Hasbro's Beyblade Burst "Energy Layers" have no teeth, "bursting is rare" [UPDATED]

(Sep. 01, 2016  4:50 AM)Cake Wrote: Rampant speculation accomplishes nothing. I would strongly advise everyone to stop hopping on the "it's different so it sucks" bandwagon and give Hasbro's release a chance, or at the very least wait for actual tests before jumping to conclusions. The majority of you have not even touched Hasbro Burst yet, so just calm down and wait for actual statistically valid facts to base your panic on.

It's not that it's bad because it's different but so far, they're doing those differently things wrong from what I've seen.
So I managed to get TT drivers on my layers fairly easily, though I still had to put force... And I gotta say it's the best thing EVER... It literally doesn't budge, it's a dream come true, they will never burst.
Well doesn't that ruin the point of Burst? Also, is it legal to put them together? Like you said you needed a bit of force in it.
(Sep. 01, 2016  5:11 AM)1234beyblade Wrote: So I managed to get TT drivers on my layers fairly easily, though I still had to put force... And I gotta say it's the best thing EVER... It literally doesn't budge, it's a dream come true, they will never burst.

I wonder if TRU would allow this in there official tourneys, If they do then this is amazing.
(Sep. 01, 2016  5:17 AM){YT}EnderBlader Wrote:
(Sep. 01, 2016  5:11 AM)1234beyblade Wrote: So I managed to get TT drivers on my layers fairly easily, though I still had to put force... And I gotta say it's the best thing EVER... It literally doesn't budge, it's a dream come true, they will never burst.

I wonder if TRU would allow this in there official tourneys, If they do then this is amazing.

But, we don't even know if there's going to be official tourneys tho...
(Sep. 01, 2016  5:17 AM)Jinbee Wrote: Well doesn't that ruin the point of Burst? Also, is it legal to put them together? Like you said you needed a bit of force in it.

We haven't made any decisions on the legality of these parts yet.
(Sep. 01, 2016  5:23 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Sep. 01, 2016  5:17 AM)Jinbee Wrote: Well doesn't that ruin the point of Burst? Also, is it legal to put them together? Like you said you needed a bit of force in it.

Want me to start a thread on that?
(Sep. 01, 2016  5:24 AM)bigbangpegs Wrote:
(Sep. 01, 2016  5:23 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:

Well, we haven't even had the chance to really check the parts out at all ... we'll start a thread on it when we're ready.
(Sep. 01, 2016  5:17 AM){YT}EnderBlader Wrote:

Takara imports were banned in MFB TRU tournaments, so mixing parts is almost certainly not legal. I doubt anyone would notice the difference, but it would obviously be cheating and absolutely should not be done if the parts jam up so well.
(Sep. 01, 2016  5:24 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Sep. 01, 2016  5:24 AM)bigbangpegs Wrote:
(Sep. 01, 2016  5:23 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: We haven't made any decisions on the legality of these parts yet.

Well, we haven't even had the chance to really check the parts out at all ... we'll start a thread on it when we're ready.

K.

BTW can anyone who has one plz tell us how the burst gimmick for the Hasbro ones work possibly with pics?
The WBO will have video coming within the next few days going over the new releases.
(Sep. 01, 2016  5:33 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: The WBO will have video coming within the next few days going over the new releases.

Alright. And I'm sure our other trusty top beytuber members/affiliates like illinuc , jojo, zankye and the BeyBladeGeeks will make some too. Smile
BBG will probably get a video up before anyone, yeah. LOL
(Sep. 01, 2016  5:39 AM)bigbangpegs Wrote:
(Sep. 01, 2016  5:33 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: The WBO will have video coming within the next few days going over the new releases.

Alright. And I'm sure our other trusty top beytuber members/affiliates like illinuc , jojo, zankye and the BeyBladeGeeks will make some too. Smile

I live in Southern California so I am no where near any Hasbro Beys lol. But I did win zankye's livestream giveaway so there's that Joyful_3
Could we change the picture on the first post, to one of Nocto's? It's way clearer.

(Sep. 01, 2016  5:41 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: BBG will probably get a video up before anyone, yeah. LOL

Those dang Geeks. I really hope I'm not too late to the party.
I updated the pic in the OP to Nocto's.
lol at everyone going crazy and assuming it's all horrible

I think it looks really neat, can't wait to see more information and photos on the drivers. The colour for Spryzen 2 is nice also.
This is all just confusing to me. I'm not angry or happy, I'm interested for sure, but overall just confused. I want to see how this goes before I buy anything else now, cause if the hasbro system is fine us Aussies are probably gona have to restrict our tournaments to fit what ever hasbro format comes out of this if it does end up being its own format. Can't wait for more news, good or bad, cause that's gona be the deciding factor on what I buy.

