Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events

(Dec. 04, 2019  9:58 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Dec. 02, 2019  7:55 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Strange to see spiral’ on the winning combos list, especially at first place. I also haven’t seen archer Hercules in a while on the winning combos list so it’s nice to see it again. The Cho-Z Spriggan combo was a bit strange to see on the winning combos list, but there was probably a good reason to use it over something like LS.

It's not that strange, really. Imperial has good stamina, so plastic-based attack Drivers have good synergy with it.

Archer Hercules hasn't really gone anywhere here in Toronto, so that wasn't a surprise either to me! It definitely still has a place in the metagame.

I'm not sure how Zankye used Cho-Z Spriggan, but he had a Lord Xt+ combo in his deck as well, so it would have been impossible to also use it on Hybrid.

(Dec. 04, 2019  1:55 AM)henwooja1 Wrote: What layer weight was on Tact?

It was Retsu! I've edited JoJo's post.

I only used Cz Spriggan for one round and only had it incase anyone used Balkesh B3 0/00 Wall Bearing other than that didn't really use it.
αpocalypse - 11/3/19
Toronto, ON, Canada - Burst Format

[Image: T4G4KjU.jpg]

1st: BladerBeast
Lord Spriggan 0 Cross Xtend+    
Balkesh B3 00 Wall Bearing (Deck Format Finals Only)

2nd: MDK Shady
Zwei Diabolos Hybrid    
Lord Pegasus 0 Cross Xtend+    
Balkesh B3 00 Wall Bearing    
Judgement Valkyrie Blitz Quick' Goku

3rd: originalzankye
Knockout Odin Blitz Atomic Goku

4th: Tahoor

Hybrid made it’s Toronto debut during this tournament when MDK Shady was able to OS my Tact Longinus Xt+ combo with it 3-1. Otherwise, it was pretty much your standard Toronto tournament as of late: Lord Xt+, Balkesh B3 Bearing, Judgment combos, and a sprinkling of Atomic combos. henwooja1 and I had some unique combos in our decks (at least relative to the above), but unfortunately weren’t able to make it past the top 8 for this event. It was cool to see Zankye using Knockout Odin, though; that was one of the Layers I had my eye on going into this event (albeit in a slightly different combination).

I had put in a lot of time testing the new releases prior to this event, but unfortunately wasn’t able to launch my attack type properly against Zankye in the first round of the finals. Sadly, when testing afterwards, it went much better for me hahaha. Was able to improve this at Beyblade West this past weekend, but still a lot of work to do in other areas!

γenesis - 11/3/19
Toronto, ON, Canada - Burst Classic Format (Club, Pick 3, Choose 1)

[Image: LdSWyy0.jpg]

1st: henwooja1
Neptune Spread Revolve
Wyvern Heavy Revolve

2nd: Kei
Odin Heavy Defense

3rd: Tahoor
Acid Anubis Yell Eternal
Neptune Heavy Revolve

Don’t pay much attention to this lol. It was super cold, there was only five of us, it was the second event of the day and … yeah. I tried some wacky combos in the first couple rounds (Deathscyther Armed Bullet), but after they failed miserably I just went to OHD for the win. Still fun!

Also, it's ironic to me that after including V2.G.Ul’ in my selection of three combos several times in this event ... it's what ultimately defeated me at Beyblade West: LA Burst Classic Bey Clash #3 this weekend. Guess I should have believed in it more!

Maybe wasn’t the best environment to fully assess the “Pick 3, Choose 1” format, so I’d like to try it again sometime.

(Dec. 04, 2019  10:06 PM)originalzankye Wrote: I only used Cz Spriggan for one round and only had it incase anyone used Balkesh B3 0/00 Wall Bearing other than that didn't really use it.

Ah, I see. So you did win at least one round with it, right?
(Dec. 05, 2019  2:30 AM)Kei Wrote: αpocalypse - 11/3/19
Toronto, ON, Canada - Burst Format

3rd: originalzankye
Knockout Odin Blitz Atomic
What was the weight for Knockout Odin?
(Dec. 05, 2019  3:01 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: What was the weight for Knockout Odin?

