Make your suggestions!

Please do tournaments in Chennai ,india please
What if, for the website, we put things like:

(With permission) Fan art

(Again, with permission)Certain fan beyblade design ideas (such as new energy layers)

An official list of beyblades and their holders

A beyblade art contest (I guess that is related to the first two, sorry! Tongue_out )

If some of this already went around, I apologize. This thread is huge!
(Mar. 19, 2018  6:19 AM)Suhasini Wrote: Any chances that the Bey map will return? Cause seriously it was one of the best features of WBO.

No chance. There was very little resistance to its removal when the announcement was originally posted. And I would echo Bey Brad's sentiments from a later post in that thread as to why we would hesitate to bring it back:

(Nov. 27, 2016  9:21 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Nov. 27, 2016  9:18 AM)ashton pinto Wrote: Looking forward to see the new feature. I'll miss checking out other user locations.. only if it can be publicly visible Eee would be great

While I don't think the map necessarily puts anyone in danger, I do worry that as we get more and more attention, the fact that we are a site about a kid's toy that has a map showing where people live might attract ... the wrong kind of attention. Particularly from parents, or Hasbro.

That being said, the location notifications system (which would send you a notification on site and by e-mail when a tournament is upcoming near you) that Bey Brad spoke about in that same announcement hasn't been functional since the re-launch of our website on our eighth anniversary, as obviously some aspects of the project didn't go as planned and certain features had to be cut temporarily, like the location notifications system.

However, we are working on bringing it back and you can expect for the functionality to be working relatively soon. In fact, if you go to your Account page you should be able to set your location and notification distance right now. It won't do anything yet, but when the system is active, you'll automatically receive notifications for WBO tournaments near you. This uses the same mapping functionality, but on the back-end instead so that your location isn't visible to other users. We think this is a safer way of doing it.
(Mar. 20, 2018  6:17 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Mar. 19, 2018  6:19 AM)Suhasini Wrote: Any chances that the Bey map will return? Cause seriously it was one of the best features of WBO.

No chance. There was very little resistance to its removal when the announcement was originally posted. And I would echo Bey Brad's sentiments from a later post in that thread as to why we would hesitate to bring it back:

(Nov. 27, 2016  9:21 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: While I don't think the map necessarily puts anyone in danger, I do worry that as we get more and more attention, the fact that we are a site about a kid's toy that has a map showing where people live might attract ... the wrong kind of attention. Particularly from parents, or Hasbro.

That being said, the location notifications system (which would send you a notification on site and by e-mail when a tournament is upcoming near you) that Bey Brad spoke about in that same announcement hasn't been functional since the re-launch of our website on our eighth anniversary, as obviously some aspects of the project didn't go as planned and certain features had to be cut temporarily, like the location notifications system.

However, we are working on bringing it back and you can expect for the functionality to be working relatively soon. In fact, if you go to your Account page you should be able to set your location and notification distance right now. It won't do anything yet, but when the system is active, you'll automatically receive notifications for WBO tournaments near you. This uses the same mapping functionality, but on the back-end instead so that your location isn't visible to other users. We think this is a safer way of doing it.
Thanks a Lot Kei! Looking forward for the location system!
(Mar. 20, 2018  6:17 AM)Kei Wrote:

The problem I see with the current system is that you have no means of finding others interested in starting up a tournament in an area without tournaments...without using the community section of the forum and hoping others check regularly to see it.

I don't know a single person who likes Beyblades near me, and seeing the numerous local-community-related threads that seem dead and sparingly revived only to die again....I think it's fair to say I'm not alone.

Are there any plans of making a system that would help in this manner? I honestly think a map or list that keeps track of people by province/state/etc. (not city or town) would be good. Or maybe some system that makes use of the back-end setup for community threads?
Why did nobody complain at all when the BeyMap's deletion was announced... It was all up to you guys.
(Apr. 21, 2018  1:51 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Why did nobody complain at all when the BeyMap's deletion was announced... It was all up to you guys.

Wasn't a member then, can't blame me, haha. I have no time machine.

I do see one sort of complaint in the thread, which was shut down by the child safety line. I honestly think everyone just saw the automated bit and was fine with that, but people generally didn't think much about how people in areas without tournaments would deal. (Especially likely for people with tournaments in the area.)

And then, some people shut down at such arguments as child safety.

These are just the best guesses I can think of. Anyone who was a member of the community at that time probably knows their own reasons, such as for yourself.

But I think this case shouldn't be based on how people reacted back then or the why of it as much as what the facts are as we know them in the present. You can't change the past anyway and it's not worth blaming anybody for it. If it's deemed a map is the best solution for the current situation, then bring back the map or make a new one. If another route would be better, then do that.
Yeah, but unlike Facebook and such, we are only locating people because they willingly input and submitted their address to be added on a map... So it was just a matter of making sure that people give as vague a location as possible. There were ways to ensure that, or at least prove that we had done reasonable efforts to restrict that data. If people still submit precise location that is too sensitive, then just adding a way to moderate those entries or delete them entirely would have been fine... We do that already when people beg for free Beyblades and post their real home address in a post.

