Basalt Horogium Testing.

I'll do some testing of basalt if I have time, but mfh basalt bull/aquario 230cs is undoubtedly top tier, if not totally ridiculously overpowered, so I'll happily demonstrate that.

Kinda offtopic, nut we don't have a non advanced thread for it, so while we're on the subject, our tier list is terribly out of date, most of the low attack combos are less effective now, vulcan is pretty much dead, alongside pegasis, hell combos (notably bd145wd) destroy other stamina combos.
Going further, basalt is murdering rf attackers, along with everything else, metal flat may help, but needs testing and time for people to get the hang of it. Frankly, with all the new beys, we're swamped with undiscovered possibilities. And big bang, and possibly moreso destroy l drago, it's not gonna get easier soon.

I don't envy those of you who
IMO Meteo L-Drago is the best attack type. It can beat Basalt by so called 'Spin Equalizing'
I'll do some testing of basalt if I have time, but mfh basalt bull/aquario 230cs is undoubtedly top tier, if not totally ridiculously overpowered, so I'll happily demonstrate that. It takes combos designed to beat it to do so, though so far, metal flat is the best thing I've found, and resulting combos are effective against older stamina beys (ltscs, mainly), and outspin rs/rsf anyway. But then, they generally fail vs rf attackers. Anyway, this belongs in the metagame thread, this diversion.

I was going to go on about how badly dated our tier list is, but I'll do that in the metagame discussion thread (as we lack a tier list discussion thread in non advanced)
Now it gotten so bad that nobody can keep up with top tier list.
That was very off topic.
Excuse the somewhat stupid post, delete this if its not too much hassle.
A unbalanced metal wheel on a useless tip like MS and MB? Attack types are suppose to be on Flat tips and MF don't cut it since its going to be slow when its going to carry 50 gm of weight Tongue_out.I guess Basalt Horogium R145R2F works best.. No evidence though/
@ Mc Snow
Basalt and BD145 don't work because is unbalanced & we all know that it would only work in normal mode.
Basalt is not a good attack because it's too circular.
You don't put a MF-H on Basalt when it's an Attack blade.
The S series is to unbalanced when is hit.
MS,WD,WB and MB are NOT Attack Performance Tips.
Well, WB can be if nothing better is available, when launched with a hard sliding shot.

Oh, and Hell Kerbecs bd145mf seems to do exceptionally well s mfh basalt aquario 230cs, but can't handle ltsc's. I'm told it needs tge weight of bd145 to resist basalt, but yeah. Apparently using cs lets it beat ltsc's by os, however, I'm told (don't have two good cs's to test with, just one) that it then becomes useless vs basalt.
That said, if anyone wants to test mfh basalt bull/aquario 230cs vs hell kerbecs bd145cs (boost mode), launching kerbecs aggressively, it'd be super duper cool Wink
I saw a vid of MF Basalt Bull 230CS vs MF LLD CH120RF and Pegasis 145RF.
After a little bit, due to the unbalancing of the bey it moves around alot.
Hell Kerbecs could probably beat it due to the fact 145 beats 230 mostly.
Very interesting...
Will everyone please lose the "145 beats 230" mindset? Basalt isn't like that, due to its weight and distribution. The reason 145 beats 230 normally is destabilising, however, when they hit a wobbling basalt, it smashes down on the, and due to basalts weight, basalt is largely unnaffected, while the effect on the 145 blade is similar to putting your hand on top of it. Opposing beys need a fair bit of weight and stability to resist that, methinks. I guess metal flats speed comes into it, but I'm not totally sure yet why hell kerbecs bd145mf works so well vs basalt.
I'll lose the mindset, but that during when it was battling an attack type.
It was just a probably. I think due to how heavy Hell Kerbecs BD145 is, I think it slows MF down making iot have stamina... I think it works so well because BD145...
(Feb. 26, 2011  8:08 AM)Pcyborg Wrote:
(Feb. 26, 2011  7:22 AM)Azlanslayer Wrote: Seems Basaltis too heavy to be KO'd? Hah. Now Basalt really seems to be breaking the metagame..
This statement is very true. My brother was trying to find a use for Metal ball and he just tried it randomly on MF2-H Basalt Bull GB145. It yielded surprising results. Unfortunately, no formal testing is done.

Please do some tests with MB. I hope to see some use for this bottom on Basalt...
(Mar. 03, 2011  10:30 AM)Azlanslayer Wrote: A unbalanced metal wheel on a useless tip like MS and MB? Attack types are suppose to be on Flat tips and MF don't cut it since its going to be slow when its going to carry 50 gm of weight Tongue_out.I guess Basalt Horogium R145R2F works best.. No evidence though/

MB is probably better than WD and SD for stamina actually due to it's low friction...
^ However he states that MB is an attack performance tip, whereas Attack tips need friction xD
I do wanna see it on mb, though, if someone can, v attack, mainly.

Edit: Actually, that's probably a bad idea. Best focus on useful combos for now.
When I first saw Basalt, the first thing I thought was DEFENCE. Turns out I was right. Smile I was shocked at results of Vulcan and LLD. That was just a WB. But try putting 100 instead of CH120. Wonder was the tests would look if you used 230RS. O.O Wow, it works well on stamina too?? I hope that BH gets it's place in the Tier list soon. I'll be adding Basalt Horogium to my to-buy list now.
Dude, don't quote a big post -.-. Its obvious basalt is great defence wheel, just look at the circular shape and weight >.>
Very true Azlanslayer... I wonder would anybody like to test MF-H Hell Bull BD145(Boost Mode)RSF vs MF-H Basalt Bull GB145RS... who will win the ULTIMATE showdown.
(Mar. 04, 2011  4:28 PM)Azlanslayer Wrote: Dude, don't quote a big post -.-. Its obvious basalt is great defence wheel, just look at the circular shape and weight >.>
Yeah, sorry about that. Obviously, but I was not expecting good results from the stamina test. O.O
[Huge quote removed.]

I'm surprised with this results since I don't think basalt weight distribution is equal.
Don't quote the big post.
And yes Basalt wins because I found out that if a light bey(Earth Bull 100 WD) can't have enough power to push something like Basalt and make it lose spin.This is why the Outclassed Libra has a better chance against Basalt in stamina.
For the MB thing, I remember Dan said that WB did phenomenal on 230 with Basalt. Maybe MB is an improvement on this? I originally had a Sea Dragon, so I would like to see if there are any uses for MB too. The 'heaviest bottom' thing helps.
WB is far better than MB when on MF-H Basalt 230WB. Ask BladeStorm very nicely and maybe he can test it for you falsely (solo testing that is).

Basalt weight distribution doesn't matter. It will KO if you launch it correctly.
Videos by me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-QhsWwPCW0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcE5ys4awpQ

BTW: Basalt isn't 50g. It's 47g.
I understand that, had you know who I really am you wouldn't be bagging me lol. Of course the sharp tip is unbalanced, and I think that would come to an advantage on Basalt. Further imbalance would drive it to the point of awesomeness, so adding a BD145 and Gil CW, plus MF-L would likely end up failing, or PWNInG combos...

Bladestorm, pretty please ten rounds standard format? Try MF-L Basalt Gil BD145MS or S as an unusual attack type, and see what it happens. Try it against Defence, Stamina and Attack lastly. You can stop at five rounds if it fails too hard.