Random Thoughts 5 - READ RULES IN FIRST POST

(Mar. 09, 2012  4:52 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Know how to sing ? Do you know the full languages at all or do you just know some songs in each language ? I listen to Dir en grey all the time but I would not say that I know Japanese. What is even the distinction between "singing in English" and "singing in Spanish" ? Perhaps I missed something ...

More like "grasped the understanding". It's only a song, but it's a start. I'm actually pretty terrible with and have loittle to noconfidence about singing and speaking second languages because I'm way too fluent with English. For example, if I tried to speak Tagalog, it's sound a bit butchered and white. If I tried to speak Italian, it sounds too much like spanish (and not the beautiful sounding one, either). If I tried to sing Japanese, I'd mess up some of my vowels, and it'd sound too whiteish. And if I tried to sing in Korean...well, I still have a while from the starting point (but I'm glad to say that I've run out of that starting point and am taking lessons from classmates and peers wellversed in the language).

It's not more so knowing the language, since I have little patience in learning an entirely new vocab, but that I CAN sing another language. I just need to practice
more. I think the more appropriate way of wording my post is, "I've expanded my musical pallate with Korean!" Does that make sense or no...?

Edit: Don't mind my grammar slipups. It's harder for me to type a legit post without my phone being stupid...
I can sing the Chinese Metal Fight Beyblade opening theme song. This does not mean I'm singing in Chinese. Serious
It does, as long as the theme is Chinese, you are singing in Chinese. It's more of a "I can sing this song, and it happens to be in X Language" but yeah, you're still singing in that language. Generally though if you can sing in one language you can sing in another.
I was making a bad joke because the Chinese MFB theme song contains some notoriously awful Engrish:

That's how I feel about it, too. My old teacher once told me, "Media is one of the easiest ways to learn a language." Singing in other languages is kind of like a lesson; you learn a new language through interest and interaction rather than just reading a book. Of course, singing is different from speaking. You can't expect to sing in Italian, then try to speak it like it's sung; there's an accent to it. There are certain ways to speak a language as if you would your native/first and most comfortable language. Same with French, German (lol I almost spelled that with a J), Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin, Tagalog, Japanese, Korean, Indian, etc.

That said, I have a long way to go before I can start speaking other languages properly compared to just singing it. It's a start, but it won't get me where it needs to be.

--

And so I begin my week of no more school. Except Wednesday, I got blocking for an Opera because I'm a sub. It took me a while to figure out what voice to give my character, and when someone told me that he's kind of "over-dramatic", I was at a mondo loss. And then I found THIS video.
NOOO! YOU HAVE THE MIXTURE ALL WROOOOONG!

And now I'm doing my best to give my character that type of voice and...character. It's kinda fun.
(Mar. 12, 2012  7:45 AM)To Wrote: I was making a bad joke because the Chinese MFB theme song contains some notoriously awful Engrish:
[video here]

Oh wow.
So yesterday I went to this mall that I rarely go to, and my little brother told me to go to this games store because he said they do Pokemon Card Game stuff. When I got there, turns out they were doing their Pokemon battles; when I walked in, some like, seven year old or something yelled "Flamethrower!" to the twenty something looking man he was playing against, haha. It was just a bunch of people that were under eight years old and people who were twenty and older and living in their momma's basement. It just didn't seem right, and I felt kinda weird going in there, haha, and all of a sudden they all turned to me and my older brother, haha. Me and my brother were both like "I don't think we fit in well there, haha" when we got out. Are all the Pokemon places like that? Are all the WBO tournaments like that? Haha, not being offensive by the way!
IDK about the Pokémon places, but tournaments definitely aren't. The two that I've been two were very fun, and the people were sociable enough. Not too many weirdos around (jk), and the young kids were good for the most part.
(Mar. 12, 2012  7:34 PM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: So yesterday I went to this mall that I rarely go to, and my little brother told me to go to this games store because he said they do Pokemon Card Game stuff. When I got there, turns out they were doing their Pokemon battles; when I walked in, some like, seven year old or something yelled "Flamethrower!" to the twenty something looking man he was playing against, haha. It was just a bunch of people that were under eight years old and people who were twenty and older and living in their momma's basement. It just didn't seem right, and I felt kinda weird going in there, haha, and all of a sudden they all turned to me and my older brother, haha. Me and my brother were both like "I don't think we fit in well there, haha" when we got out. Are all the Pokemon places like that? Are all the WBO tournaments like that? Haha, not being offensive by the way!

