Los Angeles, California
Tournament Results
Grand Park
200 N Grand Ave
  Meet near Grand Park Playground
12: 00 PM on 04/29/2018
Format
Burst

Most official Beyblade Burst gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
5 cash  or Free with Passport*

Free entry with Blader Passport

Support the WBO by purchasing a Blader Passport and get unlimited access to WBO tournaments and monthly giveaways of new releases!

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

BeybLAde: Infinity Wars

Hosts/Judges
JoJo [Jp0t], Alta, ThaKingTai

Format
Burst

Event Schedule
10:30 AM - 11:30 AM: Registration*
11:30 AM - 11:45 AM: Bracket Set-up
11:45 AM - 12:00 PM: Announcements
12:00 PM: Tournament Starts**
*We will be enforcing a strict cut-off time for registration to start the tournament on time.
**Tournaments can run up to 4 hours. Please make sure you have your day cleared for this event.

Meeting Spot
Grand Park Playground (Underlined in red)
The red star in the image below indicates the tournament spot. This is the large grassy area in front of LA City Hall. If you get lost, please contact one of the hosts or keep checking back on this thread. If needed, I will provide more map images and directions here in the discussion.
[Image: woMglFb.png]

Parking
The nearest parking lot is Classic Parking in between N Hill St and N Broadway St. $10 for all-day parking.
[Image: 0mCknuc.png]

Prizes
Garuda G3, Jinnius J3, and Fafnir F3 (Green ver.)
1st place gets first choice of the prize pool.
2nd place gets second choice.
3rd place gets the remaining prize.
A raffle will be held for players who did not make it to the finals.
Raffle prizes: Legend Spryzen S3 and Dual Threat Launcher

Other Important Notes
- Make sure you already have a WBO account created before you come to the event.
- Please be respectful to all players and their belongings.
- Bring food and water for yourself as this will be an all-day event.
- Have fun!

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

SWEET! IM DEFINATELY COMING! also is it ok if my dad shares a bey deck with me plus his favourite? i only have 4 beys but they are good ones
(Apr. 23, 2018  4:35 AM)vvakhaze Wrote: SWEET! IM DEFINATELY COMING! also is it ok if my dad shares a bey deck with me plus his favourite?  i only have 4 beys but they are good ones

Glad to know you are able to attend! Make sure you click that "Join Tournament" button above :)

Sharing Beyblades with your dad is perfectly fine. It's always great to see parents involved in the tournament. However, if you are borrowing Beyblades from other players, make sure you let the judge know who you are borrowing from.
Oh no! Can’t make it this time just like February. Really wanted to bring my son and some of his friends to a tournament. I will still spread the word to see if some of the other parents can take their kids. Is there a minimum age? Or a maximum? The kids in our group are 4-8 yo. Some of the adults may want to enter too if possible. We are all relatively new to beyblade.
(Apr. 23, 2018  6:32 AM)Shindog Wrote: Oh no!  Can’t make it this time just like February. Really wanted to bring my son and some of his friends to a tournament.  I will still spread the word to see if some of the other parents can take their kids.  Is there a minimum age?  Or a maximum?  The kids in our group are 4-8 yo.  Some of the adults may want to enter too if possible.  We are all relatively new to beyblade.

Thanks for helping spread the word about this tournament. There is no minimum or maximum age limit for WBO tournaments. Also, make sure they read up on the Burst Format Rules which is linked in the original post.
Just got back to this hobby like literally last week.  I'm just in the LA area and just trying to catch up to the current format which is Burst. The last time i was into beyblade is when i was 8 or 9 back in 2002 with a plastic draciel. I'm 24 now. Thinking if i should go to this tournament or catch up first, already have a few tt beys but not satisfied yet. Hopefully i can cancel out my schedule that sunday so i can go to this instead. Im just dying to meet more people in this hobby. out of all my hobbies, this is the only one where it's really rare to see other people especially adults play. So yeah hopefully i make it and meet y'all.

Also, i'd like to say thanks to JoJo. I literally see you at the top results everytime i search beyblade in youtube so i watched, subscribed and you've helped me get back to this hobby with all your information. Thanks for all the content and keep up the good work. Also, thanks to Alta for directing me here. I messaged him when i was looking for groups in facebook.
(Apr. 23, 2018  7:40 AM)Bathala Wrote: Thinking if i should go to this tournament or catch up first, already have a few tt beys but not satisfied yet. Hopefully i can cancel out my schedule that sunday so i can go to this instead. Im just dying to meet more people in this hobby. out of all my hobbies, this is the only one where it's really rare to see other people especially adults play. So yeah hopefully i make it and meet y'all.
The best way to catch up is with real competition, so I recommend going, we could always use new players and many of us are willing to pass on tips and strategies.
(Apr. 23, 2018  11:05 AM)Alta Wrote:
(Apr. 23, 2018  7:40 AM)Bathala Wrote: Thinking if i should go to this tournament or catch up first, already have a few tt beys but not satisfied yet. Hopefully i can cancel out my schedule that sunday so i can go to this instead. Im just dying to meet more people in this hobby. out of all my hobbies, this is the only one where it's really rare to see other people especially adults play. So yeah hopefully i make it and meet y'all.
The best way to catch up is with real competition, so I recommend going, we could always use new players and many of us are willing to pass on tips and strategies.

