3D printed Beyblade Tournaments

With 3D printers and 3D printing services becoming more widely available I could see 3D printed Beyblade Tournaments coming within the next few years or even sooner. This could be the next big thing. 3D printed Beys could keep the hobby alive and bring new Bladers into the game. Also designing your own Bey is a step beyond customizing it. It needs way more deep thoughts (in performance-supporting design as well as esthetic design) than just copying the top tier list. Maybe there could be a few basic designs for everyone to download, print out and use or base ones designs on and expand on. And everyone could make a signature Beyblade Layer (for tournaments) that only exists once in the world. Bladers could feel free to download other Bladers designs from websites like thingiverse if the creator wants to publish it.

But there have to be some guidelines to prevent a dominance in tournaments by one design. This could indeed become very interesting. [Image: grin.png]

So, here are some ideas for the rules I came up with:
- no completely round or circular layers
- no layers that weigh over 100 grams
- No disk or disk-frame-combination that weighs over 50 grams
- no parts that are very dangerous or can cause injuries (so no sharp edges on a Bey etc.)
- every bey has to be checked by the WBO staff (per proof photos with a name tag) before being allowed for use in tournaments
- the legal Stadiums could be the B-09 Burst Standard Stadium, Decagone Stadium and ProStadium.
- only 1 3D printed Bey per deck
- maybe only 1 Bey for the whole tournament, like in the anime/manga

Please keep in mind, that these are just some early ideas I came up with. Feel free to let me know your opinion. Smile
I guess the model can be passed and get its teeth graded by some mod dedicated to that. This will make sure that the bey is not too much OP.
Have you considered drivers. No one want drivers with too much lad. I'd say nothing with better lad that xt+ should be allowed.
How about a 3D Printed Left Teeth Chip thing and a 3D Printed Right Teeth Chip thing with decent or poor teeth that is required for use in all 3D Printed Beyblades? That way, none of them can be overpowered from having too strong teeth, and that way the 3D printed beys have a way to keep them in check so that there aren't any more Spriggan Requiems or Maximum Garudas. So no Dual Spin Chips either
I'd say 30 to 50 grams max for all of the individual parts, since anything more than that would be too much for the launchers to handle.
(Jun. 25, 2019  9:10 PM)Dt20000 Wrote: How about a 3D Printed Left Teeth Chip thing and a 3D Printed Right Teeth Chip thing with decent or poor teeth that is required for use in all 3D Printed Beyblades? That way, none of them can be overpowered from having too strong teeth, and that way the 3D printed beys have a way to keep them in check so that there aren't any more Spriggan Requiems or Maximum Garudas. So no Dual Spin Chips either

Wouldn't it be easier if before you entered the tournament you had to declare the one spin direction you would use and you couldn't switch the spin direction during the tournaments.
(Jun. 25, 2019  9:17 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: I'd say 30 to 50 grams max for all of the individual parts, since anything more than that would be too much for the launchers to handle.

Actually a regular TT launcher can handle up to 120-150 grams without any problems I think. Quasar Galahad weighs 91 grams and the launcher has no problems at all. I can launch it with ease. Burst Launchers can handle way more weight than MFB Launchers can. The whole mechanism is more durable and makes it easier to launch heavy combos, at least for TT Burst Launchers.
(Jun. 25, 2019  9:48 PM)TL14 Wrote:
(Jun. 25, 2019  9:17 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: I'd say 30 to 50 grams max for all of the individual parts, since anything more than that would be too much for the launchers to handle.

Actually a regular TT launcher can handle up to 120-150 grams without any problems I think. Quasar Galahad weighs 91 grams and the launcher has no problems at all. I can launch it with ease. Burst Launchers can handle way more weight than MFB Launchers can. The whole mechanism is more durable and makes it easier to launch heavy combos, at least for TT Burst Launchers.

Yeah, but if they get too heavy, they become unfairly balanced
This is sorta impossible. Ancient Drago, and beys like it, will absolutely dominate the meta. A 100 gram layer would be unburstable. The whole "burst" gimmick requires the layer to weight as much, or less than the disk. With layers ~5× as heavy as disks, the burst gimmick is thrown out. Tl;Dr: we need weight divisions. A bey with a plastic layer would be shredded by one with metal contact points. Every 10 grams could be a new weight division, with the weight cap being 90-100 grams.
(Jun. 25, 2019  10:13 PM)Dt20000 Wrote:
(Jun. 25, 2019  9:48 PM)TL14 Wrote: Actually a regular TT launcher can handle up to 120-150 grams without any problems I think. Quasar Galahad weighs 91 grams and the launcher has no problems at all. I can launch it with ease. Burst Launchers can handle way more weight than MFB Launchers can. The whole mechanism is more durable and makes it easier to launch heavy combos, at least for TT Burst Launchers.

