Burst Limited Unban Proposal: Unban Spriggan Requiem

After a decent amount of testing, it has shown that if unbanned, Spriggan Requiem wouldn't be OP like we thought.
Tests from me and BuilderROB:
(Aug. 27, 2020  9:26 PM)#Fafnir Wrote:
Tons of Tests (Click to View)
(Aug. 27, 2020  6:41 PM)#Fafnir Wrote:
More Tests (Click to View)
I would like to express my support because with layers like Geist Fafnir, Buster Xcalibur, and Flame saggitarius allowed I think that it is reasonable to allow Spriggan Requiem, and if not Spriggan Requiem at least spryzen requiem should be allowed.
I think Spriggan Requiem is too good.
It’s trashed than Z Achilles
(Aug. 27, 2020  9:44 PM)g2_ Wrote: I think Spriggan Requiem is too good.

The many tests say otherwise. A few Cho-Z layers have been allowed, as well as new drivers which makes me think Spriggan Requiem is not really OP, and therefore not too good.
(Aug. 27, 2020  9:45 PM)SunBlader98 Wrote: It’s trashed than Z Achilles

As much as I like Achilles I think that Spriggan Requiem is actually betterUnhappy

(Aug. 27, 2020  9:57 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:

The many tests say otherwise. A few Cho-Z layers have been allowed, as well as new drivers which makes me think Spriggan Requiem is not really OP, and therefore not too good.

It’s kind of funny how they allowed Flame Saggitarius (I actually don’t know the spelling but you should get the point right?)
(Aug. 27, 2020  9:57 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:

I'll do some testing too, if you're interested.
(Aug. 27, 2020  9:59 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2020  9:57 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: The many tests say otherwise. A few Cho-Z layers have been allowed, as well as new drivers which makes me think Spriggan Requiem is not really OP, and therefore not too good.
I'll do some testing too, if you're interested.

That would be good. Let’s try Spriggan Requiem (Left Spin) 0Cross Atomic against Sieg Xcalibur 0Expand Ultimate Reboot’ (Sliding Shoot).
(Aug. 27, 2020  10:01 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2020  9:59 PM)g2_ Wrote: I'll do some testing too, if you're interested.

That would be good. Let’s try Spriggan Requiem (Left Spin) 0Cross Atomic against Sieg Xcalibur 0Expand Ultimate Reboot’ (Sliding Shoot).
Just curious, why not use Buster?
(Aug. 27, 2020  10:02 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2020  10:01 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: That would be good. Let’s try Spriggan Requiem (Left Spin) 0Cross Atomic against Sieg Xcalibur 0Expand Ultimate Reboot’ (Sliding Shoot).
Just curious, why not use Buster?

Try Buster first actually. Then try Sieg.
You tried it against 4 whole layers. Unhappy
(Aug. 27, 2020  10:57 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: You tried it against 4 whole layers. Unhappy
Yes, but those layers are good at what they do.
It also was beaten by those layers pretty easily. If it can be countered by these layers like this, I don't see a point in keeping it banned.
(Aug. 27, 2020  11:16 PM)#Fafnir Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2020  10:57 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: You tried it against 4 whole layers. Unhappy
Yes, but those layers are good at what they do.
It also was beaten by those layers pretty easily. If it can be countered by these layers like this, I don't see a point in keeping it banned.

I agree with DeceasedCrab. We do need to test it out against more layers for sure. I’ll be able to get some testing in the testing thread soon, so we’ll see just how well it does.
(Aug. 27, 2020  11:19 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2020  11:16 PM)#Fafnir Wrote: Yes, but those layers are good at what they do.

I agree with DeceasedCrab. We do need to test it out against more layers for sure. I’ll be able to get some testing in the testing thread soon, so we’ll see just how well it does.

I might trade for Geist Fafnir with power sometime soon so I could test with that (I have better parts as well)
Spriggan Requiem should never be unbanned in left spin. It beats Drain Fafnir (and therefore all over left spin options) in same spin performance and has better defensive properties than dF (unsure if as defensive as gF) without any LAD reduction like gF. Since Drain Fafnir is a really well balanced left spin layer for Burst Limited, I do not want a straight upgrade.

Just a few issues to point out with these tests: First three tests using Twin Nemesis are literally better LAD setups for tN vs poorer LAD set ups for Sr. If you wanted a real comparison, Sr would be Destroy (because its the best LAD option). Using 5Wall instead of 0 or 7 just leaves you light and easier to KO. I simply do not believe that Requiem (left) would be easily KO'd by zA and tN, given how powerful weak launching is. Also tests are supposed to be 20 battles (though 10 is fine if its one-sided). Same spin stamina and vs nL/bL need to be done.

DeceasedCrab saying "You tried it against 4 whole layers." is a poor argument though because its the quality of the layers that matters. In this case: 1 same spin opponent for a LAD test (that didn't use frames so its a bit weird), 2 right spin attack opponents, and 1 right spin stam-def hybrid using a defense-LAD driver.

Now, I wouldn't mind trying out Spriggan Requiem in RIGHT SPIN ONLY for Limited. But that's completely different. Though it could turn out to be as powerful as aH4/sA.
(Aug. 28, 2020  7:29 AM)AirKingNeo Wrote: Same spin stamina and vs nL/bL need to be done.

Spriggan Requiem (Left Spin) 0Cross Atomic Vs Bloody Longinus 00Expand Ultimate Reboot’. I did ten rounds.

