Hasbro's Beyblade Burst "Energy Layers" have no teeth, "bursting is rare" [UPDATED]

(Sep. 01, 2016  4:47 PM)Kai-V Wrote: I know for sure that I do not want to re-buy everything I already purchased in Burst...

I completely agree. I would certainly have the same reaction if I had been actively purchasing Burst, I wouldn't want to start over. Fortunately for me, I only have two TT Burst, with only four more in transit.

(Sep. 01, 2016  5:02 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Yup, this is actually how I'm viewing it, too. Unfortunately, it's a pretty big logistical problem.

Unquestionably.

Also, I was toying around just now with my Layers and Bottoms and I may have noticed why there are cross-compatibility issues.

A Hasbro Layer on a Hasbro Bottom leaves no room for the usual "spring cushion" you have with a TT Layer on a TT Bottom (being able to push on the Layer like a button, basically).

A TT Layer on a TT Bottom locks after screwing it to the last teeth (even without a Disc), but a TT Layer on a Hasbro Bottom can go further (when there is no Disc): if you kept pressing on the Layer and twisting, the Layer could keep turning.

Essentially, that probably either means the Bottom is deeper or its lip is taller.

Also, @[Ingulit] (because post-grouping): I haven't found an easy way to unscrew the launcher. Assuming it's not screwed in glue, the best way to do it would probably be to shave the lip on the prongs around the screw and unscrew with pliers, or just carve a driver head on the nail head. However, looking at the launcher more closely, it might not even matter: there is a chance the gear is moulded into the prong piece.
I don't regret my Burst purchases so far, but the idea of maintaining concurrent collections does worry me a little bit ... probably I will only pick up the best-of-the-best from Hasbro on an ongoing basis.

However I still think that from a durability and gameplay design perspective Hasbro's solution seems superior (to me, so far; I haven't gotten my hands on them yet) and that this is probably a good decision overall for worldwide release of Beyblade Burst.

However surely Japanese fans will surely realize these changes are being made abroad and wonder why. There's no way Takara-Tomy wasn't involved in this process somehow, so I wondering if they are questioning their own design decisions as well. But what can they even do now? Breaking compatibility with the existing Drivers seems out of the question, so it seems like we will be destined to have two different systems forever.

However,

Tri Wrote:Baseless speculation? Yes.

Same.
One thing about Burst for me, I'm probably not going to be touching my TT beys again after seeing videos and reading about Hasbro's Beyblades. Already put them on my shelf in the stock combos they came with.
The rubber on Hasbro's Variable (or whatever stupid binary code you want to give it) is definitely different. It is wearing much slower, which could be good, but it is currently stuck in a state where it's stamina and attack are bad...
Anybody want to send me a few lol. I'm dying here.
someone post the qr codes pls i still need sprysen s2 and most double packs
(Sep. 02, 2016  12:24 AM)Jimmyjazz39 Wrote: someone post the qr codes pls i still need sprysen s2 and most double packs

Has anyone posted any QR codes?

Honestly why did Hasbro not make them unique. I don't see why anyone would think that's a good idea.
(Sep. 02, 2016  12:31 AM)Real_ilinnuc Wrote:
(Sep. 02, 2016  12:24 AM)Jimmyjazz39 Wrote: someone post the qr codes pls i still need sprysen s2 and most double packs

Has anyone posted any QR codes?

Honestly why did Hasbro not make them unique. I don't see why anyone would think that's a good idea.

They probably don't care since there's no monetary value associated with them (unlike TT's BeyPoints). And they're extremely small QR codes so not enough possible variations.
(Sep. 02, 2016  12:41 AM)Hato Wrote: My Unicrest just got a big dent from Valtryek V2..;

[Image: 2jtb47.jpg]
[Image: 2gse49x.jpg]

Smith

(Sep. 01, 2016  5:19 PM)Cannon Wrote:
(Sep. 01, 2016  7:18 AM)pyrus10000 Wrote:

Took a few screenshots from pyrus10000's video, but noticed that the Valtryek V2 has a small difference in its design?
[Image: rUTudrr.jpg]

[Image: V6iTe4E.jpg]

[Image: BtzWZ69.jpg]

Guys, I have a feeling Valtryek V2's gonna be overpowered; Hato sorry for your unicrest.
(Sep. 02, 2016  12:36 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: They probably don't care since there's no monetary value associated with them (unlike TT's BeyPoints). And they're extremely small QR codes so not enough possible variations.

