LR Beyblade Burst Launcher Hack: Make any Beyblade LR?

Yes, you read the title correctly. Yes, I've got video proof.
https://animoto.com/play/kM2eLGjXgq8PQKaXvM7iUg
Camick is somehow able to launch his (MCC) Infinite Solomon Drift 2A counterclockwise against arka.paul.
At the moment, there aren't any rules preventing players from pulling this off, see here:
[Image: Untitled-4.png]
(Apr. 10, 2021  8:59 PM)#Fafnir Wrote: Yes, you read the title correctly. Yes, I've got video proof.
Camick is somehow able to launch his (MCC) Infinite Solomon Drift 2A counterclockwise against arka.paul.
At the moment, there aren't any rules preventing players from pulling this off, see here:

This has happened to me on several occasions too. What happens is the bey gets jammed to the launcher allowing for the launcher to be winded any way. There is a - as the bey get’s less launch power due to it getting off onto the stadium just a second later (I’ve timed it it’s almost a second later than the standard launch). I think to solve this issue there should be a clause saying that the bey has to spin in the direction it was intended to spin in (I say this because burst beys have contact points that can act as hooks so this technique would make certain beys crazy strong, especially rage which has mega grappling power able to burst the likes of cho-z Spriggan with all 4 burst stoppers on)
(Apr. 10, 2021  9:11 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Apr. 10, 2021  8:59 PM)#Fafnir Wrote: Yes, you read the title correctly. Yes, I've got video proof.

This has happened to me on several occasions too. What happens is the bey gets jammed to the launcher allowing for the launcher to be winded any way. There is a - as the bey get’s less launch power due to it getting off onto the stadium just a second later (I’ve timed it it’s almost a second later than the standard launch). I think to solve this issue there should be a clause saying that the bey has to spin in the direction it was intended to spin in (I say this because burst beys have contact points that can act as hooks so this technique would make certain beys crazy strong, especially rage which has mega grappling power able to burst the likes of cho-z Spriggan with all 4 burst stoppers on)

I too have had it happen, but I didn't think much of it until BuilderROB sent me the clip linked in the opening post. It's definitely concerning to say the least.
It should be noted that there’s a risk in doing this and that is that you)re bey is much more likely to break. It’s really a 50/50
(Apr. 10, 2021  9:11 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:

It may not be explicitly written in the rules, but I'm 99% sure there's an unwritten rule that Beyblades can only be spun/launched in the spin direction intended by their design.
Obviously L/R beys wouldn't be susceptible to this rule, but Beys that are locked to a single spin direction (Like Valkyrie or Fafnir) can only be launched in said spin direction (Right-spin and left-spin, respectively).

In the case that this was somehow an accident, I'd say redo the match.
(Apr. 10, 2021  9:56 PM)BladerGem Wrote:
(Apr. 10, 2021  9:11 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: This has happened to me on several occasions too. What happens is the bey gets jammed to the launcher allowing for the launcher to be winded any way. There is a - as the bey get’s less launch power due to it getting off onto the stadium just a second later (I’ve timed it it’s almost a second later than the standard launch). I think to solve this issue there should be a clause saying that the bey has to spin in the direction it was intended to spin in (I say this because burst beys have contact points that can act as hooks so this technique would make certain beys crazy strong, especially rage which has mega grappling power able to burst the likes of cho-z Spriggan with all 4 burst stoppers on)

It may not be explicitly written in the rules, but I'm 99% sure there's an unwritten rule that Beyblades can only be spun/launched in the spin direction intended by their design.
Obviously L/R beys wouldn't be susceptible to this rule, but Beys that are locked to a single spin direction (Like Valkyrie or Fafnir) can only be launched in said spin direction (Right-spin and left-spin, respectively).

In the case that this was somehow an accident, I'd say redo the match.

I believe it's because it isn't written in the rules that this was abused. If it was against the rules, it would've been noted as such in the Burst format rulebook. Not saying that this sort of thing was intended to be legal, but at the moment, it is.
this is possible cause Max used it against Kai on the begining of BsB
Hmm, was the launcher presented in left spin to the judge?  Before players have seen each other’s combos.
Also, was the launcher grip removed at the beginning of the video?
(Apr. 11, 2021  7:40 AM)Shindog Wrote:
Hmm, was the launcher presented in left spin to the judge?  Before players have seen each other’s combos.

