My Hero Academia Discussion Thread.

So, after a while of having this idea in my head, I've decided to finally make a thread for one of the more heavily talked about anime's/manga's of 2017. I myself have watched both season one and two, having no real knowledge of the manga itself. As for my opinion on it, I did not see it as something overly good. It, of course, had the light of interest in it, which allowed me to give it a chance in the first place. But, after seeing it all the way through, I can say that up to this point, My Hero Academia is a predictable show. Now, keep in mind, I, as a writer, always watching things from a writers point of view. Seeing all possible routes for something to go, and deciding which seems most likely. I was pretty much always right when guessing. But, that is not to say it is horrible. My Hero Academia is an anime I see as satisfying, for those fans of the shonen genre. I myself have indulged myself in one of the biggest titles of that genre and enjoyed it quite a bit. But, I also know that in personal opinion, shonen anime is not something I wish to explore much more. The premises always are interesting, but they always end up executed in a way that seems less than satisfactory. I just don't get excited by battles too much. But, I'll admit, I was actually indulged in one of My Hero Academia's battles. But, then a shove of backstory ruined the moment for me. So, overall, I'd give My Hero Academia a five out of ten. It's average for its genre. Nothing too special, but room for much potential if handled differently. So, now that I am at the end of my long opening post, have fun chatting about My Hero Academia! And, I'd love to hear any reasons why it is believed otherwise about this series. The reviews it has been getting are confusing to me... So, I'd love to hear from the point of a heavy fan!
Ah, sorry to hear the how hasn't clicked for you. It's great that you're being honest with your opinions though, that's what I like about most reviews instead some that give fake opinions just to please the audience lol.

I personally like the show but it does start off pretty slow and there are some cliches later on in the series but I really like the characters and how engaging the action and development is.

(Mar. 15, 2018  9:35 AM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote: Ah, sorry to hear the how hasn't clicked for you. It's great that you're being honest with your opinions though, that's what I like about most reviews instead some that give fake opinions just to please the audience lol.

I personally like the show but it does start off pretty slow and there are some cliches but I really like the characters and how engaging the action and development is.

Well, I'm very glad you were able to enjoy it. And, I really just wanted to spread my opinion on this show, somewhere. All I could find online was major Youtubers saying how they enjoyed the show, while being sponsored by Crunchyroll, heh. So, it's safe to say, I didn't really trust them. But, I can confidently say that I will be tuning in for season three of this show when it is released. I'm interested in where this could go. And, based on the characters I've read about being recently introduced in the manga, this could definitely be a great show. I just need to turn my writer side off....
(Mar. 15, 2018  9:38 AM)Ayane_2355 Wrote:
(Mar. 15, 2018  9:35 AM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote: Ah, sorry to hear the how hasn't clicked for you. It's great that you're being honest with your opinions though, that's what I like about most reviews instead some that give fake opinions just to please the audience lol.

I personally like the show but it does start off pretty slow and there are some cliches but I really like the characters and how engaging the action and development is.

Well, I'm very glad you were able to enjoy it. And, I really just wanted to spread my opinion on this show, somewhere. All I could find online was major Youtubers saying how they enjoyed the show, while being sponsored by Crunchyroll, heh. So, it's safe to say, I didn't really trust them. But, I can confidently say that I will be tuning in for season three of this show when it is released. I'm interested in where this could go. And, based on the characters I've read about being recently introduced in the manga, this could definitely be a great show. I just need to turn my writer side off....

Who are your favourite characters? I'm just curious xD
(Mar. 15, 2018  9:40 AM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote:
(Mar. 15, 2018  9:38 AM)Ayane_2355 Wrote: Well, I'm very glad you were able to enjoy it. And, I really just wanted to spread my opinion on this show, somewhere. All I could find online was major Youtubers saying how they enjoyed the show, while being sponsored by Crunchyroll, heh. So, it's safe to say, I didn't really trust them. But, I can confidently say that I will be tuning in for season three of this show when it is released. I'm interested in where this could go. And, based on the characters I've read about being recently introduced in the manga, this could definitely be a great show. I just need to turn my writer side off....

Who are your favourite characters? I'm just curious xD

Ummm... At first, I was like, it's definitely going to be Todoroki because he seemed exactly like the kind of character I enjoyed. But, after being stuffed with so much information on him, the mystery of him left me, and so did my interest in his character. So, as of now, it is Fumikage Tokoyami. Definitely the character I like most, heh. In a series like this, I've got to cling to the small characters. The main ones are too heavily explored for me.
I reckon that My Hero Academia is an anime that gets better as the series goes on. I remember seeing this for the first time and it was a bit slow from episode 1 - 4 but then it slowly started picking up. To me it's a really enjoyable anime and probably my favourite superhero one. It's not for everyone so I understand why some might not like it as much.

My favourite characters shouldn't come as a surprise as they're pretty popular, it's Uraraka because she is so likeable and relatable, Katsuki because he is hilarious and entertaining and Todoroki because he is really cool and somewhat sympathetic.

Very excited for Season 3, it's going to be intense.
My favourite characters would have to be Izuku, Todoroki, Momo and the strangest choice on my favourites... Kyoka Jirou. I dunno why she's one of my favourites haha.
There is a thread for my hero academia!!
How did I not know about this!!!
I love my hero academia! I always found this funny.

