Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events

Hey, I always toy around with Basalt 230WB after the Duo 230MB combo was made. Well, it's close enough.
Yes it is quite close, but considering the fact that WB and MB have their differences, which is actually why a WB is a BIG "no-no" on the Duo 230MB combo; its quite shocking to see the inferior variant beat the original combo there! Grin
Though yes, Basalt's weight and imbalance might allow it to wobble more, but yeah!

Then again, it might be the Stalling Clause, which might also have helped that combo to win. Smile
Not saying its a bad combo, its actually quite good to see unorthodox combos place ahead of top tier combos, but yeah!
actually it wasnt ever duo 230MB vs basalt 230WB....it was duo 230MB vs meteo CH120WD and gravity D125R2F vs Basalt 230WB...thats why gameboysuperman won...stalling clause was in favour of him Smile
Looks like you got confused, i had to use the duo combo against meteo due to the stalling clause in the finals, so i lost to gameboysuperman. while nikil had to use gravity combo against basalt combo, (stalling clause used)
so gameboysuperman won, while nikil usd meteo combo against my gravity combo (stalling clause used) so he lost
the stalling clause was on gbs side, so he was lucky and placed 1st..
Aw, come on, a win is a win.
It's just as much down to people making intelligent choices during stalling clause as it is luck... Honestly, maybe I'm reading your post wrong, ashton, but it sounds a little sore. Apologies if that's not the case, but yeah.
Bey Bash : Bey Crash Course (Jakarta 10th June 2012):
1. Sammy Lie - MF-H DIABLO KERBECS BD145MF, MF-L DUO HOROGIUM 230CS
2. Real Madrid - MF-H GRAVITY PERSEUS E230EWD, MF-H PHANTOM BULL 90EWD, MF-H DUO BULL CH120EWD, MF-H DUO BULL 85RSF
3. N0SkillBl@der - MF-H DIABLO KERBECS BD145RF, MF-H FLASH ORION AD145RF, MF-H DUO BULL E230CS, MF-H VARIARES R145RF
I'm intrigued by that Gravity Perseus E230EWD, very much so, actually.

What did it beat in that tournament?
Yeah, it is quite a good combo. Enzoxs used it at Beydays Super Bash! (26/05/12) [London, UK) and placed 3rd with it.
(Jun. 10, 2012  5:46 AM)DefStamina88 Wrote: Sorry for bumping the thread, but I got results from The BeyGinning of Something Good:

1st: stormscorpio1 (MF-H Duo Aquario BD145MB, MF-H Phantom Orion B : D)
2nd: Thunder Dome (MF-H Meteo L-Drago BD145MF, MF-H Flash Scorpio H145RF)
3rd: Dark_Mousy (MF-H Duo Aquario 230D, MF-H Flash Escolpio H145RF)

The bolded combo was the most outlying factor in the tournament...
My good old meteo game changer. Surprised you guys didn't it?

(Jun. 10, 2012  12:09 PM)N0$killBl@der Wrote: Bey Bash : Bey Crash Course (Jakarta 10th June 2012):
1. Sammy Lie - MF-H DIABLO KERBECS BD145MF, MF-L DUO HOROGIUM 230CS
2. Real Madrid - MF-H GRAVITY PERSEUS E230EWD, MF-H PHANTOM BULL 90EWD, MF-H DUO BULL CH120EWD
3. N0SkillBl@der - MF-H DIABLO KERBECS BD145RF, MF-H FLASH ORION AD145RF, MF-H DUO BULL E230CS, MF-H VARIARES R145RF
Don't forget MF-H Duo Bull 85RSF that beat your Diablo BD145RF Tongue_out

(Jun. 10, 2012  12:16 PM)DefStamina88 Wrote: I'm intrigued by that Gravity Perseus E230EWD, very much so, actually.

It beat Jenson's Duo 230CS/MB (3-0), wpardin's Phantom 230MB (3-0), & mystery13's Flash AD145RF (3-0).
Its actually a pretty good combo.
I'm pretty surprised about that last victory against Flash AD145RF.
One would think that E230D would have better defense than EWD on E230, correct?
If that's the case, then I'm even more surprised, since Flash AD145RF has the opposite results against E230D.
And E230D had a 3-0 loss to Duo Aquario 230MB Gasp
Weird.
It lost balance easily, then left it vulnerable to get KOed, I'm gonna guess that EWD would somehow be better on E230?
It's nice to see that metagames are increasingly becoming more balanced. You have your attacks, defenses, staminas, hybrids, and spin equalizers.
(Jun. 10, 2012  7:31 PM)Real Madrid Wrote:
(Jun. 10, 2012  12:16 PM)DefStamina88 Wrote: I'm intrigued by that Gravity Perseus E230EWD, very much so, actually.

It beat Jenson's Duo 230CS/MB (3-0), wpardin's Phantom 230MB (3-0), & mystery13's Flash AD145RF (3-0).
Its actually a pretty good combo.

Hmmm. I've seriously been overlooking E230 too much in its use. It's actually pretty good!

