GRAND BATTLE TOURNAMENT 2: WBO North American Championship 2014!!!

World Bladers!

Last year, we started a revolution … now it’s time for the Grand Battle to not begin ... but continue! Nearly a decade ago, WBO & Off The Chain Founder Bey Brad hosted a tournament titled “GRAND BATTLE TOURNAMENT” at ANIME NORTH 2005, and in honour of that we decided that it would be appropriate to name the tournament this year, GRAND BATTLE TOURNAMENT ...2! Why is it a "grand battle", you ask? Well, it's because the tournament will be our second North American Championship as a part of ANIME NORTH 2014 and BEYDAYS 2014!!

On Saturday, May 24th, 2014 during our annual global celebration of Beyblade, BEYDAYS, the best Bladers in North America will gather in Toronto, Ontario, Canada at ANIME NORTH 2014 in order to compete for the prestigious title of WBO North American Champion 2014!!!

So, do you think you have what it takes? GRAND BATTLE TOURNAMENT 2 will be open to the public, but if you don't live near Toronto, you can earn paid travel expenses to Toronto by winning a tournament in the WBO North American Championship Qualifier Series!

This list is likely not final, so please stay tuned for updates about more qualifiers in the coming days/weeks!

All tournaments will be played in the new Limited Format.

If you are not familiar with Limited Format, please take the time to read through this thread:
MFB: Limited :: Primer, Random Thoughts, and Q&A Thread!

And for the up to date ban list for Limited Format, please check this thread:
Limited Ban List Discussion

What do Qualifiers win?
Winners of these tournaments will receive the following:
  • Paid travel expenses, by plane or bus (whichever is cheapest), or car to ANIME NORTH 2014 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada for GRAND BATTLE TOURNAMENT 2.
  • An ANIME NORTH 2014 Pass

Qualifiers will be responsible for finding/paying for accommodations in Toronto, but we will work closely with each of you to make sure that you find somewhere suitable. Additionally, the winner will be required to consult with the Committee before booking their flight/bus, and then after approval, provide a booking confirmation to the WBO Committee before they can provide reimbursement for the traveling costs. We can also reimburse gas costs, but in that case, reimbursement will only take place in person after we have received gas receipts.

Tournaments All Weekend!
In honour of the original GRAND BATTLE TOURNAMENT in 2005 where competitors used HMS Beyblades, we have decided that in addition to GRAND BATTLE TOURNAMENT 2: WBO North American Championship 2014 on Saturday, May 24th at ANIME NORTH 2014, it would be fitting to–for the first time ever at AN–also host not one, not two … not three … but four other tournaments on Friday, May 23rd and Sunday, May 25th! This will bring us to a total of five tournaments for the entire weekend, spanning all five WBO Organized Play Formats including not only HMS and Plastics, but also the Standard and Zero-G Formats! Here is the full schedule:

Click on the names above for the official threads for each tournament and let us know which ones you plan on attending!

Why should I participate in all of these tournaments?
Besides how much fun it's going to be to play in every existing WBO Organized Play Format over one weekend ... as an added incentive to encourage everyone to participate in as many of these tournaments as possible, there will be added benefits to participating in any (or all!) of the tournaments at AN!:
  • Increased Credit Limit to 16 (regularly only 8 Credits per week is permitted)
  • Each tournament grants you an extra entry into the BEYDAYS 2014 BeyLotto (prizes to be announced at a later date)
  • If you participate in at least one tournament on each day (Friday, May 23rd, Saturday, May 24th, and Sunday, May 25th) you will be eligible to receive a two Face Boosters of your choice (same selection as is listed in the section below)!

Mandatory $5 Entry Fee = More Qualifiers + Extra Credits + Free Face Booster!
To help subsidize the high cost of flying/busing the qualifiers to Toronto, a mandatory $5 entry fee will be imposed on all Qualifier Series tournaments, regardless of whether or not a participant has a Blader Passport (if you wish to purchase a Blader Passport, the total cost would be $15 at a Qualifier Series tournament), and there will be no prize reimbursement apart from the travel expenses for the winner. We hope that everyone can understand this! The more funds we have, the bigger this championship will be! However, to show our appreciation for your cooperation and support in helping to fund the championship, all participants in Qualifier Series tournaments will receive the following:

All Passport Holders who participate in a WBO North American Championship Qualifier Series tournament will gain an entry into this exclusive BeyLotto! What can you win, you ask? Well, here's the prize breakdown:

1st Place: WBO T-Shirt + WBO 4GB USB Key + Beyblade 4D Poster + BB-96 Beyblade Super Deck Set

2nd Place: WBO 4GB USB Key + Beyblade 4D Poster + BB-96 Beyblade Super Deck Set

3rd Place:: WBO 4GB USB Key + Beyblade 4D Poster

The WBO 4GB USB Keys and Beyblade 4D Posters are being donated by our very own WBO Authorized Dealer, dimsum2u! You can see what items he has for sale here.

