Silver Spring, Maryland
Tournament Results
Martin Luther King jr Recreational park
1120 Jackson rd
  Pavilion near the play ground
1:00 PM on 07/11/2021
Format
Burst

Most official Beyblade Burst gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
0 cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

The format for this event is Burst Standard. Please read the Burst Standard rulebook prior to confirming your attendance to ensure that you or your child have the appropriate equipment to compete. Legal parts / launchers will not be lent out by event staff.  Tournament is capped at 24.

Host: Allen Schaffer

Location: will be at the nearest pavilion to the restrooms. It is a first come first serve basis so we will be there early to reserve the spot.

Time: As the tournament will start promptly at 1:00pm, please plan to arrive around 12:00pm when registration will begin. Registration will close at 12:45pm. Confirming your attendance on the WBO event page does not substitute for registration at the venue.

COVID-19 Precautions READ THIS BEFORE CONFIRMING YOUR ATTENDANCE:

This event will cooperate with https://www.montcopa.org/3524/COVID-19-Guidance

- Social distancing of 6 feet when possible

- Signs and markings indicating 6 feet gaps

- Face coverings for everyone over age 2 (Please note that players who do not bring their own face covering will be unable to compete)

- Guidance and training on the rules

- Disinfectants applied to common used surfaces

Please also be aware of the WBO COVID-19 Guidelines effective from last year.

In addition, we respectfully request that all parents and siblings of tournament participants remain away from the playing area and avoid close interactions with tournament equipment and individuals outside of their immediate family. Participants may bring no more than one guardian this event.

Other Information:

Prizing:
1st place will get to choose first between 
1 Vanish Fafnir, 1 Union Diabolos, or 1 Roar Fafnir!

2nd place will get to choose between the 2 remaining and then 3rd will get whatever is left.

Special thabk you to Four Gaming for supporting this tournament with prizing!

Please come prepared. It is helpful for both hosts and judges if all participants bring at least one Takara Tomy or Hasbro-manufactured Beyblade of their own and more than one launcher when possible. Additionally, parents of children under the age of 13 must be present for the duration of the event, as tournament end times can be difficult to estimate, and we would hate for someone to be left behind once it is over.

Be aware of your belongings. We'd advise users to please, please look after your stuff. While yes this is a Beyblade tournament and we're not suggesting that any of us would attempt to take each other's stuff it is still happening at a public venue where other people (who may not be so friendly) are going to be present as well. Of course, if you see a personal belonging lying around bring it up any of the judges so we can return it to the right person. Your co-operation is appreciated!

All players must arrive on-time. The tournament will begin no later than 1:00 PM and is expected to run for about 3 hours, though if there is a large turnout it may take longer. Please plan accordingly. If you do not arrive at the scheduled start time, you risk being excluded from the tournament. The software we use to run our events–Challonge–does not allow us to add in extra participants once the tournament has started.

If you know in advance that you will be late, please post in this thread or contact someone at the event and depending on the circumstances we can perhaps still include you if we know you will arrive soon.

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

I wanted to go and I could of but it's full TwT and I haven't been to one R.I.P for me *crys* 😨😰😩😨😩😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😥😥😥😥😥😥
(Jul. 02, 2021  5:46 PM)Ninjahacker Wrote: I wanted to go and I could of but it's full TwT and I haven't been to one R.I.P for me *crys* 😨😰😩😨😩😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😥😥😥😥😥😥

Please don't do that. If it's full, just keep checking back until a spot opens up. You don't need to post about your disappointment.

There are 2 other tournaments in the same location 2 weeks after this one. They have open spots, but are for Metal Fight Limited and Burst Classic formats. If you have beys valid for those formats (check their format rules to see what's valid), consider registering for those instead.
Sadly I couldn’t make it to Crisis’ tournament last time but I’m really fired up for this one!
I'm hyped for this Tourney, and i just ordered the full set for Roar Bahamut, so hopefully with the extra shipping i did, very much hoping i can get it before the 11th
(Jul. 03, 2021  5:45 PM)RYANTHEDRAGON98 Wrote: I'm hyped for this Tourney, and i just ordered the full set for Roar Bahamut, so hopefully with the extra shipping i did, very much hoping i can get it before the 11th

Hey if you do is it possible to buy one of the beys from the random booster from you
Shindog, can we cap it at 32 like crisis' tourney
(Jul. 05, 2021  2:46 AM)Allen Schaffer Wrote: Shindog, can we cap it at 32 like crisis' tourney

Elaborating on this, there will be an incredibly large number of other organizers present. TSO, Yami, Ardmore Blader(Oh snap Ardmore welcome back), Geetster99, Sniper, Beymaster15963, Crisis Crusher, and also myself. Allen was instrumental in helping run Crisis' recent event, and the two worked more or less in tandem. 32 or greater should not be an issue, first event or not.

