9th Anniversary: Commence!

Hey there World Bladers!

As we come to the end of another year of Beyblade, we look back at everything that has happened in the world of Beyblade this year. Takara-Tomy and Hasbro both launched their God Layer System series, mixing up the metagame immensely. The WBO has continued to grow, with activity staying strong and discussions ongoing! You guys have also made 95 WBO sanctioned events possible so far this year, which is a number that continues to astound us! 

But now, the time has come to celebrate our 9th Anniversary! This year, we've prepared a number of festivities to celebrate:

First, creator of Metal Fight Beyblade–Adachi Takafumi–has drawn up the fantastic new character art of Taka & Fumithe WBO mascots we unveiled last year–that you see in our Anniversary logo! You'll see this used more across the site this coming year, and will also be featured on brand new shirts in our store very soon! And we're also bringing our beloved BeyLotto out again for the third time this year and opening it up to all Bladers! Be sure to enter, we've got some fantastic prizes this year!

Our Instagram contests have been a hit this year, so we're bringing out another one: the #WBOMemories contest! We're finally publishing HMS & Plastics Remembrance BeyLotto Results (sorry for the delay!), and providing a few of rule updates to our Competitive Play rulebooks. There's something for everyone this year!

We had also planned to launch our rewrite of the current site theme today as well, but circumstances mean that this isn't possible today. However, when we do launch this later this month, you can look forward to a number of old features returning to the site, as well as a number of new ones, such as Battle Histories on profiles, tournament invitations, and what we feel will have the largest impact: Organizer tournament processing! We'll have more information on this when it launches, so stay tuned for the full details!

And as usual, let's not forget that we're waiving the fees for all WBO tournaments between December 4th and January 4th! Make the most of this time to host a few tournaments and bring new Bladers to each of our communities!

The past year hasn't been smooth. We've had a number of site issues to fix (and still do!), but you've all been understanding and helped to make the process as smooth as possible. As our dedicated community, thank you for sticking with us; joining in discussions, writing Wiki articles, participating in events worldwide, and making the WBO the place to be for Beyblade fans for the ninth year in a row!

Here's to another year! (Oh god, we're 10 next year...better plan something big...)

Check out this year's content!

(Dec. 04, 2017  8:55 PM)~Mana~ Wrote: Hey there World Bladers!

As we come to the end of another year of Beyblade, we look back at everything that has happened in the world of Beyblade this year. Takara-Tomy and Hasbro both launched their God Layer System series, mixing up the metagame immensely. The WBO has continued to grow, with activity staying strong and discussions ongoing! You guys have also made 95 WBO sanctioned events possible so far this year, which is a number that continues to astound us! 

But now, the time has come to celebrate our 9th Anniversary! This year, we've prepared a number of festivities to celebrate:

First, creator of Metal Fight Beyblade–Adachi Takafumi–has drawn up the fantastic new character art of Taka & Fumithe WBO mascots we unveiled last year–that you see in our Anniversary logo! You'll see this used more across the site this coming year, and will also be featured on brand new shirts in our store very soon! And we're also bringing our beloved BeyLotto out again for the third time this year and opening it up to all Bladers! Be sure to enter, we've got some fantastic prizes this year!

Our Instagram contests have been a hit this year, so we're bringing out another one: the #WBOMemories contest! We're finally publishing HMS & Plastics Remembrance BeyLotto Results (sorry for the delay!), and providing a few of rule updates to our Competitive Play rulebooks. There's something for everyone this year!

We had also planned to launch our rewrite of the current site theme today as well, but circumstances mean that this isn't possible today. However, when we do launch this later this month, you can look forward to a number of old features returning to the site, as well as a number of new ones, such as Battle Histories on profiles, tournament invitations, and what we feel will have the largest impact: Organizer tournament processing! We'll have more information on this when it launches, so stay tuned for the full details!

And as usual, let's not forget that we're waiving the fees for all WBO tournaments between December 4th and January 4th! Make the most of this time to host a few tournaments and bring new Bladers to each of our communities!

The past year hasn't been smooth. We've had a number of site issues to fix (and still do!), but you've all been understanding and helped to make the process as smooth as possible. As our dedicated community, thank you for sticking with us; joining in discussions, writing Wiki articles, participating in events worldwide, and making the WBO the place to be for Beyblade fans for the ninth year in a row!

Here's to another year! (Oh god, we're 10 next year...better plan something big...)

<h2>Check out this year's content!</h2>

Happy anniversary, everyone! I have enjoyed my time on the WBO tremendously, and, I hope to continue to do the same in the coming years. Thank you, everyone, for making all of this possible (I love this site and it's members, it's so great)! I shall stick around for as long as this site is here, and, I shall continue to try and help this site and its members grow in many wonderful ways! Also, do not worry, @[~Mana~]. I and the others surely understand the wait, you guys are very busy with life and this site. But, thank you guys for doing so much for this community (I don't know how you juggle it all, hah)!
I should make a new video... But yeah, great community to be part of!
Yay! Happy Anniversary!
hApPy aNiVeRsArY gUyS!