Blader Rewards Update
Wondering where you can spend all of those extra Credits you'll be earning by participating in the Qualifiers and all five tournaments on the AN weekend? In addition to what is still available on the list right now, we have just added the following new items to the list:
  • BB-96 Beyblade Super Deck Set - 40 Credits (3 in stock)
  • Sol Blaze Gold Ver. - 22 Credits (2 in stock)
  • Bakushin Susanow 90WF - 22 Credits (3 in stock)
  • BB-58 Beylauncher Suspension - 9 Credits (2 in stock)
  • BBG-15 Metal Stone Face Ocean Blue - 9 Credits (4 in stock)

And ... the new Stone Face Boosters are also available!

Donations
For anybody who wishes to support us beyond participating in any of the qualifier tournaments, you are also welcome to make a donation!
As always, for every $10 donated, you'll receive a gift from us in the form of Face Booster WHITE, Face Booster WHITE II, or Face Booster BLACK II; it's your choice.

However, for those of you who are even more awesome and choose to donate more (before May 12th, 2014), we have some very special gifts available!:

Royal Face
1. For a limited time, donators of at least $30 will have the option of choosing the retired Royal Face instead. It has not been openly available for nearly five years!

Signed WBO T-Shirt
2. Donators of at least $60 will receive a WBO T-Shirt signed by all Committee Members–both current and former–who attend GRAND BATTLE TOURNAMENT 2, including WBO Founder, Bey Brad!

Signed BB-10
3. Donators of at least $100 will receive a BB-10 BeyStadium Attack Type signed by all Committee Members–both current and former–who attend GRAND BATTLE TOURNAMENT 2, including WBO Founder, Bey Brad!

All donations and entry fees will be used to help fund GRAND BATTLE TOURNAMENT 2, including, but not limited to, things such as: plane/bus tickets for qualifiers, prizes, trophies, and promotional materials (posters, flyers, etc).

Official Thread
If you think you can make it to the tournament, post in the official thread here! If you have any questions about the tournament specifically, please post them there.

Are you as excited about the championship as we are?! If so, be sure to tell your friends about it! And if you haven't already, follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook!

[Image: twitteric.png] @worldbeyblade [Image: facebookic.png] WorldBeybladeOrganization

Spread the word!
#BEYBLADE #GBT2 #WBO

Like last year, this will without a doubt be one of the biggest, most exciting events in WBO history, so if you can make it, you will not want to miss it! For those of you around the world who won't be able to make it, you can be certain that there will be extensive coverage of the entire tournament here on the WBO, on our Twitter/Facebook pages, and on BeyChannel!

For everybody else around the world, it's a bit too early to announce anything regarding other BEYDAYS 2014 tournaments around the world, but please stay tuned for news in the future for tournaments near you! Smile
Oh man all those formats - and LIMITED for the Championship?!?! Amazing! Grin Grin Grin
I wish I could make it to North America (being broke is rather restrictive, haha), but I'll try to have something on in Perth the same weekend anyhow. Still, that's really awesome, sounds like it'll be an amazing time.

You guys should look into livestreaming the finals if possible - dunno what the situation with internet at AN is like but it'd be pretty neat to watch it live. Tongue_out
Great event guys, surely this will be great Smile
OMG working on getting Indiana a qualifier pronto!!
Oh man, is this exciting. A qualifier in CT.

