Energy Transfer

Original (Click to View)
Quote:06/30/13: Work in Progress. Seeing as how it again seems to confuse people, I'll try to update this article so it can be more comprehensible.

Definition:

Energy Transfer, commonly known as Spin-Stealing or Spin-Equalizing, refers to the transfer of kinetic energy from one Beyblade to another.

Specifics:

The Energy Transfer phenomenon only occurs when the Beyblades involved in a Beybattle spin in opposite directions (Right-Spin vs. Left-Spin and vice versa). This happens because the force created from the rotation of one Beyblade pushes the other Beyblade when both spin in opposite directions, rather than collide when they spin in the same direction.

The Beyblade that benefits from the phenomenon is the one with the lowest rotational velocity (or angular velocity; known as Spin Velocity on these forums) on contact. This is explained by the fact that the Beyblade with the lowest rotational velocity consequently has lower rotational force; not being powerful enough to push the other Beyblade, it gets pushed instead.

Factors:

Many elements come into play to determine which Beyblade will benefit the most from the energy transfer, and thus, which will be the most successful at the Spin-Stealing game.

- No doubt the most important element is the ability for a Beyblade to keep its balance at low rotational velocity. Often confused with "LAD" (Life After Death), with which it has little in common, a Beyblade's ability to make the most out of its last rotations is crucial in determining whether a Beyblade wins or loses a Spin-Stealing game.

- Friction, specifically between a Beyblade and the stadium floor, is a force that always work against the rotational force of a Beyblade. Therefore, low friction tips (ex.: small spin surfaces, metal) will increase the ability to receive energy while high friction tips (ex.: large/wide spin surfaces, rubber) will decrease it. However, the ability to keep balance at low rotational velocity takes precedence over a low coefficient of friction in a Spin-Stealing game: a tip like Metal Sharp will not work very well, while a tip like Extreme Flat will.

{WIP} Examples (I know. They're large.) (Click to View)
This is very well presented. You even have diagrams to help visualy communicate the definition. Very well done.
although i dont think this needs its own article. maybe combined with another existing one perhaps? any suggestions?
Isn't this just spin stealing?
This is spin equalizing..and it helped clear some of my doubts..thanks for posting this.
This is great! It is well presented, and makes perfect sense! I just had a Physics lesson in vacation...
well represented and i think that it should be posted because many new members ask about this and it is nice article keep it up dude
Thanks for creating this article. Finally someone who agrees with my theory. I have my own theory, despite it isn't well presented, and more importantly, it isn't formal. You may take a look at it in my sig, Spin Stealing/Equalization?

Anyways, great article, be sure to take a look at my sig, you might find something useful there.
This will probably be the only thing I will help BeyWiki with, if it goes well, it's in a different category to other articles.

- Spin velocity doesn't exist, it's made up and shouldn't exist. The universally known phrase is Angular Velocity.

The diagrams show what I was trying to explain a month ago, clockwork system, there is less inelastic collision between opposite spins, than between the same spin direction.

Under specifics, it is extremely vague, you should mention the force going into sharing the angular velocity, other than going into collision between particles.
I heard somewhere that rubber transfers energy better than metal and plastic or something. Maybe mention that?
(Jul. 10, 2011  2:43 PM)Mr. N Wrote: I heard somewhere that rubber transfers energy better than metal and plastic or something. Maybe mention that?
no carp sherlock. Really - rubber grips better than plastic/metal? No way!
Sorry, I just heard that somewhere.
i think your physics is good but you know what there is something by which you can transfer your energy to beyblade by your energy beyblade will attack on another beyyblade it is bey spirit and loveness for this game . many peoples have lots beys and practices with all of them if they practice with one bey and will give all there attention and focus and consiontret on it then you will defienately get connected with your bey by your heart and it move as you will think.i know this happens only in animation but it can be reality if you contiontret on one bey.
(Jul. 10, 2011  4:26 PM)takao.k/tyson.g Wrote: i think your physics is good but you know what there is something by which you can transfer your energy to beyblade by your energy beyblade will attack on another beyyblade it is bey spirit and loveness for this game . many peoples have lots beys and practices with all of them if they practice with one bey and will give all there attention and focus and consiontret on it then you will defienately get connected with your bey by your heart and it move as you will think.i know this happens only in animation but it can be reality if you contiontret on one bey.

Get out of Beywiki.
why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dude,your sig is too large,and nice thread.
(Jul. 10, 2011  4:26 PM)takao.k/tyson.g Wrote: i think your physics is good but you know what there is something by which you can transfer your energy to beyblade by your energy beyblade will attack on another beyyblade it is bey spirit and loveness for this game . many peoples have lots beys and practices with all of them if they practice with one bey and will give all there attention and focus and consiontret on it then you will defienately get connected with your bey by your heart and it move as you will think.i know this happens only in animation but it can be reality if you contiontret on one bey.