Definitely. Wish i could cancel my plans this sunday and just go there. If i can't, i'll definitely go the next tournament in may. Sucks that i found out about this just awhile ago. You guys do this monthly right? I'll for sure be coming really soon. I've been looking for you people all over the place. lol. Right now i'm just trying to get my fiance's siblings and my friends into beyblade too (and it's working pretty well, they're loving it) so i can bring more players to the table. Thanks again.
(Apr. 23, 2018  5:03 AM)JoJo [Jp0t] Wrote:
(Apr. 23, 2018  4:35 AM)vvakhaze Wrote: SWEET! IM DEFINATELY COMING! also is it ok if my dad shares a bey deck with me plus his favourite?  i only have 4 beys but they are good ones

Glad to know you are able to attend! Make sure you click that "Join Tournament" button above Smile

Sharing Beyblades with your dad is perfectly fine. It's always great to see parents involved in the tournament. However, if you are borrowing Beyblades from other players, make sure you let the judge know who you are borrowing from.
alright! I'm going to let my dad know that i added it to the calendar,

(Apr. 23, 2018  5:03 AM)JoJo [Jp0t] Wrote:

Glad to know you are able to attend! Make sure you click that "Join Tournament" button above Smile

wait, have i seen you on youtube somewhere?
I wish I could come
SCREEE here i come to my second tournament (dont go useing Arc again Alta im here for vengeance)  this is going to be great
(Apr. 23, 2018  11:46 AM)Bathala Wrote:
(Apr. 23, 2018  11:05 AM)Alta Wrote: The best way to catch up is with real competition, so I recommend going, we could always use new players and many of us are willing to pass on tips and strategies.

Definitely. Wish i could cancel my plans this sunday and just go there. If i can't, i'll definitely go the next tournament in may. Sucks that i found out about this just awhile ago. You guys do this monthly right? I'll for sure be coming really soon. I've been looking for you people all over the place. lol. Right now i'm just trying to get my fiance's siblings and my friends into beyblade too (and it's working pretty well, they're loving it) so i can bring more players to the table. Thanks again.

We don't exactly do tournaments monthly, but you can subscribe to this thread for possible news on future tournaments in the LA area.
https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Los-Ang...nt?page=33
YAY! I can’t wait ?

LET IT RIP!!!
This will be my first tounement SO HAPPY what time should I come?
(Apr. 27, 2018  3:49 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote: This will be my first tounement SO HAPPY what time should I come?

It would be ideal to arrive during the registration time which is between 10:30 and 11:30. The full event schedule is in the original post.
I wish it was a Saturday! my dad and i cant make it this time around. have fun guys! post pictures and videos! and good luck to all the competitors!
Hey i remember you last tournament,shame you cant go I'm sure someone will record the events
This is a big difference in registered accounts than the last tournament, jeez! But I luckily can make it and I had my phone on me to sign up, my computer broke so I’m restricted temporarily. (EDIT: Also just had a birthday and grew the collection of my beys)
Hello everyone! Tomorrow is tournament day! I just want to give some helpful tips before you head over to the tournament.

First, make sure you have a WBO account already created and click the "Join Tournament" button at the top of the page. This helps save a lot of time on tournament day as we are able to get your names in the brackets early.

Also, for those who need further directions to the location, we will be near Grand Park Playground. This is the direct address : 227 N Spring St, Los Angeles, CA 90012. Classic Parking is right across the street as well.

If you have anymore questions, now is the time to ask. I will be at the location a little before 10:30 AM. See you all there!
Hi was just wondering if it's ok to come check it out my son wants to see how the tournament how does it work is there a charge ??
(Apr. 29, 2018  4:15 AM)Lilrudedog Wrote: Hi was just wondering if it's ok to come check it out my son wants to see how the tournament how does it work is there a charge ??

Hello! Thank you for you and your son's interest in this tournament. Admission is $5 for a single tournament which is paid onsite (cash only). Alternatively, you can purchase a Blader Passport for $15 which will get you into all tournaments for free for an entire year. This is a good deal if you are going to attend 3 or more tournaments throughout the year. All this information can be found in the right column in the original post. Official rules can also be found there.

All WBO tournaments are fan-run. We provide all the proper stadiums and prizes. However, we do not provide Beyblades for those who do not have any. You can borrow from other players if they are willing. Just make sure you properly return them Smile

The full event schedule is in the original post. We will be starting the tournament promptly at 12:00PM so it would be best to arrive during the registration time. We hope to see you there!
If we don't want to compete in tournament and just want to see the tournament is there a charge or $5