Children actually finding their way into anything on this site these days is rare anyway hahah. Ah, kids.
(Apr. 21, 2018  9:24 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Yeah, but unlike Facebook and such, we are only locating people because they willingly input and submitted their address to be added on a map... So it was just a matter of making sure that people give as vague a location as possible. There were ways to ensure that, or at least prove that we had done reasonable efforts to restrict that data. If people still submit precise location that is too sensitive, then just adding a way to moderate those entries or delete them entirely would have been fine... We do that already when people beg for free Beyblades and post their real home address in a post.

Children actually finding their way into anything on this site these days is rare anyway hahah. Ah, kids.

I agree wholeheartedly. This is all voluntary information and that information can be presented in a vague manner that could still protect younger people. Honestly, I don't want to really say what city I'm in either, maybe the county of my state or the region of it. And that's pretty vague.

Those under the age of 13 could even be denied the ability to show their location (just simply have access to see who else is there).

But I'm happy for anything that improves the process, because it'd help with finding people to begin tournaments. Being notified of existing tournaments is a really good feature, but helping people better start new tournaments in areas without them is pretty important, too.
@[Frostic Fox], thank you for your suggestion! I understand where you're coming from and agree it would be nice if some sort of vague-enough list of members by their location did exist publicly for the benefit of prospective Organizers.

Another option would be to more strictly regulate the Beyblade Communities forum in some way so that there is only one thread per location and see if there is a way to send notifications automatically about those threads. This would help us avoid having any kind of public list available, which I think is the ideal.

We have a lot on our plates right now, but I have added this to our list of suggestions for potential future site development-related projects.

That being said, I did want to mention that the barrier of entry to even hosting a tournament is lower than ever before. You only need four people (including yourself) in order to host an official event, which would then qualify it to have notifications sent out to people in the area once that is up and running.
(Apr. 22, 2018  6:55 AM)Kei Wrote: @[Frostic Fox], thank you for your suggestion! I understand where you're coming from and agree it would be nice if some sort of vague-enough list of members by their location did exist publicly for the benefit of prospective Organizers.

Another option would be to more strictly regulate the Beyblade Communities forum in some way so that there is only one thread per location and see if there is a way to send notifications automatically about those threads. This would help us avoid having any kind of public list available, which I think is the ideal.

We have a lot on our plates right now, but I have added this to our list of suggestions for potential future site development-related projects.

That being said, I did want to mention that the barrier of entry to even hosting a tournament is lower than ever before. You only need four people (including yourself) in order to host an official event, which would then qualify it to have notifications sent out to people in the area once that is up and running.

Oh, you gave me an idea that might work for now! What if you make clear instructions in that section for how to subscribe to a thread, and then setting that to email you when someone posts?? I'm totally doing that for all the threads for my state now.

Doing something to keep the threads neater in there might be a good idea. Not sure how to approach it, but something to think about.

That's good to know that even the club format would count toward notifications once they work again. Do those also become visible threads in the side (or get their own thread at all), or do you have to have a different number for that?

I wonder how annoying the email notification works, but I'll play with it and see how it goes. Might just work as a good for-now fix if too annoying, though maybe there is some sort of plugin that already exists that could help with that. I guess we'll see.
I don't really understand which website is the real one. Could someone maybe tell me the name of the website? Sorry if it has already been posted. Thanks! Grin
Removing post.
[Resolved]
Alright, so nevermind. Thanks!
may I suggest you should make a page with a list of bits and explain how you can earn them?
(Jul. 01, 2018  4:57 PM)MrBlade Wrote: may I suggest you should make a page with a list of bits and explain how you can earn them?
Umm. Actually there existed a Help tab on WBO before the new layout. After the new layout came, the Help tab never returned. But there is a link for this.
The link: https://worldbeyblade.org/misc.php?action=help
Go down the page and you will see Face Collection.
Bits were previously called as Faces, now they are called Bits. There are some ways of how to earn them too. Check it out!
Imo it would be a good idea to have a group chat for purchase consultation, and have some of the best and smartest people on it. Newer players can get feedback and information faster that way.
I think someone already said this, but maybe the website could benefit from suggestions on where to buy your own beyblade, and which brands make the most quality product? Thanks Joyful_3
(Aug. 27, 2018  2:02 AM)Cece Wrote: I think someone already said this, but maybe the website could benefit from suggestions on where to buy your own beyblade, and which brands make the most quality product? Thanks ^_^
You mean what leosama's thread
does? It's a guide with suggestions on best deals and feedbacks about sellers. Or am I getting you wrong?
(Aug. 27, 2018  2:02 AM)Cece Wrote: I think someone already said this, but maybe the website could benefit from suggestions on where to buy your own beyblade, and which brands make the most quality product? Thanks Joyful_3

Leosama's thread existsss
And There are only two brands, TT and Hasbro
This is a suggestion from @[marutti]...
(Aug. 31, 2018  12:06 PM)marutti Wrote: I have a suggestion.
Now there are too many threads to find each product thread.
And I always confuse which product has thread or not why don't you make thread list along with product number from B-01?

I think its fairly true