I wasn't at the event, but a friend of mine who was confirms it was presented in left spin before both players saw each other's combos.
Yes, the launcher grip was removed at the beginning of the video.
(Apr. 11, 2021  7:40 AM)Shindog Wrote:
The first. Yes it came in as a left spin launcher. The second. The launcher grip was removed at the start before the match "started", as it wasn't needed at the time. I didn't use the launcher with the grip first and immediately removed it before the first launch. The reason I didn't remove it till actual start is because I've learned mind games are very effective and last match I used another launcher with the grip so I just transferred it to the lr launcher which the grip shows outside my pocket, effectively making him think that I was going to use the other launcher again, and effectively the same combo as the last. So what #Fafnir said is true. I did what I did because it is not against the rules and I knew BuilderROB which took the video would freak out about it calling it "illegal" as soon as he figured out what was going on, and I also knew that this rule would change to fit this situation after I did it. However, it is currently not against the rules, and thus fair game. I'm a competitive person at heart and as others who are truly into competitive play in anything, I took any advantage or unexpected move as I could to give me the edge. So don't hate on me when I'm doing something that to normal people is not "common sense" because when I drive 2+ hours to an ranked event, I go with the want to win. Of course majority of the people I meet usually almost always become my friend which I'm thankful for. =)
---
Note: I practiced hours (almost a full week) to pull what I did off...
(Apr. 11, 2021  1:59 PM)Camick Wrote:
(Apr. 11, 2021  7:40 AM)Shindog Wrote: Hmm, was the launcher presented in left spin to the judge?  Before players have seen each other’s combos.
The first. Yes it came in as a left spin launcher. The second. The launcher grip was removed at the start before the match "started", as it wasn't needed at the time. I didn't use the launcher with the grip first and immediately removed it before the first launch. The reason I didn't remove it till actual start is because I've learned mind games are very effective and last match I used another launcher with the grip so I just transferred it to the lr launcher which the grip shows outside my pocket, effectively making him think that I was going to use the other launcher again, and effectively the same combo as the last. So what #Fafnir said is true. I did what I did because it is not against the rules and I knew BuilderROB which took the video would freak out about it calling it "illegal" as soon as he figured out what was going on, and I also knew that this rule would change to fit this situation after I did it. However, it is currently not against the rules, and thus fair game. I'm a competitive person at heart and as others who are truly into competitive play in anything, I took any advantage or unexpected move as I could to give me the edge. So don't hate on me when I'm doing something that to normal people is not "common sense" because when I drive 2+ hours to an ranked event, I go with the want to win. Of course majority of the people I meet usually almost always become my friend which I'm thankful for. =)
---
Note: I practiced hours (almost a full week) to pull what I did off...
I see, but the launcher grip was on when the bey and launcher set up was revealed to the opponent and the judge from what I can see on the video anyway.  The launcher set up presented to the judge would be the one that a player would be “set” to I believe.

I don’t know that this is hate.  It is being argued that NO rule is being broken.  Just curious as to why two second into the video I am seeing a rule potentially being broken.  Maybe the video isn’t telling the whole story.  Obviously, I was not there, thus, I am asking.
I'm just going to come out and say immediately: this may not be in our rulebooks, but it intentionally isn't because we deem it common sense. If we posted every single common sense ruling in our books, we'd have a huge rulebook that people wouldn't want to read, which is what we want to avoid (but seems like we need to do lately).

These parts and accessories are blatantly incompatible. The attempt to use them together should have stopped there, and going beyond that point means you're consciously ignoring rules that are physically built into the game, with the intention of gaining an advantage. This doesn't just apply to forcing a spin direction that doesn't work, but you can also think of this as forcefully combining two parts that obviously cannot work together (shoving 2A and Mirage together, for instance).