No, but fr, happy anniversary! Looking forward to 2018
no scavenger hunt this year? just the beylotto?
Cheers to another year, friends
Happy Anniversary, everyone!

Can't wait to see all of the entries in the #WBOMemories contest. If I was entering I don't know how I'd choose ...

And also can't wait to finish those t-shirts ~Mana~ mentioned in the announcement. The new artwork Takafumi-san drew for us is so great.

(Dec. 04, 2017  11:39 PM)Jimmyjazz39 Wrote: no scavenger hunt this year? just the beylotto?

Not this year, unfortunately. I'm sorry because I know you and probably some other people were looking forward to it, but the Scavenger Hunt idea really requires a lot of manual work and is therefore a massive time commitment; one which we weren't prepared to make this year. We decided doing a BeyLotto with awesome prizes while encouraging community participation with the ability to earn additional entries by playing in our events or submitting content for our social media channels would be a fine substitute this time so that we could focus our time elsewhere on more lasting things like the rewrite of the current site theme and all of the cool features that is going to entail!
Happy anniversary WBO. The greatest Beyblade site..
Whooo!
It's also my birthday coming up AND MY WBO BIRTHDAY Grin
(Dec. 05, 2017  1:40 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Dec. 04, 2017  11:39 PM)Jimmyjazz39 Wrote: no scavenger hunt this year? just the beylotto?

Not this year, unfortunately. I'm sorry because I know you and probably some other people were looking forward to it, but the Scavenger Hunt idea really requires a lot of manual work and is therefore a massive time commitment; one which we weren't prepared to make this year. We decided doing a BeyLotto with awesome prizes while encouraging community participation with the ability to earn additional entries by playing in our events or submitting content for our social media channels would be a fine substitute this time so that we could focus our time elsewhere on more lasting things like the rewrite of the current site theme and all of the cool features that is going to entail!

yeah i totally get it! These prizes are great!! happy 9th wubo
Can't believe I almost forgot, Happy anniversary WBO(wubo)!
Looks like the new designs would be awesome...
Happy Aniversary Wubbo! that's really sad Scavenger Hunt won't be there this year but np I can understand all committee had a lot of work this year. Hope it will be there next year.
I can't wait im gonna become the world best blader im gonna be number one!
Its been almost 7 months for me on this forum...I remember the day when I first joined here...it was the day before my chemistry exam...My frnd introduced me here....She told me that I can visit the forum whenever I am in stress..

frankly speaking...All of my questions regarding beyblade is answered here...And all members here r very very kind here...I have made many international frnds here...along with frnds of my same country..

I found out I am not alone in the world who love beyblade and animes...
For that I am very grateful to WBO and all members here..
Thank You...For making me feel happy
happy anniversary! This forum/community has been great, in all regards, informatively, and inspirationally. Thank you so much for helping out!
I am looking to host an event but sadly my proposal is not even being looked by the committee and it has been past so many months.How do people expect my state bladers to celebrate when we never had a chance of an official event? Seems like people who have done it before are the only people who get attention. WBO doesn't seem very much interested in new organizers to me so far!
(Dec. 07, 2017  4:55 AM)EmphaticYogi Wrote: I am looking to host an event but sadly my proposal is not even being looked by the committee and it has been past so many months.How do people expect my state bladers to celebrate when we never had a chance of an official event? Seems like people who have done it before are the only people who get attention. WBO doesn't seem very much interested in new organizers to me so far!

You will just need to give the committee some more time. They're very busy with their lives and maintaining this site, it is a lot of work. Trust me, they want more tournaments to be hosted and for bladers from all around the world to gather together and share their beloved hobby. They do not toss your request out the window because you're new, they just want to look your application over very carefully. Organizing is a very hard job (props to the many WBO organizers out there, really) and it requires patience, Beyblade knowledge, and, the ability to be trusted if a bad or unique situation should happen (I'm not saying you don't have those). So, please just wait a bit longer, I promise that your application is being taken as seriously as any other, there is no favoritism in the WBO (or at least behind the scenes) when it comes to the organizers (though, long time ones are trusted more than newcomers). All I'm asking is that you wait a bit longer, study hard on the rules of being/becoming an organizer and, think about how many applications/PM's they get a day. It'll help in the long run, I promise. So, have a nice day, and, try not to worry too much, the WBO will take notice of your skills if you work hard to refine them. Good luck!
Cheers to another year, friends and lets make it a great one
(Dec. 07, 2017  4:55 AM)EmphaticYogi Wrote: I am looking to host an event but sadly my proposal is not even being looked by the committee and it has been past so many months.How do people expect my state bladers to celebrate when we never had a chance of an official event? Seems like people who have done it before are the only people who get attention. WBO doesn't seem very much interested in new organizers to me so far!

Hey! I apologize for the delay. We have indeed been busy especially lately preparing for the anniversary (and I was on vacation for three weeks in November too), but we will certainly evaluate and respond to your proposal and quiz soon. We'd love for you to be able to host an event, especially during our anniversary celebrations!