Random Thoughts 5 - READ RULES IN FIRST POST

We, the users, used to be able to add in matches until a few users started posting false matches. Wasn't a crack at the committee, it was a statement regarding the system.
So a couple of things:

Probably B- on my Bio test. First back-to back B- in a MONTHS. Usually scrap with a 90, ha.

Windows 8! Looks good, probably going to use it as my main, seeing how it resembles ICS 4.0, which I absolutely WORSHIP.

And yes, I can do the Quadratics in Algebra I Cute

Its great!
Windows 8? There's going to be a windows 8 already? Aren't they gonna give 7 a little more breathing room?

So I cooked dinner for my family for the first time. Katsudon, as I've said before and to those who are not familiar, is a Japanese dish consisting of panfried breaded boneless pork cutlet with egg and topped over rice. I cooked for the household (currently 4) and a boyfriend (not mine of course lol), but was expecting one more. So I made 6 Katsudon bowls, which all went off without a hitch. the broth even turned out well; I put a little too much sugar (maybe I should've put 5 tbsp instead of the listed 6...). The important part was that I learned how to deal with meat. Like, deboning and stuff. And thanks to my experience with Popeyes (before I got fired of course), the breading and cooking process went well.

Needless to say, for my first family meal, I did A LOT better than I expected, even though Hazel said that doing meat is "an unforgiving first choice". I'll admit, doing pork was easier than doing chicken (with the skin), so having my success in cooking is a big confidence booster.

I'll post pictures of my hardwork and my personal bowl tomorrow after my opera coaching.

OH YEAH! remember that opera I mentioned a while back? The one where I didn't get a part? I was elected by some of my classmates to play the understudy, but I've been told by the teachers in charge that i'm doing a lot better than the person i' subbing for on my first day. I'm actually happy with this, and my confidence meter was pretty high up today. =D

okay, bed time. I left my script at school today by accident, so i have to go early tomorrow for a crash practice before my coaching at 12. But yeah, homemade katsudon pics tomorrow.

Also, hazel, you were right. Deboning is a pain in the Basalt.
So, I'm gonna be house-hunting today. Kinda nervous. I've lived on base housing and been told where to live for 10 years of my life. I really don't know which house we'll be living in, and what the transition will be.
I started working on a new composition. I played it for Mr McCullough (My band teacher) on Thursday and he said that it has a lot of potential, and that it's very pentatonic. Pentatonic means it focuses on five main notes. This actually isn't a bad thing, most modern music is pentatonic, so it kind of helps it in a way. I plan to keep working on this piece. If I work hard enough, it will turn out as well as it is in my head. On Monday I'll finally get to hear it on a Piano that isn't aged. Now I just need to decide on the next steps I make with this piece. Wish me luck! Joyful_2

Anyways, I'm kind of excited about this. If it turns out well enough, this could be the piece that gets me recognized as an actual composer (At the age of 15). I plan to record myself playing it on Monday, and I'll probably post the video in the "Your Creations" forum. The only downside about recording it is that it won't be the best quality in the world, and it will probably be on an aging Piano.
As long as the piano is professionally tuned and kept up with properly, the age is not of great importance within certain boundaries.

In fact, some would argue that aged pianos sound better. A similar crowd to those who claim you should never clean cymbals, because the gunk that accumulates on them produces a richer, more "broken-in" sound.
(Mar. 04, 2012  2:18 AM)Hazel Wrote: As long as the piano is professionally tuned and kept up with properly, the age is not of great importance within certain boundaries.

In fact, some would argue that aged pianos sound better. A similar crowd to those who claim you should never clean cymbals, because the gunk that accumulates on them produces a richer, more "broken-in" sound.
I'm atually one of the people who enjoys the sound of aged Pianos. It's just that a few of the keys stick and one of the E keys on the higher ends doesn't work at all (And it's suck all the way down). It's tuned fine, but it needs some work done.

