Going Away/Coming Back Topic

(Oct. 28, 2015  5:34 AM)Tri Wrote: If there is ant place that I have felt actual support for my state of mind, it has been the WBO. I don't take real life as seriously as I should as a consequence of putting so much effort into a message board. This is my place. I don't know where my life would be without the WBO and the people I've met. Probably not a good place.

As much as I regret my post before, at least you guys know a bit more about how I feel. I sound like a crazy person, but i guess that's just who I am. I probably won't continue my goals on here at risk of this happening again, but I'm sticking around. I'll be online a lot.

Again, thanks everyone. You are some of the greatest people I know.

I, for one, don't think you are crazy at all. I have struggled with similar issues in my life and I am sure a great number of people here have too. You seem like a good dude with a good heart and, at the end of the day, that's all that really matters in most people's books, so try to focus on that when you feel socially anxious. If someone looks down on you for some stupid reason then that is their mistake, their flaw, their loss, not yours. I am glad you decided to stay. The community will be better for it I am sure
(Oct. 28, 2015  5:34 AM)Tri Wrote: If there is ant place that I have felt actual support for my state of mind, it has been the WBO. I don't take real life as seriously as I should as a consequence of putting so much effort into a message board. This is my place. I don't know where my life would be without the WBO and the people I've met. Probably not a good place.

As much as I regret my post before, at least you guys know a bit more about how I feel. I sound like a crazy person, but i guess that's just who I am. I probably won't continue my goals on here at risk of this happening again, but I'm sticking around. I'll be online a lot.

Again, thanks everyone. You are some of the greatest people I know.

Isn´t that what a real community is there for? Smile

Oh Tri, I´m so happy about your change of mind. This isn´t crazy at all but a great thing, because you don´t want to let go of us just as much as we don´t want you to leave. Joyful_3 So just continue having a nice time here. We´ll do as much as we can to help you with that. Cute

If there´s anything an old lady like me can do for you, even if it´s just babbling about whatever, don´t be shy and shoot me a pm right away. Wink
Hey Cake and Tri, I've always loved your stuff. Enjoyed testing the limited stuff w you a lot Cake. Ive always enjoyed Tri's insights too. Just so you guys know Wyatt V2 has been busting out the beys recently again. So it wouldn't be completely out of the question if we get back into a tournament again. We also have our passports as we're going to the Caribbean in 3 weeks, but thought hey what about Toronto over Memorial Weekend next year. We'll see where this goes but looks promising that you'll hear from us some more again.
Hey guys, I'm probably going to contribute very less meaning I'm not going to post anymore (for now). I may check this forum once in a while but in short, I'm mostly leaving because:
1. I felt that I was a ghost to everyone and even when I asked a question, people seemingly ignored me so I see no reason to post as I'm always ignored period.
2. I've been kinda depressed lately with real life stuff and I don't want people to get involved so I need some space.

On the bright side, at least you guys have more space and I won't be bothering you all again so I'll see you later for now...
(Nov. 02, 2015  2:30 AM)Momohimi Wrote: Hey guys, I'm probably going to contribute very less meaning I'm not going to post anymore (for now). I may check this forum once in a while but in short, I'm mostly leaving because:
1. I felt that I was a ghost to everyone and even when I asked a question, people seemingly ignored me so I see no reason to post as I'm always ignored period.
2. I've been kinda depressed lately with real life stuff and I don't want people to get involved so I need some space.

On the bright side, at least you guys have more space and I won't be bothering you all again so I'll see you later for now...

I was going to answer your burst list question, but I've been really busy today, so sorry about that.. And also, if you ever need to talk to somebody, I'm here for you, whether it's real life stuff or questions.

Please don't leave, you are fun person to have here.

@[Momohimi]
(Nov. 02, 2015  2:39 AM)Hato Wrote:
(Nov. 02, 2015  2:30 AM)Momohimi Wrote: Hey guys, I'm probably going to contribute very less meaning I'm not going to post anymore (for now). I may check this forum once in a while but in short, I'm mostly leaving because:

I was going to answer your burst list question, but I've been really busy today, so sorry about that.. And also, if you ever need to talk to somebody, I'm here for you, whether it's real life stuff or questions.

Please don't leave, you are fun person to have here.

@[Momohimi]

@[Hato]
It's fine, you didn't need to answer it. I just wanted someone to acknowledge it, but it's not really anyone's fault. Besides, it's not the only reason for my temp leave. I've had personal issues outside of the WBO in which I need to deal with myself.

