Jul

Assembling the Cincinnati Sky-Liners

Cincinnati, Ohio
Dayspring Church of God
1060 Smiley Ave.
  Use the entrance on the back side of the building, facing I-275. It will be in the Multi-Purpose room nearby.
12:00 PM on 07/25/2020
Format
Burst

Most official Beyblade Burst gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
0 cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Concerning Corona:

After contacting the church to reschedule, I have decided to postpone this tournament until a better date can be found. This means that the current Tournament date is not correct, and will be replaced once a proper date can be found.

For anyone unfamiliar to WBO tournaments, please feel free to check out this FAQ: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Guide-H...-questions

Announcement: Seeking Alternate Judge
If you wish to take this position, please make sure that you're familiar with the Burst Standard Ruleset and have read the Judge's Guide.

Registration begins at 11:30 AM and is meant to close shortly before noon. If you're going to be late, please contact me so I'm aware. Please make sure you've eaten before you come!

Player cap:
As this is my first tournament, there is a cap of 24 participants of all ages. Non-participating parents are welcome and encouraged to stay and watch their kids perform!

Prizes:
  • 1st: One copy of Super Hyperion, King Helios, Glide Ragnaruk.
  • 2nd: First choice of one of the above beys, plus the final remaining bey.
  • 3rd: Second choice of one of the above beys.
Plus every Top-3 finisher gets a Sparking Beylauncher R!

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

That doesn't even make any sense Hasbro and Takara Tomy are the only two
(Mar. 09, 2020  3:22 AM)Lucidcode70 Wrote: That doesn't even make any sense Hasbro and Takara Tomy are the only two
There are fake brands, hence why I said "Anything that isn't takara tomy or Hasbro is not allowed."
Fake brands of Takara Tomy and hasbro
i live in wv if i can get my parents to drive me i ll join
(Mar. 09, 2020  3:22 AM)Lucidcode70 Wrote: That doesn't even make any sense Hasbro and Takara Tomy are the only two

There is Young Toys too, which makes them for Korea and India due to weird copyright and import laws for those regions, but they're a 1:1 match for TT beys (despite using Hasbro names) and are an officially licensed and tournament legal brand. See the green elephant of Young Toys and it's good to go.

(Mar. 09, 2020  5:47 PM)Lucidcode70 Wrote: Fake brands of Takara Tomy and hasbro

TT imitators mostly, like "Battle Tops", "Rapidity", and a few others. They're dangerous since they usually contain lead, are manufactured cheaply and poorly, and are incredibly prone to breakage (which itself is super dangerous because of the aforementioned lead). Due to their risks and the fact that they don't usually share the same attributes as an official bey, they're completely barred from tournament play.
Is the tournament still going on. I am just asking because someone can have the cronavirus

Why can't it be all the burst series
(Mar. 16, 2020  9:43 PM)Lucidcode70 Wrote: Is the tournament still going on. I am just asking because someone can have the cronavirus

It is all the burst beys. All burst beyblades are allowed, Takara Tomy or Hasbro, but only those two brands.
(Mar. 16, 2020  9:43 PM)Lucidcode70 Wrote: Is the tournament still going on. I am just asking because someone can have the cronavirus

The tournament is in May. There is plenty of time for CDC and local guidance to change. It is too early to determine whether or not it can be held.
(Mar. 01, 2020  8:19 PM)kjrules17 Wrote: Approved. Good luck dude!

(Mar. 16, 2020  9:54 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:

It is all the burst beys. All burst beyblades are allowed, Takara Tomy or Hasbro, but only those two brands.

What do you mean by all the burst beys
(Mar. 16, 2020  11:33 PM)Lucidcode70 Wrote:
(Mar. 01, 2020  8:19 PM)kjrules17 Wrote: Approved. Good luck dude!

(Mar. 16, 2020  9:54 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: It is all the burst beys. All burst beyblades are allowed, Takara Tomy or Hasbro, but only those two brands.

