Computer viruses!

Poll: Have you ever goten a computer virus?

Yes
82.99%
No
17.01%
Total: 100% 147 vote(s)
Do you know what virus it was?
it was the "blue screen of death"
Oh eah this thread reminds me of a funny moment. y friend got this virus... No biggie... I decrypted it and then my friend hacked it to find the polar coordinates of the hacker. It worked... It was so fun!
(Sep. 26, 2013  9:09 PM)DRAGON KING Wrote: it was the "blue screen of death"
IIRC that's not a virus... I have it on my laptop it could mean lot's of things most of the time it indacates that there faulty hardware or a corrupted program it basically identifies the problem but does't cause it Smile
(Sep. 26, 2013  9:21 PM)Lazer Wrote:
(Sep. 26, 2013  9:09 PM)DRAGON KING Wrote: it was the "blue screen of death"
IIRC that's not a virus... I have it on my laptop it could mean lot's of things most of the time it indacates that there faulty hardware or a corrupted program it basically identifies the problem but does't cause it Smile

thats just what i call it Chief - Sigh ...
Yes... It was originally first installed on Windows vista where you would have like 10 seconds to switch to.linux and decrypt your corrupted program or shut down. The linux thing was taken off in a vista update because it would break down the local disk.
erm wat BSOD has been around for much longer than since Vista...
Cake I am talking of the version with linux. Sorry for being so inv
Clear. Also vista had the most dodgy bsodaat leset on mine it was.
I'm sorry for necroing the thread, but I am going to talk about the worst virus I've ever heard about: the CryptoLocker. It's a ransomware trojan virus and it can get on your computer if you open an amazon email attachment, I'm telling you this because many people have said that the only way out of the virus is: pay $400 to decrypt the virus within 72 hours. Otherwise, your files will be deleted (in some cases) or your files will be heavily scrambled like a 24x24 Rubiks Cube. I'm sorry if I broke any rules, better to know now than after.
Haha, ive gotten millions of viruses on my old computers (I got 30 really cheap ones that are spares, and sometimes taken apart for use of parts, ones a new 4000$ Aroura something, i dont remember the names) But im one of the Moderators on Craftbukkit, and ive tested bunches of plugins on their and about half of them were idiots who just wanna spread viruses (And ive closed those kinds of plugins from downloads lots of times) and, so I bet on WBO im the one who gets more viruses than anyone here! (About 1 virus a day on each computer, my 4000$ computer is the one i dont use for this, simply because its for gaming)
(Feb. 14, 2014  2:48 AM)OwnageDerp Wrote: I'm sorry for necroing the thread, but I am going to talk about the worst virus I've ever heard about: the CryptoLocker. It's a ransomware trojan virus and it can get on your computer if you open an amazon email attachment, I'm telling you this because many people have said that the only way out of the virus is: pay $400 to decrypt the virus within 72 hours. Otherwise, your files will be deleted (in some cases) or your files will be heavily scrambled like a 24x24 Rubiks Cube. I'm sorry if I broke any rules, better to know now than after.

That virus is easy to get rid of IF you know how to. Many tutorials can be found on how. Ransom ware is frightening to those inexperienced, as they will try any way they can tr retrieve their computer/files.

(Feb. 27, 2014  10:17 PM)Meeper Wrote: Haha, ive gotten millions of viruses on my old computers (I got 30 really cheap ones that are spares, and sometimes taken apart for use of parts, ones a new 4000$ Aroura something, i dont remember the names) But im one of the Moderators on Craftbukkit, and ive tested bunches of plugins on their and about half of them were idiots who just wanna spread viruses (And ive closed those kinds of plugins from downloads lots of times) and, so I bet on WBO im the one who gets more viruses than anyone here! (About 1 virus a day on each computer, my 4000$ computer is the one i dont use for this, simply because its for gaming)

It truely depends on what "viruses" these people are trying to spread. Trojans would be most common, I'd say. I hope you've taken steps to prevent others from being infected, ha.
hey, ya, i remember when i got roblox my cumputer started acting wierd, it's wierd how we kinda have the same problem:p
my problems on craftbukkit when it comes to testing, i added the rule on "No Virus-spreading Plugins" but rules on there simply don't work for nobody reads them. we are making it where the user has to view the rules every time they come on. but on that factor, viruses on craftbukkit are common, and usally they are lag viruses, simply done viruses that fills your ram near full, for me these kinds of viruses are easy to fix, but they are annoying as **** and take some technical know-how to fix (And most people on craftbukkit dont have that know-how to fix this virus)
Mainly how these viruses are done is blank ram, several thousand gigabytes of ram used for absolutely nothing but lag.

