Gundam Models

^ Agreed with the money and space. Hey, I've got a tiny 2x2 metre room. Only space I've got for models in my room is on my desk, and even that has little space! One day, I'll devote a whole room of my future house to my hobbies, and include a worktable complete with tool spaces and a large cutting mat. Ha, it would be awesome to go in and look at a shelf personalised to look like a huge gundam hangar. And the MSG mechanical chain base is the thing for the job! Will post pics once I get it done, along with my other kits.
One day ill swear to improve the look of my old Zoids, but thats one for another topic.

(Jun. 11, 2012  10:00 PM)Manicben Wrote: ^ Agreed with the money and space. Hey, I've got a tiny 2x2 metre room. Only space I've got for models in my room is on my desk, and even that has little space! One day, I'll devote a whole room of my future house to my hobbies, and include a worktable complete with tool spaces and a large cutting mat. Ha, it would be awesome to go in and look at a shelf personalised to look like a huge gundam hangar. And the MSG mechanical chain base is the thing for the job! Will post pics once I get it done, along with my other kits.
One day ill swear to improve the look of my old Zoids, but thats one for another topic.

I have a buddy in the Zoids community who is doing that exact thing for all of his hobbying needs, Gundams and all...and his family encourages him in a healthy way, which is perfect

If that post of yours had a "like button" feature, every single hobby enthusiast on the WBO would press it... guaranteed.

My room is rather small as well..only like 11 feet by 12 feet...and it has only one cramped shelf space for all my stuff =( Plus, all my posters and wallscrolls got taken down after I repainted my room, and I haven't even bothered to put them back up for years now...my room feels almost souless now =(
Been watching SEED Destiny lately and thus I've decided to get some Destiny HG kits.
Force Impulse, Freedom, all those awesome suits.

But honestly, what I really wanna get is the METEOR unit that the Freedom and Justice use.
And apparently it's HUGE! Sadly, the set is more expensive than a MG kit... Shame really...

Well, for now, time to work on my RG RX-78 Gundam. Ive only completed one foot so far...
When I have some money i'm gonna try and get back into Gundam models. Also i'm not really a fan of AGE models but this looks sick:

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN976492
(Jun. 12, 2012  3:44 PM)Ultra Wrote: When I have some money i'm gonna try and get back into Gundam models. Also i'm not really a fan of AGE models but this looks sick:

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN976492

Not a bad choice. A pirate makeover of the AGE-2 Normal. Heres a video review
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1V85-J4sEs4&feature=plcp
As you can see, you will have to paint a lot of it yourself. Very limited colours.
In the video, it also shows how you can mod it to be transformable. Sadly, AGs were not meant to transform...
In fact, I was thinking either this kit or the AGE-2 Normal, due to the ridiculously cheap price. Ha, but in order for it to actually look good, it would take some paint, which I do not really look forward to. Well, I will give painting a try someday.
Just found out that the next RG release is the Justice. I'm pleased and quite tempted to buy it, but I hope that they do Wing Gundam or Wing Zero as a RG release sometime soon. Also happy to see that the Duel and the Blitz(well soon to be) have been released in Master Grade.
Hm, well the RG series can be slightly unpredictable.
After going throught the usual Rx-78 and Char's Zaku II, etc. they went for Gundam SEED, which was surprising
and then they went back to Zeta. Strange course for a new line. Who knows, we could have the ZZ Gundam
or 00 Gundam series coming up. Hard to tell, but I do hope the RG line includes Wing and OO gundam.
Watching G Gundam, and it sure is much different to your standard gundam series...
I want RG Turn-A. I thought they were following the MG line
If they were going to doing do anything related to Turn A they should release some kits in HG. A large number weren't released at all. That said from the ones that were released only this one interests me:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10011138

Well, my HG Force Impulse arrived today, and first thoughts were
Oh no, this bugger is gonna need a LOT of painting...
The V-Fin is completely yellow! Even SD kits do better...