Yeah, but if they get too heavy, they become unfairly balanced

That's why I said 100 grams maximum for a Layer. This would give more room for experimentation with weight distribution and shapes while not having to worry too much about potentially wasting money on a 3D printed Bey that is too heavy in the end.

(Jun. 26, 2019  12:43 AM)K1D Wrote: This is sorta impossible. Ancient Drago, and beys like it, will absolutely dominate the meta. A 100 gram layer would be unburstable. The whole "burst" gimmick requires the layer to weight as much, or less than the disk. With layers ~5× as heavy as disks, the burst gimmick is thrown out. Tl;Dr: we need weight divisions. A bey with a plastic layer would be shredded by one with metal contact points. Every 10 grams could be a new weight division, with the weight cap being 90-100 grams.

Ancient Drago weighs over 110 grams which makes it illegal for every competition. But I really like the idea of weight divisions. Maybe to make it more fair, how about adding a rule that if a weight division is crossed with one Layer in the Deck, there's a handicap.
For example,
60-70 grams = only 1 3Dp Bey in a deck and 2 regular Beys
70-80 grams = only 1 3Dp Bey in a deck and only 1 regular Beys
80-90 grams = only 1 3Dp Bey in a deck and no other Beys
90-100 grams = only 1 3Dp Bey in a deck and no other Beys and no spin direction changes during the tournament
(Jun. 26, 2019  12:49 AM)TL14 Wrote:
(Jun. 25, 2019  10:13 PM)Dt20000 Wrote: Yeah, but if they get too heavy, they become unfairly balanced

That's why I said 100 grams maximum for a Layer. This would give more room for experimentation with weight distribution and shapes while not having to worry too much about potentially wasting money on a 3D printed Bey that is too heavy in the end.

(Jun. 26, 2019  12:43 AM)K1D Wrote: This is sorta impossible. Ancient Drago, and beys like it, will absolutely dominate the meta. A 100 gram layer would be unburstable. The whole "burst" gimmick requires the layer to weight as much, or less than the disk. With layers ~5× as heavy as disks, the burst gimmick is thrown out. Tl;Dr: we need weight divisions. A bey with a plastic layer would be shredded by one with metal contact points. Every 10 grams could be a new weight division, with the weight cap being 90-100 grams.

Ancient Drago weighs over 110 grams which makes it illegal for every competition. But I really like the idea of weight divisions. Maybe to make it more fair, how about adding a rule that if a weight division is crossed with one Layer in the Deck, there's a handicap.
For example,
90-100 grams = only 1 3Dp Bey in a deck and no other Beys and no spin direction changes during the tournament

How about a max of 40 grams for a layer since the heaviest layer is only 20-something, and no spin direction changes at all
(Jun. 26, 2019  1:51 AM)Dt20000 Wrote:
(Jun. 26, 2019  12:49 AM)TL14 Wrote: That's why I said 100 grams maximum for a Layer. This would give more room for experimentation with weight distribution and shapes while not having to worry too much about potentially wasting money on a 3D printed Bey that is too heavy in the end.

For example,

How about a max of 40 grams for a layer since the heaviest layer is only 20-something, and no spin direction changes at all

Ngl, weight classes are the way to go. I'd say unrestricted weight classes are the easiest way to regulate. This way we can implement subclasses. one sub-class would be special materiel. Rubber, Polycarbonate, Pom, etc
Please do this! This would be so cool! Imagine using your own custom made beys in tournaments!
(Jun. 25, 2019  1:26 PM)TL14 Wrote: With 3D printers and 3D printing services becoming more widely available I could see 3D printed Beyblade Tournaments coming within the next few years or even sooner. This could be the next big thing. 3D printed Beys could keep the hobby alive and bring new Bladers into the game. Also designing your own Bey is a step beyond customizing it. It needs way more deep thoughts (in performance-supporting design as well as esthetic design) than just copying the top tier list. Maybe there could be a few basic designs for everyone to download, print out and use or base ones designs on and expand on. And everyone could make a signature Beyblade Layer (for tournaments) that only exists once in the world. Bladers could feel free to download other Bladers designs from websites like thingiverse if the creator wants to publish it.

But there have to be some guidelines to prevent a dominance in tournaments by one design. This could indeed become very interesting. [Image: grin.png]

- no parts that are very dangerous or can cause injuries (so no sharp edges on a Bey etc.)
- every bey has to be checked by the WBO staff (per proof photos with a name tag) before being allowed for use in tournaments
- the legal Stadiums could be the B-09 Burst Standard Stadium, Decagone Stadium and ProStadium.

