Hasbro's Beyblade Burst "Energy Layers" have no teeth, "bursting is rare" [UPDATED]

(Sep. 01, 2016  3:14 PM)Burst Wrote: I guess I am late here but really great to know that Hasbro Burst is Exclusively Released at Toys R US Canada.
I Kinda really like the Launcher actually and Valtryek V2.
I am looking forward to the Hasbro mechanism of Burst and what makes it more interesting that it has no teeth hah.
The Month of September is really really gonna be very Exciting and Interesting.

Thanks for all the News !

Cheers !!!
Burst.

I don't think anything has said that it's TRU exclusive, its just that they have it on the shelves first.

I agree with the rest of your post, it looks good and fun. Now to just figure out if I can get a few for me and my kids, without my wife minding haha.
^ I've said multiple times that it's exclusive to Toys R Us in Canada, because it is (according to Toys R Us, anyway).
(Sep. 01, 2016  3:31 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: ^ I've said multiple times that it's exclusive to Toys R Us in Canada, because it is (according to Toys R Us, anyway).

Oh I'm sorry, i missed that. disregard then.
Just to make sure so I don't end up and the wrong place, Is this at the Toys "R" Us at Duffrin mall?
(Sep. 01, 2016  3:35 PM){YT}EnderBlader Wrote: Just to make sure so I don't end up and the wrong place, Is this at the Toys "R" Us at Duffrin mall?

They were found at the TRU at Dufferin Mall, yes.
This... this is unfortunate. I was really looking forward to TT Burst in North America, didn't expect it to change this much :c
(Sep. 01, 2016  3:56 PM)Hato Wrote:
(Sep. 01, 2016  3:35 PM){YT}EnderBlader Wrote: Just to make sure so I don't end up and the wrong place, Is this at the Toys "R" Us at Duffrin mall?

They were found at the TRU at Dufferin Mall, yes.

Thanks Hato. Now it's time to go Beyhunting!
I had a feeling they would curtail the Burst mechanic in America for safety reasons. I'll still grab a few to try them out, but they took away my favorite feature (the teeth acting like hit points) Unhappy
(Sep. 01, 2016  4:05 PM)Ingulit Wrote: I had a feeling they would curtail the Burst mechanic in America for safety reasons. I'll still grab a few to try them out, but considering they took away my favorite feature (the teeth acting like hit points) I'm disappointed already Unhappy

They didn't really work like this in practice anyway, though. I guess the Hasbro version is more like an action game health bar lol
(Sep. 01, 2016  4:12 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Sep. 01, 2016  4:05 PM)Ingulit Wrote: I had a feeling they would curtail the Burst mechanic in America for safety reasons. I'll still grab a few to try them out, but considering they took away my favorite feature (the teeth acting like hit points) I'm disappointed already Unhappy

They didn't really work like this in practice anyway, though. I guess the Hasbro version is more like an action game health bar lol

Mostly it was fun to grab your Beyblade after a battle and see how many clicks it had lost Smile

My biggest qualm is if Bursting is made too rare, then Hasbro Burst begins to lose its differentiation from the earlier generations (especially Plastics). I'll agree with the idea that Beyblades overly sensitive to bursting makes battles seem more determined by chance, but it should still be prominent.

If the Hasbro Beyblades are as resistant to bursting as it appears currently then there should definitely be a separate format imo. Beyond balance concerns, I'm worried about Hasbro tops damaging TT tops in battle since TT tops might not be able to handle layers that don't give as much on hit.

Testing is in order! I suppose one good thing about all this is I'll be getting back in on the ground floor, haha!
I think that, ultimately, awkward colour combinations aside, this is more of a logistical problem for the WBO and the players who play with both brands than it is a design problem, because, on its own, the Hasbro design is no worse than the one from Takara-Tomy. It's really a matter of "with the system differences and part incompatibility, how do we not split the playerbase?" for the WBO, and "on which series do I spend my money now?" for the player.
I know for sure that I do not want to re-buy everything I already purchased in Burst...
(Sep. 01, 2016  4:43 PM)Nocto Wrote: I think that, ultimately, awkward colour combinations aside, this is more of a logistical problem for the WBO and the players who play with both brands than it is a design problem, because, on its own, the Hasbro design is no worse than the one from Takara-Tomy. It's really a matter of "with the system differences and part incompatibility, how do we not split the playerbase?" for the WBO, and "on which series do I spend my money now?" for the player.

Yup, this is actually how I'm viewing it, too. Unfortunately, it's a pretty big logistical problem.
(Sep. 01, 2016  5:02 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Sep. 01, 2016  4:43 PM)Nocto Wrote: I think that, ultimately, awkward colour combinations aside, this is more of a logistical problem for the WBO and the players who play with both brands than it is a design problem, because, on its own, the Hasbro design is no worse than the one from Takara-Tomy. It's really a matter of "with the system differences and part incompatibility, how do we not split the playerbase?" for the WBO, and "on which series do I spend my money now?" for the player.

