Hasbro's Beyblade Burst "Energy Layers" have no teeth, "bursting is rare" [UPDATED]

Ah cool, thank you for the explanation, you two. I do not recall Hasbro making so many changes to designs before. All or at least half of the designs are different by now, no? And yet, they are not trying to nerf designs that were 'overpowered', it seems.

Since they perform differently due to that and the different locking mechanism, I am really optimistic that we can simply continue calling Valkyrie that and Valtryek would be something else hah. That way on Beyblade Wiki also we could continue using the original names for the original parts, and the new names for technically the new parts. Drivers and Disks would remain the same despite the bad renaming, and they almost certainly perform identically anyway.
The cloudy plastic really, really sucks. Way to ruin Burst's most aesthetically-pleasing aspect.
(Sep. 02, 2016  2:28 PM)Nocto Wrote: Nepstrius' third wave (painted in red) has a spike instead of a lump.

Odax's difference is better visible if you compare the images on the scale. The shuriken orb has a spike extruding outward where it is smooth on the original Odin.

edit: or listen to Kei.

So they've already sort of redid the design?
(Sep. 02, 2016  2:59 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: The cloudy plastic really, really sucks. Way to ruin Burst's most aesthetically-pleasing aspect.

Yeah. I hope we can get some cool redesigns out of Hasbro's radical changes tho.
Is it just me, or did the page get brainwashed in the last few discussions? Everyone went from panicking about Hasbro's downgrades to hyping them up the second they hear the models don't burst like they were "literally" intended to.
(Sep. 02, 2016  2:59 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: The cloudy plastic really, really sucks. Way to ruin Burst's most aesthetically-pleasing aspect.

Yeah, it's terrible. It makes everything look so dull. That combined with the garish paint and opaque drivers with random numbers imprinted on them for some reason make these really appear low quality.
(Sep. 02, 2016  7:36 PM)SOUL- Wrote: Is it just me, or did the page get brainwashed in the last few discussions? Everyone went from panicking about Hasbro's downgrades to hyping them up the second they hear the models don't burst like they were "literally" intended to.

They do burst. And there's plenty of discussion of what Hasbro got wrong. Who's brainwashed? Hasbro's burst mechanism isn't "a downgrade."
(Sep. 02, 2016  7:54 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Sep. 02, 2016  7:36 PM)SOUL- Wrote: Is it just me, or did the page get brainwashed in the last few discussions? Everyone went from panicking about Hasbro's downgrades to hyping them up the second they hear the models don't burst like they were "literally" intended to.

They do burst. And there's plenty of discussion of what Hasbro got wrong. Who's brainwashed? Hasbro's burst mechanism isn't "a downgrade."

The beyblades went from bursting commonly to rarely with Hasbro's models - while that may seem good for competitive players that didn't like the frequent bursts to begin with, it goes against the main purpose of Beyblade Burst; which will additionally make consistency errors with the anime that shows that they burst more frequently and additionally show all the intended products. Then there's the inaccurate colour schemes, the lower build quality of the beys and unneeded name changes to the parts and the main beyblades themselves.

It just seems odd to me that the earlier pages of the discussion showed disinterest or disgust even in Hasbro's decisions until the "slope" mechanic conveniently made beyblades more competitively viable, hence brainwashing in my opinion
(Sep. 02, 2016  8:06 PM)SOUL- Wrote:
(Sep. 02, 2016  7:54 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:

The beyblades went from bursting commonly to rarely with Hasbro's models - while that may seem good for competitive players that didn't like the frequent bursts to begin with, it goes against the main purpose of Beyblade Burst; which will additionally make consistency errors with the anime that shows that they burst more frequently and additionally show all the intended products. Then there's the inaccurate colour schemes, the lower build quality of the beys and unneeded name changes to the parts and the main beyblades themselves.

It just seems odd to me that the earlier pages of the discussion showed disinterest or disgust even in Hasbro's decisions until the "slope" mechanic conveniently made beyblades more competitively viable, hence brainwashing in my opinion
Or maybe people realized that speculation based on a handful of photos was the wrong way to discuss this?

Almost every complaint is hearsay until things have been tested properly. The only one that isn't is the weird complaint that people have about the colors. They look fine in my opinion, and in fact look sturdier, as the clear plastic on the TT beys make them look cheap. To me clear plastic always feels flimsy. I've never handled either type of burst bey, so I can't really say my thoughts are definitive though. So, like everyone else, I'm eagerly awaiting the full release, so I can play with them myself.

So calm down, just because people want to be hyped about new products doesn't mean there is any "brainwashing" going on.
(Sep. 02, 2016  8:06 PM)SOUL- Wrote: The beyblades went from bursting commonly to rarely with Hasbro's models - while that may seem good for competitive players that didn't like the frequent bursts to begin with, it goes against the main purpose of Beyblade Burst; which will additionally make consistency errors with the anime that shows that they burst more frequently and additionally show all the intended products. Then there's the inaccurate colour schemes, the lower build quality of the beys and unneeded name changes to the parts and the main beyblades themselves.