Adding to that that the spin rotation was then changed freely throughout a match, you're effectively created a dual-spin Beyblade and are then ignoring our rules on Dual-spin parts and their locked rotation. Which again, is intentionally bypassing a rule via illegitimate means, gaining an advantage and essentially cheating.

I'm a little lost for words beyond this honestly. But please be aware that we'll very likely have a serious discussion about this internally and actions will be taken accordingly, be it rulebook updates (because "common sense" doesn't float these days apparently) or perhaps something beyond that.

For reference of anyone else thinking of trying this: no, if parts and accessories are clearly incompatible, it's not intended and illegal. If in doubt or it's a grey area, please speak to a member of Staff who can advise on this.
If we are going to argue hard that launching that bey left spin broke no rules by looking hard at the rulebook, I think it is only fair to look equally as hard as to if the launcher modification occurred during this match after the players are set. After all, that occurred even before the beys were launched.
(Apr. 11, 2021  4:01 PM)Shindog Wrote: If we are going to argue hard that launching that bey left spin broke no rules by looking hard at the rulebook, I think it is only fair to look equally as hard as to if the launcher modification occurred during this match after the players are set.  After all, that occurred even before the beys were launched.

I completely agree that the launcher grip change was and is a rule breach, thank you for catching that.
(Apr. 11, 2021  3:50 PM)~Mana~ Wrote: I'm just going to come out and say immediately: this may not be in our rulebooks, but it intentionally isn't because we deem it common sense. If we posted every single common sense ruling in our books, we'd have a huge rulebook that people wouldn't want to read, which is what we want to avoid (but seems like we need to do lately).

These parts and accessories are blatantly incompatible. The attempt to use them together should have stopped there, and going beyond that point means you're consciously ignoring rules that are physically built into the game, with the intention of gaining an advantage. This doesn't just apply to forcing a spin direction that doesn't work, but you can also think of this as forcefully combining two parts that obviously cannot work together (shoving 2A and Mirage together, for instance).

Adding to that that the spin rotation was then changed freely throughout a match, you're effectively created a dual-spin Beyblade and are then ignoring our rules on Dual-spin parts and their locked rotation. Which again, is intentionally bypassing a rule via illegitimate means, gaining an advantage and essentially cheating.

I'm a little lost for words beyond this honestly. But please be aware that we'll very likely have a serious discussion about this internally and actions will be taken accordingly, be it rulebook updates (because "common sense" doesn't float these days apparently) or perhaps something beyond that.

For reference of anyone else thinking of trying this: no, if parts and accessories are clearly incompatible, it's not intended and illegal. If in doubt or it's a grey area, please speak to a member of Staff who can advise on this.
While it may be deemed as common sense, I still feel that this should be addressed in the Burst Format rules to prevent it from happening again. I suggest adding something along the lines of:
Quote:“Beyblade products must be used in the way that both Hasbro and Takara Tomy intended. This includes compatibility with parts, spin direction compatibility, etc.”
(Apr. 11, 2021  3:50 PM)~Mana~ Wrote: I'm just going to come out and say immediately: this may not be in our rulebooks, but it intentionally isn't because we deem it common sense. If we posted every single common sense ruling in our books, we'd have a huge rulebook that people wouldn't want to read, which is what we want to avoid (but seems like we need to do lately).

You know I have respect for you who are staff of the website since you give free time to run the community. However, if the context of "common sense" you are extreme wrong. If everyone had "common sense" there would not be any rules in the first place. Its because people have a lack of "common sense" that rules are created here, a place where young to adult age people can play a childs game. As for incompatible parts. Everything "part" wise was compatible and when placed on the launcher (which is a tt launcher), and placed and held correctly, allows for the possibility of what happened. Also, to also, also, correct you on "changing spins" I didn't AT ALL change spin direction during that match which you clearly stated above. It's sad to see that a community built around playing a game for fun or competitively like I do, can fall apart so easy over something that all you have to do is update the rule books to not allow. I'm fine with it being added moving forward, and I knew that going into the tournament. Your right this is a "lost for words" as I can't believe this is how people act here on something that can be fixed so easily. This is why I clearly stated, "I knew you were going to do this" in the video provided above. Anyways just change the rules about the launching moving forward, and be done with this. Don't be hostile towards a person playing a childs game.

