Random Thoughts 5 - READ RULES IN FIRST POST

Glad to see you moving away from well done, at least.
We're talking about culinary?

Because I'm planning on cooking dinner for the first time for the family on Thursday. My dish? Katsudon (sliced deep fried breaded boneless pork chop topped with egg and over rice) and a salad with a Japanese ginger dressing (the kind they use in restaurants). Mom and I got the shopping done today, and I have the recipes posted on the fridge.

I need to learn how to cook now besides eggs, pasta, and rice. I mean, I'm 21 now. Even though I still live with my mom, I gotta learn how to start taking care of my own. I'm trying hard with job searching, so I gotta start cooking so I can take care of myself when I move out. Mom and my sister are amazing cooks, so I think I'll probably do well myself when I get the chance.
If you can follow directions, you can cook. The golden rule of learning is to avoid getting fancy until you're comfortable with each dish you try, until you feel you've got a mastery of that particular sub-genre.

Pork is an unforgiving first choice, though. Have a meat thermometer available.
Burnt meat = the best meat.

Kai-V's beyrank is 1337. False advertising.
Woot, feeling proud of my self. Finally complimented to Nicole today! So I was sitting next to her, she was sitting down with her legs crossed, hair on one side of her shoulder texting on her iPhone; I said "Nicole, you look beautiful today!" I made sure I said the word beautiful for a long 3 seconds. She said "Thank you" then smiled for a good 5 minutes, we kept looking back at each other and smiled. Shes GORGOUS! (idk how to spell Serious ) Her background is Japanese and Italian mixed. Wink VERY pretty indeed.

Other than that my classes was legit today. My english teacher keeps telling me to go for Honer English 11 but I'm like, naw I want easy classes and easy Honor Rolls. Sadly they've all suggest Honors class and I turned them down. Their response was "OK! See you at the meeting in April!". First thing come to my mind is "woooooooooow". I just know my mom is going to say yes T_T; fuuuuuu.

It was a good day tho.
Lucky! Gasp When I compliment the girl I like she just laughs and walks away to tell her friends and her friends come to point and laugh at me and then a few seconds there is a big crowd around me pointing and laughing! Unhappy
(Feb. 29, 2012  8:10 AM)Deikailo Wrote: Burnt meat = the best meat.

I must disagree with you. Meat, when burnt, loses much of its flavor and increases dramatically the "eating the table" feeling that you can get when you get poor-quality food.

(Feb. 29, 2012  8:10 AM)Deikailo Wrote: Kai-V's beyrank is 1337. False advertising.

It's not false. She is, in fact, "leet". It fits.

(Mar. 01, 2012  1:55 AM)MFB Mad Master Wrote: Lucky! Gasp When I compliment the girl I like she just laughs and walks away to tell her friends and her friends come to point and laugh at me and then a few seconds there is a big crowd around me pointing and laughing! Unhappy

There's a reason to go to an all-boys school. That is, you don't have to worry about stuff like that.
(Mar. 01, 2012  1:55 AM)MFB Mad Master Wrote: Lucky! Gasp When I compliment the girl I like she just laughs and walks away to tell her friends and her friends come to point and laugh at me and then a few seconds there is a big crowd around me pointing and laughing! Unhappy
I'm guessing your in middle school? Just wait until high school when you and most of the other people are a lot more mature (I would hope). everything is different at that point.

(Mar. 01, 2012  2:33 AM)Odin Wrote: It's not false. She is, in fact, "leet". It fits.
I read this as "Leek".... @.@

(Feb. 29, 2012  8:09 AM)Hazel Wrote: If you can follow directions, you can cook. The golden rule of learning is to avoid getting fancy until you're comfortable with each dish you try, until you feel you've got a mastery of that particular sub-genre.

Pork is an unforgiving first choice, though. Have a meat thermometer available.

I hear ya, but I gotta start somewhere. I've dealt with Italian Chili before, so I have a little experience cooking outside of breakfast items, rice, and pasta. The way I see it, if I can't even cook meat on my own, then I'll have a much harder time living on my own.

(Mar. 01, 2012  3:00 AM)Bey-Heart Wrote: [quote='Odin' pid='910504' dateline='1330565609']
I read this as "Leek".... @.@

Too much Hatsune Miku in the brain, huh?
(Mar. 01, 2012  1:36 AM)J o n Wrote: Other than that my classes was legit today. My english teacher keeps telling me to go for Honer English 11 but I'm like, naw I want easy classes and easy Honor Rolls. Sadly they've all suggest Honors class and I turned them down. Their response was "OK! See you at the meeting in April!". First thing come to my mind is "woooooooooow". I just know my mom is going to say yes T_T; fuuuuuu.

