lost in the upgrade we performed recently. Looking into it.
It’s okay now, I am able to schedule an event again. I was seeing this.

https://imgur.com/gallery/FSEA9pv
(Jun. 15, 2019  1:02 AM)Kei Wrote:

This is now fixed.

(Jun. 15, 2019  1:31 AM)Shindog Wrote: It’s okay now, I am able to schedule an event again. I was seeing this.

Strange. Thanks for the screenshot. We'll look into it.
(Jun. 15, 2019  5:46 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Jun. 15, 2019  1:02 AM)Kei Wrote: Might have been inadvertently lost in the upgrade we performed recently. Looking into it.

This is now fixed.

(Jun. 15, 2019  1:31 AM)Shindog Wrote: It’s okay now, I am able to schedule an event again. I was seeing this.

Strange. Thanks for the screenshot. We'll look into it.

I don't know, if this help, but here is one guide about this issue:
https://tehnoblog.org/php-7-1-warnings-i...and-lower/
I can’t seem to tag #Fafnir! I’ve tried quotation marks!
I’m trying to add my profile pic,
But every time I choose a pic. (Which I took with my IPhone), it goes to an error page saying that my “file is too large”.

I’m doing this all on my phone so idk if it’s my phone that’s the problem....
(Jun. 23, 2019  1:34 AM)ReekoBlader Wrote: I’m trying to add my profile pic,
But every time I choose a pic. (Which I took with my IPhone), it goes to an error page saying that my “file is too large”.

I’m doing this all on my phone so idk if it’s my phone that’s the problem....

Just host them with Image hosting sites. 

That works for PC, for phone, use image compressors
Thanks for fixing the poll system!
Minor site updates;
  • Fixed an issue in which passwords entered into the "New Password" and "Confirm New Password" fields on the Change Password page would not be concealed by asterisks.
    • Passwords were still securely submitted, and there is no cause for concern here. It just meant that people could look over your shoulder while you were changing your password and see what you'd entered. Which if anyone did that to you, reset your password.
  • Forum rules can now be expanded and collapsed by clicking anywhere within the header bar, instead of the arrow button.
  • Existing polls will now appear on threads.
    • Please note that the functionality for adding new polls to threads is currently being revised and may not work at the current time.
(Jul. 03, 2019  7:22 PM)~Mana~ Wrote: Minor site updates;
  • Fixed an issue in which passwords entered into the "New Password" and "Confirm New Password" fields on the Change Password page would not be concealed by asterisks.
    • Passwords were still securely submitted, and there is no cause for concern here. It just meant that people could look over your shoulder while you were changing your password and see what you'd entered. Which if anyone did that to you, reset your password.
  • Forum rules can now be expanded and collapsed by clicking anywhere within the header bar, instead of the arrow button.
  • Existing polls will now appear on threads.
    • Please note that the functionality for adding new polls to threads is currently being revised and may not work at the current time.

Cool! If you’re working on the polls can there be a edit poll and delete poll button?
A non-priority, but I'll add it to the list Smile
So… anyone see the downtime just now?
(Jul. 04, 2019  1:42 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: So… anyone see the downtime just now?

Yep
Is there a way we could have a setting to disable animated gifs in signature blocks and avatars? People have no scope of what is and isn't just awful to look at, and I'd just like to turn that garbage off entirely.
I’m still not allowed to add a profile pic...
It keep taking me to a error screen saying “file too large”
(Jul. 07, 2019  12:00 AM)ReekoBlader Wrote: I’m still not allowed to add a profile pic...
It keep taking me to a error screen saying “file too large”

Have you considered using an image with a smaller filesize or size in general? What are the dimensions of the picture you're trying to use, and what is the size of the file?
I took the pic with my iPhone so it shouldn’t be that large...
is there a way to check? Cuz for every photo that I tried to use, it says that it’s “too large”

I also use this site on my phone and not my computer cuz I’m away from home on average of 5 day’s out of the week cuz of work... would it be different if I used my computer instead?
(Jul. 07, 2019  12:33 AM)ReekoBlader Wrote: I took the pic with my iPhone so it shouldn’t be that large...
is there a way to check?  Cuz for every photo that I tried to use, it says that it’s  “too large”

I also use this site on my phone and not my computer cuz I’m away from home on average of 5 day’s out of the week cuz of work...    would it be different if I used my computer instead?

Use “selfie” mode. It should work then.
(Jul. 06, 2019  11:44 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Is there a way we could have a setting to disable animated gifs in signature blocks and avatars? People have no scope of what is and isn't just awful to look at, and I'd just like to turn that garbage off entirely.

As someone with an animated avatar, I'm completely offended ;(

Though no, this isn't on our scope unfortunately. I can add it to my list, but it's a non-priority right now. Sorry!

(Jul. 07, 2019  12:33 AM)ReekoBlader Wrote: I took the pic with my iPhone so it shouldn’t be that large...
is there a way to check?  Cuz for every photo that I tried to use, it says that it’s  “too large”

I also use this site on my phone and not my computer cuz I’m away from home on average of 5 day’s out of the week cuz of work...    would it be different if I used my computer instead?

Our file size requirements are somewhat small. For uploads, the maximum is 500KB, so it's likely that a photograph from your iPhone is way above that in file size unfortunately. If you can upload the image you want to Imgur and PM it to me, I'm happy to crop it down and apply it to your profile for you Smile

More QoL updates;
  • Organizers can now click a "Player List" button on their tournament thread to display a CSV list of all registered participants.
    • Finally, you can stop asking! This is still a work in progress, so please let us know if this doesn't work properly!
  • Tab priority has been given to the Username & Password fields on the login form, and the Username field will be preselected on page load.
  • Fixed an issue in which the "Schedule an Event", "Organizers' Circle" and "Become an Organizer" options in the navigation bar would be shown to the wrong usergroups.
  • Fixed an issue in which some warnings onsite (such as "You are already logged in" and moderation confirmations) were displayed in plain text and not formatted properly.
https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Become-an-Organizer

There's a typo for 'confirmed' in the Step 2 line on this page.
Our file size requirements are somewhat small. For uploads, the maximum is 500KB, so it's likely that a photograph from your iPhone is way above that in file size unfortunately. If you can upload the image you want to Imgur and PM it to me, I'm happy to crop it down and apply it to your profile for you Smile

[/quote]

ohh really? Thanks... how can I give you my photo?
Should I just text it to u?
[Image: Screenshot%202019-07-15%20at%2013.08.59.png?raw=1]Something happend with Tournament threads!