: /
i noticed this when my gravity Perseus stopped spinning but, if you look at it's face motif upside-down, it looks like a giraffe/horse/zebra looking thing...
sry if this has already been posted in another thread, no time to look...
a) Wrong thread, this is for non-Beyblade random thoughts.
b) This is already known, the other face of Gravity Perseus is Medusa.
Pokémon Vietnamese Crystal.

Nuff said.
I was watching beyblade on TV, then all of a sudden ***TORNADO WATCH***

That freaked me out. Serious

Anyone else have a tornado watch/warning in their area?
(Mar. 13, 2012  12:51 AM)kbuno50 Wrote: I was watching beyblade on TV, then all of a sudden ***TORNADO WATCH***

Anyone else have a tornado watch/warning in their area?

Only every 5 minutes.
In Arkansas it can go from raining to a blizzard, to sunshine, and back.
It's absolutely defying what nature tells it to do, haha. What's funny is that we're the "Natural" state.
Lol.

Once, there was a tornado watch in school. We just sat in the hallways and talked for 2 hours.

There goes math and science Tongue_out
(Mar. 13, 2012  12:34 AM)Crab Commando Wrote: I personally enjoy to "Sure win" with my "Be Brave" Tongue_out_wink
Anyway, yikes. Chocked_2 That's some really awful translating. Reminds me of that fake Pokemon game "Pokemon Jade", where they would say things like "Some points of 65 lost!" when you would take damage. But that opening is just plain hilarious.

I actually own a copy of that game under the name "Pocket Monsters Diamond". It's a Babel fish translated version of a legitimate Japanese kids RPG called Telefang. The Telefang games were made by Smilesoft, a studio founded by former Medabots staff members. Smilesoft would be closed a few years later after some slightly disturbing events. Telefang and the rest of Smilesoft's games were bought up by Imagineer, the company who makes Medabots games.

(Mar. 13, 2012  12:51 AM)kbuno50 Wrote: I was watching beyblade on TV, then all of a sudden ***TORNADO WATCH***

Did you think Tyson was in an epic Beybattle or something?
(Mar. 12, 2012  7:34 PM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: So yesterday I went to this mall that I rarely go to, and my little brother told me to go to this games store because he said they do Pokemon Card Game stuff. When I got there, turns out they were doing their Pokemon battles; when I walked in, some like, seven year old or something yelled "Flamethrower!" to the twenty something looking man he was playing against, haha. It was just a bunch of people that were under eight years old and people who were twenty and older and living in their momma's basement. It just didn't seem right, and I felt kinda weird going in there, haha, and all of a sudden they all turned to me and my older brother, haha. Me and my brother were both like "I don't think we fit in well there, haha" when we got out. Are all the Pokemon places like that? Are all the WBO tournaments like that? Haha, not being offensive by the way!

Yu-Gi-Oh is similar in a way; there's 3 types of age groups that you see often:

Too young to be probably be playing the game competitively, about 8-10 years old. (Rare to see)
Regular age, about 13-18. (Most common)
And then the people who are over 20+. (moderate)

Since Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokémon are both played in the same type of hobby shops usually, I expect the audiences who play the card games to be about the same as well. Also, WBO tournaments are basically the same, except in reverse where Over 20+ is hard to see, 13-18 is moderate, and 8-10 is commonplace. (As it should be, haha.)
Not that being over 20 feels odd at a beyblade tournament, at least here, the kids seem to like having a couple of older competitors, and they seem to really feel like they've achieved something when they beat an older player, because that's very possible in beyblade.
-POKEMON RANTS AND PROS OF THE MONTH- (With some news about the video game champion.)
PROS
Got 2 Full art Reshiram EX
Got 1 Full art Zekrom EX
Got 1 Reshiram EX
Got a Promo Zekrom EX
And thats it.
RANTS
Donked by LL again.
Donked by #1 senior in Maryland again.
PWNED by a nine year old running 4 Mewtwo EXes.
Flipping tails twice

Now for the stupidity that is the VG champ... or is he?
There are stupid, retarded, and even braindead people, but he is stupider than all of them. COMBINED.
Right before his championship match, he decides to... um... "dispose of" his feces in the hotel hallway. He wins the championship match, but when they present him the trophy, they get a phone call from the hotel. They strip him from his title and send him home.
Idiots these days...
I have read about that and laughed, died from dignity hemorrhaging.
I was just shocked...

Why the carp would he ever consider doing that? The hotel is nice enough to let him stay there, and when he wins the championship it is a huge honor to represent the pinnacle of TCG Competitive Play.

What a total fool.
What would convince someone in their right mind to even do that?
Seriously, what the hell?
It is pretty hilarious. You don't see that everyday, not even on YouTube!