Gundam Models

These past two weeks I got a HG Wing Gundam Zero Honoo and a Transient Gundam. Smile
(Jan. 15, 2016  1:17 PM)xVaretyr Wrote: These past two weeks I got a HG Wing Gundam Zero Honoo and a Transient Gundam. Smile

I've got a HG Wing Zero Honoo in my backlog! Certainly is a sick looking Wing variant.
Also have some Iron-Blooded Orphans kits in the backlog, along with an RG Astray Red Frame.
Woah didn't even know this was here. I built the SD Musha Victory Gundam a couple o weeks ago
(Jan. 20, 2016  1:20 AM)Manicben Wrote:
(Jan. 15, 2016  1:17 PM)xVaretyr Wrote: These past two weeks I got a HG Wing Gundam Zero Honoo and a Transient Gundam. Smile

I've got a HG Wing Zero Honoo in my backlog! Certainly is a sick looking Wing variant.
Also have some Iron-Blooded Orphans kits in the backlog, along with an RG Astray Red Frame.

My backlog keeps getting bigger, I have every single IBO high grade in there since hyakuren haha
So as @[Kai-V] said, me and the V build gundam kits pretty often. Our latest is the MG RX-93 Nu Gundam Ver. Ka, which had been on our wishlist for quite a while! Applying water decals for the first time was much easier than anticipated. However, assembling all the fin funnels on only one side as you're supposed to is pretty much impossible Unhappy Even with this engineering default, the Gundam looks damn impressive. Some pics (some decals still missing because we ran out of top coat):

[Image: 37rnZ94.jpg]
[Image: SYiOdUz.jpg]
[Image: V7Scnab.jpg]
[Image: ulq6e6z.jpg]

Bonus picture with another MG for scale (It's HUGE compared to the puny MG Exia, even when you remove the fin funnels):
[Image: MgbMGUR.jpg]
Ah damn, the awesome bazooka is missing from the photographs hah.
That Nu is looking very slick, definitely one of my favorite Katoki redesigns. Building those funnels must have been really tedious, hahaha.
Naaah, really easy and quick actually! But they don't attach really well, flop around, and are impossible to assemble on one side.
Well, easy and quick when you are two at it. When I started doing it alone, the prospect of again mass cutting the same pieces and making the same assemblies was really not bright hah ...
Another Gundam (RG Strike Freedom) which we had done a few months ago:

[Image: NxSyWUd.jpg]
Absolutely siiiiiiiick. Now THAT was tedious to build. Only the wings themselves took like 6 hours to do. The building process was absolute hell, but it was all worth it in the end.
(Jan. 20, 2016  4:37 AM)One-Launch Man Wrote: Another Gundam (RG Strike Freedom) which we had done a few months ago:

[Image: NxSyWUd.jpg]
Absolutely siiiiiiiick. Now THAT was tedious to build. Only the wings themselves took like 6 hours to do. The building process was absolute hell, but it was all worth it in the end.

Real Grades in general are the literally definition of tedious. Lots of small, somewhat breakable plastic haha.

I think that's the first time I can say I really really like the look of the strike freedom, nice job dude!
How can you not like all the looks of Strike Freedom.

All the Gundams I buy have something big, or many things, in their back hah. I cannot settle for something too simple.
I used to be a big fan of it, but I started getting a taste for simpler designs like the Mk. 2 gundam and the ground type gundam.

I guess I'm kind of boring? Lol
Oh my those wings <3

Right now I only have the MK-II and Z Gundam miniatures, this thread is making me envious Tongue_out

I can see myself tapping out after 2 hours on those wings though, haha.
Oh god, that Strike's soooo gorgeous! Great work.

I just bought an HG Kamiki Burning Gundam. I haven't assembled any kit yet so I got 3 kits in my backlog. Haha.
(Jan. 20, 2016  2:03 PM)xVaretyr Wrote: Oh god, that Strike's soooo gorgeous! Great work.

I just bought an HG Kamiki Burning Gundam. I haven't assembled any kit yet so I got 3 kits in my backlog. Haha.

Yeah, my backlog keeps expanding because it's too cold to do any top coating, so I just keep buying kits and just never build them till like, 5 months after the fact.
(Jan. 21, 2016  12:43 AM)Shirayuki Wrote:
(Jan. 20, 2016  2:03 PM)xVaretyr Wrote: Oh god, that Strike's soooo gorgeous! Great work.

Yeah, my backlog keeps expanding because it's too cold to do any top coating, so I just keep buying kits and just never build them till like, 5 months after the fact.

Ahh, I don't have the knowledge regarding customizing using paint and others, I just want to experience assembling them. After which I'll definitely get into customizing like you guys. Smile

5 months? You can hold it in that long? Haha!
Don't know where else to put this but Iron Blooded orphans season 2 confirmed Supaburn Supaburn Supaburn

I really liked the designs from this show in particular, and I sort of assumed that we were getting a second season based on how the pace of the show right now.
(Jan. 23, 2016  7:59 PM)Shirayuki Wrote: Don't know where else to put this but Iron Blooded orphans season 2 confirmed Supaburn Supaburn Supaburn

I really liked the designs from this show in particular, and I sort of assumed that we were getting a second season based on how the pace of the show right now.

Darn it! I really wanted GBF Season 3! *hopes season 3 of GBF comes after season 2 of IBO*
(Jan. 23, 2016  8:03 PM)Jetsnake1 Wrote:
(Jan. 23, 2016  7:59 PM)Shirayuki Wrote: Don't know where else to put this but Iron Blooded orphans season 2 confirmed Supaburn Supaburn Supaburn

Darn it! I really wanted GBF Season 3! *hopes season 3 of GBF comes after season 2 of IBO*

If anything, GBF 3 could always run alongside the main series, like how Try ran along with G-Reco
Is IBO good? The only Gundam animes I've watched are bits of Seed and I'm currently watching BF. Try's next.
Sure it's good, pretty gruesome though IMO
(Jan. 24, 2016  3:56 PM)xVaretyr Wrote: Is IBO good? The only Gundam animes I've watched are bits of Seed and I'm currently watching BF. Try's next.

IBO is pretty good but it's SLOW. A lot of it is character interactions, which I sort of guess is the point of Gundam, but it's still seems super slow in the episodes that are out currently.

If anything, I'd start with the UC Trilogy + CCA.
I see! I've observed that IBO Gunpla are cheaper than other series..
(Jan. 25, 2016  5:49 AM)Shirayuki Wrote:
(Jan. 24, 2016  3:56 PM)xVaretyr Wrote: Is IBO good? The only Gundam animes I've watched are bits of Seed and I'm currently watching BF. Try's next.

IBO is pretty good but it's SLOW. A lot of it is character interactions, which I sort of guess is the point of Gundam, but it's still seems super slow in the episodes that are out currently.

If anything, I'd start with the UC Trilogy + CCA.

Have you seen episode 16? So sad

Anyway, I'm thinking of showing my Musha Victory GUNDAM. Just need to stop being lazy.....