In my music theory class, I practice in a tiny room that was made especially for practicing instruments. Considering that I spend more time in that room than anybody else in the school, I guess you could say it's my studio (For 5th period only). XP Just joking of course. Anyways, that's the room the aged Piano is in. I can record it in there. But if I can get permission from my teacher, I can do it in the Choir room on the beautiful Grand Piano (This is like one of the greatest Grand Pianos I've ever gotten the chance to play since it's only a couple years old.) Otherwise it will be on the aged Piano. Of course, there is a third Piano which is kept up in terms of maintenance. I might be able to record myself playing on this Piano, but it would have to be audio only since electronics are against school policy. Tongue_out I could just get the teacher to record me on his laptop.
Been thinking alot lately mainly about my life and how far ive come within this world. Ive been in about 4 states and out of the country, On a cruise and went to a camp. Sometimes i wonder if one day my contribution will be significant to humanity and i mean it i want to do something that can contribute even if its minuscule as long as it helps. In recent years i noticed a lot of people rely on me, my parents, my sister, friends, relatives heck even strangers (I help out to those who need it like helping an elderly couple carry groceries) and even still its hard to believe. Maybe its because of my lack of self esteem from so long ago heh life's amazing once you analyze it. I hope others enjoy it as much as i have so far
(Mar. 01, 2012  3:34 AM)Zain Wrote:
Odin Wrote:There's a reason to go to an all-boys school. That is, you don't have to worry about stuff like that.

Yes, but then you have to worry about being socially awkward with girls through your college years. Trust me, I went to an all-boys school and when me and my friends went to college (UK college is an institute where you go to for two years, the equivalent of US junior and senior years, then you go to University which you guys call college...) life was tough cos none of us knew how to talk to girls and that instantly makes you suck. The girls could easily tell if the guy they were talking to was previously at an all boys school or not!

At last. I found out why I am so scared of girls. I dont know how to talk to them and the since I dont want to act like a fool(which I soon make out of myself once I open my mouth) I get scared of interacting with them. Surprisingly, I have been in a Co-Ed. school for almost 10 years now and still I dont know how to talk to girls.
Can someone help me?
Be simple, try not to overact. But before you do that, make sure you know the girl. Go for the low, not the high. It will be likely that you will be denied the first time, but don't give up...

My friend (that is girl Tongue_out) has a cousin who goes to an all-girl school, and she told me that the girl had a crush on another girl...

plus my old school, despite it has aircon in it, have a lot of, um, you know already XD
Relaxation is the key to a lot of things in life.
(Mar. 08, 2012  11:52 AM)Blood Wrote: Be simple, try not to overact. But before you do that, make sure you know the girl. Go for the low, not the high. It will be likely that you will be denied the first time, but don't give up...
Denied what?
BTW Its easy to give suggestions but its way too tough(toughness can be compared to the chances of Ray Unicorno 100 RF beating Diablo Aquario BD145 CS) for me to actually do that.
Hmm.. Beyblade could help in that case... maybe.. Chief - Disappointed ...
Yesterday a friend of mine invited me to go hang out with her. (She's really cute and I like her, but that's not much of the point) She invited me to go with her to a comic and hobby shop and learn how to play Dungeons And Dragons with her (Because we both lack lives). Sadly, it was really really short notice, so my mom said no, and refused to drive me. Also, my mom wouldn't let me walk there because of the stroke I had last month. She doesn't even let me stay home alone anymore, it sucks. On the bright side, this girl might be going to church with me tomorrow night. ^^

On another note, my physical therapist is having me use these things called Chinese Health Balls. THEY'RE SO COOL!! You spin them in your hand, and it sounds like a wind chime. They also hit the pressure points in your hand without you noticing, so it's somehow supposed to help some of your organs, but I don't understand that part. I'm gonna order a couple pairs online pretty soon. I saw one that had a desing where on ball was a sun, the other was a moon, I want that pair so badly! ^^
Glad you're doing well, bro [:

Haven't been on forever, as it seems to me.