Goku.
(Dec. 05, 2019  2:30 AM)Kei Wrote: Don’t pay much attention to this lol. It was super cold, there was only five of us, it was the second event of the day and … yeah. I tried some wacky combos in the first couple rounds (Deathscyther Armed Bullet), but after they failed miserably I just went to OHD for the win.

I think the DABl combo manly failed because the combo completly relies on the overall balance of the combo. If it's a tiny bit wobbly it can majorly effect the performance of the bey. Also, it should have bursted my Neptune Revolve combo but my blue revolve seems to have an extremely good spring on it, making it barley able to beat Justin's V2 last month.
Ragnaruk and Roll All Nite - December 14th 2019
Bakersfield, California - P3C1 Burst Classic Format plus Slingshock Exclusives

First Place: RacingCheetahz
- Driger S Infinity Friction
- Driger S Heavy Friction
- Deathscyther Spread Iron
- Gianon G2 Force Survive
- Gianon G2 Force Ωcta

Second Place: GarnitBlader
- Spryzen S1 Yell Revolve
- Hyrus H4 Heavy Survive-S

Third Place: Bbplayer9
- Victory Valkyrie Heavy Low
- Gianon G2 Down Revolve
- Cyclops C4 Boost Yard-S

Notes for Consideration:
- Driger S worked as my main workhorse, It would just kill the stamina of an opponent. I used a similar combo, on Yielding, at a previous Classic tournament intending it for Burst Attack but noticed the odd "Stamina Bleeding" thing. 
- The Fourth Place blader had a Rudr Central combo that would swap between Accel and Absorb-S.
- During Early Free Play Matches, a kid had been using an Ifritor I2 Limited Anchor, racking up quite a burst count. I was unable to see this combo used in a Tournament match before it got switched out.
Old BeyBlade II: Beyblade Tournament For Bladers - 12/14/19
Baltimore, MD, US - Burst Classic format

[Image: 74ljp0b.jpg]

1st: geetster99
Odin Heavy Defense
Valkyrie Gravity Quick'

2nd: Yami
Neptune Yell Revolve
Acid Anubis Yell Revolve
Miniboros Knuckle Keep'
Valkyrie Gravity Trans' (Deck Format Finals Only)

3rd: Hello321
Yegdrion Heavy Liner (EDIT: I'm pretty sure this was regular Yegdrion, not Y2, even though he said Y2.)
Neptune Knuckle Orbit Metal (Deck Format Finals Only)
Zillion Zeus Gravity Hunter' (Deck Format Finals Only)

See thread for detailed report. Was a fun tournament! Also I'm very tired and I think I may have discovered another issue I have to sort out.

And yes, I asked them to do JoJo's Bizarre Adventure poses once I figured out that's what Yami was up to. I guess that's why beymaster is half passed out in the back.
I've heard of Zillion Zeus on Hunter' recently, so it doesn't surprise me to see it show up. Actually seems like a good use of the layer to me.

Yegdrion Y2 on Liner is a surprise though. I myself have hyped up Liner myself for its hasty return to the center, but now I have to wonder how much of that is just meming on an otherwise underused driver and how much is legitimately seeing its use. Also questioning Yegdrion Y2 instead of its predecessor, but maybe the more aggressive design helps?

Minoboros on Keep' also intrigues me, though I can see how that works a bit better.
(Dec. 16, 2019  7:05 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: Yegdrion Y2 on Liner is a surprise though. I myself have hyped up Liner myself for its hasty return to the center, but now I have to wonder how much of that is just meming on an otherwise underused driver and how much is legitimately seeing its use. Also questioning Yegdrion Y2 instead of its predecessor, but maybe the more aggressive design helps?

He's been using Yegdrion Y2 on Liner for a while during classic, it's not his first time succeeding with that. Hasbro Liner has a very strong spring, perhaps even dash driver strength, and Hasbro Yegdrion uses a much softer plastic than TT Yyggdrasil (which I have never seen myself but I suspect it's a bit like Neptune's plastic). The LAD is not very good, but the raw stamina is kind of surprising. It also seems to defend against KOs a little bit.