Results:

Spriggan Requiem: 60% (6 OS’)

Bloody Longinus: 40% (4 Burst’s)

How are the clicks on Spriggan Requiem? Mine feel between average to good. Maybe more like good.
Love the tests #Fafnir! It's great to see Limited testing threads like these and your proposal has already come to the team's attention for future ban / unban considerations.

With individual threads like this one where a very specific argument is being made, I would highly recommend adding in videos of your tests. Factors such as launch, part wear, and unintentional testing bias can influence your results pretty significantly and I'd love to understand the other factors at play here. Happy to provide my own testing and videos at a later point as well.
I really feel like this would just be so OP. Like if we’re considering a ban on things like H4 and sA, I think this would be on that level if not better
(Aug. 28, 2020  11:44 PM)bladekid Wrote: I really feel like this would just be so OP. Like if we’re considering a ban on things like H4 and sA, I think this would be on that level if not better

It’s definitely beatable for opposite spin stamina. It’s able to be Outspun by things such as Arc Bahamut and Deep Chaos on the exact same combos. I wouldn’t mind doing same spin testing though, just in case that ends up being a problem by any means.
(Aug. 28, 2020  11:49 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Aug. 28, 2020  11:44 PM)bladekid Wrote: I really feel like this would just be so OP. Like if we’re considering a ban on things like H4 and sA, I think this would be on that level if not better

It’s definitely beatable for opposite spin stamina. It’s able to be Outspun by things such as Arc Bahamut and Deep Chaos on the exact same combos. I wouldn’t mind doing same spin testing though, just in case that ends up being a problem by any means.
I mean sure, you can OS it, but you can also OS things like G3 and K4. All I’m saying if you have to think of the defense to stamina ratio. Something with a balanced stamina to defense ratio would be T3, as it has moderately high stamina with decent defense. Something with an unbalanced ratio would be something like H4, as it has moderately high stamina, but very high defense. I am to assume if the TT Sr is anything like the hasbro SrS3, it definitely doesn’t fit into that ratio.
(Aug. 29, 2020  12:20 AM)bladekid Wrote:
(Aug. 28, 2020  11:49 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: It’s definitely beatable for opposite spin stamina. It’s able to be Outspun by things such as Arc Bahamut and Deep Chaos on the exact same combos. I wouldn’t mind doing same spin testing though, just in case that ends up being a problem by any means.
I mean sure, you can OS it, but you can also OS things like G3 and K4. All I’m saying if you have to think of the defense to stamina ratio. Something with a balanced stamina to defense ratio would be T3, as it has moderately high stamina with decent defense. Something with an unbalanced ratio would be something like H4, as it has moderately high stamina, but very high defense. I am to assume if the TT Sr is anything like the hasbro SrS3, it definitely doesn’t fit into that ratio.

I feel the slopes as well as Hasbro Bearing existing makes SrS3 better than TT Sr. Sr’s defense isn’t really that OP though, and the attackers allowed in Limited can beat it for sure. This video right here I think shows that:
(Aug. 27, 2020  9:31 PM)#Fafnir Wrote: After a decent amount of testing, it has shown that if unbanned, Spriggan Requiem wouldn't be OP like we thought.
Tests from me and BuilderROB:
(Aug. 27, 2020  9:26 PM)#Fafnir Wrote:
Tons of Tests (Click to View)
(Aug. 27, 2020  6:41 PM)#Fafnir Wrote:
More Tests (Click to View)

If you have any questions or need something done with Hasbro feel free to ask me
(Aug. 29, 2020  12:43 AM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Aug. 29, 2020  12:20 AM)bladekid Wrote: I mean sure, you can OS it, but you can also OS things like G3 and K4. All I’m saying if you have to think of the defense to stamina ratio. Something with a balanced stamina to defense ratio would be T3, as it has moderately high stamina with decent defense. Something with an unbalanced ratio would be something like H4, as it has moderately high stamina, but very high defense. I am to assume if the TT Sr is anything like the hasbro SrS3, it definitely doesn’t fit into that ratio.

I feel the slopes as well as Hasbro Bearing existing makes SrS3 better than TT Sr. Sr’s defense isn’t really that OP though, and the attackers allowed in Limited can beat it for sure. This video right here I think shows that:
I mean idk I'll have to do some more research, because maybe this is a J2 situation.
(Aug. 28, 2020  11:22 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: Love the tests #Fafnir! It's great to see Limited testing threads like these and your proposal has already come to the team's attention for future ban / unban considerations.

With individual threads like this one where a very specific argument is being made, I would highly recommend adding in videos of your tests. Factors such as launch, part wear, and unintentional testing bias can influence your results pretty significantly and I'd love to understand the other factors at play here. Happy to provide my own testing and videos at a later point as well.

I wish I could provide video tests, but I don't have a Youtube channel to upload videos to, and I'm not sure if my parents would approve lol.
I've been talking to BuilderROB about it, and I think he's going to help me out with this by uploading videos of tests to his Youtube channel
I can add what launchers I'm using, how I'm launching the beyblades, and part wear to the description of my tests if that helps.
(Aug. 29, 2020  12:43 AM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Aug. 29, 2020  12:20 AM)bladekid Wrote: I mean sure, you can OS it, but you can also OS things like G3 and K4. All I’m saying if you have to think of the defense to stamina ratio. Something with a balanced stamina to defense ratio would be T3, as it has moderately high stamina with decent defense. Something with an unbalanced ratio would be something like H4, as it has moderately high stamina, but very high defense. I am to assume if the TT Sr is anything like the hasbro SrS3, it definitely doesn’t fit into that ratio.

Something I find a little iffy about these tests is that there was not alternating launches, and instead Requiem was launched first, which doesn’t simulate an actual battle as well.