Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events

(Jul. 23, 2017  12:44 PM)Mage Wrote:
(Jul. 23, 2017  12:06 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: formal testing gives accurate results and will also be helpful for making drafts.

While that may be true your original question of if lS is good on Hunter or Xtreme can be answered without the need for formal testing, simply experience would do.

im still confused of how it would do aginst top tier stamina/defense combos like NYR,bR 4/6/8 At and OHR.
(Mumbai, MH, India - 23.7.2017)
Plastics:- Blazing Gigs Tempest 

1st Place:- @[MihirP]
Driger G
Dranzer G
Dranzer V2
Driger V2
Draciel MBD (lol)
Driger V

2nd Place:- [Eurekaboy] (aka Gazem Mandal lol)
Driger G

Dranzer G
Dranzer V2
Driger V2
Draciel MBD (lol)
Driger V
3rd Place:- FIREFIRE CPB (#WillTakeRevengeofDefeatLaterbeyhaha)
Driger G
Dranzer G
Dranzer V2
Driger V2
Draciel MBD (lol)
Driger V
As you might guessed we kept stock beys rule (agreement lol) for our event and all used stock beys. Though it WAS SO MUCH fun, it just made all us plastics fan lol. Like all beys flying around those massive uppercuts, though huge kos and any bey was able to OS each other at times even attack all that made it so fun you need to experience it first hand to beleive. Bladers who weren't into plastics got in it too and we probably will host more plastics in future. Thanks WBO for lettint us discover that classic fun in plastics 

So moving to my fav format

Limited MFB:- The Final Showdown

1st place:- @[Mihir Patil] (lol both Mihirs dominated at there first fime)
MF Earth Eagle 105HF/S
Flame Byxis 230WD
Storm Pegasis (trust me after Eagle it was beating like everything. It not just KOed 230 but even Bakushin somehow lol) #StormisUnderrated
Lighting L-Drago
Bakushin Susanow
Jade Jupter

2nd Place @[AaryanBITW] (#NextHost)
Flame Bleezep 230WD
Lighting L-Drago 100HF

3rd Place:- FIREFIRE CPB 
Scythe Esscorpio T125EDS 
Flame Hades 230WD
Pegasis 85RF
Bakushin Susanow
Lighting L-Drago 
Thermal D145MS (very imp troll. Which costed me 1st place lol)
Jade Jupiter 

So it was stock too with just CW change. It was blast too and Earth eagle HFs kinda dominated event. It OSing 230 and resist attacker made it 3-2 (I think I won by Scythe, Peagsis and Bakushin Deck). I tried Jade too and it performed fairly well but due to being taller then 85RS one, it got KOed by even storm at times lol. And today my weak launch too didn't worked till like 2nd half of event so yeah lol
(Jul. 19, 2017  8:25 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Jul. 19, 2017  4:31 AM)Wombat Wrote: EDIT: By the way, I also think I've got the Winning Combos archive up to date for Burst and the MFB Formats - could someone check for me and make sure I'm not missing any events?

Whoa, awesome. Thank you so much! I'll check this out later. It might be hard to verify if any events were missed or not at the moment since we don't have the event list archive itself up to date just yet.

Hey @[Wombat], this is great. Thank you so much again for taking the time to update this.

However, just one issue ... I noticed that the list doesn't note which combos were for Deck Format Finals Only. There has been a new Notes column in the results spreadsheet template since we introduced this rule; it just wasn't reflected in the archive yet since it hadn't been updated in a while. Would it be too much to ask for you to go back and add the notes for that?
U wot m8?! LMAO's Burstday Beynanza - 06/24/2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada - Burst Format

[Image: tGDFEKM.jpg]

1st: Mitsu
Drain Fafnir 4 Glaive Atomic
Drain Fafnir Polish Atomic

2nd: SUGOI-KONICHEWA
Acid Anubis Spread Revolve
Blaze Ragnaruk 2 Glaive Atomic

3rd: jameschaos
Drain Fafnir Spread Revolve
Drain Fafnir 2 Glaive Revolve
Drain Fafnir 2 Glaive Atomic (Deck Format Finals Only)
Neptune Heavy Hold (Deck Format Finals Only)

Be sure to note the date on this event. This was back in June. Check out my tournament report for more details!
Rowdy in the Dish 2  - 7/30/17, Toronto ON

First: Jesse Obre
Drain Fafiner Spread Revolve
Guardian Kerbeus 4 Glaive Atomic
Guardian Kerbeus 4 Glaive Atomic (deck format finals only)
Wyvern Heavy Revolve (deck format finals only)
Blaze Ragnaruk 4 Glaive Atomic (deck format finals only)

Second: Kei
Alter Chronos 4 Glaive Atomic
Alter Chronos 2 Cross Hold
Drain Fafnir 2 Cross Hold (deck format finals only)
Guardian Kerbeus 4 Glaive Atomic (deck format finals only)

Third: 1234beyblade
Blaze Ragnaruk 4 Glaive Atomic
Legend Spriggan 7 Vortex Xtreme (deck format finals only)
Spriggan Nine Jaggy (deck format finals only)
forgot to note that I only used little spriggan and littler spriggan in deck only.
Although certainly there was a lot of Atomic abuse, Rowdy in the Dish 2 was a lot more interesting that first glance at that winning combos list might suggest. Only a couple new players had Legend Spriggan (and nobody had Maximum Garudas), so it was only by the finals did we discover or put into practice what we had heard about it actually doing well against Drain Fafnir.

We also discovered that gK.4G.At was a hard counter to dF.4G.At as well, which was important because prior to this event the counters we had tried were inconsistent most of the time. Guardian Kerbeus just has such good balance. It's awesome.

