Burst Classic - New Format Feedback & Discussion

(Jan. 18, 2019  8:37 PM)~Mana~ Wrote: I don't know who decided Wolborg was great for attack? But from what I can see, it really isn't, at least against sR anyway. Please look forward to a last-minute Classic ruling update tonight, haha.

Yeah, I'm confused why you tried Wolborg for attack. I guess the shape is odd enough, but my experience was with stamina/defense customs for it.

On a related note to rulings, what about other Dash drivers like Vl', Z', Mr', B', Zt', and Ds'? Why are just X' and Hn' (and I presume Jl') allowed?
Why would you assume that? That's wrong. As of 1/19/19 Jolt' is still banned.

Xtreme' and Hunter' are probably the two exceptions to give attack types a much needed helping hand. Stamina and Defense really controlled the meta prior to God (and during and after God). I'm just guessing. I can't think of a good reason for them to be granted exceptions. I don't consider the reason I just suggested to be a good one.

If you allowed Destroy' it would dominate the meta entirely for Classic.
I am thinking that Odin might be a viable ban in the mode
(Jan. 19, 2019  10:31 PM)BurstMaster Wrote: I am thinking that Odin might be a viable ban in the mode

I am able to burst it with spriggan valkyrie or Excalibur on Extreme Dash I think we're good for right now but I haven't tested Odin on Extreme Dash tho
Great first event today here in the UK! Shall talk more about it tomorrow as I'm heading to bed now after travelling home, but it was a tonne of fun and there were so many interesting, diverse and viable combinations used! Looking forward to the next one! Smile
Can I use Slingshock Drivers in this format?
(Jan. 20, 2019  1:48 AM)ZYeYO Wrote:
(Jan. 19, 2019  10:31 PM)BurstMaster Wrote: I am thinking that Odin might be a viable ban in the mode

I am able to burst it with spriggan valkyrie or Excalibur on Extreme Dash I think we're good for right now but I haven't tested Odin on Extreme Dash tho

Have you tried Odin with eternal or orbit on weak launch
(Jan. 20, 2019  6:26 AM)BurstMaster Wrote:
(Jan. 20, 2019  1:48 AM)ZYeYO Wrote: I am able to burst it with spriggan valkyrie or Excalibur on Extreme Dash I think we're good for right now but I haven't tested Odin on Extreme Dash tho

Have you tried Odin with eternal or orbit on weak launch

I tested with Orbit and I was able to burst it but I didn't weak launch it tho so i test that tomorrow when I meet up with the Fremont community on Training Day with mage
(Jan. 20, 2019  12:23 PM)ZYeYO Wrote:
(Jan. 20, 2019  6:26 AM)BurstMaster Wrote: Have you tried Odin with eternal or orbit on weak launch

I tested with Orbit and I was able to burst it but I didn't weak launch it tho so i test that tomorrow when I meet up with the Fremont community on Training Day with mage

Sweet.
(Jan. 19, 2019  6:39 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Why would you assume that? That's wrong. As of 1/19/19 Jolt' is still banned.

Xtreme' and Hunter' are probably the two exceptions to give attack types a much needed helping hand. Stamina and Defense really controlled the meta prior to God (and during and after God). I'm just guessing. I can't think of a good reason for them to be granted exceptions. I don't consider the reason I just suggested to be a good one.

If you allowed Destroy' it would dominate the meta entirely for Classic.

Jolt' is very similar to Hunter' and Xtreme' They're all rubber attack drivers. That's why I made the assumption. Jolt' isn't out yet, so it wouldn't be listed yet.

If X' and Hn' are exceptions for attack, what about Vl', M', and other Dash drivers that are used for attack?

Could you explain how Destroy' would dominate? There are no viable left spin beys for any spin stealing shenanigans (I tried it, Dragoon doesn't work). There might be some good customs with it, but I can't think of anything game breaking.
Don't make assumptions. What is written is what it is.

"How about more exceptions for attack dash tips" no. Just no. Like I've said before, Xtreme' and Hunter' shouldn't even be in there, but they are.

Destroy is a very good tip. If you allow Destroy' with a stronger spring, then it would be even stronger, perhaps to the point of being overpowered in Classic.

We need Fewer dash tips allowed, not more.
Well im happy that there's finally a new format for burst but i really wanna ask why aren't we including turbo beys or at least the trash turbo beys in this format i mean if the other format (burst limited) is supposed to be focused on God layer stuff then i dont see any place for alot of the turbo beys due to the weight difference also imo despite the fact that the idea is to keep things classic i think we should allow 11,1,13 and all the frames i mean the aforementioned trash disks wont really find usage anywhere else
Edit: why is blast jinius tt banned?
Just to follow up; I do intend on reviewing Saturday's event! Just been kept busy the last few days unfortunately, haha. Should hopefully have something up tomorrow :)

To comment on concerns about Xtreme Dash though; I think it's somewhat needed after seeing the events of Saturday unfortunately, but I'd like to try some more Classic events before committing to a stance on that, haha.

I do agree that we don't need more Dash tips though, and I'll comment more on that in my writeup.
I really need a better understanding of what I can or can’t use. My deck isn’t that old, so I am confused on what I can use more then what is banned. Maybe I am to young to figure it out myself.
(Jan. 23, 2019  2:20 AM)jackpotgodzilla Wrote: I really need a better understanding of what I can or can’t use. My deck isn’t that old, so I am confused on what I can use more then what is banned. Maybe I am to young to figure it out myself.

