Hasbro's Beyblade Burst "Energy Layers" have no teeth, "bursting is rare" [UPDATED]

I don't care about minor stuff like color changes, reused photo assets, and name changes (well, except using numbers for disks and drivers which sounds awful and confusing), but when I heard about the lack of compatibility with the TT tops, I was extremely bummed out. During MFB, TT players could pick up a couple of Hasbro beyblades for extra tips and easy random booster prizes/limited releases as starters, while Hasbro players could do fairly well for a limited time with just Hasbro releases, but a couple of imports could really boost their competitiveness. So yeah, the Hasbro releases hurt that aspect, but I honestly can't really blame them for improving on the teeth mechanism, which has been a issues with TT releases.

But now, I've kinda gotten over this. I think the new Burst resistant beys will eventually help boost the game for everyone, once people figure out how to incorporate them into tournaments.

I don't know how realistic this is, but I wish TT was able to work with some people from Hasbro on the original Japanese Burst design. The teeth wear, Variable wear, and Victory Valkyrie and Xeno Xcalibur breakage are egregious design problems. It would be ideal and amazing if the TT guys come up with the overall beyblade designs and aesthetics while a couple of Hasbro guys can help fix and inspect durability and breakage issues. I honestly wonder why the slope design wasn't used at the very start?
I just want to share my preliminary experiences which is that generally, Hasbro Beyblades seem to burst about as much or slightly less than the Takara-Tomy equivalent. The true explanation for the "bursting is rare" quote in Hasbro's instruction manual is that their launchers suck.

Yes, using Hasbro's launchers, you will almost never see burst finishes because the launchers are too slow to produce impacts powerful enough to undo the mechanism. These things are worse than the proto launchers, they are bottom-of-the-barrel quality and seemingly intentionally slow.

If that's what it takes for Hasbro to be comfortable with selling exploding spinning tops ... whatever. While some parts that deserved buffs got them (like Spryzen S2, Valtryek, and apparently Roktavor?), some parts got nerfed. Odax is considerably worse than the original Odin.

The new Burst system is awesome. I love it. Takara-Tomy got it wrong, and heck, maybe they were heavily involved with this redesign. But this is the way it should have been from the start. Most parts have more flexible use windows than the Takara-Tomy versions, but few seem overpowered. It's nice to see some parts go from "trash-tier" to "resilient". And I don't think that buffing parts that nobody was using anyway because their teeth made them unusable does anyone any harm.

If there is a major failure of Hasbro's lineup (other than compatibility, which was unfortunately inevitable to improve the burst mechanism) it's the aesthetics. They're really a gigantic step backwards. The foggy plastic looks dusty and dull, and some of the paint choices are incomprehensibly bad. I get that the big blocks of paint are supposed to look cool while spinning, but there's something to be said for display value, too ...

I hope we'll see big improvements in that area.

Oh, and of course, the stadiums and launchers are garbage. I suspect I'll be using the dump-truck yellow stadium more as a parts bin than anything else.
(Sep. 04, 2016  7:56 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: While some parts that deserved buffs got them (like Spryzen S2, Valtryek, and apparently Roktavor?)

Roktavor's getting it's revenge for being bursted on the all the single pack boxes

Roktavenge, if you will Tongue_out
(edit; forgot a thing whoops)
ragnarekt vs. roktavenge
I think Hasbro's burst design is way better than TT's. By design, I don't mean the aesthetics, but the mechanics of the bey. The slide system seems so much better.
(Sep. 04, 2016  8:29 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: ragnarekt vs. roktavenge

Spoiler:
[Image: 30crw46.png]
So I remember someone taking the prongs of hasbro's burst launcher and put it on a Hasbro Mfb launcher. Can you tell me how you did it? This seems very useful. I have one Mfb Hasbro launcher ready to do the mod with once burst comes to the US
(Sep. 04, 2016  8:38 PM)Ryuujin K Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2016  8:29 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: ragnarekt vs. roktavenge

Spoiler:
[Image: 30crw46.png]

Haha, perfect. (My girlfriend also noticed that that's clearly Takara-Tomy's Ragnaruk in that render! Gasp!)
(Sep. 04, 2016  10:02 PM)bigbangpegs Wrote: So I remember someone taking the prongs of hasbro's burst launcher and put it on a Hasbro Mfb launcher. Can you tell me how you did it? This seems very useful. I have one Mfb Hasbro launcher ready to do the mod with once burst comes to the US

I think EnderBlader posted that.
(Sep. 04, 2016  10:06 PM)Real_ilinnuc Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2016  10:02 PM)bigbangpegs Wrote: So I remember someone taking the prongs of hasbro's burst launcher and put it on a Hasbro Mfb launcher. Can you tell me how you did it? This seems very useful. I have one Mfb Hasbro launcher ready to do the mod with once burst comes to the US

K can he tell me?
(Sep. 04, 2016  10:09 PM)bigbangpegs Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2016  10:06 PM)Real_ilinnuc Wrote:

K can he tell me?

