Wyvang Discussion

Poll: What type is Wyvang best for, in your opinion?

Attack
43.64%
Defense
9.09%
Stamina
27.27%
Balance
20.00%
Total: 100% 55 vote(s)
(Jan. 13, 2013  3:19 PM)dark aquario 55 Wrote: would wyvang be a good balance type like I like to use killkren wyvang sp230hf as a balance
Zancrow and Kain's testing clearly shows it power to KO is the main function of Wyvang whether its attack or anti-attack. Seems 120-145 is the best height range for it. Putting it on top of a 230 seems to renderit pointless.
(Jan. 13, 2013  3:42 AM)H3LLΩ Wrote: shinobu, I dont have a RSF, RB or RDF, but I do have a CS, except it's not aggressive. Would tht be ok to test?
KainHighwind, I aligned my launcher in a angle with the slope and launched, which generally works for me.

Has anyone tried a Dragooon Wyvang combo? Forgive me if Dragooon isn't good for attack.

Try tilting it at a little more of an angle than the slope.

And yes, I have tried several Dragooon setups with it. It doesn't seem to KO as well as Begirados/Pegasis Dragooon, but it seems to push at least as good as Killerken Dragooon, if not a little better.
When you tried it with Dragooon, were you using it as a left spin or right spin?
(Jan. 13, 2013  3:42 AM)H3LLΩ Wrote: shinobu, I dont have a RSF, RB or RDF, but I do have a CS, except it's not aggressive. Would tht be ok to test?
Yes, a passive CS would still work fine.

Ok... could someone else do some E230 tests as well? Because I'm quite sure I'm doing something wrong..
Can someone try Wyvang TH170 RF? I'm not sure what the other chrome wheel should be.
(Jan. 13, 2013  6:31 PM)Thunder Dome Wrote: Can someone try Wyvang TH170 RF? I'm not sure what the other chrome wheel should be.

I don't think there is much point in using TH170... The best hight for Wyvang right now is anywhere from 120 - 145.
(Jan. 13, 2013  6:04 PM)H3LLΩ Wrote: Ok... could someone else do some E230 tests as well? Because I'm quite sure I'm doing something wrong..

Its not that you are probably doing something, it just takes a little practice. And I was using Dragooon in left spin.
This might be a little off topic, but what do you mean by Practicing?
By practicing. You know practice launches.
Oh.. well I think by now I would be doing that correctly.
Most people consider all attack types the same, as far as launching goes. But they really are not, especially with the Synchrom system. Take Goreim Wyvang for example, Goreim obviously doesn't have the KO power Wyvang does. It is just there to help with some weight distro, and to add spin velocity, so you don't really want it to make contact with the opponent. By banking a little deeper than you normally would, it puts Wyvang at the tilt it needs to be at to where it is making contact instead of it and Goreim. You need to practice to find that perfect angle. On the flip side, if you had something like Pegasis Gryph, you wouldn't want as deep of a bank cause Pegasis needs to make the most contact possible. If that makes sense.
Ok, thank for the explanation. Smile
You guys were using Goreim on the bottom, right?
And when you mean by deep bank, do you mean an angle more towards 90 degrees or below 45 degrees?
Yeah Goreim is on the bottom because it says Goreim Wyvang. Which ever name comes first is the bottom.
(Jan. 13, 2013  11:52 PM)Thunder Dome Wrote: Yeah Goreim is on the bottom because it says Goreim Wyvang. Which ever name comes first is the bottom.

Thank you for making that clear. I'm still a little new to the synchrom system. Smile
The deeper the bank, the more tilted the top is toward the center.
Oh... No wonder. I generally launch more towards the outer ring... I will practice that and hopefully test some mmore.

EDIT: I practiced a bit and I got a little better at banking, but I will practice more.

I also tested Wyvang as a spin stealer, forgive me if these combo are outdated or weren't good to test.

