Balro Balro W145WSF

Balro Balro W145WSF

Hey guys! Smile

I've been looking for a new combo to post for a while now... I thought I had tried everything, but then I found this!

The concept:

The launch:

Parts Choice:

Testing Videos:

Tests:

Counters:

Overall, I think this is a great, safe balance combo to use. Smile Tell me what you think!

Unfortunately, due to several random (and expensive) breakages over the past couple weeks, I will not be available to test ANYTHING for the next few weeks. I have a bunch of parts/equipment that needs to be replaced, and I can't really test efficiently until I can purchase them... but feel free to test all you want! Thanks! Smile
Wow, this sounds really cool. If only I had a WSF. Nice find! I'm diggin the concept!

Could someone test against Flash W145MF?
Great Combo, I actually was experimenting a combo with this track and tip setup that I was going to use in my next tournament haha! But man you sure are on a roll with inovative combos! Keep it up man!
I've actually been tested WSF combos like this in BB-10 for actually a little while. In glad someone else noticed it has some nice uses in BB-10. I'll try to do help and post tests for this.
Nice! Luckily, I have W145 an WSF so, any testing requests?
(Aug. 20, 2013  11:50 PM)Tri Wrote: Wow, this sounds really cool. If only I had a WSF. Nice find! I'm diggin the concept!

From my informal testing, that would be completely and utterly destroyed. XD Flash is waaaaaay too light to stay in the stadium against this, especially with a tall low-traction bottom like MF. :\

One thing I didn't put in the OP, is that Phantom will lose horribly to this. I don't have any formal results, but its recoil is way too high. Balro like flips it upside-down nearly every time. Tongue_out

(Aug. 21, 2013  12:14 AM)Shining God MS Wrote: Nice! Luckily, I have W145 an WSF so, any testing requests?

Yes! Smile didn't get around to this before my launcher broke...

Could you test against some E230 defenders and some MF combos (Girago^2 SA165MF, Phantom____ 85MF, and/or Flash W145MF)? That'd be awesome! Grin
Very cool!

Liking this custom, always been fond of Balance Types, so I am always glad when a new one pops up.

Would like to see this against MSF-H Revizer Dragoon SA165 EWD.
I'm really lovin the concept with this, looking like this could hold ton of potential

By the way could anyone test this againts Duo_F230CF or something else of some sort,keep it up lookin forward to more test, thanks.
(Aug. 21, 2013  12:16 AM)theblackdragon Wrote:
(Aug. 20, 2013  11:50 PM)Tri Wrote: Wow, this sounds really cool. If only I had a WSF. Nice find! I'm diggin the concept!

From my informal testing, that would be completely and utterly destroyed. XD Flash is waaaaaay too light to stay in the stadium against this, especially with a tall low-traction bottom like MF. :\

One thing I didn't put in the OP, is that Phantom will lose horribly to this. I don't have any formal results, but its recoil is way too high. Balro like flips it upside-down nearly every time. Tongue_out

(Aug. 21, 2013  12:14 AM)Shining God MS Wrote: Nice! Luckily, I have W145 an WSF so, any testing requests?

Yes! Smile didn't get around to this before my launcher broke...

Could you test against some E230 defenders and some MF combos (Girago^2 SA165MF, Phantom____ 85MF, and/or Flash W145MF)? That'd be awesome! Grin

All right!
Wow, finally something using WSF ( have it).
Oh hey, cool to see this get a thread! I've tried the exact combo, except with SA165 in lower.

Anyways, if you didn't KO defense, does this combo really have much competive use? Stuff like Balro Balro TR145 MF can KO or OS Revizer Revizer BD145 RDF, which is the deal breaker IMO.

Not to mention, I think an aggressively launched Dragooon on RDF will beat this.
hmm I'll use this at a tournament with a T125 as a substitute and report back
(Aug. 21, 2013  3:25 AM)ShinobuXD Wrote: Oh hey, cool to see this get a thread! I've tried the exact combo, except with SA165 in lower.

Anyways, if you didn't KO defense, does this combo really have much competive use? Stuff like Balro Balro TR145 MF can KO or OS Revizer Revizer BD145 RDF, which is the deal breaker IMO.

Not to mention, I think an aggressively launched Dragooon on RDF will beat this.

Tried launching Dragooon like that. :\ Balro still won every time. It stalls really wide near the beggining, and Dragooon couldn't get close enough to the tornado ridge to make contact.

And yes, I believe it does. Who said it couldn't KO Reviser? I didn't... I stalled during those rounds because it was most effective. Plus, as long as it wins, does it really matter how?

Now for tests. Thanks to my bro TigeroftheWest for lending me his Beylauncher L/R!!