I'll be back but I nned to deal with my personal issues and maybe go to a therapist.
We've already talked about it with Sion, we can't always answer to every single message, and leaving the forum is definitely not the right way to make things better. Every single member is important, we've already lost a lot of valuable members recently... (By the way, I don't blame anybody if they choose to leave, it's their right)
(Nov. 02, 2015  2:48 AM)MissingNo. Wrote: We've already talked about it with Sion, we can't always answer to every single message, and leaving the forum is definitely not the right way to make things better. Every single member is important, we've already lost a lot of valuable members recently... (By the way, I don't blame anybody if they choose to leave, it's their right)

@[MissingNo.]

I know and like I said, it's not the major reason I'm leaving, only partially. If you looked at my posts, they have all been shoved out of the way for much popular members.

I would like to address my main reason for leaving is my persoanl issues (which I will not talk about).
I encourage anyone to take time away from the WBO as their personal needs might require. Best of luck with everything.

That said, I'm frequently surprised by the amount of posts that basically amount to "people aren't paying enough attention to me or my posts." It's a message board with hundreds of thousands of posts, and obviously some will go unnoticed. If that happens with a question or an idea, and you think it's worthy of consideration, please feel free to politely restate it again.

I honestly hadn't seen your question (Ragnaruk seems worse than Kerbeus, and you can already see the best Layers for each type in the Competitive combos list), but you made two other posts on the same page commenting about it not receiving enough attention, and your tone was not particularly kind in either post. That says to me that your expectations are too high and that you are taking these completely unintentional moments too much to heart.
(Nov. 02, 2015  3:04 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I encourage anyone to take time away from the WBO as their personal needs might require. Best of luck with everything.

That said, I'm frequently surprised by the amount of posts that basically amount to "people aren't paying enough attention to me or my posts." It's a message board with hundreds of thousands of posts, and obviously some will go unnoticed. If that happens with a question or an idea, and you think it's worthy of consideration, please feel free to politely restate it again.

I honestly hadn't seen your question (Ragnaruk seems worse than Kerbeus, and you can already see the best Layers for each type in the Competitive combos list), but you made two other posts on the same page commenting about it not receiving enough attention, and your tone was not particularly kind in either post. That says to me that your expectations are too high and that you are taking these completely unintentional moments too much to heart.

I know and I never intentionally tried to be unpleasent so I apologise if I sounded rude. I just felt unoticed before.

It's not the only reason I'm taking a break (otherwise I would've stayed). I also have personal issues to deal with which hammers that nail a little more.
You can always PM people if no one answers you in a thread. Most people here would reply if they knew, i'm sure.

We're here for beyblade, not a popularity contest Tongue_out
(Nov. 02, 2015  2:51 AM)Momohimi Wrote: I know and like I said, it's not the major reason I'm leaving, only partially. If you looked at my posts, they have all been shoved out of the way for much popular members.

I would like to address my main reason for leaving is my persoanl issues (which I will not talk about).
(Nov. 02, 2015  3:20 AM)BUMP KING Wrote: We're here for beyblade, not a popularity contest Tongue_out

Exactly, the WBO is not a social hierarchy of popularity to climb. The concept of WBO "celebrities" shouldn't even really be a thing. Sure, there are more visible members who post a lot and have many discussions, but commonly those people have been here for a long time and have established themselves as useful contributors to the hobby and or website, i.e. any possible extended attention they receive is earned. That being said, no member is on a higher social status than any other, and no one is purposefully ignoring anybody because of some unwritten popularity caste. As Brad stated, it's a big site; not everyone is going to zero in on a single users posts all the time. As long as you have good intentions and contributions to bring to the table, everyone on here gets attention and discussion with other members at some point.

Like you said, you have personal reasons and that's totally fine for leaving. I wish you the best.
(Nov. 02, 2015  3:12 AM)Momohimi Wrote:
(Nov. 02, 2015  3:04 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I encourage anyone to take time away from the WBO as their personal needs might require. Best of luck with everything.

I know and I never intentionally tried to be unpleasent so I apologise if I sounded rude. I just felt unoticed before.

A technique I've found useful is just quoting the original question with a little message like "I posted this a little while ago, does anyone have an answer?". It's more helpful than simply stating that you've been ignored - anyone who wants to try to help then has to browse back through the discussion to find the original post, which may discourage them from helping at all. Re-posting the entire question makes it much easier for anyone who can help you, and means that you can get your answer faster.

