MF Lightning L Drago BD145LRF

I've actually had a slightly similar problem when Basalt 230CS just stayed within the tornado ridge. I'm not too sure if it was the clear wheel but I changed everything. Even the BD145, i suspected rattling.

I managed to claw three in a row from 2 down against Lee last tournament. He was using Earth Leone 85WD suspecting I was going to use MF-H Gravity Perseus BD145R2F. I did and he was pretty chuffed when he saw me pick it and go 2-0 up. It took a lot of tilting but still completely 100% power for the metal wheel to make contact and do the KO's to win.

First two losses were only BD145 to Earth contact, but under the circumstances it slapped me to tilt and push forward far more aggressively.

Why does this matter? Because even with Lightning L-drago, I'm not getting a lot of KO's through the clear wheel making contact, a lot of it is metal contact causing KO's therefore i find changing the clear wheel in this circumstance unnecessary. Tilt and find the metal.
(Jun. 21, 2011  10:30 PM)Mc Frown Wrote: The metal and plastic sort of go hand in hand on LLD
Yet I don't feel most of the contact is really on the plastic. When you do get a hard hit, do you not hear the sound of the metal?
ControL_ is right though, best bet is to bank heavily. Try to get bd145 under. Bleh.
You can get it under most things, supposedly. 100sd, on a wheel with a relatively small overhang, I think is achievable.
factor in how tall rf is and the movement speed as well as SD sitting in the lower middle part of the stadium
(Jun. 21, 2011  10:18 PM)♥ Wrote:
(Jun. 21, 2011  9:48 PM)Dan Wrote:
(Jun. 21, 2011  9:41 PM)♥ Wrote:
(Jun. 21, 2011  9:31 PM)Dan Wrote: The LDrago clear wheel is worn most likely. Get a new one, it will do better.

Could you elaborate on this? I'm curious.

Ah, well awhile back I started having trouble with this combination, so I thought that obviously my LDrago CW has had one too many collisions, and its surface was below prime now. I then switched CW's and everything was fine. I consulted Bluezee on this matter and he said he went 7-8 of LDrago CW's and he already knew about this issue.
I re-saw the video and remember the same lack-luster type of thing happening to me.
By the way, Frown said it doesn't matter, use what you want, how you want, when you want and if you want. Apathy ensues.

tl;dr
When LDrago CW gets battered up too much, it loses quite a bit of power behind it, edges are usually softened/completely gone etc.

Could you take pictures? I only have L Drago.

I would if I had a properly working camera. :[
Opinions are opinions.
Can you give me a solid explanation as to why such minor visible wear so drastically affects preformance?
You'd assume after hundreds of battles that the collisions would take a toll upon the clear wheel, shaping it differently, rounding it which severely hinders the aggressive nature of Lightning + LDrago. I'd assume an untouched LDrago clear wheel with all its edges would be much more pliable for attack customizations than a used and potentially severely rounded LDrago clear wheel. Perhaps I am hyperbolizing this wear, but I have noticed that my lesser used LDrago was more capable, or notably more vicious than my other one which had more use in past.
To relate to what your dealing with, if your LDrago clear wheel is indeed rather worn it could affect it's performance, and it obviously has if I manage to do much better against a 'harder' defense wheel than you against an average (I'd assume it be decent, but you have used Dark against Quetzalcoatl before to prove points, haha.) defensive wheel. You'd assume an easier time would be had against a less qualified wheel compared to something like Basalt, but since this is not the case so I had to bring forth the thought that some of your parts were past its prime, affecting MF Lightning LDrago BD145RF's performance.
You say it is visible? It would be wise to describe what you see. What I see from your video is a passive LDrago clear wheel, very passive. In fact, my worn LDrago does manage KO's against Basalt. You brought up that it could be Basalt's height, so I tried Earth and it was even easier. I don't know how you get these results but have you tested more than one LDrago clear wheel in this situation? I realize that you are not trying to jab at this combinations merit, not that much can be done anymore anyway since this beyblade has gone around tournaments like a plague. Earlier I thought otherwise, though, and I apologize for being irrationally critical but this entire post is completely on level with past aside. (excluding the quetzalcoatl reference, but that was supposed to be a joke, not offensive at all.) so, I hope that clarified, if it didn't then tell me. :V
(Jun. 22, 2011  2:15 AM)Dan Wrote: You'd assume after hundreds of battles that the collisions would take a toll upon the clear wheel, shaping it differently,
if this was true it wouldnt fit.
Quote:I'd assume an untouched LDrago clear wheel with all its edges would be much more pliable for attack customizations than a used and potentially severely rounded LDrago clear wheel.
You make it out like the used clear wheel is obviously and visibly distorted; which it isn't.
Quote:Perhaps I am hyperbolizing this wear, but I have noticed that my lesser used LDrago was more capable, or notably more vicious than my other one which had more use in past.
I find this hard to believe (that it actually makes any detectable difference).
Quote:To relate to what your dealing with, if your LDrago clear wheel is indeed rather worn it could affect it's performance,
It hasn't though
Quote:and it obviously has if I manage to do much better against a 'harder' defense wheel than you against an average
Wait what are you even talking about now. This makes 0 sense. Irrelevant to the current conversation imo.
Quote:(I'd assume it be decent, but you have used Dark against Quetzalcoatl before to prove points, haha.) defensive wheel.
Yeah, to prove a point along with testing it against real defensive combos. This is a completely moot point.
Quote:You'd assume an easier time would be had against a less qualified wheel compared to something like Basalt,
what are you raving about im really lost right now. If you're talking about Thunder then I assume you haven't ever laid your hands on it. Besides, did you test the same combo but with Basalt? Just make a video or something please otherwise I really don't put any weight on this sentiment.
Quote:but since this is not the case so I had to bring forth the thought that some of your parts were past its prime,
SD is the first bottom I owned so if you wanna talk about wear. . .
Quote:You say it is visible? It would be wise to describe what you see.
Except I have already. There are a few very minor dents on the more outward of the two lines on each of the heads.
Quote:What I see from your video is a passive LDrago clear wheel, very passive.
Yeah I'm calling BS on you right here.
Quote:I don't know how you get these results
well you saw the video
Quote:I realize that you are not trying to jab at this combinations merit, not that much can be done anymore anyway since this beyblade has gone around tournaments like a plague.
Except it doesn't win. (Basalt BD145 teehee)
(Jun. 22, 2011  2:32 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: You make it out like the used clear wheel is obviously and visibly distorted; which it isn't.
(Jun. 21, 2011  11:51 PM)Mc Frown Wrote: minor visible wear

