Gundam Models

It's a nice looking gundam but that grade of model means that there will no proper mobility so you won't be able to do poses like you would be able do to with the High Grade version. The legs are one solid piece on that and all other AG (advanced grade) gundam models.
It won't look anything like the pictures because it will need a lot of paint.
No, it's Advanced Grade, the parts are in color, I think. If you really need to, get tamiya paint an thinner. Don't forget the topcoat either.
(Aug. 03, 2012  5:09 PM)Shirayuki Wrote: No, it's Advanced Grade, the parts are in color, I think. If you really need to, get tamiya paint an thinner. Don't forget the topcoat either.

Yes, the parts are in colour; but many of the smaller details will be molded in the predominate colour of the part. This is what Ultra alluded to when he said that the legs are a solid piece.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut14eWw5l7Q

In fairness, the AGE-2 Normal is one of the better Advanced Grades to be honest.
SG295 MS Build 1:100 00 Gundam GN-0000 Conversion Kit (MG 00 Gundam Frame)

Hey..does anyone knows what does this thing consists of? Are the weapons included in the conversion kit..i lost one tiny thing of my gn sword blaster.. T.T
So i need to replace those thing...but i o ly will buy it once im sure about this thing..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251118921929?ssP...2930wt_812
I wanna get into gundam since i saw G gundam so um are there any monster looking gundams out there? If so what should i get?
Not really (they're robots so they're generally designed to be humanoidish) however the enemy High Grade kits from Gundam Age are more monster looking that most others I guess.
The most monstrous designs are all from the Universal Century lines, actually. Most of the unique Titans MS are fairly out there. Hrairoo, Byalant, Baund Doc, etc.
Oh I haven't really watched Zeta or Double Zeta so I don't know much about those.
are these models easy to build...um cause i got really big hands XD so id want to build them without breaking them...is nobel gundam berserker mode good? She looks kinda cute for a gundam
The difficulty of individual kits varies by grade, age, and specific attributes. FG kits are the best way to start, then SD(if you feel like it), then HG, then No Grade 1/100 scales, then RG, then MG, and so forth. You should not ever have any opportunity to break any model kit worth a damn while building it; you should always use nippers to clip parts from runners.

Whatever model you want to build is fine... but, a lot of the considerably older kits(like the original G Gundam kits) are poor quality No Grade kits with archaic construction and weird internal structure.
(Oct. 20, 2012  7:05 AM)Hazel Wrote: The difficulty of individual kits varies by grade, age, and specific attributes. FG kits are the best way to start, then SD(if you feel like it), then HG, then No Grade 1/100 scales, then RG, then MG, and so forth. You should not ever have any opportunity to break any model kit worth a damn while building it; you should always use nippers to clip parts from runners.

Whatever model you want to build is fine... but, a lot of the considerably older kits(like the original G Gundam kits) are poor quality No Grade kits with archaic construction and weird internal structure.

Ok ok I see thanks OH do most stores Sell nippers? Sorry if its a dumb question it's just all kinda new.
for me..there is no need to get bandai or good brand nipper..haha..just get one that is durable enough...every hardware store should have them...

well..ordered (pre order) an aegis master grade..haha..i had waited for a long time for this model to be released..honestly..the shape shifting into the crab laser beam thing is just nice..hahah
I think i'm gonna begin with SD Wing gundam EW it looks kinda cute and be a great start oh and also gundam markers what are the pros and cons with them? Also thanks to everyone for answering many needed questions.
gundam markers..i can never use them well wnough...but try getting brush...instead using the tip of the marker..try extracting the paint from marker and put it in a small bottle...use brush...
because if you are using the marker's tip...at time, the paint that come out is little,but at times it is too much...
also..for painting..use musking tape.. Eee

i would suggest real grade for more aesthetic value and self satisfaction...it wont be that hard, just follow the steps and dont rush on doing it..check the diagram and numbers carefully...then..it wont be any problem..hahah
Im thinking about getting a 1/144 kit im kinda torn between gundams but the main question is...is glue required? I know nippers,tweezers and a craftsman knife will be needed but will glue be nessicary? Also which would be better to get?

the Danazine?
Death scythe hell?
or wing gundam EW SD?
Depends on what you're gonna do. You want to paint it? And make it look realistic? Then you'll glue or something similar (there is a proper modelling name but I can't remember it right now) for the legs and other parts and then sand them to get rid of the seam lines (not really but if you do it well enough when you paint it will look like one surface). However if you just want to put it together glue isn't necessary. The pegs in the parts fit together very well so there's no point.
(Oct. 29, 2012  10:56 AM)Ultra Wrote: Depends on what you're gonna do. You want to paint it? And make it look realistic? Then you'll glue or something similar (there is a proper modelling name but I can't remember it right now) for the legs and other parts and then sand them to get rid of the seam lines (not really but if you do it well enough when you paint it will look like one surface). However if you just want to put it together glue isn't necessary. The pegs in the parts fit together very well so there's no point.

so in other words they snap together also the only thing i'm gonna do is model it take photos and maybe one day use it for stop motion as long as it looks good i won't over complicate it. but hey thanks for the advice but um yeah so many to choose and so many to buy and yet i feel like if i get one i'll break it D:
I guess i'm reviving this since my interest is returning after having purchased a RG Zaku II on ebay. Anyone else still like these? One thing i'm very happy about is that they're finally releasing a MG 1/100 Tallgeese this month! Finally. Only took forever for them to release one of the coolest MS' from Gundam Wing.
^ hehe, still working slowly on my RG RX-78-2. Also got some 1/144 MS Figures for my hangar setup.
But exams and school really do take a lot out of life... XD
That kit is too expensive for me to consider buying atm. Shame since it looks awesome.
(Jan. 15, 2013  7:35 PM)Manicben Wrote: ^ hehe, still working slowly on my RG RX-78-2. Also got some 1/144 MS Figures for my hangar setup.
But exams and school really do take a lot out of life... XD

You painting it then?