Yup, this is actually how I'm viewing it, too. Unfortunately, it's a pretty big logistical problem.
Even I am thinking this. I don't know how this would work out. Now I am guessing that should I buy Takara Tomy or wait for the Hasbro to be released here ?
As I am sure There would either be a ban or separate Formats For Hasbro Burst.
I've been gone for awhile and I haven't looked through this entire thread, but despite the obvious problems with compatibility and splitting the fanbase, I can understand why Hasbro would do this. The problem with the teeth was that they could sometimes get worn down and though I have never heard about teeth breaking, it could be a possibility. Hasbro solved this problem, despite creating many more problems. Honestly, I would have liked if TT had gone with slopes like Hasbro did, but that's based just on looks and hypothesis because I have no idea how the slopes will perform. Of course they didn't, so now we have this whole brouhaha.

That's just my two cents.
Well now i know what to buy. Thanks for this update
I'll get my hands on Takara - they have lovely colors
Just when I was hopeful that they wouldn't mess up worse than they did for metal saga... Hasbro cmon! I like the stadium though. Looks like the old plastic gen hasbro stadiums.
Looks like yet again I'm gonna stick with the Takara Tomy models. The build quality looks terrible now that I've seen high quality unboxings of it and even the clear transparent parts of the original models are cloudy with the Hasbro models, and then the colour schemes! What are Hasbro doing? I have no idea.

Then they insist on still calling it "Beyblade Burst" and make it a rare feature. I'm disappointed with Hasbro's models to say the least.
(Sep. 01, 2016  7:16 PM)SOUL- Wrote: Looks like yet again I'm gonna stick with the Takara Tomy models. The build quality looks terrible now that I've seen high quality unboxings of it and even the clear transparent parts of the original models are cloudy with the Hasbro models, and then the colour schemes! What are Hasbro doing? I have no idea.

Then they insist on still calling it "Beyblade Burst" and make it a rare feature. I'm disappointed with Hasbro's models to say the least.

We still don't know exactly how rare bursting is ...

I did notice the clear plastic seemed cloudy though Unhappy
Total verrueckte Sache. Hasbro bringt andere Beys als Takara Tomy? Na, da bin ich mal gespannt, wann sie in Deutschland zu kaufen sein werden.
(Sep. 01, 2016  5:16 PM)Dual Wrote: I've been gone for awhile and I haven't looked through this entire thread, but despite the obvious problems with compatibility and splitting the fanbase, I can understand why Hasbro would do this. The problem with the teeth was that they could sometimes get worn down and though I have never heard about teeth breaking, it could be a possibility. Hasbro solved this problem, despite creating many more problems. Honestly, I would have liked if TT had gone with slopes like Hasbro did, but that's based just on looks and hypothesis because I have no idea how the slopes will perform. Of course they didn't, so now we have this whole brouhaha.

That's just my two cents.

For single layers I can understand the slopes, but dual layers teeth are very durable, perhaps it's beneficial for the drivers durability. What they did horribly wrong was the lack I cross-compatibility, dreadful aesthetics, the weird thin Ripcords, the bad parts names etc. I suppose that that would mean that one purchase choice, whether TT or Hasbro isn't obsolete over the other and it should be taken as a new-ish toyline altogether due to it's lack of cross-compatibility.
Well, the slopes are needed for dual layers to fit on hasbro drivers.
(Sep. 01, 2016  8:05 PM)cosmicstriker Wrote: Well, the slopes are needed for dual layers to fit on hasbro drivers.

Well yeah, obviously. But I mean the idea of using slopes in the first place. The slopes work fine but I would prefer if they just had TT like Drivers and all Dual Layer teeth. As for the wearing issues stuff, let's not forget that all parts wear anyway, and I'm sure rubber tips wear quicker than Dual Layer teeth.
(Sep. 01, 2016  8:03 PM)Jinbee Wrote: For single layers I can understand the slopes, but dual layers teeth are very durable, perhaps it's beneficial for the drivers durability. What they did horribly wrong was the lack I cross-compatibility, dreadful aesthetics, the weird thin Ripcords, the bad parts names etc. I suppose that that would mean that one purchase choice, whether TT or Hasbro isn't obsolete over the other and it should be taken as a new-ish toyline altogether due to it's lack of cross-compatibility.

No teeth system will be as durable as this, ever. Even Xeno Xcalibur's teeth get softened edges. There's also no way to make a system like this without changing the Driver design, so basically breaking compatibility was bound to happen if they changed this mechanism.
I doubt the audience that Hasbro intended Beyblades for will care too much about cross compatibility anyways lol (this audience probably isnt old enough to have teeth yet, so why have them on a top?). I am also not convinced that the slopes will cause less of an issue. Even if it does, friction will wear out the strength of the hold over time. Those slopes will eventually become more rounded and cause slipping more frequently. Baseless speculation? Yes. My point is that literally every system of Beyblade experiences wear. And any toy-line that is similar.

The more that I read about Burst, the more I am starting to believe that this was a good move by Hasbro. I have never touched a Burst top though, so my opinion doesn't really hold much importance.