Izuku Midoria and Ken Midoria
Deku for life!!!! Since i read the manga, heres a heads up for season 4 for anime onlys. No major spoilers, just the events without results. Im making it a spoiler fr ppl who dont even want to know that.
My favourite are todoroki, mineral and aizawa

(Oct. 07, 2018  7:53 AM)Nightmarefafnir Wrote: My favourite are todoroki, mineral and aizawa
It's mineta not mineral

Quiz
https://www.thequiz.com/name-the-secret-...uiz=310014
I got a score of 74%
My Hero Academia is how I got my Username
Anyone interested in buying a full set of "art coasters" exclusive to the current Shonen Jump 50th anniversary exhibition in Tokyo hahah?
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1389965803&siteLocale=en_CA&uuid=f7539173-955a-4ee6-8e0e-6dcfadff36f4
What are your predictions for Season 5 guys? S4 was good, though I wanted to see more of Shoto and Bakugo.
Season 5 Will probably have the Joint Training arc and Meta Liberation Arc. Season 6 Will most likely have the endevour agency Ard and the liberation war arc
(May. 23, 2020  2:29 PM)Aadi Lui Wrote: What are your predictions for Season 5 guys? S4 was good, though I wanted to see more of Shoto and Bakugo.

Oh, don't worry. From the manga we will get more Todoroki and Bakugo
Speaking of the manga...
(May. 23, 2020  3:07 PM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote:
(May. 23, 2020  2:29 PM)Aadi Lui Wrote: What are your predictions for Season 5 guys? S4 was good, though I wanted to see more of Shoto and Bakugo.

Oh, don't worry. From the manga we will get more Todoroki and Bakugo
Speaking of the manga...

It's a very curious question and has been keeping us going. What are your predictions about how the PRO HERO RANKING would look like after the season ends.
My prediction:
1) Deku, obvsly
2) Shoto Todoroki - He has more qualities of a hero and is slightly better and stronger than Bakugo.

Now there are some spaces I am leaving open as not all students will be in top 10.

4) Inasa Yoarashi - His wind quirk is way too good, he deserves it.
7) Eijiro Kirishima - He's going good
12) Momo Yaoyorozu - She can provide some good stuff
15) Tenya Iida - I know I know, he's a bit too low but still I think this is the best I can come up with.
23) Tsuyu Asui - She can really pull it off.

Now why Bakugo is not on the list. He's a bit too angry and timid, not a hero material but definitely a villain killer type. I predict he becomes some sorta rebel and kills villains who wreck havoc.
Aadi Lui Nope, don't open a new thread for this, use the existing My Hero Academia thread.
(Jun. 12, 2020  12:42 PM)Aadi Lui Wrote: It's a very curious question and has been keeping us going. What are your predictions about how the PRO HERO RANKING would look like after the season ends.
My prediction:
1) Deku, obvsly
2) Shoto Todoroki - He has more qualities of a hero and is slightly better and stronger than Bakugo.

Now there are some spaces I am leaving open as not all students will be in top 10.

4) Inasa Yoarashi - His wind quirk is way too good, he deserves it.
7) Eijiro Kirishima - He's going good
12) Momo Yaoyorozu - She can provide some good stuff
15) Tenya Iida - I know I know, he's a bit too low but still I think this is the best I can come up with.
23) Tsuyu Asui - She can really pull it off.

Now why Bakugo is not on the list. He's a bit too angry and timid, not a hero material but definitely a villain killer type. I predict he becomes some sorta rebel and kills villains who wreck havoc.

Bakugo is alot more wild, but he still wants to be a hero I think.
Just finished watching the entire series from seasons 1-4, and I gotta say, this was a solid anime with some great characters, and a decent story.
(Nov. 13, 2020  2:36 AM)TheGolden Blade Wrote: I don't watch this. Is it a nice anime?

In my opinion, it is pretty good, but there are a few others I’ve watched that are better. If you’re into the superhero genre of shows/movies, or in this case anime, I’d definitely give it a watch. I will warn you though that if you do give it a watch, the first 3-4 episodes do start off a bit slow, but the pace picks up pretty quickly after that.
(Nov. 13, 2020  3:40 AM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Nov. 13, 2020  2:36 AM)TheGolden Blade Wrote: I don't watch this. Is it a nice anime?

In my opinion, it is pretty good, but there are a few others I’ve watched that are better. If you’re into the superhero genre of shows/movies, or in this case anime, I’d definitely give it a watch. I will warn you though that if you do give it a watch, the first 3-4 episodes do start off a bit slow, but the pace picks up pretty quickly after that.

Yeah, and if you go even further beyond into the manga, the story is now insane.
Oh no no no no no..... jk

luckily none of yall seems toxic
phew

This is why i dont like bnha:
-Izuku cries too much
-way too rushed
-s1(or at least what I watched), s3, and s4(or what I watched) was uninteresting, i quit the show TWICE lol

What I like:
-Izuku be a shun trope, and I don't see those often
-s2(or at least the big chunin exams-like tourney) WAS AMAZING
-Op 1

overall, I'd give the show a 6/10. Not good, but ive seen worse