Please keep in mind, that these are just some early ideas I came up with. Feel free to let me know your opinion. Smile

I’m sorry to be this guy but if there’s a 3d printed bey tournament then there shouldn’t be all the rules.If anything it’s your fault if your bey loses to another in it.You should be responsible to have all the 3d printed parts made good.And it’s your fault if it loses because the combos trash.Btw this is just my opinion.
(Dec. 27, 2019  1:21 AM)The Rex Wrote:
(Jun. 25, 2019  1:26 PM)TL14 Wrote: With 3D printers and 3D printing services becoming more widely available I could see 3D printed Beyblade Tournaments coming within the next few years or even sooner. This could be the next big thing. 3D printed Beys could keep the hobby alive and bring new Bladers into the game. Also designing your own Bey is a step beyond customizing it. It needs way more deep thoughts (in performance-supporting design as well as esthetic design) than just copying the top tier list. Maybe there could be a few basic designs for everyone to download, print out and use or base ones designs on and expand on. And everyone could make a signature Beyblade Layer (for tournaments) that only exists once in the world. Bladers could feel free to download other Bladers designs from websites like thingiverse if the creator wants to publish it.

I’m sorry to be this guy but if there’s a 3d printed bey tournament then there shouldn’t be all the rules.If anything it’s your fault if your bey loses to another in it.You should be responsible to have all the 3d printed parts made good.And it’s your fault if it loses because the combos trash.Btw this is just my opinion.

Don’t revive dead threads. I’ve seen you do this on many threads. This one is six months old so please refrain from posting on dead threads again.
Especially if you're just throwing around trash talk. "I’m sorry to be this guy" are you though? Don't be that guy.
I just saw this but great ideas
Honestly, I think that tournaments for 3D printed Beys should start off with Layers that have no metal and with only light Disks so that people don't have to pay over $50 for each copy of a Layer and also because most people that own 3D printers can only print plastic with them. Then, later on, metal will be allowed on the layers up to like 50 grams, and build from there.
How about a left and right teeth base that’s checked by the WBO for each type?
This sounds like a great idea that I am definitely interested in, there is this bey I want 3d printed, Saber Valkyrie, and I would love to go to a tourney and battle others. I agree that there shouldn't be sharp contact points since that could damage other beys and people when picking their bey up, a bey shouldn't be that heavy since it could do very hard attacks.
(Dec. 30, 2019  4:24 AM)Akiya95 Wrote: How about a left and right teeth base that’s checked by the WBO for each type?

This is sorta unfeasible, given that burst resistance isn't just determined by type but by shape as well.

That and it's too easy to make a really round "Attack Type" that actually sucks for Attack just so you can use stronger teeth on your Defense type or something. It's just too easy to fudge that.
I really want to do this but people

a) can't print their own beys
b) don't have the money
c) can't go to the actual tournament

If I could I would want this bey printed called Oblivion Hydra, what would you recommend to print it
(Jan. 03, 2020  8:10 PM)bekfastblader Wrote: I really want to do this but people

b) don't have the money

If I could I would want this bey printed called Oblivion Hydra, what would you recommend to print it

a. It depends. It's actually not that hard to make your own beyblade + there are several people who are good at 3D modeling. I'm planning on making a tutorial on my youtube on how to make a beyblade in Fusion 360. Including turning any bey into burst easily
b/c. Isn't that case with even real beys tournament?

And shapeways isn't only option for 3D printing beys (if you think that cost more than you want to spend). Try searching for a local 3D printing services in your city. See if they have FDM as a method for printing. It's usually alot cheaper.
(Jan. 03, 2020  8:10 PM)bekfastblader Wrote: I really want to do this but people

b) don't have the money

1. There's always 3D printing services like Shapeways.
2. It doesn't cost much to print a 3D printed bey in comparison to getting all the parts for a competitive Combo.
3. You can always organize your own.

Your bey's name kinda reminds me of a fusion of k1mbo's Exodus Hydra and DraconicArt's Oblivion Manticore.
(Jan. 19, 2020  3:51 PM)TL14 Wrote:

b) don't have the money

1. There's always 3D printing services like Shapeways.
2. It doesn't cost much to print a 3D printed bey in comparison to getting all the parts for a competitive Combo.
3. You can always organize your own.

Your bey's name kinda reminds me of a fusion of k1mbo's Exodus Hydra and DraconicArt's Oblivion Manticore.
Umm... I make beys on tinkercad and right now I am making the infinite lock system (exact Takara Tomy one) would that be allowed?