Wyvang Discussion

Poll: What type is Wyvang best for, in your opinion?

Attack
43.64%
Defense
9.09%
Stamina
27.27%
Balance
20.00%
Total: 100% 55 vote(s)
Yes, give those a try. Spin stealers/equalizers usually have little issues beating defense unless it's an RDF combo, so it's always good to test them against stamina combos.
Equipment
Wyvang Dragooon 160EWD vs. Reviser Killerken E230 (Normal Mode) CS
Dragooon: 19 wins (All OS's)
Killerken: 1 win (OS)
Dragooon win percentage: 95%

Now lets try CH120, only 10 matches though.
Wyvang Dragooon CH120 EWD vs. Phantom Cancer (Stamina mode) AD145 WD
Seven draws.
Dragooon: 10 wins (All OS's)
Cacner: 0 wins
Dragooon win percentage: 100%

And now in 145 mode, and again only 10 matches.
Wyvang Dragooon CH120 (145) EWD vs. Phantom Cancer (Stamina mode) AD145 WD
Six draws.
Dragooon: 7 wins (6 OS's and 1 KO)
Cancer: 3 wins (2 OS's and 1 KO)'
Dragooon win percentage: 70%
awesome testes h3LL and I wonder why when ch120 is in 145 mode the beyblade just gets worse
Th height of the other bey blade is its weakness, it makes more contact with Dragooon and allows it to steal even more spin XD
That is absolutely incorrect......the lower Dragooon is the better its center of gravity is to help it stay upright and balanced at the end.

(Jan. 18, 2013  3:55 AM)KainHighwind Wrote: That is absolutely incorrect......the lower Dragooon is the better its center of gravity is to help it stay upright and balanced at the end.

...I beg to differ. When the taller bey leans, ON TOP OF Dragoon, it makes more contact, stealing more spin.
Sorry for not clearing that up.
And that another part I didn't know, the more ya know.
Dude just stop.....you have no clue what you are talking about. You basically just said the opponent is stealing spin while force smashing, which is just ignorant. Any opponent higher than a spin stealer/equalizer its going to be at a disadvantage simply because of balance at the very end of the battle. The whole reason Duo 230MB's biggest weakness is spin stealers/equalizers. Do not argue this point anymore with me in this thread. If you wish to continue spreading this misinformation then do so in PM so the rest of the world doesn't have to suffer.
So should any other SPin Stealer tests be done?
Tests against BGrin could be helpful.
Ok. I don't really know any BGrin combos so what should I use?
Phantom BGrin would work fine. For the clear wheel, Cancer/Cygnus/Hades are preferred, but you can use Orion if you don't own those.
MSF-H Wyvang Dragooon SA160EWD vs. MF-H Duo Cygnus 230MB

Standard Procedure:

Alternating Launches
EWD in good condition
MB in good condition

Dragooon: 10 wins (1 KO, 9 OS)
Duo: 0 wins (0 KO, 0 OS)
Dragooon win percentage: 100%
Round-By-Round Results:
MSF-H Wyvang Dragooon SA160EWD vs. MF-H Duo Cygnus B:D

Standard Procedure:

Alternating Launches
EWD in good condition
4 MINUTE MOLD B:D

Dragooon: 5 wins (5 KO, 0 OS)
Duo: 15 wins (2 KO, 13 OS)
2 Draws, Both Redone
Dragooon win percentage: 25%
Round-By-Round Results:
If Dragooon couldn't KO Duo, then it wasn't gonna win. Plain and simple.
Good tests Zancrow! And here are mine.

Equipment: BB-10 stadium
Red right spin beylauncher
Zero-G left spin launcher w/ ripcord

Wyvang Dragooon 160EWD vs. Phantom Cancer (Stamina mode) B: D
Dragooon: 0 wins
Cancer: 10 wins (all OS's)
Dragooon win percentage: 0%

I did only 10 rounds because Dragooon wasn't doing that great. I wasn't as surprised after I saw Zancrow's tests.
Well, I'm not that surprised it lost to BGrin I guess. Anyways, I tested against Duo E230 CS last night, and it got destroyed.
MSF-H Goreim Wyvang GB145 RF vs MF-H Duo Gasher E230 CS
Wyvang:15 Wins(All KO)
Duo:5 Wins(All OS)
If anyone has a Girago wheel, could you test Wyvang Girago or Girago Wyvang to see how Wyvang does an a pure attack combo?
Should we put the tests in the OP?
I just updated the OP. Sorry if it's a little messy.
Ok thanks!
It might be a little less messy if the win percentages, and titles were bold and underlined only.
its interesting that MSF-H Wyvang Dragooon SA160EWD lost against MF-H Duo Cygnus BGrin because isn't Wyvang Dragoon SA160EWD a spin stealer ???
(Feb. 05, 2013  6:01 PM)Dark Aquario 55 Wrote: its interesting that MSF-H Wyvang Dragooon SA165EWD lost against MF-H Duo Cygnus B:D because isn't Wyvang Dragoon SA165EWD a spin stealer ???

I fixed your errors....

The only thing interesting about this is that means Wyvang apparently doesn't balance as well with Dragooon as some other Chrome Wheels. Also, it is well known that Duo B:D gives all but well balanced spin stealers/equalizers trouble, so this should not surprise you.
MSF M Wyvang Wyvang GB145 MF vs Killer Ken Dragooon SA165 EWD (Mint EWD)
Nice tests. Any particular reason why you chose GB145 and MF?
(Feb. 10, 2013  10:14 PM)Thunder Dome Wrote: Nice tests. Any particular reason why you chose GB145 and MF?

GB145 Was chosen because the metal balls help add additional weight to the contact points on Wyvang. MF was chosen because It had the extra speed and weight I wanted. And the tip looks nice on GB145 hah
Why test against stamina though?
Can you test against something different than Dragoon SA165 EWD? It's not that hard to KO. Also can you post some benchmarks?
(Feb. 10, 2013  10:29 PM)Thunder Dome Wrote: Can you test against something different than Dragoon SA165 EWD? It's not that hard to KO. Also can you post some benchmarks?

Ill test against something different tonight.