Balro Discussion

Yeah I will tomorrow. I did a few rounds against Duo BD145 CS and it had more trouble KOing.
(Jan. 19, 2013  5:25 AM)KainHighwind Wrote: Can you try the Balro Dragooon combo against Reviser x2 BD145RDF? That tends to give Dragooon a lot more trouble. E230 is an easy win for a spin stealer/equalizer and CS is not all that hard to KO.
Adding to this; It's especially easy for it to beat an E230 height combo because of its own height. This is why I have my doubts about it being able to beat a lower combo. It's one of the biggest downfalls of tall attackers, the contact will be completely different.
I just finished up the tests, and Balro Dragooon actually did pretty decent.
Balro Dragooon SA165(Zero-G Attack Mode)RF vs MSF-H Revizer Revizer BD145 RDF
Dragooon:18 Wins(All KO)
Revizer:12 Wins(All OS)
Balro Dragooon SA165R2F vs MSF-H Revizer Revizer BD145RDF

Standard Procedure:
R2F New
RDF Slightly Worn

Dragooon: 11 Wins (11 KO, 0 OS)
Revizer: 9 Win (1 KO, 8 OS)
1 Draw, Redone
Dragooon Win Percentage: 55%

Round-By-Round Results:
Thanks for validating my tests! Balro Dragooon seems to be a good attacker.
Since Balro has great balance, but blunt contact points which get shoved of a lot, I decided to try something that would compliment that. TR145 gives it the last little bit of LAD it needs to OS a brand new RDF. MF gives it the spin velocity it needs to try for a OHKO. These combined help it to possibly OS if it doesn't get the KO. Just like the W145MF version of Flash did.

Phoenic Balro TR145MF vs. MSF-L-Reviser Reviser BD145RDF(new)
Reviser always launched first.
Detail Results (Click to View)
PB: 12 (7 OS, 5 KO)
Reviser: 8 (7 OS, 1 KO)
PB Win %: 60.0%
I did a few more tests with the MF combo. First set I tornado stalled, and second set I went for the KO. Sorry for using MSF-L on the second set of tests but the first round PB hit and broke my MSF-H.

Phoenic Balro TR145MF vs. MSF-H-Reviser Reviser E230(normal)RDF
PB: 10 (9 OS, 1 KO)
Reviser: 0 (0 OS, 0 KO)
PB Win %: 100.0%

Phoenic Balro TR145MF vs. MSF-L-Reviser Reviser E230(normal)RDF
PB: 10 (4 OS, 6 KO)
Reviser: 0 (0 OS, 0 KO)
PB Win %: 100.0%
Six KO's on MF- pretty good.

Why Phoenic Balro though? Is it because you don't have a second Balro, or does Phoenic help the combo somehow?
IIRC, Phoenic is one of the few 0G Attack worthy wheels.
(Jan. 25, 2013  2:34 AM)ShinobuXD Wrote: Six KO's on MF- pretty good.

Why Phoenic Balro though? Is it because you don't have a second Balro, or does Phoenic help the combo somehow?

I do not have 2 Balros, however, Phoenic does seem to have a good bit of synergy with Balro. IMO, Balro is one of, if not the, best fit for Phoenic.

I am really enjoying this combo. It can late KO sometimes, and obviously hits very hard sometimes according to my MSF-H. I still do not see how something at a 145 height on MF could break the face of a defense opponent on E230.
Here are my tests for MSF Balro Balro TR145 MF, since I don't have a Phoenic.
MSF Balro Balro TR145 MF vs MSF-H Revizer Revizer E230 CS

Balro:9 Wins(5 OS,4 KO)
Revizer:1 Wins(OS)
1 Tie
Balro Win Rate:90%

MSF Balro Balro TR145 MF vs MF-H Duo Gasher E230 RSF
Balro:8 Wins(4 OS,4 KO)
Duo:2 Wins(All OS)
1 Tie
Balro Win Rate:80%

MSF Balro Balro TR145 MF vs MSF-H Revizer Revizer BD145 CS
Balro:9 Wins(5 KO,4 OS)
Revizer:1 Win(OS)
1 Tie
Balro Win Rate:90%
That's wonderful! I was curious to see if 2 Balros did just as well. Thank you for the tests!
KainHighwind and ShinobuXD
You both have great tests! It's nice to see Barlo has uses. When my new launcher comes in I'll try some testing.
Went ahead and tried something different. I think Kei mentioned this somewhere else, that WSF has this really unique ability to go the same speed as WF, but not get caught in the tornado ridge.

When it does catch the tornado ridge, via launching really hard in a stall, it goes double the speed. (Possibly from the outermost portion making contact with the stadium.) It is a really unique sight to see since it literally switched speeds mid-battle. I did a couple informal tests with the speed change stall and it outspun MSF-H Saramanda Killerken BD145CS every time. Haven't gotten to any official tests though.

Outside of that, it is basically an alternative to MF. WSF goes pretty fast while still maintaining good control. It nets more KOs but less OSs. SA165 in the lower mode is used to increase control and recoil handling.

Gryph Balro SA165WSF vs MSF-H Saramanda Killerken BD145CS
Balro: 15/20 (11 KO, 4 OS)
Killerken: 5/20 (All KO)

Balro Win Rate: 75%
3 Ties Redone

I haven't finished the speed change stall battles yet, but so far it is looking pretty 1-sided. Straight on attacking may not be the best for this combo, but that is the beauty of this type of Beyblade. You can pick and choose what you type want depending on your launch: attack or stamina. MSF would definitely benefit Balro in this situation since it has so much recoil without the help of a rubber attacking bottom. Unfortunately I don't own another one. Anyone with 2 MSFs is welcome to test.
That is awesome! I can't go into as much detail as I would like for lack of a computer, but I think most of your recoil might be because of Gryph, because recoil really isn't a problem for me with Phoenic Balro. That's the whole reason I tried MF in the first place. Either way, you have me really excited to try WSF with my TR145 combo now!
That was totally me who mentioned the WSF thing, haha! I'm glad someone else has realized its potential! It's one of the most forgiving tips attack tips I've ever seen, and I love the idea of using SA165's attack mode to compensate for its horrific recoil handling.

Anyway, these results are all spectacular! This seems like a very versatile wheel; if it wasn't so darn expensive I'd help contribute tests. I'm crossing my fingers they'll release a new Random Booster with some of these chrome wheels in it, that'd be awesome! Keep up the great tests everybody Grin