3 stadiums were run at the last tournament, but space permitting, he could probably easily decide to run 4 since it looks like there will be 3 more experienced judges in addition to last time.
(Jul. 05, 2021  2:46 AM)Allen Schaffer Wrote: Shindog, can we cap it at 32 like crisis' tourney

Please understand that if you ask something that is out of the ordinary.  I will usually take it to the Organized Play team to have at least some of the other team members review the request as well.  This takes a little bit of time.  I think this is a good way of doing things.  I saw and replied to your DM on discord.  I did not get a reply from you when I asked a question on Discord.  I would appreciate more than 4 hours to respond and resolve, and also, maybe a reply. There is no need to ask me in multiple ways.  I already replied to you Discord request within 33 mins.
@thread the cap is up to 32. Do sign up the staff team has granted us these privileges so be sure to thank them.
as long as the wether for the day is nice, i should be able t make it.
(Jul. 05, 2021  10:47 PM)LegendV3 Wrote: as long as the wether for the day is nice, i should be able t make it.

Supposed to start raining at 4 but we are under the pavilion
(Jul. 06, 2021  1:21 AM)Allen Schaffer Wrote:
(Jul. 05, 2021  10:47 PM)LegendV3 Wrote: as long as the wether for the day is nice, i should be able t make it.

ah hopefully it wont get to humid before the rain is done kekw
(Jul. 06, 2021  1:21 AM)Allen Schaffer Wrote:

If we have 4 stadiums we’ll be done quicker than last time
(Jul. 06, 2021  4:10 AM)Xavier Bogard Wrote:
(Jul. 06, 2021  1:21 AM)Allen Schaffer Wrote: Supposed to start raining at 4 but we are under the pavilion
If we have 4 stadiums we’ll be done quicker than last time

We are only running 2 stadiums
Unfortunately, I won’t be able to make it to this one. Wish everyone the best of luck
(Jul. 07, 2021  12:54 AM)Allen Schaffer Wrote:
(Jul. 06, 2021  4:10 AM)Xavier Bogard Wrote: If we have 4 stadiums we’ll be done quicker than last time

We are only running 2 stadiums

Why only 2 stadiums? You have the people who can bring stadiums, so why only 2?
(Jul. 07, 2021  3:46 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Jul. 07, 2021  12:54 AM)Allen Schaffer Wrote: We are only running 2 stadiums

Why only 2 stadiums? You have the people who can bring stadiums, so why only 2?

I can, and always do, bring 2 stadiums. We could run 3 or 4 or more if Allen wants.
As long as enough judges are willing to help with judging we can run 3-4 with no problems. Just save any judge matches for last.
I personally like to stagger the judge matches throughout the round when I organize. If you have 4 primary judges, a couple backup judges, and 4 beystadiums, this is possible without slowing down the round too much.

When you get a primary judge vs. primary judge match, you have one of the backup judges judge that first. If you have a primary vs. non-judge match, do that one after the current judge match is done. Just sort of stagger them so that one/two of the judge matches are going on at any given time.

Example: Let's say you have 24 people total, A-D are judges, and E-F are backup judges. If you get an A vs B match, have E judge it first on stadium 1. Have C,D, and F run matches on the remaining stadiums. Keep running new matches in stadiums 2-3 as they complete. Once A and B and E are done with that match, A can judge other judge matches (say, E vs. F) while everyone else works on non-judge matches. The C vs. someone and D vs. Someone matches can be judged during the third group of matches in that round.

If you save ALL the judge matches for the end of the round, the round end tends to bog down in close matches. It's always a hassle dealing with judge matches, you just sort of have to schedule them on the fly based on availability and whim.
(Jul. 07, 2021  5:26 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: I personally like to stagger the judge matches throughout the round when I organize. If you have 4 primary judges, a couple backup judges, and 4 beystadiums, this is possible without slowing down the round too much.

When you get a primary judge vs. primary judge match, you have one of the backup judges judge that first. If you have a primary vs. non-judge match, do that one after the current judge match is done. Just sort of stagger them so that one/two of the judge matches are going on at any given time.

Example: Let's say you have 24 people total, A-D are judges, and E-F are backup judges. If you get an A vs B match, have E judge it first on stadium 1. Have C,D, and F run matches on the remaining stadiums. Keep running new matches in stadiums 2-3 as they complete. Once A and B and E are done with that match, A can judge other judge matches (say, E vs. F) while everyone else works on non-judge matches. The C vs. someone and D vs. Someone matches can be judged during the third group of matches in that round.

If you save ALL the judge matches for the end of the round, the round end tends to bog down in close matches. It's always a hassle dealing with judge matches, you just sort of have to schedule them on the fly based on availability and whim.

That’s fair and seems easy.
(Jul. 07, 2021  5:26 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: I personally like to stagger the judge matches throughout the round when I organize. If you have 4 primary judges, a couple backup judges, and 4 beystadiums, this is possible without slowing down the round too much.

I’ve judged matches before so I can be one of the backup judges
I’m actually heading back from vacation a little early, so I’m gonna make a stop to play on the way back
sorry guys. ima be in a hurricane all weekend cant make the drive
(Jul. 08, 2021  8:50 PM)LegendV3 Wrote: sorry guys. ima be in a hurricane all weekend cant make the drive

U got to let it go
Welp, my full RB set for Roar is expected by Monday unfortunately