General Burst Combo Discussion

I don't think there is a good replacement. Assault and Quake are both good, but it doesn't seem like you have them.
(May. 28, 2017  3:47 AM)Chicken Storm Wrote: What is a good replacement for accel and extreme on my attack combos? I have spiral, reboot, jaggy, impact, and blow plus some more
Is DHD > DHR ? What about OHD vs D/D2/HR/D for overall versatility (burst resistance, outspinning capabilities etc), also is Odin better when soft launched vs hard launch ? I didn't have very good results with D2 as it tends to burst a lot and burst finishes are 2 pts
(May. 28, 2017  9:16 AM)chips556 Wrote: Is DHD > DHR ? What about OHD vs D/D2/HR/D for overall versatility (burst resistance, outspinning capabilities etc), also is Odin better when soft launched vs hard launch ? I didn't have very good results with D2 as it tends to burst a lot and burst finishes are 2 pts

Revolve is slightly better for defense for pure stamina
D2hd is best for overall versality unless you have a perfect balanced revolve
Odin is better soft launched 
That's weird as d2 is one of the best layers in the game (as noted by its ban) what bursted d2? As it usually should not Burst enough for you to lose a match
(May. 28, 2017  10:45 AM)mj9 Wrote:
(May. 28, 2017  9:16 AM)chips556 Wrote: Is DHD > DHR ? What about OHD vs D/D2/HR/D for overall versatility (burst resistance, outspinning capabilities etc), also is Odin better when soft launched vs hard launch ? I didn't have very good results with D2 as it tends to burst a lot and burst finishes are 2 pts

Revolve is slightly better for defense for pure stamina
That's weird as d2 is one of the best layers in the game (as noted by its ban) what bursted d2? As it usually should not Burst enough for you to lose a match

Could you elaborate how a revolve driver can be perfectly balanced ?
Is Odin only better soft launched against attack types ?
Stock W2, Xcalibur, X2 are the ones that I can remember, some variation of Odin too
(May. 28, 2017  11:28 AM)chips556 Wrote:
(May. 28, 2017  10:45 AM)mj9 Wrote: Revolve is slightly better for defense for pure stamina

Could you elaborate how a revolve driver can be perfectly balanced ?
Is Odin only better soft launched against attack types ?
Stock W2, Xcalibur, X2 are the ones that I can remember, some variation of Odin too

Those beys should not be bursting d2
Odin is weak launched against attack types as weaker launches give it better defense
It's luck basically but if you launch your Beyblade and it stays in the centre it's got good balanced try rotating your driver 180 degrees of it doesn't to try and get balance
(May. 28, 2017  11:59 AM)mj9 Wrote: Those beys should not be bursting d2
Definitely false. W2, X and X2 are all pretty good at bursting D2. Not exactly consistent, but still much easier than say V2 and the lot.
(May. 28, 2017  12:53 PM)Bastillon Wrote:
(May. 28, 2017  11:59 AM)mj9 Wrote: Those beys should not be bursting d2
Definitely false. W2, X and X2 are all pretty good at bursting D2. Not exactly consistent, but still much easier than say V2 and the lot.

But he's losing matches because of this it doesn't sound right to me
(May. 28, 2017  2:15 PM)mj9 Wrote:
(May. 28, 2017  12:53 PM)Bastillon Wrote: Definitely false. W2, X and X2 are all pretty good at bursting D2. Not exactly consistent, but still much easier than say V2 and the lot.

But he's losing matches because of this it doesn't sound right to me

Most current testing on D2 assumes 1 point bursts like in qualifier matches, not finals where they're 2. Under those rules losing to Bursts would be quite possible, especially if D2 was being launched too hard against Attack (weak launching will help a lot)
What layer should i use in a combo with heavy/gravity revolve/orbit (not banned layers like d2).
would odin , wyvern or neptune work?
which would work best?
(May. 28, 2017  2:24 PM)Chicken Storm Wrote: What layer should i use in a combo with heavy/gravity  revolve/orbit (not banned layers like d2).
which would work best?

Odin is best for Stamina, Wyvern is best for KO Defense, and Neptune is best for Burst Defense. Neptune ___ Revolve also wins pretty consistently against Drain Fafnir and Lost Longinus combos, provided you have well-balanced parts and/or a good Disk for LAD (Yell or Spread are ideal)
(May. 28, 2017  2:28 PM)Cake Wrote:
(May. 28, 2017  2:24 PM)Chicken Storm Wrote: What layer should i use in a combo with heavy/gravity  revolve/orbit (not banned layers like d2).
which would work best?