Stick with Single and Dual Layer Parts other than Hasbro J2, TT and Hasbro L2, and TT D2, and you’re golden. Driver-wise, you cannot use Atomic or Bearing.
I made a google sheet for this. Mana and other committee members, go ahead and request edit access or make a copy of it in your control.
It lists all permitted and forbidden parts in Classic format.
It's 3 sheets. Be sure to click the Energy Layer, Forge Discs, and Performance Tips sheets.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing
(Jan. 23, 2019  4:10 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: I made a google sheet for this. Mana and other committee members, go ahead and request edit access or make a copy of it in your control.
It's 3 sheets. Be sure to click the Energy Layer, Forge Discs, and Performance Tips sheets.

Shadow Orichalcum is allowed?
(Jan. 23, 2019  4:21 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Shadow Orichalcum is allowed?

No. No it is not. I had a copy-paste error. Rather, Kreis Satan is allowed, and Shadow Orichalcum can remain... in the shadow realm.

So far just one goof! Maybe I only made the one.
(Jan. 23, 2019  4:10 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: I made a google sheet for this. Mana and other committee members, go ahead and request edit access or make a copy of it in your control.

Wait, why are all of the slingshock exclusive layers banned? For the most part they are literally just dual layers. You can ban things like kraken k4, but it actually doesn't make sense to ban things like blizzard X Gaianon for example.
(Jan. 23, 2019  5:51 AM)bladekid Wrote: Wait, why are all of the slingshock exclusive layers banned? For the most part they are literally just dual layers. You can ban things like kraken k4, but it actually doesn't make sense to ban things like blizzard X Gaianon for example.

You can ask Mana and the others. I just write em as they're written. If I see "All Turbo Layers" I don't question it, I just write it as written. If you think Blizzard-X Gaianon G4 should be permitted because it's a recolor of Gaianon G2, you take that up with the committee. Don't ask me, I just deliver em.
(Jan. 23, 2019  5:56 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Jan. 23, 2019  5:51 AM)bladekid Wrote: Wait, why are all of the slingshock exclusive layers banned? For the most part they are literally just dual layers. You can ban things like kraken k4, but it actually doesn't make sense to ban things like blizzard X Gaianon for example.

You can ask Mana and the others. I just write em as they're written. If I see "All Turbo Layers" I don't question it, I just write it as written. If you think Blizzard-X Gaianon G4 should be permitted because it's a recolor of Gaianon G2, you take that up with the committee. Don't ask me, I just deliver em.

They aren't banned. @[~Mana~] just needs to clarify what we mean with "All Turbo Layers" haha
(Jan. 23, 2019  5:56 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:

Oh, my bad. Thank you!

(Jan. 23, 2019  6:43 AM)The Supreme One Wrote:
(Jan. 23, 2019  5:56 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: You can ask Mana and the others. I just write em as they're written. If I see "All Turbo Layers" I don't question it, I just write it as written. If you think Blizzard-X Gaianon G4 should be permitted because it's a recolor of Gaianon G2, you take that up with the committee. Don't ask me, I just deliver em.

They aren't banned. @[~Mana~] just needs to clarify what we mean with "All Turbo Layers" haha

Oh good, as I put a bunch of them in my in my beycase, haha. Thanks for clarifying.
@[~Mana~] I tried asking you over Discord, but didn't get a response.

Are SlingShock -S Tips Permitted? And are the Hasbro Turbo recolors of Dual Layers permitted?
Right now Slingshock -S tips look like they're permitted because the driver bans are
"All Dash & Plus Drivers, except Xtreme' and Hunter'
Bearing (Hasbro only)
Atomic"
And -S tips aren't included in that.

Right now it looks like Hasbro Dual Layer recolors released as Turbos are banned because under Layer Bans it says
"All Turbo Layers"
But on the other hand, The Supreme One said
"They aren't banned. ~Mana~ just needs to clarify what we mean with "All Turbo Layers" haha"
So which is it? This affects the layers
Blizzard-X Gaianon G4, Dark-X Nepstrius N4, Flame-X Diomedes D4, Gold-X Betromoth B4, Iron-X Surtr S4, Lava-X Anubion A4, Lightning-X Istros I4, Poison-X Hyrus H4, Thorns-X Minoboros M4.
Silver-X Jormuntor J4 is a special case because that one's a recolor of Hasbro J2, which is already specifically banned.
(Jan. 25, 2019  10:02 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: @[~Mana~] I tried asking you over Discord, but didn't get a response.

Are SlingShock -S Tips Permitted? And are the Hasbro Turbo recolors of Dual Layers permitted?
Right now Slingshock -S tips look like they're permitted because the driver bans are
"All Dash & Plus Drivers, except Xtreme' and Hunter'
Bearing (Hasbro only)
Atomic"
And -S tips aren't included in that.

Right now it looks like Hasbro Dual Layer recolors released as Turbos are banned because under Layer Bans it says
"All Turbo Layers"
But on the other hand, The Supreme One said
"They aren't banned. ~Mana~ just needs to clarify what we mean with "All Turbo Layers" haha"
So which is it? This affects the layers
Blizzard-X Gaianon G4, Dark-X Nepstrius N4, Flame-X Diomedes D4, Gold-X Betromoth B4, Iron-X Surtr S4, Lava-X Anubion A4, Lightning-X Istros I4, Poison-X Hyrus H4, Thorns-X Minoboros M4.
Silver-X Jormuntor J4 is a special case because that one's a recolor of Hasbro J2, which is already specifically banned.
The layers with Silver, Thorns, Etc are just recolors of the originals so they should be allowed