Beyblade Burst WORLD Championships 2018 [11/03/18 - Paris, France]

No, this is ridiculous hahaha! Only layers were announced, yeah and the rest of the combos? I watched a little bit of the tournament by live streaming, and i didn't get if only Hasbro parts were allowed to attend or both Hasbeys and TT ones. Too many mysteries there. Maybe FBI, KGB or CIA wanted to keep the secret cause beys could reveal some States' secrets. Again. Just ridiculous.

Pool1

Pool2

Pool3

Pool4

Quater Final

Semi Final

3rd Place

Final

Accolade
Just 2 things:
Don't you guys think that the 2 cameras bladers use to make the online viewers see their beys from the layer resemble a lot the ones in the table of every poker tournament, players use'em to show their cards to the viewers? By the way, where are sunglasses? You know, they're used not to show any emotion to the competitors and this tournament looks much more like a Montecarlo poker challenge than what it was supposed to be. That's why players should've worn those XD
And Spryzen Requiem S3 is no longer banned? Maybe that's a wbo rule only?
(Nov. 04, 2018  6:23 PM)bblader/90 Wrote: Just  2 things:
Don't you guys think that the 2 cameras bladers use to make the online viewers see their beys from the layer resemble a lot the ones in the table of every poker tournament, players use'em to show their cards to the viewers? By the way, where are sunglasses? You know, they're used not to show any emotion to the competitors and this tournament looks much more like a  Montecarlo poker challenge than what it was supposed to be. That's why players should've worn those XD
And Spryzen Requiem S3 is no longer banned? Maybe that's a wbo rule only?

Hasbro only banned Garuda, which is why there is no Garuda starter pack in the tournament package.
(Nov. 04, 2018  6:31 AM)@ya.dama Wrote: can anyone send pictures of the finalists here? thanks

Captured from Beyblade Taiwan's Facebook page:

[Image: ECiBiY3.jpg]

[Image: Zafr1gl.jpg]
...I am here to apologize. I saw higher in the thread that the main judge during the pool did a big mistake by stoping the beys too early and i am even more upset than you because... i was this judge. I want to be honest and denounce myself, I can't hide more
I am not a noob, i began beyblade 8 years ago, I am a competitive player and i know the rules, all the problems of "almost draw" which can happen during a L vs R battle, the LAD of Br and At and even predicted few weeks ago the winning combos of this tournament, Beyblade is my life...
Blader Ken taught me and to all other referee all the proceedings and the rules to apply in the tournament (show the beys used, the penalty if the players mislaunched 2 times a round...) And I was announced to be the main referee, because of my better knowledge about the game.
But the world championship was really important to me and... i stressed.... too much, it was also my first time as a judge
Blader Ken warned me during the pool about this problem. But it was only 2 days after, when I watched the video that i realised the size of my mistake... I can't even understand myself. I can't give you the reason of this, because there is not (except the stress). BOTH BEYS WERE FULLY SPINNING !!!!!ARRRGGHH. You can find me and launch tomatoes to me if you want i'm ok. I feel so bad and guilty :/ And this happened during a match with Adem, the french champion. I like him, he his adorable, but I did not wanted to give him an advantage, i am sincere.
Anyway, My apologize to the players, and all the bladers universe.

Also. I saw some complaints about the combos which were not fully announced, only the layer.
I know all the names and Storm & Light too. The other judges on the sides no.
I could have say the names of the combos, but i didn't have a microphone, and if I told to Storm or Light it would have taken time and broke the flow (it was almost impossible considering the noise around us).

Except these problems, the all event was really good i think and all the players had fun, they even continue to play together at the hotel
Again : Sorry for my mistakes
Mistakes do happen, but besides that you guys all the French beyblader enthusiastic did an amazing job in all levels, you should be proud of that, this is an event that will stay in our memories for life. Congratulations
(Nov. 06, 2018  6:48 PM)Ryuk_Shinigami Wrote: ...I am here to apologize. I saw higher in the thread that the main judge during the pool did a big mistake by stoping the beys too early and i am even more upset than you because... i was this judge. I want to be honest and denounce myself, I can't hide more
I am not a noob, i began beyblade 8 years ago, I am a competitive player and i know the rules, all the problems of "almost draw" which can happen during a L vs R battle, the LAD of Br and At and even predicted few weeks ago the winning combos of this tournament, Beyblade is my life...
Blader Ken taught me and to all other referee all the proceedings and the rules to apply in the tournament (show the beys used, the penalty if the players mislaunched 2 times a round...) And I was announced to be the main referee, because of my better knowledge about the game.
But the world championship was really important to me and... i stressed.... too much, it was also my first time as a judge
Blader Ken warned me during the pool about this problem. But it was only 2 days after, when I watched the video that i realised the size of my mistake... I can't even understand myself. I can't give you the reason of this, because there is not (except the stress). BOTH BEYS WERE FULLY SPINNING !!!!!ARRRGGHH. You can find me and launch tomatoes to me if you want i'm ok. I feel so bad and guilty Uncertain And this happened during a match with Adem, the french champion. I like him, he his adorable, but I did not wanted to give him an advantage, i am sincere.

