Meet Taka & Fumi: WBO x Takafumi Adachi original characters

(Jan. 16, 2017  8:05 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote: I was too late for the Scavenger hunt(I forgot you had to post the drawing here and just sent it to Kai-V) but I'll just go ahead and leave this here: https://plus.google.com/photos/photo/117...tsn6uen4DA

cant see it. just takes me to the about screen
(Jan. 16, 2017  10:33 PM)Jimmyjazz39 Wrote: cant see it. just takes me to the about screen

https://plus.google.com/photos/photo/117...tsn6uen4DA

Try this one.
(Jan. 18, 2017  4:52 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote: https://plus.google.com/photos/photo/117...tsn6uen4DA

Try this one.

yup it works. looks really nice compared to mine lol
(Dec. 15, 2016  8:57 AM)RacingCheetahz Wrote: But what are are the beys in the artwork?

(Dec. 15, 2016  2:57 PM)Kai-V Wrote: As Brad mentioned, they are generic, customized Beyblades. They are not even supposed to remind you of any generation. Remember how, in Metal Fight Beyblade, we had recolours for all the colours in the rainbow for almost any given part, no matter its type? It is therefore all up to the imagination. All these drawings represent Beyblade The Timeless: from yesterday to tomorrow, for young and old (there is a slight age difference between the two characters hah).

To me, it looks like Fumi is using a Survive Driver and Take is using an Accel Driver. But regardless of what it looks like they have, Kai is right. I guess maybe we could just speculate. xD
(Jan. 27, 2017  6:50 PM)Beybladerocx2 Wrote: To me, it looks like Fumi is using a Survive Driver and Take is using an Accel Driver. But regardless of what it looks like they have, Kai is right. I guess maybe we could just speculate. xD

Well, I can tell you that we did purposely ensure that one of the tips appeared more aggressive and one appeared more defensive or stamina-based. Wink
(Jan. 28, 2017  4:52 AM)Kei Wrote: Well, I can tell you that we did purposely ensure that one of the tips appeared more aggressive and one appeared more defensive or stamina-based. Wink

Nice. XD
(Dec. 15, 2016  2:57 PM)Kai-V Wrote: As Brad mentioned, they are generic, customized Beyblades. They are not even supposed to remind you of any generation. Remember how, in Metal Fight Beyblade, we had recolours for all the colours in the rainbow for almost any given part, no matter its type? It is therefore all up to the imagination. All these drawings represent Beyblade The Timeless: from yesterday to tomorrow, for young and old (there is a slight age difference between the two characters hah).

Honestly it looks like fumi has Wyvern Heavy Survive, while Taka has....A red death scyther and i dont know about the disk but it looks like it has the extreme driver.
(Jan. 29, 2017  6:48 PM)Iraija Wrote: Honestly it looks like fumi has Wyvern Heavy Survive, while Taka has....A red death scyther and i dont know about the disk but it looks like it has the extreme driver.

I was thinking Wyvern/Chaos Spread/Infinity Survive (or could be Gyro) for Fumi's Bey. Taka's looks almost like a stock Xcalibur.
For me, Taka has XFX or XHX, and Fumi has CHS. Since Burst normally colour codes drivers by type, it's almost obvious what the drivers were meant to be, more obvious with the blue plastic and red tip.
I see it as XH/FX and WHS.
(Feb. 21, 2017  12:07 AM)master battler Wrote: coolllll

Please don't spam with 1 word posts in the future, and make sure what you are posting has something to do with the thread.
(Feb. 21, 2017  12:12 AM)master battler Wrote: why dude
These are forum rules.
My head cannon says that Fumi is Nigerian, lol. Let me explain, though. Fumi is a Nigerian name that's pretty common. It's Yoruba actually, which is the tribe in Nigeria that my parents are from. Ada could easily pass for a Yoruba last name as well. Sorry about the head cannon thing but when I first saw it I was hyped. #headcannonover hahaha
Taka and Fumi should be in the freaking anime
(Feb. 21, 2017  1:50 AM)ThaKingTai Wrote: My head cannon says that Fumi is Nigerian, lol. Let me explain, though. Fumi is a Nigerian name that's pretty common. It's Yoruba actually, which is the tribe in Nigeria that my parents are from. Ada could easily pass for a Yoruba last name as well. Sorry about the head cannon thing but when I first saw it I was hyped. #headcannonover hahaha

what a coincidence right. Takafumi adachi's name has youruba in it.
i wonder what beys taka and fumi use
(Jun. 20, 2017  3:24 AM)Gum#1 Wrote: i wonder what beys taka and fumi use

Like every good Beyblader, they customize their Beyblades and use a plethora of different combinations, to counter their opponents' own unique combinations that vary everytime.
(Dec. 14, 2016  8:14 PM)JoltCentral Wrote: This is absolutely incredible!!! I cannot believe we really have our own WBO characters by the actual MFB mangaka! So amazing, and this new site is beautiful. I love it! So glad I have been able to see the WBO grow for the 7 years I have been on here. Cant wait for the future

I'm wondering what are taka and fumi's beys
Read the post above.
(Jun. 20, 2017  4:55 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jun. 20, 2017  3:24 AM)Gum#1 Wrote: i wonder what beys taka and fumi use

Like every good Beyblader, they customize their Beyblades and use a plethora of different combinations, to counter their opponents' own unique combinations that vary everytime.

But don't they have any signature or favourite bey? Like despite many use beys which are suited best to situation but still many has some fav/signature beyblade which are well rounded and can benused competitively.

Like how mine is Balro in MFB, Bakushin in MFB and Genbu in STD/ZRG.
I come back to the WBO fairly often just to check out this topic and see the artwork for Taka and Fumi. Seriously just one of my favourite projects I've ever worked on, with the WBO or elsewhere. And of course, I'll include the most recently artwork that Takafumi and Valerie worked on together for the 9th anniversary!

[Image: taka-fumi-wbo-2018-colored.jpg]

(I always imagine what a manga starring these two would be like, too. And what the next character in this lineup would be...)
(Aug. 28, 2019  4:15 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I come back to the WBO fairly often just to check out this topic and see the artwork for Taka and Fumi. Seriously just one of my favourite projects I've ever worked on, with the WBO or elsewhere. And of course, I'll include the most recently artwork that Takafumi and Valerie worked on together for the 9th anniversary!

Snip

(I always imagine what a manga starring these two would be like, too. And what the next character in this lineup would be...)
If it did happen… I know a fan made character that would go well in it…