Getting a question answered is really a matter of getting someone with the right knowledge to read it. Harder or more obscure questions can be answered by a much smaller group of people than simple or frequently asked questions can, so you generally have to wait longer for an answer. This sometimes means that the thread will move on or change topics before you can get an answer, leaving your question buried. For example, I saw your Burst question, but I know very little about anything that isn't MFB Standard or Limited. If you had asked something within my area of expertise, I would have answered immediately. But I don't know enough about Burst to quickly give you a good answer, so I ended up posting about Lightning L-Drago instead.

TL;DR summary:
Keep asking good questions, but you might have to work to get it to the right people and get an answer.

(Nov. 02, 2015  3:12 AM)Momohimi Wrote: It's not the only reason I'm taking a break (otherwise I would've stayed). I also have personal issues to deal with which hammers that nail a little more.

There's also this. Real life always comes first. Take your time as needed and come back when you are ready Smile

Awe bruh. Ill miss yuh. Come back to us when you feel better.

You will be a missed of course, though unikitty may take this turn of events rather harsh with her return.

I hope the same as everyone else and hope you sort your stuff out. Like a few others said, don't stress too much on how many see your posts but rather if the posts made are good or not. There are many members, almost 100,000 in fact, and not every question will be answered, and there is usually a reason why.

But I wish the best of luck to you as I did for Tri.
I find the WBO to be a good place to chat in a pastime; I don't think I could take a break again lol.

Glad to see you're staying Tri, and I hope you come back soon Momo.
So I probably wont be AS active as I am these coming months until January. Trying to get into a art school which will require 100% of my attention and time.
I'm still here, lurking, but I haven't been actively posting due to being busy with both school and work. I'm a full-time student and my job has been overworking me causing me to be behind on some of my homework. I'm working towards catching up, but at the same time I'm also trying to get into an art school which will require a lot of my time.
Hey everyone, I'm going away to Japan for two weeks this Friday! Will probably still check-in if I have time, but thought I would let everyone know that I won't be around as much.

And yes, I'll be playing in tournaments in Japan! I'm going to meet @[OkinawamTS] this weekend, in fact. Smile If anybody gets the new releases before this weekend, let me know how they perform so that I'm not going in totally blind to my first event haha.
Gosh, that's awesome, Kei! Make sure to take some great pics to post here after your return. Wink Have lots of fun and come back safely!
That's pretty nice Kei! Hope you enjoy it Smile

plz get hato a horosood or defense and stamina custom set plz & thx Unsmith
Awesome Kei ! You should stick with Odin Heavy/Spread Defense/Claw, it looked like a super safe combo. I don't know anything about Odin personally so... :')
(Nov. 18, 2015  5:53 AM)Kei Wrote: Hey everyone, I'm going away to Japan for two weeks this Friday! Will probably still check-in if I have time, but thought I would let everyone know that I won't be around as much.

And yes, I'll be playing in tournaments in Japan! I'm going to meet @[OkinawamTS] this weekend, in fact. Smile If anybody gets the new releases before this weekend, let me know how they perform so that I'm not going in totally blind to my first event haha.
Wow, that's awesome, Kei! Can't wait to hear all about the tournaments and hopefully see a few pictures and videos of the events. Are you making the trip specifically for Burst?
Thanks guys!

(Nov. 18, 2015  1:26 PM)~Stoney~ Wrote: Gosh, that's awesome, Kei! Make sure to take some great pics to post here after your return. Wink Have lots of fun and come back safely!

I'll definitely take photos and videos of the events I attend if it is allowed.

(Nov. 18, 2015  1:52 PM)Hato Wrote: plz get hato a horosood or defense and stamina custom set plz & thx Unsmith

k

(Nov. 18, 2015  3:49 PM)MissingNo. Wrote: Awesome Kei ! You should stick with Odin Heavy/Spread Defense/Claw, it looked like a super safe combo. I don't know anything about Odin personally so... :')

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. It's the safest combo right now. However, I'm worried about the new parts since I won't have time to test them beforehand.

(Nov. 18, 2015  6:45 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: Wow, that's awesome, Kei! Can't wait to hear all about the tournaments and hopefully see a few pictures and videos of the events. Are you making the trip specifically for Burst?

It's a combination of many things, Burst included. I'll also be attending at least six concerts while I'm there. Smile