Aug

Beyblade East Part 1

Havertown, PA
Tournament Results
Paddock Farms Park
178 W Hillcrest Ave
  Meet at the tennis courts (updates may occur)
12:30 on 08/03/2019
Format
Burst

Most official Beyblade Burst gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
0 cash  

We are looking into a indoor venue in PA not Havertown so everyone in PA is connected.

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Any questions please inform me we would like to make the tournament  enjoyable 

Host’s
Me
Cohost’s
Natedogphilly 
Ardomore bladers
Common pickle

Prizes:
updated soon

Location updates
(None yet)

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

I would buy the tripod is it a small one or big
(Jul. 25, 2019  2:17 AM)MrBlade Wrote: For anyone into Metal Fight I have some spare Metal Fight parts to sell/trade at the tournament if anyone is interested.
Ok. I'd be interested.
(Jul. 25, 2019  2:40 AM)Hyper xeno Wrote: I would buy the tripod is it a small one or big

Its small and it was $30. It looks like a dog and has four adjustable legs. It's not good in terms of size, and you would have to be like 200 IQ to get it to be taller. Other than that's it is in perfect condition.
My son is 8 and very excited for his first tournament. Is there anything in particular I should know about it? Any tips?
(Jul. 25, 2019  12:14 PM)J.Million Wrote: My son is 8 and very excited for his first tournament. Is there anything in particular I should know about it? Any tips?
Yes, we are using one of the more complex, but better formats in this particular tournaments. It is called Swiss Format. Since your son is 8 years old, you would have to tell him everything. (you prob know this already but still) Make sure your/your son's items are in reach/sight. Your son can use other people's beyblade only if they allow him to do so. That's just some things I know, if you need anything else just PM me and i will reply asap.
Each battle in the first stage is a "first to 3 points wins" match. Your son will likely play 5 or 6 matches against opponents with similar win records during the tournament. Your son will get to play at least 5 times, so don't go home if they don't win right away. If they are in the top 8 out of all participants after their matches, they will get to go to the finals single elimination bracket, where the matches are "first to 5 points wins", KOs are worth an extra point, and bursts remain worth 2 points (like they are in the initial 5-6 matches).

In first stage matches, you select one bey in secret, and use that. Anyone in the finals will need to set up 3 beys in secret per match instead of 1, with non-repeating parts.

Study the official rulebook if you want. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kg58...hsZYE/edit
(Jul. 25, 2019  12:14 PM)J.Million Wrote: My son is 8 and very excited for his first tournament. Is there anything in particular I should know about it? Any tips?

Make Sure To Make A WBO Account For Your Son If This Isn't His Account Already
6 rounds for the tournament I am thinking about double elimination what are your guys thoughts
(Jul. 25, 2019  4:36 PM)Hyper xeno Wrote: 6 rounds  for the tournament I am thinking about double elimination what are your guys thoughts
I’m sure many players would much rather play 6 round Swiss. Wink
(Jul. 25, 2019  4:36 PM)Hyper xeno Wrote: 6 rounds  for the tournament I am thinking about double elimination what are your guys thoughts

I hate this idea. I'm very opposed to double elimination. It means a lot of people will go home early and unhappy, or not attend at all. Most bladers won't even realize you're using double elimination until it's over for them.

Please don't choose double elimination.
Hey Xeno, I was wondering if I can be a judge at the tournament. I have a lot of experience with being a judge, but not in WBO tournaments tho.

Does anybody have an extra tri pod i can use/buy
I will be selling a Blue Sword Launcher for $25 at the tournament. PM me if you are interested.
Is it digital sword launcher

If you want to judge arrive a hour early to go over rules and how the tournament will run

There have been some problems with judges call in the past
(Jul. 26, 2019  7:11 PM)Hyper xeno Wrote: Is it digital sword launcher

If you want to judge arrive a hour early to go over rules and how the tournament will run

There have been some problems with judges call in the past

1. No it is not a DSL,

2. Maybe I'll be there. Wow
I get there 3 hours early 1 hour to get a spot 1 hour to set up and practice 1 hour to practice and wait for people to arrive and I wake up at 6 and leave at 7

guys if you unregister from please let me know so it is easier to fix the bracket
(Jul. 27, 2019  2:46 AM)RaitonXDBlader Wrote: I is it $5 entry cause it says $0 entry
Entry fees are currently waived Joyful_3.
Nah I couldn’t do the fee

If anyone is interested in joining the PA/MD/VA team https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Team-bey-flare

Or https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-VA-and-...s-Bearings
Since I accidentally bought another Archer Hercules i'll be selling it at the tournament for $20
Aka (Archer Hercules.13.Eternal)
Man I'm missing out on such a great tourney hopefully there's another one in August lol
Thank you so much for sharing all the info about what I need to know for my son. He is so excited! Got some new beyblades and even invited a friend to join. I'm going to see how to switch the account to his name, so if you don't hear back from this account, I was successful Smile Thanks again! See you next weekend!
How to switch the account to his name:
You can't. Open a new one specifically for your son.
Darn! I wish I could come! It's 2 hours from where I live. Unhappy
(Jul. 28, 2019  6:27 PM)SS2 Blader Wrote: Darn! I wish I could come! It's 2 hours from where I live. Unhappy
I wish it was only 2 hours from where I live lol