Jul

Assembling the Cincinnati Sky-Liners

Cincinnati, Ohio
Dayspring Church of God
1060 Smiley Ave.
  Use the entrance on the back side of the building, facing I-275. It will be in the Multi-Purpose room nearby.
12:00 PM on 07/25/2020
Format
Burst

Most official Beyblade Burst gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
0 cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Concerning Corona:

After contacting the church to reschedule, I have decided to postpone this tournament until a better date can be found. This means that the current Tournament date is not correct, and will be replaced once a proper date can be found.

For anyone unfamiliar to WBO tournaments, please feel free to check out this FAQ: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Guide-H...-questions

Announcement: Seeking Alternate Judge
If you wish to take this position, please make sure that you're familiar with the Burst Standard Ruleset and have read the Judge's Guide.

Registration begins at 11:30 AM and is meant to close shortly before noon. If you're going to be late, please contact me so I'm aware. Please make sure you've eaten before you come!

Player cap:
As this is my first tournament, there is a cap of 24 participants of all ages. Non-participating parents are welcome and encouraged to stay and watch their kids perform!

Prizes:
  • 1st: One copy of Super Hyperion, King Helios, Glide Ragnaruk.
  • 2nd: First choice of one of the above beys, plus the final remaining bey.
  • 3rd: Second choice of one of the above beys.
Plus every Top-3 finisher gets a Sparking Beylauncher R!

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Approved. Good luck dude!
Looking forwards to hosting this thing.
I would like to register my son how can I make that happen?
(Mar. 02, 2020  6:08 PM)Greeno Wrote: I would like to register my son how can I make that happen?

Just click the join tournament button!
(Mar. 02, 2020  8:44 PM)Greeno Wrote: Thank you new to all of this.

No worries, and I'm glad to see you take the time to sign him up!
Can you make it on a Saturday

Because some people will have school so barly anyone could come

(Mar. 04, 2020  12:52 AM)Lucidcode70 Wrote: Can you make it on a Saturday

It is on Saturday dude xD. The 23 is a Saturday.
The 23 is not a Saturday it is on Monday

23 is on a Saturday. I am stupid because I thought it was March 23 not May 23
I'm sorry
(Mar. 04, 2020  1:25 PM)Lucidcode70 Wrote: The 23 is not a Saturday it is on Monday

23 is on a Saturday. I am stupid because I thought it was March 23 not May 23
I'm sorry

No worries. It was the soonest Saturday the church had that wasn't either taken by another event or directly before a major holiday (in the case of Easter and Mother's Day), hence the extensive time period.

Also, I am now looking for a singular Alternate Judge to work alongside me and Guzmada just in case the two of us find ourselves in a pairing against each other or we need to visit the restroom or something along those lines. If you wish to take this position, please make sure that you're familiar with the Burst Standard Ruleset and have read the Judge's Guide.
How is the tournament running is there different groups and is it a Hasbro,Tamara Tomy, or both

How old do we have to be in order to be a judge
(Mar. 07, 2020  12:45 AM)Lucidcode70 Wrote: How is the tournament running is there different groups and  is it a Hasbro,Tamara Tomy, or both

This tournament is Burst Standard, as you can see on the right side of the page. Burst Standard only forbids Ripfire disks and drivers, but everything else is legal from either brand.

(Mar. 07, 2020  12:45 AM)Lucidcode70 Wrote: How old do we have to be in order to be a judge

There is no minimum age, but I'm gonna want someone with at least some knowledge of the rules already. If you have to ask the above question, then you're probably not going to do well.
What is burst standard

Why can't it be all the beyblade series
metal just wrecks burst for starters

plastic is ancient and barely anybody has those for use

and the stadiums don't go together and burst is the newest so that's why people normally choice burst as of now
(Mar. 07, 2020  2:21 AM)Lucidcode70 Wrote: What is burst standard

Burst Standard is the ordinary "all parts legal" type of Burst tournament, as opposed to Hasbro-Only (banning all TT parts except disks that Hasbro has released, but still requiring a TT stadium) or Classic (which is based around the Basic/Dual layers). Of course as I've already stated Ripfire is excluded due to weird part oddities and the need for odd Ripfire-only disks.