now I KNOW this is a virus not on a computer but this is the thread perfect for this but my RC car (Tacon Thriller SCT 1/14 scale) got a memory virus on its controller and the ESC and lost all trim and dual rates memory. (This virus is rare on R/C models but if not dealt with, it can lead to a very very bad day, especially on giant R/C helicopters and cars)
And trim is aligning the steering on helicopters or cars, and dual rates is adjusting the sensitivity of the control. lost near all control of the car because and it crashed into a poor kid at 56mph (This thing weighs 8 pounds) this disaster was caused by a memory virus in the controls.
Sorry if saying about viruses on R/C cars is too off-topic.
(Feb. 28, 2014  6:16 AM)Meeper Wrote: my problems on craftbukkit when it comes to testing, i added the rule on "No Virus-spreading Plugins" but rules on there simply don't work for nobody reads them. we are making it where the user has to view the rules every time they come on. but on that factor, viruses on craftbukkit are common, and usally they are lag viruses, simply done viruses that fills your ram near full, for me these kinds of viruses are easy to fix, but they are annoying as **** and take some technical know-how to fix (And most people on craftbukkit dont have that know-how to fix this virus)
Mainly how these viruses are done is blank ram, several thousand gigabytes of ram used for absolutely nothing but lag.

now I KNOW this is a virus not on a computer but this is the thread perfect for this but my RC car (Tacon Thriller SCT 1/14 scale) got a memory virus on its controller and the ESC and lost all trim and dual rates memory. (This virus is rare on R/C models but if not dealt with, it can lead to a very very bad day, especially on giant R/C helicopters and cars)
And trim is aligning the steering on helicopters or cars, and dual rates is adjusting the sensitivity of the control. lost near all control of the car because and it crashed into a poor kid at 56mph (This thing weighs 8 pounds) this disaster was caused by a memory virus in the controls.
Sorry if saying about viruses on R/C cars is too off-topic.
Easy to fix but in another thread you claim to have gone through 30 laptops in the process? Also, I'm pretty sure anyone who thinks people uploading viruses will stop if it's explicitly stated in the rules is not going to be making rules anywhere, especially not in a relatively competently-staffed project like CraftBukkit (which I know for a fact has plenty of people knowledgeable about computers enough that they know "several thousand gigabytes of ram" is a ludicrous figure given even the largest dedicated minecraft servers would be running well below even a tenth of that (32GB is generally considered somewhat excessive) - a project which I also know does not see particularly many virus uploads (the primary thing is griefers uploading plugins with intentional security flaws, for example auto-opping certain clients)). So, again it sounds like you're making completely ridiculous claims - I'm not sure why, perhaps to big-note yourself, but to anyone with even an elementary understanding of technology you come across as a particularly bad liar, and it's kinda tiresome.
For what it's worth, using http://canihostaminecraftserver.com/ putting in various speeds and RAM, if you somehow had 50 megabits/s up and down (the figure HK was the first to break in Q3 2012, thus very unlikely), you won't get more players with a ludicrous 1000GB of RAM than you do with 16GB (the lowest common figure I found that gives the same). If you had 100 megabits/s up and down, it's no better than 32GB (maxing out at an advised 303 simultaneous connections plus potentially the host system), and you're looking at a ludicrous figure per month for hosting with that amount of RAM for a minecraft server anyway - and there sure as heck aint no one offering 1000GB RAM Servers because generally people with low-end Supercomputers have better things to do with them than set them up to host Minecraft servers.
tl;dr: if you're going to base so much of your persona on this site around a lie, please do a better job of it.

