General Burst Combo Discussion

Can someone try out blaze Ragnarok Heavy Weight
What's the purpose of the combo? To me it just seems like a waste of time to test because weight just doesn't have any LAD to be useful against the current meta, it could be a good defense type if Drain Fafnir gets banned but right now, probably no good.
Is Drain Fafnir Polish Hold/Yielding good for stamina or is the Drain Fafnir layer still needing to be tested more?
(Jun. 02, 2017  3:52 AM)Deathscyther04 Wrote: Is Drain Fafnir Polish Hold/Yielding good for stamina or is the Drain Fafnir layer still needing to be tested more?

It is good it has placed in tournamnets
Why is DHD sometimes favored over DHR ? What advantages do DHD offer that DHR doesn't ?
(Jun. 02, 2017  6:59 AM)chips556 Wrote: Why is DHD sometimes favored over DHR ? What advantages do DHD offer that DHR doesn't ?

Defense gets destabilised less than revolve does
(Jun. 02, 2017  7:02 AM)mj9 Wrote:
(Jun. 02, 2017  6:59 AM)chips556 Wrote: Why is DHD sometimes favored over DHR ? What advantages do DHD offer that DHR doesn't ?

Defense gets destabilised less than revolve does

What about burst resistance ?
(Jun. 02, 2017  10:22 AM)chips556 Wrote:
(Jun. 02, 2017  7:02 AM)mj9 Wrote: Defense gets destabilised less than revolve does

What about burst resistance ?

Not sure hasn't been tested yet
Revolve has more stamina and LAD
Defense has more Burst Resistance (both due to the tight fit and the movement it causes to avoid attacks of course) (Though I do want to add that it is much harder to pull off a bank stall with defense than Revolve putting it at a disadvantage against stationary Valkyrie) it is also harder to knock out and obviously it is much harder to destabilize it, only because of those little edges it has around the ball tip.
(Jun. 02, 2017  1:56 PM)1234beyblade Wrote: Revolve has more stamina and LAD
Defense has more Burst Resistance (both due to the tight fit and the movement it causes to avoid attacks of course) (Though I do want to add that it is much harder to pull off a bank stall with defense than Revolve putting it at a disadvantage against stationary Valkyrie) it is also harder to knock out and obviously it is much harder to destabilize it, only because of those little edges it has around the ball tip.

Sounds good, what exactly is LAD ?
I think I'll be using DHD > DHR now, burst resistance for me is a priority as they're 2 pts in tournaments here.
Is OHD still the best Odin combo available ? And is it more burst resistant over DHD ?
I'll probably be picking up the Odin & Spriggan starter set once they're available if they offer better burst resistance
(Jun. 02, 2017  5:12 PM)chips556 Wrote:
(Jun. 02, 2017  1:56 PM)1234beyblade Wrote: Revolve has more stamina and LAD

Sounds good, what exactly is LAD ?
I think I'll be using DHD > DHR now, burst resistance for me is a priority as they're 2 pts in tournaments here.
Is OHD still the best Odin combo available ? And is it more burst resistant over DHD ?
I'll probably be picking up the Odin & Spriggan starter set once they're available if they offer better burst resistance

If you're talking about the hasbro Odin Spriggan set, getting that is a mistake. Hasbro's Odin got nerfed severely. But yes,  Odin tends to be more resistant.
(Jun. 02, 2017  5:27 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote:
(Jun. 02, 2017  5:12 PM)chips556 Wrote: Sounds good, what exactly is LAD ?

If you're talking about the hasbro Odin Spriggan set, getting that is a mistake. Hasbro's Odin got nerfed severely. But yes,  Odin tends to be more resistant.
No, I'm talking about the TT set, B-05 and B-17, the release sequence here is weird, we already have O2 but not Odin
(Jun. 03, 2017  1:13 AM)chips556 Wrote:
(Jun. 02, 2017  5:27 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote: If you're talking about the hasbro Odin Spriggan set, getting that is a mistake. Hasbro's Odin got nerfed severely. But yes,  Odin tends to be more resistant.
No, I'm talking about the TT set, B-05 and B-17, the release sequence here is weird, we already have O2 but not Odin

Ahh, Ok, so you are getting SHD and OCB? That's good, but make sure you grab a Revolve just in case, Revolve can also be good when you need more stamina and do not care about resistance or KO defense.
(Jun. 03, 2017  1:19 AM)Suzaku-X Wrote:
(Jun. 03, 2017  1:13 AM)chips556 Wrote: No, I'm talking about the TT set, B-05 and B-17, the release sequence here is weird, we already have O2 but not Odin

Ahh, Ok, so you are getting SHD and OCB? That's good, but make sure you grab a Revolve just in case, Revolve can also be good when you need more stamina and do not care about resistance or KO defense.
I'm currently using DHR/D2HR, mainly DHR since D2 bursts too much, probably will switch to DHD or OHD when I get the parts soon, getting bursted sucks
(Jun. 03, 2017  2:13 AM)chips556 Wrote:
(Jun. 03, 2017  1:19 AM)Suzaku-X Wrote: Ahh, Ok, so you are getting SHD and OCB? That's good, but make sure you grab a Revolve just in case, Revolve can also be good when you need more stamina and do not care about resistance or KO defense.
I'm currently using DHR/D2HR, mainly DHR since D2 bursts too much, probably will switch to DHD or OHD when I get the parts soon, getting bursted sucks

Huh, D2 shouldn't be bursted that much. If you are that concerned, D2.G.D should burst less. But you're other combos are good too.
(Jun. 03, 2017  2:20 AM)Suzaku-X Wrote:
(Jun. 03, 2017  2:13 AM)chips556 Wrote: I'm currently using DHR/D2HR, mainly DHR since D2 bursts too much, probably will switch to DHD or OHD when I get the parts soon, getting bursted sucks

Huh, D2 shouldn't be bursted that much. If you are that concerned, D2.G.D should burst less. But you're other combos are good too.