(Mar. 07, 2020  2:21 AM)Lucidcode70 Wrote: Why can't it be all the beyblade series

Different series of beys are ill equipped to fight anything outside of their own series. Plastics facing off against super heavy opponents could easily crack or shatter. HMS beys are similar, and have some risk of damaging other beys if they have metal contacts. MFB is really dangerous to anything that isn't also MFB due to the sharp metal contacts they often have, and are hazardous to any other line as a direct result. Burst would be difficult to use, as it provides a weakness that other series don't have in their bursting gimmick and generally have far less stamina than other lines.

That's aside from how chaotic it would be trying to determine what was good against what across different series. Realistically though, I think MFB would simply dominate too hard given their sheer flexibility and power and there'd be no reason not to just run a MFB only tournament at that stage. There's no point in allowing literally everything. For right now though people have Burst beys and Burst beys are far easier to attain, so it's a lot safer and easier to run.
By different series I mean Burst series an is it Takara Tomy, Hasbro , or both
(Mar. 08, 2020  4:09 AM)Lucidcode70 Wrote: By different series I mean Burst series an is it Takara Tomy, Hasbro , or both

It is both.
Is it just standard or all of the burst series
Y'know what? I'm in.
(Mar. 08, 2020  4:09 AM)Lucidcode70 Wrote: By different series I mean Burst series an is it Takara Tomy, Hasbro , or both

Series refers to the different generations of beys more often than not. In this case I think you're using it to describe the different Burst subseries, like God, Cho-Z, GT, and the like.

So far, only Classic actually restricts anything along series lines, only allowing disks released prior to God and keeping the layers to the same generalization as well. I've already said that Burst Standard has no such restriction earlier, on either "series" or brand.

(Mar. 07, 2020  1:30 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: Burst Standard only forbids Ripfire disks and drivers, but everything else is legal from either brand.

(Mar. 08, 2020  4:59 AM)BusyBlader Wrote: Y'know what? I'm in.

Glad to hear it.
(Mar. 08, 2020  5:00 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Mar. 08, 2020  4:09 AM)Lucidcode70 Wrote: By different series I mean Burst series an is it Takara  Tomy, Hasbro , or both

Series refers to the different generations of beys more often than not. In this case I think you're using it to describe the different Burst subseries, like God, Cho-Z, GT, and the like.

So far, only Classic actually restricts anything along series lines, only allowing disks released prior to God and keeping the layers to the same generalization as well. I've already said that Burst Standard has no such restriction earlier, on either "series" or brand.

(Mar. 07, 2020  1:30 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: Burst Standard only forbids Ripfire disks and drivers, but everything else is legal from either brand.

(Mar. 08, 2020  4:59 AM)BusyBlader Wrote: Y'know what? I'm in.

Glad to hear it.

If a stadium is needed, i'll try bringing mine with me. And I may be able to be an alternate judge, for a little while.
(Mar. 08, 2020  5:05 AM)BusyBlader Wrote: If a stadium is needed, i'll try bringing mine with me. And I may be able to be an alternate judge, for a little while.

I have a totally brand new unopened stadium (because my original has developed a significant crack in its upper shielding due to wear), and I've talked Guzmada into bringing one of his over too. A backup never hurts though, as I might find some free space to make into a free play zone.

Exactly how familiar are you with the rules perchance? I know your profile says you aim to be an Organizer someday, so I'm hopeful here as judging is one important aspect of that.
(Mar. 08, 2020  6:24 PM)Kaleb123 Wrote: Cane you say what bays are not allowed

Anything that is not Hasbro, or Takara Tomy, is not allowed, neither is using a 12 disc from either brand without a frame.