Also, Shindog is correct I did take the grip off at the start of the match. However, it wouldn't change how I would have launched it. Moving forward I'll keep to rule in mind to make sure it doesn't happen again. Thanks for your help, Shindog.

Just get Kei in here. Let him update the rules and be done with this.
I do agree it is common sense as ~Mana~ has stated, but I also can agree with Camick the rulebook has to be updated at this point.  It is unfortunate as things are already getting missed in the hefty rulebook   (the launcher grip infraction is a timely example I suppose) by an organizer no less. However, I guess adding more to the rulebook can’t be helped at this point.  Our rulebooks are probably a bit hefty due to situations just like this one that occurred in the past.  I don’t see this as a good thing really, more of a necessary evil.

If we are going to say there wasn’t any rule breaking to launching the bey in left spin, we should also be as adamant that rules were broken for removing the grip. How the bey would be launched is inconsequential.  If a rule isn’t a rule unless it is in the rulebook, then a rule is a rule when it is in the rulebook, right?  Or else, how do we use the rulebook?
As the organizer of that event I feel I have to respond here.

With respect to "common sense":
Yes I'd argue that but there is/was a dilemma(amongst all the judges/organizers there) when confronted with "there's no rule against" and when legal parts are used.

Changing Spin Rotation:
The rotation was not changed during that match.

Launcher grip removal:
I did not judge the match and started watching after the match had already started but from the video and Camick's response, he did present it with a grip which should not have been removed.

As far as how I handled this(I'm sure most of OP is aware):
There was no unanimous consensus on if this was legal or not for reasons stated above. So with arka being ok with this, he even stated "it's genius", I allowed it to play out with Camick explaining how he was doing it. KJ was contacted for a firm ruling and pending his ruling I gave Camick the following stipulations with regards to the combo in question:
  • He'd have to announce to the Judge prior which spin direction he was using
  • He'd have to let the opponent know the direction he was using as there was no tell(world has different colors depending on direction) other than LR launcher which could be switched..
  • He could not change the LR launcher direction as beys like world are not allowed to change spin direction so that would be unfair

Once KJ responded, Camick was told he could not use the combo in this way anymore and he didn't.
Not saying this is what happened and not putting blame on anyone with this, but I could see:

I hypothetically could start off in left spin.  Honestly, it would be pretty easy to say to the judge,  “Ah! I forgot to switch my launcher to left spin, it is incapable of launching a right spin beybalde, may I switch?”  This would likely work even after I am “set.”  Most judges will probably allow that to happen without a second thought, seeing that it is a right spin bey and the left spin launcher set up would be “incapable” of launching the bey.

To me, the issue of the breach of the  launcher being “set” rule is equally if not the bigger issue in this particular case.  It also occurred first.  The match stopped at that moment.   Many good points and suggestions are bought up, but rule breaking  that factually occurred shouldn’t be overlooked.
(Apr. 11, 2021  5:36 PM)Shindog Wrote: Not saying this is what happened and not putting blame on anyone with this, but I could see:

I hypothetically could start off in left spin.  Honestly, it would be pretty easy to say to the judge,  “Ah! I forgot to switch my launcher to left spin, it is incapable of launching a right spin beybalde, may I switch?”  This would likely work even after I am “set.”  Most judges will probably allow that to happen without a second thought, seeing that it is a right spin bey and the left spin launcher set up would be “incapable” of launching the bey.

To me, the issue of the breach of the  launcher being “set” rule is equally if not the bigger issue in this particular case.  It also occurred first.  The match stopped at that moment.   Many good points and suggestions are bought up, but rule breaking  that factually occurred shouldn’t be overlooked.

This is very valid point and I definitely agree with.
Good points and discussed here.