Wyvang Dragooon CH120 (145) EWD vs. Reviser Killerken E230RS
Dragooon: 20 wins, all OS's.
Killerken: 0 wins

I also tried testing against Phantom Cancer 230D. I tried using CH120 but it got murdered in like the first few seconds. So, I tried 160 since it was tall enough to hit the wheel, and I don't have SA165 if you were wondering.

Wyvang Dragooon 160EWD vs. Phantom Cancer 230D
Dragooon: 17 wins, all OS's.
Cancer: 3 wins, all OS's.

When it was against Phantom Cancer, the main reason it lost was because it didn't drain enough spin and started circling around Cancer, and skimmed on the bottom of the stadium.

Again, forgive me if these weren't good combos to use.
(Jan. 14, 2013  1:18 AM)H3LLΩ Wrote: Oh... No wonder. I generally launch more towards the outer ring... I will practice that and hopefully test some mmore.

EDIT: I practiced a bit and I got a little better at banking, but I will practice more.

I also tested Wyvang as a spin stealer, forgive me if these combo are outdated or weren't good to test.

Dragooon: 20 wins (all OS's)
Dragooon Win % = 100%

I also tried testing against Phantom Cancer 230D. I tried using CH120 but it got murdered in like the first few seconds. So, I tried 160 since it was tall enough to hit the wheel, and I don't have SA165 if you were wondering.

Dragooon: 17 wins (all OS's)
Cancer: 3 wins (all OS's)
Dragooon Win % = 85%

When it was against Phantom Cancer, the main reason it lost was because it didn't drain enough spin and started circling around Cancer, and skimmed on the bottom of the stadium.

I cleaned up your format a little bit so it is easier to read. Also, make sure you state what mode any mode changing parts are in. For example, was E230 in normal or boost mode? Was Phantom in Stamina or Attack mode(this is usually obvious, but you would be surprised how many people accidentally have it in Attack mode)?

A combo on RS, especially when it is using E230, is not going to be hard to beat with a spin stealer/equalizer, so those results do not really show anything. However, one thing the vs Phantom tests show is that Wyvang Dragooon apparently has decent balance if it was able to OS Phantom using 160EWD.
Could someone test MSF-H Goreim Wyvang CH120 RF vs Revizer Dragooon SA165 EWD.
(Jan. 16, 2013  4:50 PM)KainHighwind Wrote:
(Jan. 14, 2013  1:18 AM)H3LLΩ Wrote: Oh... No wonder. I generally launch more towards the outer ring... I will practice that and hopefully test some mmore.

Dragooon: 20 wins (all OS's)
Dragooon Win % = 100%

Dragooon: 17 wins (all OS's)
Cancer: 3 wins (all OS's)
Dragooon Win % = 85%

I cleaned up your format a little bit so it is easier to read. Also, make sure you state what mode any mode changing parts are in. For example, was E230 in normal or boost mode? Was Phantom in Stamina or Attack mode(this is usually obvious, but you would be surprised how many people accidentally have it in Attack mode)?

A combo on RS, especially when it is using E230, is not going to be hard to beat with a spin stealer/equalizer, so those results do not really show anything. However, one thing the vs Phantom tests show is that Wyvang Dragooon apparently has decent balance if it was able to OS Phantom using 160EWD.
Ok. I don't really know what to consider normal or boost mode, but the disk was in the higher position. What tip could I use instead of RS? And should I test against any other combos? Would tests against attack types help?

You could probably use CS.
Does it matter if its not aggressive?
Yeah thats fine.
Ok, first of all, no offense thunder dome but you are super special to ask for that request. You do know that attack beats stamina right? And Goreim Wyvang has just about proven to be on par if not better than Flash, so I'm going to give you a little time to imagine those results in your head before anyone wastes their time typing 20-0.

Boost mode is when the disk is in the higher position. Generally it is better to test with the disk in normal mode. And a non aggressive CS is quite ok to test against. In fact most people prefer it for defense and stamina/defense balance customs. As far as other combos to test against, try phantom or duo with W145/AD145 WD.
Ok so would you prefer me to test Reviser Killerken E230 (Normal Mode) CS and Phantom Cancer AD145 WD?