I wonder why they ditched the cards like they had all throughout the Metal series. They def gave the box more color and life, and kids were easily able to tell which Bey belongs to who.
(Sep. 02, 2016  1:01 AM)Real_ilinnuc Wrote:
(Sep. 02, 2016  12:36 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: They probably don't care since there's no monetary value associated with them (unlike TT's BeyPoints). And they're extremely small QR codes so not enough possible variations.

I wonder why they ditched the cards like they had all throughout the Metal series. They def gave the box more color and life, and kids were easily able to tell which Bey belongs to who.

The packaging definitely feels really weak to me, and the overall branding is worse than Metal Fusion's.

Then again, I think this is almost a masterpiece.
(Sep. 02, 2016  1:43 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Sep. 02, 2016  1:01 AM)Real_ilinnuc Wrote:

The packaging definitely feels really weak to me, and the overall branding is worse than Metal Fusion's.

I'm already missing the idea for Steel Squad LOL.

I think the dark blue Legend packages with the Hyperblades look so appealing, I love the slick and clear layout of it. My problem with the packaging is that the box seems rather dull and the stuff looks crammed in, but it might be my eyes playing tricks on me, there's also some weird low quality look overall on the boxes if you ask me.
Wow thanks for pics Cannon.

Umm, seems like that curve or indent on Hasbro Valty V2 will create more recoil/burst attack. Awesome! Another reason to go with hasbro

Surely it will dominate
(Sep. 02, 2016  1:43 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: The packaging definitely feels really weak to me, and the overall branding is worse than Metal Fusion's.

Wow, that trailer brings back a lot of memories. I hope we get more gems like this from Hasbro this gen.
Thanks for the high quality pics Kei.

Well, this is an interesting turn of events, for sure.

I'm with BeyBrad on this one, and will reserve judgement until we know exactly what's up. Odd that they would make such large changes like this though, seems a bit out of nowhere.

Hopefully this doesn't spell doom for them though, even though it only particularly affects a small niche of the already niche market.

back to catching up on this gen
wow both of Valky's [or Valtys' Beylol] seem to be much better at hasbro.

btw it's only me or anyone else can also see TT's Valkyrie's contact point are little thinner compared to hasbro's Valtrexz?

Thanks for pics Kei
I just noticed the lack of an RFID chip (not that we'd really have a use for it).

Either way can someone post a picture of the drivers? I want to get a decent idea of exactly how different the mechanisms are and do a hypothetical static analysis.
So it's going to be

Hasbro: performance
Tamara Tomy: looks

We are going to get our best performers from Hasbro, especially with the huge amount of extra smash in Valtyrek's design. Thanks to whoever posted the pics! But Hasbro sacrificed looks. (I'm super turned off by the unclear plastic. It looks cheap Hasbro.)
(Sep. 02, 2016  6:45 AM)Kei Wrote: More mold differences:

Weight differences:

Thanks for the pictures and weights, Kei.

The milky plastic of the Energy Layers' Over Layers from every picture made me suspect Hasbro was using the same softer and lighter plastic they used throughout Shogun Steel again, but your weights and Hato's pictures of stress marks and dents in the "Whine about your breaks" thread confirm my suspicions.
(Sep. 02, 2016  1:01 AM)Real_ilinnuc Wrote: I wonder why they ditched the cards like they had all throughout the Metal series. They def gave the box more color and life, and kids were easily able to tell which Bey belongs to who.

They prob ditched the cards for cheaper packaging costs. Same could be said for why they don't use stickers either.
(Sep. 02, 2016  1:02 PM)Captain_Pancake Wrote: Same could be said for why they don't use stickers either.

Nah, printing's a lot more expensive than stickers. Hasbro just wanted them to be more durable and child friendly
Could anyone point out what is actually different between each mould? The background used is not the best to discern a part's contour in normal circumstances already. I am not certain how Odin and Odax vary, as well as Neptune and Nepstrius.
I didn't have time last night to draw anything on them, but for Odin and Neptune they both have an extra protrusion on each side. The designs are as flush as they were before. Look below the shuriken on Odin and in the lower right side of the Neptune Layers.
(Sep. 02, 2016  2:11 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Could anyone point out what is actually different between each mould? The background used is not the best to discern a part's contour in normal circumstances already. I am not certain how Odin and Odax vary, as well as Neptune and Nepstrius.

Nepstrius' third wave (painted in red) has a spike instead of a lump.

Odax's difference is better visible if you compare the images on the scale. The shuriken orb has a spike extruding outward where it is smooth on the original Odin.

edit: or listen to Kei.