Actually was it Y2? I think it was just Yegdrion. I'll ask Hello321.
(Dec. 16, 2019  1:53 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Dec. 16, 2019  7:05 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: Yegdrion Y2 on Liner is a surprise though. I myself have hyped up Liner myself for its hasty return to the center, but now I have to wonder how much of that is just meming on an otherwise underused driver and how much is legitimately seeing its use. Also questioning Yegdrion Y2 instead of its predecessor, but maybe the more aggressive design helps?

He's been using Yegdrion Y2 on Liner for a while during classic, it's not his first time succeeding with that. Hasbro Liner has a very strong spring, perhaps even dash driver strength, and Hasbro Yegdrion uses a much softer plastic than TT Yyggdrasil (which I have never seen myself but I suspect it's a bit like Neptune's plastic). The LAD is not very good, but the raw stamina is kind of surprising. It also seems to defend against KOs a little bit.

I know Liner-S is super tight, but I never bothered getting the regular Hasbro Liner. Kinda surprised that burst resistance carried over.

Either way, maybe now when I say Liner isn't trash people will listen to me.
(Dec. 17, 2019  3:21 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Dec. 16, 2019  1:53 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: He's been using Yegdrion Y2 on Liner for a while during classic, it's not his first time succeeding with that. Hasbro Liner has a very strong spring, perhaps even dash driver strength, and Hasbro Yegdrion uses a much softer plastic than TT Yyggdrasil (which I have never seen myself but I suspect it's a bit like Neptune's plastic). The LAD is not very good, but the raw stamina is kind of surprising. It also seems to defend against KOs a little bit.

I know Liner-S is super tight, but I never bothered getting the regular Hasbro Liner. Kinda surprised that burst resistance carried over.

Liner really isn’t trash. If anything, it needs a ‘ variant in today’s metagame (oh wait nevermind I think one exists).

Liner combos, when hit, go right back to the center and even counterattack, which can KO or burst an opponent. What makes this driver less used is the fact that late game stamina is mediocre compared to options like atomic. It works great for KO defense, however I’m not sure if it does better than something like keep. Somebody would have to test it for that.
(Dec. 17, 2019  3:50 AM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Dec. 17, 2019  3:21 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: I know Liner-S is super tight, but I never bothered getting the regular Hasbro Liner. Kinda surprised that burst resistance carried over.

Liner really isn’t trash. If anything, it needs a ‘ variant in today’s metagame (oh wait nevermind I think one exists).

Liner combos, when hit, go right back to the center and even counterattack, which can KO or burst an opponent. What makes this driver less used it the fact that late game stamina is mediocre compared to options like atomic. It works great for KO defense, however I’m not sure if it does better than something like keep. Somebody would have to test it for that.

This is what I've been saying for ages. At least one guy has listened (though, well, this is classic so Atomic is banned anyways).

Also Liner' is awesome.
(Dec. 17, 2019  3:50 AM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Dec. 17, 2019  3:21 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: I know Liner-S is super tight, but I never bothered getting the regular Hasbro Liner. Kinda surprised that burst resistance carried over.

Liner combos, when hit, go right back to the center and even counterattack, which can KO or burst an opponent. What makes this driver less used it the fact that late game stamina is mediocre compared to options like atomic. It works great for KO defense, however I’m not sure if it does better than something like keep. Somebody would have to test it for that.
I’ve never seen liner burst Beyblades just spin finishes.
(Dec. 17, 2019  5:06 AM)Hello321 Wrote:
(Dec. 17, 2019  3:50 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: Liner really isn’t trash. If anything, it needs a ‘ variant in today’s metagame (oh wait nevermind I think one exists).

I’ve never seen liner burst Beyblades just spin finishes.

I said can, and most of the time it or probably won’t KO or burst a beyblade, however I would test attack layers on liner and see what happens.

(Dec. 17, 2019  4:53 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Dec. 17, 2019  3:50 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: Liner really isn’t trash. If anything, it needs a ‘ variant in today’s metagame (oh wait nevermind I think one exists).

This is what I've been saying for ages. At least one guy has listened (though, well, this is classic so Atomic is banned anyways).