Also got my TT Hongli ripoffs of the Kotobukiya Mechanical Chain Base sets 001-006
The thing itself is great and now my gundams have somewhere to live. However, as it is made by TT hongli
the pieces have some slightly annoying errors. The runner parts are fine and have a better quality than I expected
but the wall and floor have errors galore. Stress marks, some plastic not properly molded, etc. Most of it is unnoticable, but some work still had to be done. It certainly is 15+ as it has sharp edges all over the floor part...
Probably upload a video review of it. Now time to go paint and marker shopping
I've only bought one kit from the Seed HG series which is the that series' version of Gouf. It needed a lot of paint too.
Well heres all the MG I have for now.Some of them are applied with decals and has highlighted panel lines tho none of them is painted.
Yes i am a HUGE Gundam Wing fan.(since its the first series that i watched)

Wing Gundam EW
Gundam Deathscythe Hell EW
Gundam Sandrock EW
Gundam Heavyarms EW
Shenlong Gundam EW
Awesome. Gundam Wing is the only season I watched, so I have great memories of those Gundams.
I've been through a lot of Gundam series, sadly, Wing wasn't one of them. I do plan to watch all of em though!
IMO SEED is the best out of the ones I've watched. Really wanna finish G Gundam and get onto Wing then 00.

Can't believe you actually gonna bother finishing G Gundam. It has the worst rep ever from Gundam fans. I'd never watch it. I've never had any interest in seeing 00 due to not liking the designs but Wing is tied with Seed and Seed Destiny for my favourite gundam series. For anyone who wants to join up here's a gundam forum I now frequent under the same name as on here:

http://www.gundamforums.com/forum.php
Ironicly, I was just recently looking for a Gundam forum to become a member of, that just might be the one. Thanks Ultra. Grin

I have had alot of issues with getting my HG Gundam Deathscythe-H's scythe to stay in its hands. Any one else ever had this issue?
(Jul. 02, 2012  10:11 PM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: Ironicly, I was just recently looking for a Gundam forum to become a member of, that just might be the one. Thanks Ultra. Grin

I have had alot of issues with getting my HG Gundam Deathscythe-H's scythe to stay in its hands. Any one else ever had this issue?

Thats a pretty old kit and kits back in those days had no pegs on their hands so pretty much everything around that era will have trouble holding its weaponary.If you have a drill you can drill a hole on both weapon and hand and connect it with a paper clip particle.I think thats one of the major solutions.
Personally, I admire the Endless Waltz HG series; I like the uniqueness of the 1/100 scale despite it being an HG rather than an MG.

Thanks Brood. I would rather not damage the kit though. For now, I keep the scythe safe with my spare parts for my Zoids and Gundams so that I don't lose it.
Ultra
I am starting to see why it has a bad reputation among fans. Im bored of it already...
Might go on to 00 now and finish it quickly while moving on to Wing. Should be fun.

Thanks for the forum suggestion. Looks good. Finished most of my chain bases from Kotobukiya, and painted one.
Looks awesome IMO, but I did scratch the paint while brush painting elsewhere... I will post a pic this time.
I think you should watch Gundam AGE. As uninterested as I was at first I think it's now one of my favourite gundam series. Never a dull moment and having three generations of the same family pilot three different gundams is refreshing. I'm currently doing the seam lines on my Hy-gogg and then i'm gonna get some paint for it. The forum is good but it seems not a lot happens as I made clear in this thread:

http://www.gundamforums.com/showthread.p...ring-forum

If you guys want to look at people's finished models then I found a site with over a 100 pages of threads with finished gunpla.
Getting 1/100 NG dynames and Exia.
Hmm, would disagree about G Gundam. Although I've never sat down and watched it myself, I've read a lot of people saying that it's an entertaining series for what is a largely experimental direction for the franchise. I'd argue that more people online (however representational that may be) think SEED Destiny is worse. I absolutely love the designs from Destiny, but the storyline was pretty shoddy.

Really want to marathon AGE since the designs are pretty cool as well and the storyline seems very interesting, but not all the episodes are out yet.
I just realized I used irony incorrectly 2 posts ago here...

Anyway, I am building 00 tomarrow. Hopefuly I dont lose/break pieces like I did with that variant of the same Gundam (shield only on one side, saber on the other. sheild is retractable and movable)
(Jul. 10, 2012  1:54 AM)Serotonin Wrote: Hmm, would disagree about G Gundam. Although I've never sat down and watched it myself, I've read a lot of people saying that it's an entertaining series for what is a largely experimental direction for the franchise. I'd argue that more people online (however representational that may be) think SEED Destiny is worse. I absolutely love the designs from Destiny, but the storyline was pretty shoddy.

Really want to marathon AGE since the designs are pretty cool as well and the storyline seems very interesting, but not all the episodes are out yet.

Once they all come out you should definitely try AGE. It's awesome. I'm annoyed now that I have to wait a while for the last 11 episodes though.
Hey hey! More AGE lovers!
Yeah I've already watched all current AGE episodes. Bloody amazing series so far and the storyline is very well done. The suit designs are good too.