Great job, WBO.
Five tournaments in the same weekend is insane. It's really nice to see the qualifiers are back. Hopefully I can win one (my only chance to go to AN). Thanks for the announcement.
Chicago shall have one this year. Can it be the earliest since Kei is coming somewhere in March?
(Feb. 25, 2014  11:46 AM)PRO SEAGULL Wrote: OMG working on getting Indiana a qualifier pronto!!
Was hoping you could make it to Grand Rapids over Spring Break. Kind of why I set the date when I did. and made sure it was a Saturday for Cake and his family of bladers! We'll be taking a week off of baseball for this.
hi kei I live in Pakistan,Karachi so I went to the airport and apply the visa they don't accept it can the WBO help me?
(Feb. 25, 2014  11:34 AM)th!nk Wrote: Oh man all those formats - and LIMITED for the Championship?!?! Amazing! Grin Grin Grin
I wish I could make it to North America (being broke is rather restrictive, haha), but I'll try to have something on in Perth the same weekend anyhow. Still, that's really awesome, sounds like it'll be an amazing time.

You guys should look into livestreaming the finals if possible - dunno what the situation with internet at AN is like but it'd be pretty neat to watch it live. Tongue_out
If everything goes the way i plan ill livestream the finals.
Awesome! Here a good question say a Maryland won a tournament in NC or VA and I won a tournament in Maryland then I decided to car pool with Blader A would it be possible to pay my hotel then?
Awesome!!!

What a horrible time to be going to a water park...

Oh well, hope the competitors have lots of fun!
(Feb. 25, 2014  3:32 PM)Kaizer! Wrote: hi kei I live in Pakistan,Karachi so I went to the airport and apply the visa they don't accept it can the WBO help me?

We really have no authority whatsoever on passports. You would have to ask your government.

(Feb. 25, 2014  3:52 PM)Stars Wrote: Awesome! Here a good question say a Maryland won a tournament in NC or VA and I won a tournament in Maryland then I decided to car pool with Blader A would it be possible to pay my hotel then?

That is definitely something we could consider. Technically, each winner would be entitled a given amount, so if an equivalent to the cost of the gas the person would normally use can be applied to a hotel room near Anime North, that could be feasible. If the hotel somehow cost more than the gas would though, we could not really pay it completely.

By the way, we strongly encourage carpooling of course, but it would also be great, in my opinion, if someone from North Carolina actually won the North Carolina qualifier, hah.
(Feb. 25, 2014  4:47 PM)Kai-V Wrote: By the way, we strongly encourage carpooling of course, but it would also be great, in my opinion, if someone from North Carolina actually won the North Carolina qualifier, hah.

Well thats the plan hah.
What?

Stars thinks he can come down and win our qualifier? Hah, go ahead and try. XD

Remember what we did to your ol' pal geetster... LOL. Tongue_out

EDIT: BTW guys, you still have to run things by the committee before you host your own qualifiers. You gotta remember, the more qualifiers are held, the more winners they have to pay for, haha. There can't be too many.
Me and TheWhiteTiger were planning a tournament in April!!!!!!!!!!!!! Perfect timing I think Grin, if it works out, you might be seeing a Louisiana member Wink
The North Carolina qualifier will be onMarch 29th at Game Theory. Due to Kaijudo regional on the 22nd we had to reschedule.
Well, since no one else seems to want to, I'll go ahead and say the MD qualifier for March 23rd with me hosting
So in response to the Qualifiers will the two finalists have to do the 3 matches again like last year and see who won more rounds?
(Feb. 25, 2014  9:05 PM)Time Wrote: Well, since no one else seems to want to, I'll go ahead and say the MD qualifier for March 23rd with me hosting

I think Arupaeo had to confirm it with us ...
(Feb. 25, 2014  10:19 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Feb. 25, 2014  9:05 PM)Time Wrote: Well, since no one else seems to want to, I'll go ahead and say the MD qualifier for March 23rd with me hosting

I think Arupaeo had to confirm it with us ...
Maryland Qualifier is confirmed on March 30th as Arupaeo told me via. Text message.
I'm all in, but can you add more information? Do you need a passport to go to qualifiers? Do you hve to go to qualifiers?
(Feb. 25, 2014  10:52 PM)Xaos Ninja Wrote: I'm all in, but can you add more information? Do you need a passport to go to qualifiers? Do you hve to go to qualifiers?

The qualifiers are $5 without or with a blader passport.

No, but if you win a qualifier the tickets to AN are free.
(Feb. 25, 2014  11:03 PM)TheLibraKing Wrote:
(Feb. 25, 2014  10:52 PM)Xaos Ninja Wrote: I'm all in, but can you add more information? Do you need a passport to go to qualifiers? Do you hve to go to qualifiers?

The qualifiers are $5 without or with a blader passport.

No, but if you win a qualifier the tickets to AN are free.
Thank you very much!