The rulebook will get looked at as soon as possible. The breach of the launcher set up change deserves to get looked at equally is all I am saying. This even occurred with a player/organizer that obviously studied the rulebook (at least the comments in the video suggests this). This is something for the OP team to keep in mind and discuss. Are ppl only seeing/not seeing rules they want to see? And how do we remedy that?
(Apr. 11, 2021  4:20 PM)Camick Wrote: You know I have respect for you who are staff of the website since you give free time to run the community. However, if the context of "common sense" you are extreme wrong. If everyone had "common sense" there would not be any rules in the first place. Its because people have a lack of "common sense" that rules are created here, a place where young to adult age people can play a childs game.

That's precisely why we address specific areas that aren't common sense though, and add them to the rulebook accordingly. I agree that some of the community absolutely do lack some of that common sense as of late (hence us having to begrudgingly address certain rulings that we didn't think needed addressing).

In this situation, I think "common sense" very much applies though. Forcibly launching a part in it's opposite rotation is very clearly not intended; the parts are marketed as being the appropriate spin direction, are designed in such a way that they cannot be connected or will easily fall off if connected incorrectly etc. This isn't the same as us having to clarify certain things like we have in the past; this is a fundamental design feature of Beys that prevent this from happening, and marketing that is very clear in specifying left, right or dual spin capabilities.

Yes, we can be more specific. As I mention in my previous message, we can address this for the future via rulebook updates, and we already have a comprehensive change in the works to help cover as many gaps as possible (essentially dividing the rulebooks into Comprehensive and Quick-Start rulebooks to cover both avenues). This will just get added to our plans for this.

(Apr. 11, 2021  4:20 PM)Camick Wrote: As for incompatible parts. Everything "part" wise was compatible and when placed on the launcher (which is a tt launcher), and placed and held correctly, allows for the possibility of what happened. Also, to also, also, correct you on "changing spins" I didn't AT ALL change spin direction during that match which you clearly stated above. It's sad to see that a community built around playing a game for fun or competitively like I do, can fall apart so easy over something that all you have to do is update the rule books to not allow. I'm fine with it being added moving forward, and I knew that going into the tournament.

You're being a bit semantic here; yes, everything "part" wise was compatible, you're not wrong. But the launcher was not compatible with the combination selected. That is the issue here, and you know that is the issue too as you explicitly state it at the end of this section.

If you didn't change rotation, that's entirely my bad for misunderstanding and I apologise. I thought I had deduced that some of the issue was also changing rotation after the combination had been checked by a judge, but I must have misunderstood.

(Apr. 11, 2021  4:20 PM)Camick Wrote: Your right this is a "lost for words" as I can't believe this is how people act here on something that can be fixed so easily. This is why I clearly stated, "I knew you were going to do this" in the video provided above. Anyways just change the rules about the launching moving forward, and be done with this. Don't be hostile towards a person playing a childs game.

I'm absolutely not being hostile here, or at least that hasn't been my intent; I'm just being direct if anything. I like to think I'm usually one of the more reasonable and approachable members of staff that people approach, and that others would reaffirm this honestly. If you feel that I'm being hostile towards you, I can only apologise but ask you to understand that this isn't the case; I just want you (and everyone) to understand and appreciate the severity of the situation and why we're a bit flabberghasted.

This can be fixed easily, you're right. But that isn't the only issue here, is it? You've knowingly done this. You clearly state that you knew we would kick up a fuss about it afterwards, so you knew it wasn't legal or correct to do this, and thus undermined not only the rules but the sportsmanship of the game. And you're an Organizer too, whom we regard as role models for the community and should be setting an example, not doing something like this.

You just needed to slide any of us a message and we could have given you a fairly quick answer as to it's legality. That would have been the better approach here. While we'll fix this easily as you say, you'll just need to be aware that there will be other consequences from this situation that need to be evaluated too.

(Apr. 11, 2021  4:20 PM)Camick Wrote: Just get Kei in here. Let him update the rules and be done with this.

I really hate this part, as this is probably more hostile than anything I've said. I don't really understand the worshipping of Kei that goes on so often, so allow me to make this clear.

Kei is not some kind of divine Beyblade god who makes all the rules himself and controls the rulebooks. Yes, in past years, he has collaborated heavily with us as a team on rulebook updates and can often be the one posting them, but no single rule is added just because he wants to be, and some are often added despite his opposition too. Kei has no more power than me on anything on our platform; he is not the be-all end-all of every situation.