Pretty much everybody is agains't Hasbro's color and (for the most part) design changes. However, slopes seem like a better idea than teeth. Especially for durability. I don't really think there's any brainwashing going on, just acceptance of the possibility that Hasbro beys might actually be competitively decent.

(Sep. 02, 2016  8:13 PM)Hypnofist Wrote: They look fine in my opinion, and in fact look sturdier, as the clear plastic on the TT beys make them look cheap. To me clear plastic always feels flimsy. I've never handled either type of burst bey, so I can't really say my thoughts are definitive though.

As someone that isn't a fan of sheer amount of clear plastic TT uses I, for the most part, agree.
i hope performance doesn't differ too much from TT's, i really don't want to have to buy everything again.
the only two i definitely will buy are valkyrie and xcalibur (i am not calling them by their hasbro names, because i can't remember them) with valkyrie i won't have to worry about teeth wear, and i'll buy xcalibur for xtreme, as it is not cross compatible with TT.

i really do hope the durability of the layers isn't too much of an issue, as long as they don't dent or break easily, i'm fine with it

if they give chaos a good slope, then chaos will reign supreme.

the blades just don't look good, with the colour scheme and lack of stickers., the only colour i like is the gold and black unite.
Except for the lack of cross-compatibility between brands, I see the Hasbro release as pretty much all positives:

- I'm not a fan of stickers, they wear off and peel
- I like simpler color schemes, generally
- I thought Attack, especially KO Attack, needed a buff; Hasbro made some designs more aggressive
- I thought that most Layers had teeth that were too weak, and that Bursting happened too often, even in matches without Attack
- Gold and black Unite o3o
- Hopefully reduced teeth wear
(Sep. 02, 2016  8:13 PM)Hypnofist Wrote:
(Sep. 02, 2016  8:06 PM)SOUL- Wrote:
(Sep. 02, 2016  7:54 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: They do burst. And there's plenty of discussion of what Hasbro got wrong. Who's brainwashed? Hasbro's burst mechanism isn't "a downgrade."

Or maybe people realized that speculation based on a handful of photos was the wrong way to discuss this?

Almost every complaint is hearsay until things have been tested properly. The only one that isn't is the weird complaint that people have about the colors. They look fine in my opinion, and in fact look sturdier, as the clear plastic on the TT beys make them look cheap. To me clear plastic always feels flimsy. I've never handled either type of burst bey, so I can't really say my thoughts are definitive though. So, like everyone else, I'm eagerly awaiting the full release, so I can play with them myself.

So calm down, just because people want to be hyped about new products doesn't mean there is any "brainwashing" going on.

I'm fine with people hyping up new products, in fact, I'm all for it. For my perspective however I prefer authenticity opposed to models of beyblades that look nothing like the originals to differentiate the TT beys from the Hasbro ones. I'll take a page from Bey Brad's book though and stay cautiously optimistic about Hasbro's approach to things, even if I don't buy a single one of their beyblades
(Sep. 02, 2016  8:39 PM)SOUL- Wrote: I'm fine with people hyping up new products, in fact, I'm all for it. For my perspective however I prefer authenticity opposed to models of beyblades that look nothing like the originals to differentiate the TT beys from the Hasbro ones. I'll take a page from Bey Brad's book though and stay cautiously optimistic about Hasbro's approach to things, even if I don't buy a single one of their beyblades

That's just your personal preference, though. I love Japanese Beyblades too, but the Japanese Burst series has a lot of problems (although it's aesthetically superior to Hasbro's release by a wide margin, to me). While I see a lot of problems with Hasbro's line too, they've made attempts to address some serious design issues.

Also, the "bursting is rare" is just a quote from the guide. They do burst. They burst reasonably often. But we don't know exactly how much less or more they burst versus TT yet.
(Sep. 02, 2016  8:56 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Sep. 02, 2016  8:39 PM)SOUL- Wrote: I'm fine with people hyping up new products, in fact, I'm all for it. For my perspective however I prefer authenticity opposed to models of beyblades that look nothing like the originals to differentiate the TT beys from the Hasbro ones. I'll take a page from Bey Brad's book though and stay cautiously optimistic about Hasbro's approach to things, even if I don't buy a single one of their beyblades

That's just your personal preference, though. I love Japanese Beyblades too, but the Japanese Burst series has a lot of problems (although it's aesthetically superior to Hasbro's release by a wide margin, to me). While I see a lot of problems with Hasbro's line too, they've made attempts to address some serious design issues.

Also, the "bursting is rare" is just a quote from the guide. They do burst. They burst reasonably often. But we don't know exactly how much less or more they burst versus TT yet.

