Libra (Re)Testing: Please Chip In! (UPDATED 3RD Feb!)

EDIT: For anyone who came here looking for how to use their libra wheel, It IS outclassed by Basalt and Hell nowadays, however, these results should help you find the best use for your libra nonetheless.
Also, I've noticed I never tested MF-H Libra BD145CS. I still havent, as basalt works better, and I really don't want to test libra again Tongue_out Anyway, that should be a great combo, possibly libras best, so yeah (not sure if it gets hit hard enough by opposing beys to scrape or not, but yeah). That said, these tests are still pretty handy Smile The reason I didn't is because BD145 was very new, and CS was still considered outclassed by RS for defence (CS is now far more popular, due to not being outspun by almost everything, while still being excellent defensively), that and I got really worn out from all the testing.

So, I figured, seeing as Kai-V stated the need for more tests to be done before a decision on the unbanning of libra can be made, that I'd a) do some testing myself, and b) try to draw some attention to it by giving it it's own thread, so other people will test it.

This should allow us to collect libra testing, and give non-advanced members somewhere to post it.

Please help out with testing if you can, the sooner we get a good number of results, the sooner a decision on libra will be made.

This is all in relation to the Libra Re-Instatement thread in the advanced forum.

Some of my results are from the Parts Testing Thread

Okay, so the actual data:
My Testing (UPDATED 3RD FEB)

Blitz's Testing (UPDATED 27th JAN)

Ray Jokers Testing (UPDATED 27th Jan)

Control_'s testing (UPDATED 1st FEB!)

Cye Kinomiya's Testing (UPDATED 3rd Feb!)

VIDEOS!
Videos by Fyuoor

Evan has a great thread going here, with testing of libra+rsf against various attack beys, done by him and other members: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Breaking...nst-Attack

I'll do my best to update this post as more testing is done. I myself have more tests coming, but yeah.

If anyone can test MF Libra CH120RF against Libra Defence combos, and against newer attack blades, it'd be really good.

Also, more testing of MFH Libra BD145RS/RSF/CS is needed.

Kai-V has requested more tests of the BB-96 Libra, so PLEASE INCLUDE WHAT MOLD OF LIBRA YOU ARE USING Smile
But really, any testing is appreciated, if you've got links to previous or new testing, and any more testing, and are okay with them being included here, post them (you'll get credit).
I'll do some testing when i'm home since I have Libra, GB145 and RS.
Nice thread! Also, do you have any other defenseive bottoms such as CS or RSF? these would provide better results relative to Libra's actual potential against current attack types...
Thanks megablader, that'd be great.
Nojo, thanks, it's kind inspired by your threads. My cs's are quite worn, and are a bit aggro, but there will be testing with them, though seeing as we're testing libras game breaking potential, I am probably going to put more focus on rs, as that has more potential to be game breaking.

Anyway, I've just been doing some warmup round with mf libra ch120RF. While it's been dominating attack and stamina types, the boost given to it's old weakness, defense, by rs means I'm yet to beat MF Earth Aquario GB145RS. Funnily enough, it does seen to hurt mf earth aquila 230rs much more. Also, whole using aquila on vulcan gives it enough smash to ko libra, bull seems to work better against mf libra ch120rf, as it doesn't get ko'd as easily. I really have to get a gemios cw to try on vulcan, though.

IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO TEST MF LIBRA CH120RF Against newer attack types, go ahead, I can't manage to get two RF's to behave at once right now, especially with Libra. Uncertain

Oh, and I've got screw capricorn, hell kerbecs, and midnight bull in the post, so once they arrive, I'll test bd145 and mf with and against libra.
OP UPDATED WITH MORE TESTING!

I've still got more to do (I've got a list, I'm out tomorrow, but the next thing I do will probably be re-testing the already tested combos against combos they haven't been tested against yet, so we can get a better idea of what libra combos are actually best), but I think that's plenty for tonight.

I've also prettied it up a bit. When I have other members testing to include, I'll need to make it a bit cleaner again.
I hope the hundred or so spoiler tags aren't too much, I figure when (if) the results start rolling in, they'll be useful. Grin
I had some spare time to do some testing -

MF-H Libra GB145CS VS Hell Kerbecs 85RF
RF slightly Worn, CS near mint.
Hell shot with Sliding shoot, both at 100%.
All 15 rounds in the MFB Attack Stadium.