Currently, he takes a larger step back from Organized Play following some of the Project AIDA changes we made last year, and both his and my focus have been on development in other areas. So there is even less reason to bow down before him. Give attention to Shindog, The Supreme One, Wombat, LazerBeamz, joyos, kjrules17 etc. They have held the fort on Organized Play to a much higher extent than Kei and are your main port of call for Organized Play enquiries, rulings etc.

The rules will be updated. But be aware that Kei is not a divine god who can or will action this himself; the OP team will discuss and handle this together as they always have done, and an announcement will be made in due course.
Did the bey need to lean on the stadium to prevent to from falling off here?
[Image: jbGSxP6.jpg]
Kinda looks like it.  

And then, if it is jammed on there too tight, seems like it can’t launch 

[Image: vJ23Gc3.jpg]

If so, this does seem quite incompatible imo.  I will try this out myself soon, see if I can replicate.  Always to learn as much as possible before we go and update the rules.
This is my last post in this conversation. mana
I'm sorry if I came off harsh earlier. I just had some frustration towards certain individuals who multiple of players here in NC are more then aware that have cheated in the past or at least made rulings to favor him in some way. This is why going in I knew he would freak out as he always does about anything that put himself in a disadvantage. Anyways I do think based on PM messages I have been conversing through, the idea of a ban for something I know wasn't in the rules, but is "common sense" is a matter of perspective. It should be up to the corresponding organizer of the tournament to make the final choice. Again like I said before I do respect you guys who spend their free time trying to manage something so big like this community. Obviously the launcher grip thing was a mistake and I apologize for it, and it won't happen again into the future as it has been clarified. As for the reverse thing. I knew it would become a rule into the future because of how possibly broken it could be (even though its easily countered), as it was a gray area. I went in knowing it was legal but knew the ruling would be changed afterwards. To me I saw no problem as I did what I did out of my competitive nature and nothing else. This is why when @Kjrules sent froztz a ruling on the situation I was more then fine to follow the ruling. In which I immediately stop using it. I had no problem with it. I just wish that people not react so harshly on a topic that's so simple to fix. Change the rules, and be done. Its that simple.
(Apr. 11, 2021  9:09 PM)Camick Wrote: This is my last post in this conversation. mana
I'm sorry if I came off harsh earlier. I just had some frustration towards certain individuals who multiple of players here in NC are more then aware that have cheated in the past or at least made rulings to favor him in some way. This is why going in I knew he would freak out as he always does about anything that put himself in a disadvantage. Anyways I do think based on PM messages I have been conversing through, the idea of a ban for something I know wasn't in the rules, but is "common sense" is a matter of perspective. It should be up to the corresponding organizer of the tournament to make the final choice. Again like I said before I do respect you guys who spend their free time trying to manage something so big like this community. Obviously the launcher grip thing was a mistake and I apologize for it, and it won't happen again into the future as it has been clarified. As for the reverse thing. I knew it would become a rule into the future because of how possibly broken it could be (even though its easily countered), as it was a gray area. I went in knowing it was legal but knew the ruling would be changed afterwards. To me I saw no problem as I did what I did out of my competitive nature and nothing else. This is why when @Kjrules sent froztz a ruling on the situation I was more then fine to follow the ruling. In which I immediately stop using it. I had no problem with it. I just wish that people not react so harshly on a topic that's so simple to fix. Change the rules, and be done. Its that simple.
How many matches were played this way and can the combo realistically stay on the launcher without it being jammed on, or leaned against the stadium when it is about to be launched?
(Apr. 11, 2021  9:14 PM)Shindog Wrote:
(Apr. 11, 2021  9:09 PM)Camick Wrote: This is my last post in this conversation. mana
How many matches were played this way and can the combo realistically stay on the launcher without it being jammed on, or leaned against the stadium when it is about to be launched?

3 Matches, It can launch without leaned however it will only have a little spin which allows it to be easily tornado stalled. It was leaned so it could pick up spin before it was totally launched. The launcher jammed because of an actual, lol, bad launch on my side because I pulled to slow. lol