Yeah I understand that it's personal preference and I saw that bursting was rare from one of 1234beyblade's unboxings but for me I'm still not super pleased with Hasbro's choice of colour scheme, name changes, etc. The slopes I'm fine with as long as the metagame isn't massively altered as a result.
The metagame will be massively altered by this release, in one way or another. Isn't that we want in general? The meta isn't great right now.
I'm just gonna run through all the things I liked and disliked about Hasbro's take on Beyblade Burst since I'm currently rather mixed about them. Remember that these are just my opinions so if anyone wants to disagree with me, that's fine so feel free to.

Pros:
• Slopes - Initially, I thought the lack of teeth would lead to bad news but as you may all know, it's quite the opposite actually. Competitively, they actually seem good (if not, better than TT) when it comes to Burst resistance and lack of wearing.
• The Stadium - Okay, I know I'm going to get a lot of flack for saying this but... I actually like the way the stadium looks. Sure it might look wierd but I personally like the way it looks and it seems much better looking than the previous Hasbro stadiums. I've also heard from zankye that the stadium is actually decent so I have my hopes up a little. Say what you will about my opinion on the stadium but I just like it personally.
• Valtryek V2 - I honestly like the way it looks. Whilst the red tattoo isn't the best choice, it works in the end and the solid blue Variable is quite nice as it's very reminiscent to the anime IMO.
• More Aggressive Designs - If what Cake is saying is true then the aggressive designs sound quite cool and if it does succeed in making Attack Types "more buff" then I'm all up for it.
• Launcher Attaching - Whilst this might not be a very useful feature, I think it's cool to be able to attach the launchers together to be able to launch more than one. Not to mention I also kinda like the way the winders look (even if it's not a very strong winder).
• Discs - This might not count as praise but with Hasbro releasing Beyblade Burst, I can stack myself with some more Discs (once they come to the UK of course Tongue_out).

Cons:
• Lack of Cross-Compatibility - It's a shame really because if the Hasbro Layers are as good as people say they are (competitively) then it would be a shame they can't be compatible (although Hasbro Drivers could just be used instead I suppose).
• Asthetics - Remember when I said that I liked the way Valtryek V2 looked? Well... I don't like the rest too much. Spryzen S2 looks passable IMO and I suppose Horusood, Odax and Neptune (totally forgot how to spell the Hasbro name) paint also look decent too. However, the overall way most of them look are kinda terrible. I think Valtryek (in the 2-pack) looks bad with the paints on the wings and Unicrest looks terrible IMO with the usual Hasbro snot green in the centre. It's not the fact that it's painted, it's the fact that they are painted horribly. I honestly like stickers more because even though they peel off, they at least add details and are at least optional. I could get over the foggy clear plastic because that isn't really a problem for me but for how cheap it looks, it just doesn't look like it's finished. Hell, I think even Rapidity Burst looked nicer.
• Boxart - Okay I know this one is a nitpick but I think the boxes look pretty bad. It looks pretty ameteur and it honestly doesn't seem eye-catching either. It's also not helping that in that set zankye recently found, they re-use an image of the two guys blading.

Again, these are just my opinions so if you want to disagree with what I say, feel free to. I'm not asking anyone to agree with me, I'm just expressing my personal thoughts on these.
(Sep. 02, 2016  9:30 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: The metagame will be massively altered by this release, in one way or another. Isn't that we want in general? The meta isn't great right now.

I suppose, like a couple of people have said though, I'm not keen on having to re buy certain beyblades if it means keeping up with the meta
(Sep. 02, 2016  9:30 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: The metagame will be massively altered by this release, in one way or another. Isn't that we want in general? The meta isn't great right now.

Just a quick question, what's wrong with the meta? I haven't been looking into the meta for Burst much since I don't have much of them (only Spiggan and Valkyrie)
(Sep. 02, 2016  9:38 PM)TheBlazingNova Wrote:

Just a quick question, what's wrong with the meta? I haven't been looking into the meta for Burst much since I don't have much of them (only Spiggan and Valkyrie)

Lack of variety among top combos, attack is extremely unreliable.
i doubt it, but what if TT start releasing layers with slopes instead of gears.
^ Possible but I have a hard time imagining they break compatibility with all previous Drivers.
(Sep. 02, 2016  10:38 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: ^ Possible but I have a hard time imagining they break compatibility with all previous Drivers.

I wonder what they'll do in future seasons of Burst. As I'm sure there will be more than one season.
(Sep. 02, 2016  10:38 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: ^ Possible but I have a hard time imagining they break compatibility with all previous Drivers.
TT would probably find a way to make it compatible with the current drivers, it's not impossible
(Sep. 02, 2016  10:47 PM)NEET no Kami Wrote:
TT would probably find a way to make it compatible with the current drivers, it's not impossible

For sure, but it would be pretty frustrating that Hasbro broke compatibility in the first place, in that case haha.