Basalt Horogium Testing.

Hey!! awesome results!!!! I just wanted to know the outcome of any legends against Basalt.... I've heard that the legends are not quite good, but still there are many new parts released with them, so I just wanted to see dem in action! Hey can you put up a video or something if you have something like an epic battle!!! (Just asking)
I'll chip in soon. So far, I've had best results with Basalt Bull 230CS, but yeah. BD145 and Basalt don't work together either, from my quick messing around. The main thing with 230CS is that it was beating other stamina combos convincingly, and had the usual 230CS properties against attack. I'm not done yet, so yeah. But when I have my CH120's, I'll get testing.

Actually, here's a link to all my first impressions, but remember, they're only first impressions, so take them with a pinch of (ba)salt.

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-BB-104-B...#pid551526

So, yeah.

Basically, I think it's a bit of a strange wheel from my testing so far, I seemed to have better results with
WD than CS on GB145. I'd actually like it if it didn't just work with standard combos, but worked best in less usual ones.

Oh, and I got a lot of scraping with R145CS/WD.

I'm really curious to see how it does on MB, actually. Shame that it's one of the parts I don't have.
Well is almost the same size as WB, I think it'll perform better than it because it weighs more and we be a LITTLE bit more stable
I dunno about stability, but I'm basing it on the fact that basalt does well defensively on WD, and WB. I don't clearly recall MB's properties, but yeah. Maybe also JB (I'll look at that myself, as I have one).

But yeah, Basalt Bull 230CS beat every stamina combo I threw at it convincingly, I'd like to see how it does against Earth Bull 230CS, though.

EDIT: Actually, it's doing better on CS today. Blargh.
I’ve got a few requests, if anybody can please tests the combinations below that’ll be great.

MF - L Basalt Bull 230CS VS MF Hell Kerbecs BD145 (Boost Mode) WD

And simply for a comparison of the Basalt Metal Wheel.

MF - L Earth Bull 230CS VS MF Hell Kerbecs BD145 (Boost Mode) WD
MF - L Flame Bull 230CS VS MF Hell Kerbecs BD145 (Boost Mode) WD
what are the test results on MF-H Basalt Bull 230RS?
(Feb. 19, 2011  10:04 PM)Fyuuor Wrote: I’ve got a few requests, if anybody can please tests the combinations below that’ll be great.

And simply for a comparison of the Basalt Metal Wheel.

MF - L Basalt Bull 230CS: 13 wins (7 KO, 6 OS; 65%)
MF Hell Kerbecs BD145 (Boost Mode) WD: 7 wins (All KO; 35%)

MF - L Earth Bull 230CS: 5 wins (2 KO, 3 OS; 25%)
MF Hell Kerbecs BD145 (Boost Mode) WD: 15 wins (7 KO, 8 OS; 75%)

MF - L Flame Bull 230CS: 3 wins (All OS; 20%)
MF Hell Kerbecs BD145 (Boost Mode) WD: 12 wins (4 KO, 8 OS; 80%)

I only went to 15 with Flame Bull because I didn't feel like watching it lose more.

Both of the Earth and Flame combos were easily destabilized, which was the major cause of losses. The Basalt combo held high, only destabilizing a couple of times.

That being said, MF Hell Kerbecs BD145WD seems to defeat many 230 hybrids.
Try testing combo somebody MF Basalt Bull 100SF...
agianst top tier attack,stamina, and defense combos
MF-L Basalt Hologium AD145WD Vs. MF Hell Kerbecs BD145WD(Boost)

Attack Stadium
Kerbecs Launch 1st Every Odd Number
Hologium Launch 1st Every Even Number

1: Kerbecs-OS
2: Hologium-KO
3: Kerbecs-KO
4: Kerbecs-OS
5: Kerbecs-OS
6: Hologium-KO
7: Kerbecs-KO
8: Hologium-KO
9: Kerbecs-OS
10: Kerbecs-OS

Basalt-3/10
Kerbecs-7/10

The Vibrating Effect That Basalt Causes Upon Itself Due To a Chunk Of The Metal Missing,Makes Me Feel As Though It Could Explode At Any Second.
I believe that with the stamina potential that basalt has, we should try testing
-Basalt Bull 230 WD vs Earth Bull 230 WD
-Basalt Bull 230 WD vs Burn Bull 230 WD
-Basalt Bull 230 WD vs Earth Bull AD145 WD
-Basalt Bull AD145 WD vs Burn Bull AD145 WD
-Basalt Bull AD145 WD vs Burn Bull 230 WD
-Basalt Bull AD145 WD vs Earth Bull AD145 WD
These tests could help us get a better understanding of where Basalt stands as a stamina wheel.
We've always loved heavy, irregularly distributed wheels for stamina.
Exactly why I'm so shocked that it worked so well when I tried it.

Then again, heavy, well distributed wheels are generally pretty good, look at earth, and more recently, Hell (Hell Kerbecs BD145WD, though I'm gonna assume you've seen those tests already).

And, even better, basalt seems to do reasonably well against that Hell combo, especially compared to Earth..

As Kai-V mentioned in the original Basalt Horogium thread, that odd distribution may actually aid the flywheel effect...