Also. I saw some complaints about the combos which were not fully announced, only the layer.
I could have say the names of the combos, but i didn't have a microphone, and if I told to Storm or Light it would have taken time and broke the flow (it was almost impossible considering the noise around us).

Except these problems, the all event was really good i think and all the players had fun, they even continue to play together at the hotel
Thank you for having the courage to offer a sincere apology.  We all want the event to be perfect but nothing is ever perfect.  And I can only imagine the stress you were under.  I think you are right about the event being overall very positive.
(Nov. 06, 2018  6:48 PM)Ryuk_Shinigami Wrote: ...I am here to apologize. I saw higher in the thread that the main judge during the pool did a big mistake by stoping the beys too early and i am even more upset than you because... i was this judge. I want to be honest and denounce myself, I can't hide more
Blader Ken warned me during the pool about this problem. But it was only 2 days after, when I watched the video that i realised the size of my mistake... I can't even understand myself. I can't give you the reason of this, because there is not (except the stress). BOTH BEYS WERE FULLY SPINNING !!!!!ARRRGGHH. You can find me and launch tomatoes to me if you want i'm ok. I feel so bad and guilty Uncertain And this happened during a match with Adem, the french champion. I like him, he his adorable, but I did not wanted to give him an advantage, i am sincere.

The best way to learn are from mistakes. I'm sure this incident will only make you into a much better judge in future tournaments. (it will also be great experience for you to pass on to other future judges) Controlling/managing stress is a difficult thing, so keep that chin up you did great!
that was a very sincere apology and we accepted it. hopefully from here on, you learn from yout mistakes buddy Grin
Hey my friend you made an honest mistake and owned up to it, we'll only toss free beyblades at you for keeping.
Thank you for taking part in judging.
It was awesome so I did a review. In case you're wondering, I gave credits for the pictures in the bideo's description on YouTube.
(Nov. 03, 2018  10:26 AM)Kei Wrote: First match featured was Philippines versus Estonia and the Philippines player used Sr Br and dC, while Estonia used stock bR and dF ... Just the combo selection says so much about the different level some players are on.

And they’re showing the Beyblades on camera before each match briefly, but aren’t announcing the exact combos for some reason ...

It's probably because they dont know the names of the parts besides the layers.
Anybody knows the winning combo from Latvia:
Spryzen Requiem S3
Disc ?????
Performance tip (looked Bearing to me, video was slowed down to 0,25x and still, i'm not sure about that Grin)
(Nov. 26, 2018  6:06 PM)marutti Wrote: Champion Combo revealed
https://corocoro.jp/23126/
Awesome, thanks marutti!!!
(Nov. 26, 2018  6:06 PM)marutti Wrote: Champion Combo revealed
https://corocoro.jp/23126/

Nice to see!

However, it raises the eternal question: why exactly does Hasbro not see the value in articles like this? Or even posting the list of combinations on their social media channels? But, I digress.
[video=youtube]http:https://youtu.be/dAglOl0IAvQ//[/video]

Video above was wbbamy's G1 hope this post would encourge more players to join up, we have a community full of 20-30 year old who meet up on a regular basis at wbba events and community events (that I'm not allowed to post here) but if ur in Malaysian you should Already be apart of the group if not its not that hard to find ??. If you are wondering that's me right in the video judging all the way to the finals.

https://youtu.be/dAglOl0IAvQ
https://youtu.be/hCaMJB0ADFQ
Awesome, thanks for sharing @[BeycentralMY]! I've merged your thread with the World Championship thread as this was a qualifer for it.

Are the rules used and winning combinations for this event posted anywhere?

We'd also love to work with you guys to host WBO tournaments in Malaysia. Let us know if you're interested and we'd be happy to help however we can! Maybe a good way to start would be to have a day with two tournaments: one of your regular events, and then a WBO tournament. You can learn the Top 10 Reasons To Host Your Beyblade Tournament With worldbeyblade.org here if you aren't aware of the benefits we offer.
[quote pid='1423881' dateline='1520961695']
As per our own conversation with Hasbro Reps at the NYTF 2018 it seems the finalists will be using one type of bey and will most likely will be Hasbro, but it's not for sure right now. I'll keep the community posted as we have more news and details.
[/quote]
Hopefully, next year will allow for TT beys, people over 13(rip), and actually, hold qualifiers in more areas(not every Californian lives in LA or Sacramento!!!)