Yo, if you're going to Honors, you should definitely do it. It looks a lot better. Being lazy doesn't go anywhere you know, you should try Honors if you're doing well enough in English.

If your mom says yes, she's just looking out for your future. Same with the teachers.

BTW, you're gonna need to go through a whole lotta stuff to go from Regular to Honors. Just having easy Honor Roll won't give you easy access to good colleges. The fact that you decided to take Regular classes plays a big role in colleges. I would personally go for it.

Hell, I'm in 2 APs and I'm only in 10th grade. One of those classes is AP Language and Composition, which is the AP level of your grade's English. So chill out, Honors is mad easy. AP is like hell though.

Get in here, Dan.
Odin Wrote:There's a reason to go to an all-boys school. That is, you don't have to worry about stuff like that.

Yes, but then you have to worry about being socially awkward with girls through your college years. Trust me, I went to an all-boys school and when me and my friends went to college (UK college is an institute where you go to for two years, the equivalent of US junior and senior years, then you go to University which you guys call college...) life was tough cos none of us knew how to talk to girls and that instantly makes you suck. The girls could easily tell if the guy they were talking to was previously at an all boys school or not!
(Mar. 01, 2012  3:34 AM)Zain Wrote:
Odin Wrote:There's a reason to go to an all-boys school. That is, you don't have to worry about stuff like that.

Yes, but then you have to worry about being socially awkward with girls through your college years. Trust me, I went to an all-boys school and when me and my friends went to college (UK college is an institute where you go to for two years, the equivalent of US junior and senior years, then you go to University which you guys call college...) life was tough cos none of us knew how to talk to girls and that instantly makes you suck. The girls could easily tell if the guy they were talking to was previously at an all boys school or not!

This is dead true. Not that I went to an all boys school, but some of my friends did and it was hilarious to watch for a while there. That said, some of my friends didn't and they're just as bad, if not worse, but yeah.

MFB Mad Master: It's all about the way you say it and who you say it to. Don't even worry about relationships in high school, if stuff like that happens it will only get you down.
(Feb. 29, 2012  8:10 AM)Deikailo Wrote: Kai-V's beyrank is 1337. False advertising.

lol kai-v's beyrank can be whatever the hell she wants it to be she is afterall the almighty KAI-V
There is no way I can control what my BeyRank is actually, hah.
Without forging a bunch of fake matches, anyway.
(Mar. 01, 2012  1:25 PM)Kai-V Wrote: There is no way I can control what my BeyRank is actually, hah.

(Mar. 01, 2012  1:42 PM)Hazel Wrote: Without forging a bunch of fake matches, anyway.

Which - to be clear - would never, ever happen!
(Mar. 01, 2012  2:33 AM)Odin Wrote:

She is not an elite blader. Great person, yeah, but until she gets it in gear, still not 1337.

V, are we going to see a comeback at BC2 or what?
(Mar. 01, 2012  4:36 PM)Arupaeo Wrote:
(Mar. 01, 2012  1:25 PM)Kai-V Wrote: There is no way I can control what my BeyRank is actually, hah.

(Mar. 01, 2012  1:42 PM)Hazel Wrote: Without forging a bunch of fake matches, anyway.

Which - to be clear - would never, ever happen!
...again!
I would like see Kai-V make a comeback too! Everyone! Chant Kai-V and maybe she will make the comeback! Kai-V! Kai-V! Well, anyway the date for BC2 seems unknown at the moment but, I will be there! Smile
(Mar. 01, 2012  6:52 PM)MFB Mad Master Wrote: I would like see Kai-V make a comeback too! Everyone! Chant Kai-V and maybe she will make the comeback! Kai-V! Kai-V! Well, anyway the date for BC2 seems unknown at the moment but, I will be there! Smile
It's on the Saturday of Anime North, obviously.
Oh sorry didn't realize, but yay! Anime North is back! I can't wait!
(Mar. 01, 2012  6:22 PM)Deikailo Wrote: ...again!

What are you implying ?
I think she is implying that you cheated once but knowing how you are, I don't think you did :\
Oh wow how did this thread need an episode of Judge Judy...???

That is definitely Private Message material....
Yeah you're right, one quick question though, which Saturday is BC2?
That is certainly NOT what Deikailo is implying. Do not jump to such dangerous conclusions.

I lack a full understanding of the events she is referring to, but IIRC they don't refer to any currently active members of the board, nor to the current beypoint system.