Either that, or we're getting some weird balance type stuff happening Smile
I despise how someone sees a bey like this and immediately jumps to balance types..
Well, I have little hope for this on low tracks because like you said, its oddly distributed..
Heavy + Wut!? Distribution doesn't exactly make me think of it doing amazing with CH120RF.. (Notice how I stereotyped 'balanced' beys with those 2 parts. :V)
Uhh, you to know I came to the balance thing simply because I have it, right? I looked at it, and saw DEFENCEDEFENCEDEFENCE, hence I first tried it on gb145cs. Only after trying it did I discover it seemed to work rather well in basalt bull 230cs, which is a balance of stamina and defence, IMO.

I didn't like it. On RF, it lacks smash from it's shape IMO, though it has great momentum based smash from sheer weight, I just think that there are better beys for the job (well, if libralibra is reinstated), and better uses for basalt.

It's not as bad ask thought on low tracks from memory, but man, and experiment with basalt bull bd145wd was, uhh, disappointing.
Ok I was testing my combo MF Basalt Bull 100WD against Lightning Ldrago 105SF.
Now you're probably thinking WHAT IN THE CARP !!!!! but left-spin beys destablize the carp out Basalt Bull.
Also I don't have another 100 track nor MF so yeah. Since Ldrago can destabiles Basalt Bull I treated LLD as a destabilizer.
Hasbro Mobile Stadium(Really good with attack types)
Takara Tomy Light Launcher for Right
Left Laucher for Left - Spin Combos
Basalt Bull Launched first until fifth round each

MF Basalt Bull 100WD vs LLD 105SF
(Note: These battles are SUPER close !!!!!!!!!!)
1. BB by KO
2. BB by OS
3. BB by OS
4. BB by OS
5. BB by OS
Now LLD gets launched first
6. BB by OS
7. BB by KO
8. BB by Self - KO
9. BB by OS
10. BB by OS
Basalt Bull win rate ~ 100%

LLD pretend like it had Upper Attack but that was an epic fail because MFB don't upper attack rarely.So I every time I did Sliding Shoot it tried to lift up Basalt Bull and most time LLD's clear wheel would SLAM into the ground and cause to lose TONS of spin !!!!! When it didn't hit the ground it would be like knocking Basalt Bull back further and further each time LLD's clear wheel didn't hit the ground and would make Basalt Bull unstable.
Also since I was using the Hasbro Mobile Stadium I realized that there is this flat surface and around it was all slope so the flat area was making BB stamina decrease rapidly !!!

MF Basalt Bull 100WD vs LLD 105WD
1. BB by KO
2. BB by OS
3. BB by OS
4. BB by OS
5. BB by OS ( Basalt Bull would never touch the ground so LLD said" Screw this I'm tired." and gave up)
LLD is launched first now
6. BB by KO
7. BB by OS
8. BB by OS
9. BB by OS
10. BB by OS
Basalt Bull win rate ~ 100%

Really close matches that it's not funny !!!
To all Basalt Lovers please WATCH OUT for Gravity Perseus in Left- Spin Mode,LLD, and Meteo Ldrago.
Okay well I can tell you right now that the SF tests mean absolutely nothing since MS treats SF's really badly so..
Well I don't have MS yet, so I have to use what I have
Basalt Testing AlertZ!
MF Basalt Horogium GB145CS
TT Attack Stadium.
3 Seg. Launcher Grip X2
Beylauncher L+R (For Right Spins).
Beylauncher L (For Left Spins).
Banking of Course.
RF Worn to Best.
R2F Brand New (If I use in this testing used).
CS/RSF Worn To Best.
Straight shot for Defense.

MF Earth Bull GB145CS VS MF LL-Drago 100RF

MF Basalt Bull GB145CS VS MF LL-Drago 100RF
Seems Basaltis too heavy to be KO'd? Hah. Now Basalt really seems to be breaking the metagame..
OMG epic results ill test if i get this now that i have BB-76
(Feb. 26, 2011  7:22 AM)Azlanslayer Wrote: Seems Basaltis too heavy to be KO'd? Hah. Now Basalt really seems to be breaking the metagame..
This statement is very true. My brother was trying to find a use for Metal ball and he just tried it randomly on MF2-H Basalt Bull GB145. It yielded surprising results. Unfortunately, no formal testing is done.
Alright Pcyborg.. Now it really seems i need to get Basalt... Except in Singapore we are unable to use Season 2 Unhappy <--- OFF TOPIC!
(Feb. 26, 2011  11:23 AM)Azlanslayer Wrote: Alright Pcyborg.. Now it really seems i need to get Basalt... Except in Singapore we are unable to use Season 2 Unhappy <--- OFF TOPIC!

That is why the World Beyblade Organization exists.

Anyway, my brother bought a Basalt Horogium from SonoKong. If one of these combinations is not top-tier by the time we get it, I will conduct even more tests.
Something is definitely wrong if it doesnt get in to the top tier list. Unless WBO is already deciding to ban it already .____.

Personally, Basalt may be the very much needed solution to defence. Attackers can still kill it but player has to possess considerable skill to pull it off.
Very true Pcyborg. I mean like we need some really good defensive because Earth won't cut it.
Earth would get owned by vulcan,pegasis,LLD, Gravity, and Meteo.
So hopefully they don't banned it.