It must be worn. Tbh I don't think Defence can help it resist bursting over Revo as it's increase in friction.
No, all of the layers are fresh, it bursted quite easily even when used <10 times
(Jun. 03, 2017  2:37 AM)chips556 Wrote: No, all of the layers are fresh, it bursted quite easily even when used <10 times

What exactly are you pitting it against? If it's dF then I wouldn't be surprised at all really.
(Jun. 03, 2017  2:55 AM)Bastillon Wrote:
(Jun. 03, 2017  2:37 AM)chips556 Wrote: No, all of the layers are fresh, it bursted quite easily even when used <10 times

What exactly are you pitting it against? If it's dF then I wouldn't be surprised at all really.

No God layers, I can only remember stock W2, X, X2, V2 & S2. If I'm not wrong I was the only one with a customized bey, all my beys are fresh, at this point probably used <25 times
(Jun. 03, 2017  4:31 AM)chips556 Wrote:
(Jun. 03, 2017  2:55 AM)Bastillon Wrote: What exactly are you pitting it against? If it's dF then I wouldn't be surprised at all really.

No God layers, I can only remember stock W2, X, X2, V2 & S2. If I'm not wrong I was the only one with a customized bey, all my beys are fresh, at this point probably used <25 times
W2, X and X2 can definitely burst D2. V2 and S2 should be slightly weaker. You should probably weak launch D2 against X and X2, then regular launch against V2, S2 and W2. I don't really think that weak launching D2GD would help win against W2VO since Orbit probably has a bit more stamina.
(Jun. 03, 2017  12:36 PM)Bastillon Wrote:
(Jun. 03, 2017  4:31 AM)chips556 Wrote: No God layers, I can only remember stock W2, X, X2, V2 & S2. If I'm not wrong I was the only one with a customized bey, all my beys are fresh, at this point probably used <25 times
W2, X and X2 can definitely burst D2. V2 and S2 should be slightly weaker. You should probably weak launch D2 against X and X2, then regular launch against V2, S2 and W2. I don't really think that weak launching D2GD would help win against W2VO since Orbit probably has a bit more stamina.
In the wiki, it is said that Gravity has equal weight as Heavy, but why is Heavy usually favored over Gravity in most combos ?
Edit : In the wiki it says that Gravity offers less burst defense for more stamina and D2 is somewhat burst resistant
(Jun. 03, 2017  2:16 PM)chips556 Wrote:
(Jun. 03, 2017  12:36 PM)Bastillon Wrote: W2, X and X2 can definitely burst D2. V2 and S2 should be slightly weaker. You should probably weak launch D2 against X and X2, then regular launch against V2, S2 and W2. I don't really think that weak launching D2GD would help win against W2VO since Orbit probably has a bit more stamina.
In the wiki, it is said that Gravity has equal weight as Heavy, but why is Heavy usually favored over Gravity in most combos ?
Edit : In the wiki it says that Gravity offers less burst defense for more stamina and D2 is somewhat burst resistant
Heavy has a more well-rounded shape than Gravity. While Gravity is an octagonal cylinder, Heavy is a round cylinder with four metal notches equally spread out around the disk. This would probably involve some aerodynamic calculations, which I cannot comment on since I don't know much about it. Also, heavy would offer slightly higher burst resistance due to its smaller mass.
(Jun. 03, 2017  3:31 PM)Bastillon Wrote:
(Jun. 03, 2017  2:16 PM)chips556 Wrote: In the wiki, it is said that Gravity has equal weight as Heavy, but why is Heavy usually favored over Gravity in most combos ?
Heavy has a more well-rounded shape than Gravity. While Gravity is an octagonal cylinder, Heavy is a round cylinder with four metal notches equally spread out around the disk. This would probably involve some aerodynamic calculations, which I cannot comment on since I don't know much about it. Also, heavy would offer slightly higher burst resistance due to its smaller mass.

Gravity is generally more stamina oriented, however. One of the things is that Heavy focuses it's mass on 4 points, while Gravity does it on 8, so Heavy has more distribution to contact points.
(Jun. 03, 2017  4:13 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote:
(Jun. 03, 2017  3:31 PM)Bastillon Wrote: Heavy has a more well-rounded shape than Gravity. While Gravity is an octagonal cylinder, Heavy is a round cylinder with four metal notches equally spread out around the disk. This would probably involve some aerodynamic calculations, which I cannot comment on since I don't know much about it. Also, heavy would offer slightly higher burst resistance due to its smaller mass.

Gravity is generally more stamina oriented, however. One of the things is that Heavy focuses it's mass on 4 points, while Gravity does it on 8, so Heavy has more distribution to contact points.

I'm going to go for D2HD/DHD since it is more burst resistant than D2HR/DHR, what matchups are they good against ? I know that D2 destroys L2, what about the different variations of D2 ? I've heard that the blue D2 is more burst resistant due to its' teeth being somewhat "sticky" due to manufacturing defects, and also how does wear affect the layers, as in the teeth being grinded or the plastic layer getting grinded ?