Benchmark:

MSF-H Balro TR145MF tests:

Balro Balro W145WSF tests:

And that's why I posted this. I spent a couple hours evaluating any previous Balro combos that had been tested to make sure this actually did something better than they did, and I must admit it took a while. XD

EDIT: Just searched the site for a while... I t would seem that Balro TR145MF has only actually has 50 rounds of formal testing (20 of which was me in the Wyvang Wyvang BD145RSF thread), and it was never tested against Reviser BD145RDF. :\
(Aug. 21, 2013  3:25 AM)ShinobuXD Wrote: Oh hey, cool to see this get a thread! I've tried the exact combo, except with SA165 in lower.

Ive done some unofficial testing and I got some KOs in there. @theblackdragon This is a really neat combo! Hopefully gets on the tier list someday! It has the speed to hold on to the Tornado Ridge and if you launch it a little off, it goes off tue Tornado Ridge, slams into the wall making a flower pattern! W145 gives the Stamina to OS, and Balro gives the Smash! Have you considered an MSF?
Just from observation, I doubt the addition of a MSF would be what this custom needs.

The custom already provides a good amount of weight while still providing enough speed to land KO's, but at the same time, if it does not land a KO, it still maintains enough Stamina to out spin in most cases so far. I feel that the MSF would slow it down, just a tad, which is something I do not believe this custom really needs.

However, it would be worth trying I suppose, just to verify.
Actually, I just saw the OP.
Yep, I tried it. Read the parts explanation in the OP. Wink

EDIT: Whoops... typed too slow! XD
Yes, I don't see how it is physically possible for MF to KO more than WSF. WSF does not have any stalling issues and has much more traction and speed that MF has.
(Aug. 21, 2013  1:26 PM)theblackdragon Wrote: EDIT: Just searched the site for a while... I t would seem that Balro TR145MF has only actually has 50 rounds of formal testing (20 of which was me in the Wyvang Wyvang BD145RSF thread), and it was never tested against Reviser BD145RDF. :\
Ah, but it was with Phoenic, and that is just as good... http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Balro-Discussion?page=2
(Aug. 22, 2013  1:27 AM)ShinobuXD Wrote: Ah, but it was with Phoenic, and that is just as good... http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Balro-Discussion?page=2

Ah! I see...

Well, that's all well and good, but a couple things to notice:

1) There is no benchmark. If Kain had compared that to a WSF combo, then the tests would say something about the combo's differences in performance. Perhaps he had a good day and got an extra 2 KOs out of it! Happens all the time..

2) You'll notice that Phoenic Balro was extremely inconsistent in OSing Reviser, whereas this variation will hit 100% every time. :\

In conclusion, I totally love Balro TR145MF... its awesome, and also the primary basis for this combo! However, I believe that this variation is a bit of an improvement overall, just with a more consistent ability to OS, as well as the ability to stall wider and OS some of the left-spin combos that MF can't touch. Smile
Great! Someone found a use for wsf! I was thinking of something for a use, but has been very busy with school. I got a new w145 abiut a week ago so any test requests, it might be a couple of days before I can get around to do them though. Uncertain
Its so great you found a use for WSF! I always had the idea MF>WSF at tornado stalling. I remember in your Balro Balro CH120R2F, you mentioned Gryph Balro CH120R2F has more smash.
Also, it is known Gryph helps boost spin velocity due to its small diameter, so, in your opinion, would Gryph be a better chrome wheel instead of 2 Balro's?
p.s, i did read the parts choice section in the OP, so please wbo moderators don't give me a higher warning percentage for not reading xD
(Aug. 22, 2013  8:57 PM)diblee123 Wrote: Its so great you found a use for WSF! I always had the idea MF>WSF at tornado stalling. I remember in your Balro Balro CH120R2F, you mentioned Gryph Balro CH120R2F has more smash.
Also, it is known Gryph helps boost spin velocity due to its small diameter, so, in your opinion, would Gryph be a better chrome wheel instead of 2 Balro's?
p.s, i did read the parts choice section in the OP, so please wbo moderators don't give me a higher warning percentage for not reading xD

Well, I wouldn't say Gryph is better. :\ I said "from my experience," and I was working on an LTAC project at the time, in which Gryph worked much better. XD

I consider Balro Balro to be better than Gryph Balro for most things, and especially for this due to its superior balance and weight distribution. Smile
Another brilliant combo!!! I thought WSF had little use, but as usual, I was WRONG!!!!!

Another brilliant combo!!! I thought WSF had little use, but as usual, I was WRONG!!!!!

Ah MAN, I thought Balro Phoenix was a good combination. Oh well!!
Can you try this combo with Begirados Balro/Balro Begirados? from my testing Begirados has excellent balance with Balro, with almost twice the spin time of Balro Balro.