For some strange reason, I can now access YouTube on a school computer. I spent most of second period yesterday watching Call of Duty videos, haha.
(Mar. 09, 2012  2:07 AM)Nano Wrote: For some strange reason, I can now access YouTube on a school computer. I spent most of second period yesterday watching Call of Duty videos, haha.

Sagittario_Worried that's weird... normally you can browse it...

some 3rd year student's were able to block facebook on our computers... luckily I know the computers with no block, so I was able to post and play while on school (during club time)

(Mar. 09, 2012  3:07 AM)Blood Wrote:
(Mar. 09, 2012  2:07 AM)Nano Wrote: For some strange reason, I can now access YouTube on a school computer. I spent most of second period yesterday watching Call of Duty videos, haha.

Sagittario_Worried that's weird... normally you can browse it...

some 3rd year student's were able to block facebook on our computers... luckily I know the computers with no block, so I was able to post and play while on school (during club time)

The district blocks websites like YouTube and Facebook, along with other sites such as forums.

Maybe it's because teachers use YouTube to teach. My science teacher always shows us videos online, and same with other teachers.
My school is hypocritical towards those things. I can kind of understand it.
But this is their thought process:
>internet
>lots of bad people (true)
>X SITE WILL DISTURB DURING CLASS EVEN THOUGH WE HAVE TOTAL CONTROL OVER COMPUTERS
>same with every other site
Luckily the WBO isn't blocked. Used to play Minecraft.

but then a teacher saw and said "im telling mr. tech guy" and I was all "dammit"

But I have Minecraft on my phone now, so no worries LOL.
I once played cat videos in Multimedia. Fun times.
I now know how to sing in 4 languages. English, Italian, Japanese, and Korean (Korean being the latest).

My goal now is to sing in German. W00t German.
Know how to sing ? Do you know the full languages at all or do you just know some songs in each language ? I listen to Dir en grey all the time but I would not say that I know Japanese. What is even the distinction between "singing in English" and "singing in Spanish" ? Perhaps I missed something ...
(Mar. 09, 2012  4:52 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Know how to sing ? Do you know the full languages at all or do you just know some songs in each language ? I listen to Dir en grey all the time but I would not say that I know Japanese. What is even the distinction between "singing in English" and "singing in Spanish" ? Perhaps I missed something ...

Singing is to correctly sing a song. Singing in English for me is correctly saying and sounding out the words. Same with Spanish (I'm fluent in both). I know the Gundam age OP and Beyblade 4D OP by heart. Doesn't mean I'm fluent. So in my opinion, it's all a matter of can you say the words right.
OK, but then it is just a matter of pronouncing things properly, it does not really have anything to do with singing ?
I was on Reddit, and found this picture...
Only in Portland Oregon (Click to View)
I'm proud to live in Oregon, haha.

On my way back from Seattle, I also saw a Storm Trooper drive a little white sports car, and a guy with a fake arm ridding a motorcycle.
So I got back from my eye doctor's office today... well carp.
Apparently my left eye surgery was botched and the drainage valve for my occular pressure was clogged so now I'm on a occular decompression drop regimine until I can schedual another surgery to get my left eye implant re-wired. Oh life, it becomes much more of a task when every day you wake up and worry if your sight is going to fade out during an important time.

Blurry vision has been becoming more of a problem and I'm seeing rainbow halos around powerful light sources. The doc said that it should clear up through my drop regimine and I shouldn't worry about my right eye because that implant went in well.

The implant I'm talking about is a tube-like implant that connects your tear ducts to the viscous buildup that glaucoma causes and makes a sort of occular dam for the excess built up eye fluid to escape.

I hope this bodes over well, my eye health is okay but every now and then... I kinda doubt it.
Heh, maybe I might study to become a regenerative therapist and cure blindness or somthing
First of all, I'm sorry to hear about the need for additional surgery - that stinks.

A more thorough conversation would probably be possible over in the general health thread.