What makes me wonder though; EWD on a tall track? Why didn't he use D or CS?
EWD/D/SD/W2D are all quite decent with tall tracks if you have a certain concept for a combo in mind.
What confuses me is that the E230EWD won against Flash AD145RF and Duo Aquario 230MB, while E230D had no chance whatsoever against either.
Please read the OP.
This thread isn't for just any winning combo, and the combo you posted isn't even complete..
Anyways, here are the combos of the top bladers at Retribution.

First Place - Zancrow - Using L-Drago Guardian B:D, MF-H Duo Aquario 230JB, and MF-L Flash Orion S130RF

Second Place - MxGIC - Using MF-H Flash Capricorne H145R2F, Diablo Lynx BD145LRF, and MF-F Phantom Leone 230CS

Third Place - Zer0 - Using Duo Kronos TH170WD

These results were pretty funny seeing as all three of the top bladers had gotten First Place at a previous tournament.
(Jun. 11, 2012  7:02 PM)Zancrow Wrote: First Place - Zancrow - Using L-Drago Guardian BGrin, MF-H Duo Aquario 230JB, and MF-L Flash Orion S130RF

Second Place - MxGIC - Using MF-H Flash Capricorne H145R2F, Diablo Lynx BD145LRF, and MF-F Phantom Leone 230CS

Third Place - Zer0 - Using Duo Kronos TH170WD

Okay, seriously, am I the only one who dislikes and overlooks JB on here? Especially on 230? Confused Def88 needs an explanation on how these JB combos are winning so much...

I'm also impressed to see LDG BD place 1st. Pretty interesting...
I wanted to use interesting combos at this tournament, and JB has been doing greatly on the combo for me, haha, so I decided "Why not?!"
L-Drago Guardian B:D wrecks 220, 230, and E230. But only them. It will consistently lose to any lower heights lol, but I used it knowing that several people would be using 230 height combos (which they did!).
It beat the Phantom Leone 230CS and a Duo Cygnus 230MB.
JB wins because it actually rocks for some combos but no one looks at it because they're too busy playing with dull cookie-cutter carp.

Zancrow, winning a tourney with Jb, you are now my hero.
(Jun. 12, 2012  12:20 AM)th!nk Wrote: JB wins because it actually rocks for some combos but no one looks at it because they're too busy playing with dull cookie-cutter carp.

Zancrow, winning a tourney with Jb, you are now my hero.

Speaking of which, someone should find a truly weird combo to use in the Zero-G stadium that works....
What did the JB won against?
Here are the Winning Combos from June Joust (16/06/12) [London, UK]:

1st - Enzoxs: MF-H Meteo L-Drago BD145 RDF, MF-H Duo Cancer(?) 230 MB
2nd - BeyHyperKiLLer: MF-H Diablo Kerbecs 85 RDF, MF-H Flash Escolpio H145 RF, MF-H Duo Kerbecs BD145 CS, MF-H Gravity Perseus BD145 RDF
3rd - BLAZING DRAGON: MF Gravity Perseus 100 EWD, MF-H Death Bull(?) E230 D/SD
4th - Woof: MF-H Phantom (?) BGrin, MF-H Duo Cygnus BGrin,
5th - LeeDraciel: MF-H Diablo Kerbecs 85/90/100 RDF, MF-F(?) Variares T125 XF, MF Gravity Perseus 100/90/85 EWD, MSF Orojya Orojya BD145 MB
6th - theWBBAblader: MF-F(?) Variares R145 DS, MF Diablo Aquario UW145 R2F

There was actually some really weird things being used today, For e.g: the Variares T125 XF, MF-H Death E230 D and strangest of them all; Variares R145 DS! I don't even know how the last one got to the finals, but whatever... XD

I have probably left out a heap of things people used so i will ask around.
(Jun. 16, 2012  8:02 PM)BeyHyperKiLLer Wrote: Here are the Winning Combos from June Joust (16/06/12) [London, UK]:

1st - Enzoxs: MF-H Meteo L-Drago BD145 RDF, MF-H Duo Cancer(?) 230 MB
2nd - BeyHyperKiLLer: MF-H Diablo Kerbecs 85 RDF, MF-H Flash Escolpio H145 RF, MF-H Duo Kerbecs BD145 CS, MF-H Gravity Perseus BD145 RDF
3rd - BLAZING DRAGON: MF Gravity Perseus 100 EWD, MF-H Death Bull(?) E230 D/SD
4th - Woof: MF-H Phantom (?) BGrin, MF-H Duo Cygnus BGrin,
5th - LeeDraciel: MF-H Diablo Kerbecs 85/90/100 RDF, MF-F(?) Variares T125 XF, MF Gravity Perseus 100/90/85 EWD, MSF Phoenic Phoenic BD145 MB
6th - theWBBAblader: MF-F(?) Variares R145 DS, MF-F(?) Diablo (?) 105/100/90/85(?) RF/R2F

There was actually some really weird things being used today, For e.g: the Variares T125 XF, MF-H Death E230 D and strangest of them all; Variares R145 DS! I don't even know how the last one got to the finals, but whatever... XD

I have probably left out a heap of things people used so i will ask around.

Actually, these combos are all confusing me. How is all of this unusual stuff doing so well?

Absolutely mind-blown Def88 needs explanation on what happened, now...