At least I don't have to buy beyblades for several more months and focus more on other things for a bit.

Am worried about the stadiums though, cause that diagram in the instruction booklet looks terrible.
Examining the drivers from Nocto's pictures and comparing them with my drivers, it appears to me that the little nubs on the Hasbro drivers don't protrude out as much as TakaraTomy's. Now, my drivers are practically new, and if what 1234beyblade is saying is true(about him screwing on the drivers easily), maybe the TakaraTomy drivers just need to have their nubs worn down to fit better.
Frankly, I'm surprised Hasbro screwed the pooch and babied Burst. What I am surprised about, is that they bothered keeping "Burst" in the name. Time and time again they bastardize their localization of various Japanese toys so it shouldn't shock anyone that they aren't giving this reboot any justice.

Since they put less marketing than they did for Yokai Watch in this, I doubt it will last more than a year. What I do find interesting is that they've started out a Canadian Exclusive although we do have less major cities. TRU exclusivity is a bad sign however, it could easily mean that other retailers have no faith in the product.

After collecting Transformers since I was in the crib and watching the slow decay of Hasbro's quality control while the prices soared I realized what an awful company they are.

Who else is looking forward to Beywheelz 2 though?

My condolences, I was hyped too.
if they are slightly harder to burst, but not super broken, then i'm very interested especially for layers like spriggan, and S2, W2, essentially any layer that has been very easy to burst.

will wait for videos and testing to see if i should buy these.

biggest disappointment is V2 not being reinforced.
(Sep. 01, 2016  1:32 PM)NEET no Kami Wrote: if they are slightly harder to burst, but not super broken, then i'm very interested especially for layers like spriggan, and S2, W2, essentially any layer that has been very easy to burst.

But the diff. Material and the structure of the layer underside may make up for it, you never know
(Sep. 01, 2016  1:32 PM)NEET no Kami Wrote: if they are slightly harder to burst, but not super broken, then i'm very interested especially for layers like spriggan, and S2, W2, essentially any layer that has been very easy to burst.

Stick with Takara.

Have people already forgotten what Hasbro did to Metal Fury? XTS, Beywheels, Beywarriors and how they handled Shogun Steel?
(Sep. 01, 2016  12:11 PM)SavatoEX Wrote: Frankly, I'm surprised Hasbro screwed the pooch and babied Burst. What I am surprised about, is that they bothered keeping "Burst" in the name. Time and time again they bastardize their localization of various Japanese toys so it shouldn't shock anyone that they aren't giving this reboot any justice.

Since they put less marketing than they did for Yokai Watch in this, I doubt it will last more than a year. What I do find interesting is that they've started out a Canadian Exclusive although we do have less major cities. TRU exclusivity is a bad sign however, it could easily mean that other retailers have no faith in the product.

After collecting Transformers since I was in the crib and watching the slow decay of Hasbro's quality control while the prices soared I realized what an awful company they are.

Who else is looking forward to Beywheelz 2 though?

My condolences, I was hyped too.

"More durable burst mechanism and less 'random' bursting in battles" is exactly what a ton of people said they wanted, right?

Now that Hasbro actually follows through and delivers such a system, everyone seems very willing to trash it without having touched it.

Unfortunately, changing the way the burst mechanism works also means breaking compatibility with Takara-Tomy parts, but it would've been difficult to avoid this outcome. I suspect Hasbro was very anxious about the durability concerns from the Japanese line and this was the result. They might have over-compensated and made a mechanism too resilient to bursting, but exactly what's changed in terms of gameplay isn't clear.

Keeping expectations low with Hasbro stuff is generally advisable but in this case, Hasbro's Burst mechanism seems like a smarter design than Takara-Tomy's.
I guess I am late here but really great to know that Hasbro Burst is Exclusively Released at Toys R US Canada.
I Kinda really like the Launcher actually and Valtryek V2.
I am looking forward to the Hasbro mechanism of Burst and what makes it more interesting that it has no teeth hah.
The Month of September is really really gonna be very Exciting and Interesting.

Thanks for all the News !

Cheers !!!
Burst.