Also Liner' is awesome.

I forgot that atomic is banned, so in that case liner’ should be pretty effective in Burst Classic on the right combo.
(Dec. 17, 2019  5:08 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: I forgot that atomic is banned, so in that case liner’ should be pretty effective in Burst Classic on the right combo.

I'm just glad it has a spot to be honest.
[Image: NsHx3cZ.jpg]
Los Angeles Tournament : Van Nuys Bey Clash #2
12/21/2019
Burst Standard
Van Nuys, California 

Shindog     1st
LC Perfect Phoenix Outer Volcanic Dash
Lord Hydra Blitz Bearing
Lord Bahamut 0 Cross Xtend plus
Cho Z Spriggan Hybrid  (deck format only)

poliswag    2nd
Lord Bahamut 0 Cross Xtend Plus
Judgement Valkyrie Blitz Quick Dash Retsu
Knockout Odin Sting Atomic Ten
Wizard Bahamut Sting Bearing Sen

Maxkun      3rd
Revive Phoenix Outer Xtend Plus

Big big thanks to SpiderHazuki for arranging the venue for us and giving top 3 players free pizzas!  The pizzas are absolutely delicious here at MacLeod’s Ale Brewing.  And allowing us to use the secret lair for some photos!  With SWORDS!!!
Hydra on Lord is an interesting choice. I bet that last click got a work out. I suppose most rubber attack drivers have run out of steam by the time it gets to the last click with Lord having the burst stoppers. ?
Volcanic' took the first place wat????
(Dec. 22, 2019  11:52 AM)GT1976 Wrote: Hydra on Lord is an interesting choice. I bet that last click got a work out. I suppose most rubber attack drivers have run out of steam by the time it gets to the last click with Lord having the burst stoppers. ?

Unless Lord was super worn, I doubt it even got past a single click.
(Dec. 22, 2019  8:58 AM)Shindog Wrote: Los Angeles Tournament : Van Nuys Bey Clash #2
12/21/2019
Burst Standard
Van Nuys, California 

Shindog     1st
Lord Hydra Blitz Bearing

poliswag    2nd

Maxkun      3rd

Nice to see Wizard getting used after a while. Perfect Phoenix with outer and volcanic’ was an interesting choice. Cho-Z Spriggan on Hybrid makes a return, although I doubt it was used that much during the tournament.
I had some quick tests of the same combo after reading it against JA.0E.Qc' 滅 and Hydra got down to the last click 8 times out of 10 but with no bursts. Admittedly the tabs on my Lord are very slightly worn but no where near the point of ineffective. Personally I'm not a fan of the Hydra chip and most certainly wouldn't consider using it on Lord. The results are there to see though.
Odin and Achilles are probably better chips.  It didn’t matter much to me in this case for the reason that MagikHorse stated.  I just wanted 3.2 grams.
(Dec. 22, 2019  2:24 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Dec. 22, 2019  8:58 AM)Shindog Wrote: Los Angeles Tournament : Van Nuys Bey Clash #2
12/21/2019
Burst Standard
Van Nuys, California 

Shindog     1st
Lord Hydra Blitz Bearing

poliswag    2nd

Maxkun      3rd

Nice to see Wizard getting used after a while. Perfect Phoenix with outer and volcanic’ was an interesting choice. Cho-Z Spriggan on Hybrid makes a return, although I doubt it was used that much during the tournament.

Poliswag had stated to me that the white Wizard base from the RB had much better burst resistance, handing me a combo with it that was way stiffer than expected when I clicked it.
Also the position of the tabs on Lord are basically at the last click both in left and right spin.
(Dec. 22, 2019  10:01 PM)RacingCheetahz Wrote:
(Dec. 22, 2019  2:24 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Nice to see Wizard getting used after a while. Perfect Phoenix with outer and volcanic’ was an interesting choice. Cho-Z Spriggan on Hybrid makes a return, although I doubt it was used that much during the tournament.

Poliswag had stated to me that the white Wizard base from the RB had much better burst resistance, handing me a combo with it that was way stiffer than expected when I clicked it.

Interesting analysis! I will keep that in mind!