MF-H Libra GB145CS: 7 wins (all by OS)
Hell Kerbecs 85RF: 8 wins (all be KO)

MF-H Libra GB145CS VS MF Vulcan Horuseus 85RF
Vulcan shot with Sliding shoot, both at 100%.
All 15 rounds in the MFB Attack Stadium

MF-H Libra GB145CS: 8 wins (all by OS)
MF Vulcan Horuseus 85RF: 7 wins (all be KO)

MF-H Libra GB145CS VS MF Lightning LDrago 85RF
LLD shot with Sliding shoot, both at 100%.
All 15 rounds in the MFB Attack Stadium

MF-H Libra GB145CS: 6 wins (4 wins by OS, 2 by KO)
MF Lightning LDrago 85RF: 9wins (all wins by KO)
Wow, that's fantastic, thanks a bunch Smile I'll add them to the OP tomorrow if that's okay?
(Jan. 25, 2011  8:10 PM)MeteorKing Wrote: Wow, that's fantastic, thanks a bunch Smile I'll add them to the OP tomorrow if that's okay?
No problem, and that's fine. Smile
what if we test a libra combo against a 230 combo. i think the lbra wheel might be able to do something against it
What's the point? We're testing it in defence combos. Cause we're trying to see if it should be unbanned. Testing against 230 combos shows nothing it this respect.
No, not quite, I plan to test it's use in stamina combos, and in libra ch120rf (which I now realise doesn't use an mf), so there'll be tests against 230.
There should be some tests against 230 in the op already. Remember, libra was banned as it was great at defence AND stamina, and in libra ch120rf.

Also, 230 is beaten by most left spin combos of decent height. Shame about vulcan, though.
That isn't the reason why it was banned. Look at the article cause your saying it was banned cause it was too good for stamina and defence which was only part of it.
Oh, yeah, there's more too it than that, but I thought you were saying it was just banned because of it's defence. Smile In my defence, it was 330 AM here.
meteor king could you try libra CH120 CS instead of RF with a slightly aggresive CS, it shoukd in theory be able to beat all three tyes so could u try it plz..
Hmm, MF-H Libra 230CS might be able to own all three types aswell.
Could you make the first poste more leggible plz?
It's like opening a matryoshka XD
how will it do that milkychipz stamina types will own it, 230 is not good for attack.
(Jan. 26, 2011  11:33 AM)abhicherath Wrote: how will it do that milkychipz stamina types will own it, 230 is not good for attack.

Well,
Cs is actually an Rubber coated sharp
As we know 230+cs can withstand any low attackers with defence
And when playing against stamina the stamina type keeps it stable enough for it to be in the sharp tip resulting in Win against all three types
(Jan. 26, 2011  11:33 AM)abhicherath Wrote: how will it do that milkychipz stamina types will own it, 230 is not good for attack.

It will PWN because 230 works well against other attack types, and 230CS can OS 85WD etc.

Too many spoilers in the OP, hah.

Seperate them with a line, like this:
Code:
[hr]

Much easier.

Read what he said again. He said it would beat all three types which doesn't mean that it has attack ability at all. 230 is good for stamina as well so it could beat all three types.
230cs is already on my list with both mfh and mff (apparently mf-f earth bull 230cs is a beast), and at least one of them I'll do tomorrow, unless something comes up.
I'll do a couple tests witg ch120cs, though I'm not totally satisfied with my cs's (at least for consistent attack) right now, I need a new takara one, but I'm short on cash at the moment, but I can see it losing to attack types, and it might not hit 230 hard enough, so it's not top priority.

Yeah, I went overboard on spoilers (I thought the same as BakaPhoenix this morning), I'll fix it tomorrow, and add blitz's results Smile
MF-H Libra BD145RSF vs. MF Vulcan Horuseus 85R2F
Standard Testing Procedues
Beylauncher L + R

Libra is like a rock.

MF-H Libra BD145RSF vs. MF Lightning L Drago (Upper Mode) 90R2F
Standard Testing Procedures
Beylauncher L for L Drago

There were way too many draws to redo.
Wait, so BD fits on Libra..? Dear god, Smithicide
Anyway it didn't fit on Earth so.. If you haven't already, could you try 230CS/RSF..?
If libra will be unbanned, tests also need to include using it in attack as well as defense. You also need to test it with mf libra ch120 rf, so we can see if libra still has balance capabilities.

The attack combo I've been using with libra, that seems to perform the best is MF-h libra 85 rf. I don't have 230, but my guess is that it will fail against it. Libra should also be tested with metal flat, so that the tests show that it is 100% clear libra should be unbanned.
(Jan. 26, 2011  10:51 PM)Dan Wrote: Wait, so BD fits on Libra..? Dear god, Smithicide
Anyway it didn't fit on Earth so.. If you haven't already, could you try 230CS/RSF..?

The normal version does, not Boost Mode.

I will try those asap.