You should try asking him. Grin
Okay, there's one part I don't completely understand. It seems that the Hasbro Beyblades are at least slightly less resilient to burst than the TT ones, but how does the slope mechanism provide more resilience than a tooth mechanism? I heard some people say that the Hasbro layers simply slide onto the drivers with no resistance, so how does the slope provide enough resistance to not burst immediately on contact? Is the angle on the slopes that high?
something with friction probably... I didn't get one closely to make a good conclusion. but hasbro probably thought with these slopes reducing the wearing issue we know about the teeth version from TT. and it will probably do better in that sense. but not sure it will less burstable... some have notice that using japanese launchers and rip cord with hasbro beys isn't be less burstable so... hard to get a good conclusion. needing more test I think.
(Sep. 05, 2016  1:31 AM)-Vulcan- Wrote: Okay, there's one part I don't completely understand. It seems that the Hasbro Beyblades are at least slightly less resilient to burst than the TT ones, but how does the slope mechanism provide more resilience than a tooth mechanism? I heard some people say that the Hasbro layers simply slide onto the drivers with no resistance, so how does the slope provide enough resistance to not burst immediately on contact? Is the angle on the slopes that high?

If the spring is pushing up on the slopes and the slope rises to the back, unless the layer is hit onto another level plane or to the point of bursting in one hit, the layer can go back to it's original position.
^ As for the slopes, I'm completely baffled as well. I mean, really. First of all, I'm sure no one knows why; although, I might be wrong. If a Layer would slide that easily into the Disk, it wouldn't make sense if Bursting was rare, right? So my closest guess would be probably the angles of the slope or maybe it's the Driver? (The Driver obviously is in contact with both the Layer and Disk, so maybe it plays a part?)

^ As for loyd87's response, how would plastic provide friction? I mean, it's not a bad guess, but it just doesn't make sense.

Overall, more testing is definitely needed. I hope we'll find the right answer soon. ;_;

^ I agree with earthwolf. I had to understand that visually. xD Took me a minute.
Yes, it's the angles of the slope. Each Energy Layer has a unique slope and each slope has steps where the Layer can settle into place. If the hit isn't hard enough, it's possible for the Layer to revert to its previous position. It's a really cool system.

The Layer's slopes settle deep into the Driver, and the tension of the spring holds the Layer in place. This also means that Hasbro Burst Beys rattle way less than TT ones.
(Sep. 05, 2016  4:19 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Yes, it's the angles of the slope. Each Energy Layer has a unique slope and each slope has steps where the Layer can settle into place. If the hit isn't hard enough, it's possible for the Layer to revert to its previous position. It's a really cool system.

The Layer's slopes settle deep into the Driver, and the tension of the spring holds the Layer in place. This also means that Hasbro Burst Beys rattle way less than TT ones.

Thanks for clearing that up. Makes more sense. Smile

Edit: Oh thank god it rattles less. The rattling gets really annoying at some point.
I was actually making a video that mentioned this, funnily enough. I thought about giving it to Brad for the BeyChannel, but I'm not much of a narrator.

Really interesting video, Nocto. Now I have almost zero reason to purchase any Hasbro Beyblade Burst hah. Although, I am still curious about the way the slope works versus increments...
(Sep. 05, 2016  4:19 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Yes, it's the angles of the slope. Each Energy Layer has a unique slope and each slope has steps where the Layer can settle into place. If the hit isn't hard enough, it's possible for the Layer to revert to its previous position. It's a really cool system.

I am a bit confused. which burst system are you referring to as cool; Takara Tomy's or Hasbro???

Quote: The Layer's slopes settle deep into the Driver, and the tension of the spring holds the Layer in place. This also means that Hasbro Burst Beys rattle way less than TT ones.

While bursting happens less, does this imply that the Hasbro molds are "higher quality" products? No teeth means less plastic degradation and wear. And is no rattling actually a good thing, or is having some wiggle room better?
Very great video Nocto. It´s very informative. Smile
S℅$t Hasbro is so boiring, they dont stand what Beyblade is not Just a children games and what the WBO make the Beyblade game!
kek ^

Honestly guys, we won't know if this is a good thing or not until more people can get their hands on them and do some in depth tests. Just wait it out a little, we'll have our answers in due time. No need to be all "omg hasbro ruined beyblade" for the 18th time.
What perplexes me is why Hasbro didn't simply keep the same dimensions of the TT Drivers and just design the slopes of the Energy Layers around that instead of changing both, that way we could have proper cross compatibility.
Americanbey to Italy?
How much is shipping?