Odin is best for Stamina, Wyvern is best for KO Defense, and Neptune is best for Burst Defense. Neptune ___ Revolve also wins pretty consistently against Drain Fafnir and Lost Longinus combos, provided you have well-balanced parts and/or a good Disk for LAD (Yell or Spread are ideal)

so is Neptune spread revolve, my go to defense and stamina hybrid combo?
Would gigant Gaia heavy/gravity yielding be any good?
Tournaments here are based on a 3 pt system, 2 pts for burst and 1 pt for OS/KO, sometimes I get bursted twice in a row and I'm done for, I have pretty good launch strength compared to the others (mostly kids half my age), will some variation of WHR work ? Or stationary attack combos like VHN or I should just stick with something like OHD/DHD/D2HR/DHR if played according to my format
(May. 28, 2017  3:49 PM)chips556 Wrote: Tournaments here are based on a 3 pt system, 2 pts for burst and 1 pt for OS/KO, sometimes I get bursted twice in a row and I'm done for,  I have pretty good launch strength compared to the others (mostly kids half my age), will some variation of WHR work ? Or stationary attack combos like VHN or I should just stick with something like OHD/DHD/D2HR/DHR if played according to my format

What brand those beys are off? And just asking where you from
(May. 28, 2017  4:04 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote:
(May. 28, 2017  3:49 PM)chips556 Wrote: Tournaments here are based on a 3 pt system, 2 pts for burst and 1 pt for OS/KO, sometimes I get bursted twice in a row and I'm done for,  I have pretty good launch strength compared to the others (mostly kids half my age), will some variation of WHR work ? Or stationary attack combos like VHN or I should just stick with something like OHD/DHD/D2HR/DHR if played according to my format

What brand those beys are off? And just asking where you from

I am from Malaysia, they are Takara Tomy beys, the tournaments are hosted by Litt Tak (official distributor here)
(May. 23, 2017  7:58 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(May. 23, 2017  6:34 PM)DracoYggdrasil1 Wrote: I know who the red eyed helmet wearing blader in BeyBlade Burst God is! Compare the back of Shu Kurenai's hair style to the back of the Helmeted Blader's hair style! They're exactly the same!!

This topic is about the Beyblade Burst tops customizations. If you want to discuss the anime, you will have to go in the right forum, Beyblade Anime and Manga. However, you will notice that we already made that deduction many weeks ago.

Right, my mistake, sorry.
what is better for burst resistance gravity, heavy, armed, or knuckle?
what disc is best for KO defense?
burst resistance vary by parts you used. its not only the disk or Forge disk you use. but they help.
(May. 30, 2017  8:25 PM)Chicken Storm Wrote: what is better for burst resistance gravity, heavy, armed, or knuckle?

For Burst defense, Down and Armed are best
For KO, Gravity.
(May. 30, 2017  8:50 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote:
(May. 30, 2017  8:25 PM)Chicken Storm Wrote: what is better for burst resistance gravity, heavy, armed, or knuckle?

For Burst defense, Down and Armed are best
For KO, Gravity.

Heavy should be good for KO defence too
(May. 30, 2017  11:32 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote:
(May. 30, 2017  8:50 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote: For Burst defense, Down and Armed are best
For KO, Gravity.

Heavy should be good for KO defence too

That too lol.
How good is Knuckle in stamina/defense hybrid combos for burst resistance ?
(May. 31, 2017  4:46 AM)chips556 Wrote: How good is Knuckle in stamina/defense hybrid combos for burst resistance ?

Knuckle is probably your best option in a Burst resistance defense/stamina hybrid
(May. 31, 2017  6:43 AM)mj9 Wrote:
(May. 31, 2017  4:46 AM)chips556 Wrote: How good is Knuckle in stamina/defense hybrid combos for burst resistance ?

Knuckle is probably your best option in a Burst resistance defense/stamina hybrid

Are defense combos even viable in the current meta ? Where I live, D2, X, X2 & W are heavily favored, we don't have god layers yet.

Would WHR/WKR > OHD/OHR/DHR/D2HR ? It's safe to say that I'm up against 70% younger children who can't really launch a bey and sometimes really luck out with stock X2 combos crushing my well launched DHR, and burst finishes count as 2 pts where I play instead of 1 pt here so not getting bursted is a huge thing.
(May. 31, 2017  7:32 AM)chips556 Wrote:
(May. 31, 2017  6:43 AM)mj9 Wrote: Knuckle is probably your best option in a Burst resistance defense/stamina hybrid

Are defense combos even viable in the current meta ? Where I live, D2, X, X2 & W are heavily favored, we don't have god layers yet.

Would WHR/WKR > OHD/OHR/DHR/D2HR ? It's safe to say that I'm up against 70% younger children who can't really launch a bey and sometimes really luck out with stock X2 combos crushing my well launched DHR, and burst finishes count as 2 pts where I play instead of 1 pt here so not getting bursted is a huge thing.

Defensive wise I'd probably say yeah d2 should be better defensive, than all of those but if d2 bursts too much for your liking then try wyvern or Neptune or try weak launching your Odin combo to avoid bursting