Quote:I find this hard to believe (that it actually makes any detectable difference).
.. what? I'll show you a vid bro. difference in smash is most definitely visible.

Quote:It hasn't though
Look at OP results, then yours. (reference to difference in performance.)

Quote:Wait what are you even talking about now. This makes 0 sense. Irrelevant to the current conversation imo.
I'm saying it makes no sense how I can kill Basalt with this and you can't kill Thunder. Something is obviously up, (CW)

Quote:what are you raving about im really lost right now. If you're talking about Thunder then I assume you haven't ever laid your hands on it. Besides, did you test the same combo but with Basalt? Just make a video or something please otherwise I really don't put any weight on this sentiment.
See above + I will. :V

Quote:SD is the first bottom I owned so if you wanna talk about wear. . .
Doesn't matter, I'm strictly talking about parts on your LLD, could care less about Thunder.

Quote: Except I have already. There are a few very minor dents on the more outward of the two lines on each of the heads.
(Jun. 22, 2011  2:32 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: You make it out like the used clear wheel is obviously and visibly distorted; which it isn't.
contradiction?

Quote:Yeah I'm calling BS on you right here.
Watch the video I'm going to make, then talk. Your LDrago is honestly nothing in that video.. :V

Quote:Except it doesn't win. (Basalt BD145 teehee)
OP.
yeah, it wasnt the best wording tbh but just like metal wheels get small dings in them after a few matches I wouldn't call them 'worn out'

(Jun. 22, 2011  3:05 AM)Dan Wrote: .. what? I'll show you a vid bro. difference in smash is most definitely visible.
I'm down for a comparison video. Film you vs. the same combo with all the same parts except different L Drago Clear Wheels.
Quote:Look at OP results, then yours. (reference to difference in performance.)
My other LLD combinations do just fine and get the appropriate win rates.

Quote:I'm saying it makes no sense how I can kill Basalt with this and you can't kill Thunder. Something is obviously up, (CW)
did you do basalt aquario 100sd? Also it could be because basalt is taller/wobbles.

Quote:Doesn't matter, I'm strictly talking about parts on your LLD, could care less about Thunder.
I have a plan.

Quote:Watch the video I'm going to make, then talk. Your LDrago is honestly nothing in that video.. :V
make the video then ill have something to talk about. ill make another lld video.

Quote:OP.
Tournament results.
Oh I follow, but I mean excessive battling over a couple months, or even a year (I honestly use some of my parts to the last drop). It seemed as if that LDrago was quite used, unless I misunderstood and thats a relatively unused one? I mean honestly it looks as if that thing is beat to hell is all. I'll post up a video tomorrow, because its night time here.
bluezee Wrote:BD145 on its own produces such a force of attack that anything is prone to getting smashed out when it hits.
just saw this and lol it sure hasnt knocked anything out for me
Okay that was an early on thought from march, and I realized that didn't ever happen often enough to be really legit. I make video tomorrow then we hear remarks.
Could you test this combo against Basalt Bull 90/85 WD/W2D please?
could you test this combo against MF LLD BD145 LRF(i know its the same combo) it could be the one that beats it (the only thing thats strong enough to beat it is itself)
(Jun. 22, 2011  6:10 AM)SaintNP Wrote: could you test this combo against MF LLD BD145 LRF(i know its the same combo) it could be the one that beats it (the only thing thats strong enough to beat it is itself)

There wouldn't be any point to that. It will just be based on skills, since the beys are the same.
Would one that was used for about 3-4 months be considered worn, let's say about 10-20 battles a day?
a tad, yes.
Always count on some randoms to break the seriousness.
Btw, with the banking thing, that's why you gotta bank dangerously heavily. This is from memory and others posts though. I've not had time to drag out the parts again. Still, there's no reason you should struggle with thunder 100sd... Confused
Btw guise, calm down, it's just spinning tops, people are doing well with this combo competitively, if you don't like it, use something else Uncertain
You mean that post spitting earlier between McFrown and I? That was fun more than anything for me.
But yeah, banking is obvious; you'd preferably get contact from both BD145 and Lightning LDrago (I'm imagining right now) though I do it so naturally now I'd assume its an obvious must which McFrown considered in his testing?
Just popping in once again to say this is my #1 Unrivaled favourite attack Combo. It's sheer Force is amazing. Its a Fantastic Combo and many people down here in Melbourne worship you Bluezee (and Dan) for Creating (pls dun kill me!!!111) or making this thread. It is hands Down #1 most used Attack combo down, Down Under and we have alot of Attack users. Thank you Smile