I would like too see that happen. Go back to the anime, Ginga.
He's Tyson/Takao, actually. Serious

You make the list in my sig. *slowclap* :\

Anyway, great article. And as obvious as rubber gripping better is, it merits inclusion.

May be worthwhile to include a list of combo's that use/abuse this, in plastics (zombies, hurr) and MFB (MF MLD CH120XF, HURR, and maybe an EWD combo that has been floating around the "winning combo's" thread of late).
(Jul. 10, 2011  12:50 PM)ControL_ Wrote: This will probably be the only thing I will help BeyWiki with, if it goes well, it's in a different category to other articles.

- Spin velocity doesn't exist, it's made up and shouldn't exist. The universally known phrase is Angular Velocity.

The diagrams show what I was trying to explain a month ago, clockwork system, there is less inelastic collision between opposite spins, than between the same spin direction.

Under specifics, it is extremely vague, you should mention the force going into sharing the angular velocity, other than going into collision between particles.

Angular velocity is sometimes known as Rotational Velocity; although not a scientifically recognised term, spin can be interchanged with rotation. Spin Velocity, and even Rotational Velocity if you want to insist of scientific accuracy is a much more approachable term than Angular Velocity.

I know that Beywiki should always have some sort of elevated lexis, but is it always necessary to use specific scientific terms such as "collision between particles"? I think Beywiki should always remain accessible for all users, and that definitely involves kids who won't necessarily have such a knowledge of the terminology you use.
I prefer RPM, myself.

Jus' sayin', I kinda think that may be what you're lookin' fer.
(Jul. 10, 2011  7:10 PM)♥ Wrote:
(Jul. 10, 2011  12:50 PM)ControL_ Wrote: This will probably be the only thing I will help BeyWiki with, if it goes well, it's in a different category to other articles.

Angular velocity is sometimes known as Rotational Velocity; although not a scientifically recognised term, spin can be interchanged with rotation. Spin Velocity, and even Rotational Velocity if you want to insist of scientific accuracy is a much more approachable term than Angular Velocity.

I know that Beywiki should always have some sort of elevated lexis, but is it always necessary to use specific scientific terms such as "collision between particles"? I think Beywiki should always remain accessible for all users, and that definitely involves kids who won't necessarily have such a knowledge of the terminology you use.
You can reword any word I say, but I am laying down as exact as it gets. What you consider energy transfer covers huge amounts of different actions. Collision between particles is one, energy sharing is one, etc. If I am to lay down any facts, I will make them exact.

Yes I recognise rotational velocity, it is less commonly known, but will suit Beyblading more if you like. Spin velocity could be mistaken for an XF's speed travelling around the TR. I see there is a Beywiki article for it, but really, it is heavily made up. Beywiki isn't getting an elevated lexis if such terms as spin velocity exist.

There is nothing wrong with universal names for angular velocity/rotational velocity/RPM, why make something up?
Nocto Wrote:The beyblade that benefits from the energy transfer is the one with the lowest spin velocity (also known as angular velocity or rpm) on contact.

ControL_ Wrote:you should mention the force going into sharing the angular velocity
Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, is the "Factors" section not taking care of this (albeit simply) with each factor changing positively or negatively the amount of force required for sharing the angular velocity?

Th!nk Wrote:And as obvious as rubber gripping better is, it merits inclusion.
Should be done soon.

Th!nk Wrote:May be worthwhile to include a list of combo's that use/abuse this
If necessary, I will.
I can read, I do go to school you know? You shouldn't have spin velocity there at all.

When left spin collides with right spin, the reason why "The Art of the Start" has some effect is because the majority of the force goes into spin sharing. The factors section doesn't cover that at all.
(Jul. 10, 2011  9:13 PM)ControL_ Wrote: You can reword any word I say, but I am laying down as exact as it gets. What you consider energy transfer covers huge amounts of different actions. Collision between particles is one, energy sharing is one, etc. If I am to lay down any facts, I will make them exact.

Yes I recognise rotational velocity, it is less commonly known, but will suit Beyblading more if you like. Spin velocity could be mistaken for an XF's speed travelling around the TR. I see there is a Beywiki article for it, but really, it is heavily made up. Beywiki isn't getting an elevated lexis if such terms as spin velocity exist.

There is nothing wrong with universal names for angular velocity/rotational velocity/RPM, why make something up?

I never mentioned energy transfer at all, so I'm not sure what you mean there.

You're right that the current Beywiki article on Spin Velocity isn't particularly convincing, and that certainly needs a rewrite.

I'm just explaining that the term "Spin Velocity" isn't completely wrong as you had suggested. I'm struggling to see how it could be mistaken for the Beyblade's movement as well, but I am all for pushing the term Rotational Velocity, because even if it means the same thing, Angular Velocity definitely isn't as clear as a term.
"Spin Velocity" has been used for probably ten years now in the Beyblade community, by the way.