If this RC thing has such an effect, and given how large an online presence the RC Hobby community has, it's rather strange then that I cannot find anything about that kind of RC Car Controller Virus, I mean it sounds completely ridiculous anyway (because how exactly would it get there in the first place????), and as such, could you perhaps provide some documentation/discussion of it from other sites to prove that it is at least a thing that exists?
If this RC thing has such an effect, and given how large an online presence the RC Hobby community has, it's rather strange then that I cannot find anything about that kind of RC Car Controller Virus, I mean it sounds completely ridiculous anyway (because how exactly would it get there in the first place????), and as such, could you perhaps provide some documentation/discussion of it from other sites to prove that it is at least a thing that exists?
[/quote]
my R/C is a Tacon Thriller, a very hard to get and unknown (Unknown as in there are only a few who even know this model exists) R/C but every person said it has had this, (You download things from a real computer to set dual rates and trim, if the download contains a virus, then it goes on the controller, only Avast anti-virus doesnt help me on this, so its harder to spot) and its a Tacon Thriller not a well-known traxxas slash, my rc im right now trying to get its company well known by racing this thing, my rc if i said to just about anyone i have an R/C Tacon Thriller SCT, just about everyone would say, whats that car, never heard of it!
and the virus is one we discovered ourselves, we named it the "memory virus" Because it deletes all controller model memory, we posted a thread on URC forums about this and if anyone else faced this. we got several replies and all but one said their controller had it before.
the other was just plain new and had not faced it because his rc is not even hobby level (He said his New Bright Mud Slinger has not ever got it, thats not a hobby level rc, no toy rc controller has model memory or trim) but still its just started getting well known.
Nobody really has made a site about it though.
Sorry if this huge post is spam but when it comes to rc I dont just "not reply."
and secondly I have 8 years of experience on R/C cars and heli's there almost nothing in R/C i dont know.

Now to reply to the rest:
ok canihostserver.com is so not really answering, I actually HAVE a server I have on my main server 24-35 people on, I answered all the things correctly, but it said, that with that setup you can host 0 players.
and BEFORE you go, "whats the ip" our server is in beta and so no players other than friends and staff can go on until 1.8 is realeased.
and secondly, i have not lied, just to get that through with. now after that, im done on this thread, time to explore other ones!
So... This new virus came to town: PCTechHotline. The thing with this is that it puts it's logo on the strip above the web page, and it self installs itself on a random file. My dad has it, and I can't for the life of me remove the darn thing. I need help, and this virus already blocked access to removal tutorials, and the last place to find a removal guide is here. Thanks in advance.
Basic idea of all of them is - first, uninstall it like any other program through the add/remove programs. It'll still leave stuff in your computer you don't want, so get adwcleaner, run a scan, clean it up, then do the same with malwarebytes.

Let me know if you can't get downloads for them and I'll rehost their executables for you.
What is spyware?
(Sep. 29, 2014  11:56 PM)~Emperor_Elite~ Wrote: What is spyware?
Spyware is software that aids in gathering information about a person or organization without their knowledge and that may send such information to another entity without the consumer's consent, or that asserts control over a computer without the consumer's knowledge.
Thanks.
What do you guys think of the virus app Sweep Master?
I want to download it on Kindle to protect from viruses but idk if it's trustworthy
For stay on topic, anybody ever meet the magic Coupon Downloader ? I took me around a week to delete it --'
(Sep. 30, 2014  12:05 AM)|BeyBouncer| Wrote: For stay on topic, anybody ever meet the magic Coupon Downloader ? I took me around a week to delete it --'

Never heard of it. How was it hard to delete?
Try Bonzi Buddy. No viruses at all.
TOTALLY NONE

RIGHT
(Sep. 30, 2014  12:31 AM)OwnageDerp Wrote:
(Sep. 30, 2014  12:05 AM)|BeyBouncer| Wrote: For stay on topic, anybody ever meet the magic Coupon Downloader ? I took me around a week to delete it --'

Never heard of it. How was it hard to delete?

First I tried to corrupt manually the files of the program, but it not worked. I couldn't even delete it, so I uninstalled Internet Explorer and reset it. After that it was ok. Coupon Downloader make you see some words on Internet in blue color and underlined. When the cursor of your mouse get on one of theses words, you have a pub link, for make it short it is really boring.
A couple weeks ago, one of my classrooms private laptops started having the most hilarious problem with the screen, the screen was rainbow colours, except for the bottom-right corner. The teacher banned the kids, Chris and Carter, I think, from playing what she described as "silly minecraft games", scared that the silly minecraft game gave them a virus. When the electrician came, he said the screen just must have gotton a fluid on it at some point. Later, the kids confessed to spilling chocolate milk on it XD