What do you mean by all the burst beys

Any Burst Beyblade can be used. From Single layer beyblades all the way to GT Beyblades and Sparking Beyblades when they come out.
Do anyone know a combo for judgement joker
(Mar. 18, 2020  2:56 AM)Lucidcode70 Wrote: Do anyone know a combo for judgement joker

This really isn't the place to ask, look in the "Build me a Combo #2" thread. Though, Judement Diabolos Blitz Octa is used pretty often for stationary attack
Where is that at

Is it all the burst series or just standard beys
How do I get fifty post

(Mar. 20, 2020  4:18 AM)Lucidcode70 Wrote: How do I get fifty post
Are there any drivers not allowed? Obviously ones tampered with, but I have an Ig’ driver that I need to know if it is allowed. Thank you!
I probably can not come to the tournament because my dad said we can get sick from the coronavirus
(Mar. 21, 2020  1:58 AM)Lucidcode70 Wrote: I probably can not come to the tournament because my dad said we can get sick from the coronavirus

Hopefully this coronavirus pandemic is mostly over by May 23rd, otherwise it’ll likely have to be canceled.
(Mar. 20, 2020  12:48 PM)Dredd Edge Wrote: Are there any drivers not allowed? Obviously ones tampered with, but I have an Ig’ driver that I need to know if it is allowed. Thank you!

Only Ripfire drivers and disks are illegal in Burst Standard at this moment. Ignition' is fine.

(Mar. 21, 2020  1:58 AM)Lucidcode70 Wrote: I probably can not come to the tournament because my dad said we can get sick from the coronavirus

If you don't think you can make it for any reason, Corona or otherwise, please unjoin the tournament to make room for someone who might want to participate. I have gotten a PM already from someone wanting to join even though it's full, so you'd be letting them in.

(Mar. 21, 2020  2:01 AM)BuilderROB Wrote:

Hopefully this coronavirus pandemic is mostly over by May 23rd, otherwise it’ll likely have to be canceled.

Unless there's some serious issue, it's more likely to be postponed than outright cancelled in case of some sort of Corona-based restriction.
(Mar. 21, 2020  3:29 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Mar. 21, 2020  2:01 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: Hopefully this coronavirus pandemic is mostly over by May 23rd, otherwise it’ll likely have to be canceled.

Unless there's some serious issue, it's more likely to be postponed than outright cancelled in case of some sort of Corona-based restriction.
I had forgotten that was an option.
I’m scared cuz I might not be able to go 😬😬😬
How do you unjoin the tournament
(Mar. 22, 2020  3:35 PM)Lucidcode70 Wrote: How do you unjoin the tournament

Usually you can just hit the same button as before, but it seems like it locks things when the cap is hit.

If you want to unjoin, I'll try to get someone to remove you the hard way.
I not trying to unjoin until I know if I'm not going I will let you know
Adam Garrison is coming to this BEYBLADE tournament in Cincinnati.
Announcement!

Due to the arrival of the parts, I can now confirm and announce the prizes for this tournament! The prizes are as follows:
  • 1st: One copy of Super Hyperion, King Helios, Glide Ragnaruk.
  • 2nd: First choice of one of the above beys, plus the final remaining bey.
  • 3rd: Second choice of one of the above beys.
This means that 1st walks out with one of each bey, 2nd walks out with two (one of their choice and one that 3rd place didn't choose), and 3rd walks away with one. To add on to this, every top-3 finisher gets a Sparking Beylauncher R!

For the sake of fairness, and so I don't wind up not giving away an expected prize, if I wind up in the top 3 myself I will act as though I wasn't there and hand out prizes accordingly. As an example if I took 2nd overall, the prizes would then go to whoever took 1st, 3rd, and 4th place instead. This way I don't wind up stealing prizes from the rest of you who I'm sure are eager to walk away with a little bit more than you came in with.

Things are still subject to change due to Corona, though currently the tournament is still on at this time. As a reminder, if you think you're sick on the day of the tournament please don't come for the protection of everyone around you. I won't hold you accountable for any no-shows due to Corona as long as I am properly notified before the tournament's start time, either by PM, a post in this thread, or by deregistering.

If the button above still shows that the tournament is full and is preventing you from deregistering and you wish to, please contact a WBO Moderator for assistance in manually removing you from the tournament. I cannot manually remove people myself.