Then in my final match against JesseObre, I had figured he would be using the relatively standard deck by that point of Legend Spriggan Xtreme or Zephyr, alongside Drain Fafnir and a right-spin Stamina type (probably WHR because 1234beyblade was helping him). I knew that nobody else had Guardian Kerbeus besides myself, and figured the success I had with aC.4G.At versus Revolve-based combos would translate to the gK variant. At least, I hoped so because then it would be a counter to both dF and right-spin Revolve. 1234beyblade was convinced however that the aC variant did better against Revolve because of aC and not Atomic by itself, and it seems like he was correct ultimately. gK can win the match-up against WHR, but it's not consistent. I'm going to be interested to start testing aC.4G.At versus other Revolve combos now because originally I had been testing against Spread Revolve since that was the only thing really relevant in the metagame; nobody was using Gravity/Heavy anymore.

Ultimately, after discovering that my dF.2C.H couldn't OS Jesse's bR.4G.At (it's strange ... whenever I test Hold at home it does 100% better than at tournaments), I was basically locked into gK.4G.At because my other Beyblade (lS.8M.Z in left-spin) probably wouldn't have done much against his bR, Wyvern, or NSZ that was also in his deck ... gK can win the bR match-up here, but it's dicey because of the nature of Atomic and how hard you have to launch it in a battle like that.

Maximum Garudas may change my opinion entirely when I get it this week, but after this event it's becoming apparent to me the very interesting balance going on between Drain Fafnir, Atomic, and right-spin Heavy Revolve combos. I'm excited for our next event!

edit: Also fixed two minor mistakes in the above list. I actually used aC.2C. and dF.2C. with Hold and not Atomic.
(Jul. 30, 2017  4:54 PM)Lani Wrote: Rowdy in the Dish 2  - 7/30/17, Toronto ON

First: Jesse Obre
Drain Fafiner Spread Revolve
Guardian Kerbeus 4 Glave Atomic
Guardian Kerbeus 4 Glave Atomic (deck format finals only)
Wyvern Heavy Revolve (deck format finals only)
Blaze Ragnaruk 4 Glaive Atomic (deck format finals only)

Second: Kei
Alter Chronos 2 Cross Atomic
Drain Fafnir 2 Cross Atomic (deck format finals only)
Guardian Kerbeus 4 Glaive Atomic (deck format finals only)

Third: 1234beyblade
Blaze Ragnaruk 4 Glaive Atomic
Legend Spriggan 7 Vortex Xtreme (deck format finals only)
Spriggan Nine Jaggy (deck format finals only)

I knew you guys would figure out gK.4G.At . I prefer it to gK.H.R but certain matchups you need revolve in my experience. gK really on the come up since it's release. No surprise atomic is on here the most. @[Kei] what did you beat with aC?
(Jul. 30, 2017  6:49 PM)Basedsamuraij Wrote: I knew you guys would figure out gK.4G.At . I prefer it to gK.H.R but certain matchups you need revolve in my experience. gK really on the come up since it's release. No surprise atomic is on here the most. @[Kei] what did you beat with aC?

Yeah, that is certainly becoming apparent to me after this event!

I beat NSR, dF.P.At (for this I was actually able to KO it three times with aC.2C.H), L2.H.Z, aC.6M.O, and V.W.A with it. All 3-0 or 3-1.
(Mumbai, MH, India - 7/8/2017)

STD
1. Snidmist 

Dragoon Reviser BD
Kries Cygnus 145 WD
Death Quetzalcoatl BD145 CS

2.AaryanBITW
Flash Leone GB145 R2F
Balro Balro DF105 MF
Scythe Cancer 230 WD
Duo Leone 230 WD

3.EurekaBoy
Dragoon Zirago 105WD
Dragoon Zirago BD
Flash Leone GB145 R2F
Scythe Cancer BD

As we did agreement of using 2 combos 4D in our deck and max 1 ZRG, metagame was pretty well balanced, though 3 combos that I can say domainted were Girago Dragoon BD, Scythe Cancer BD and Balro. Scythe strangely OSed everything we threw at it in free play and actual event (yes even Duo BD and Duo 230TB and E230TB/CS) IDK why it was overlooked so long despite being such versitile combo. It acted like normal stamina but used its Free spinning PC Frame for OSing opposite spin and resisting destablization from 230, E230. Girago Dragoon, though was losing to Duo 230WD and SA165WD ver, it still delt with attack and stamina types well and thats what made Snidmist win against my Balro (he used weak launch, bank and every possible way to survive massive initial his from balro and spin steal from ahead). With that said, I think Balro DF105MF is best combo for Balro as it KOs almost everything just as well as CH120R2F ver (or better as it can KO Dragoon BD145RDF constantly) and has stamina in case attack don't work. It also beated other attack well.

Burst

1.AaryanBITW
Strom Spriggan Knuckle Unite
Strom Spriggan Knuckle Variable
Victory Valkyrie Boost Variable
Valkyrie Knuckle Atomic

2. Balance Blader
Neptune Knuckle Revolve

3. Mihir Patil
Acid Anubis Yell Weight
Neptune Knucle Revolve
Kasier Kerbeus Knucle Orbit
Rising Ragnaruk Gravity Revolve

As you might guessed Drain Fafnir dominated Mumbai too though it didn't felt as hard to KO as it sounds. AaryanBITW beated it with Storm Sprigen stock and with Variable, I too was able to KO it with Victory Valkrie stock but I still lost due to burst and self KO. Another thing I would like to mention was K2KO actually beated Neptune Knucle Revolve consistently, it even OSed Drain Fafnir once when weak launched properly though next time I messed my launch a bit and it got OSed. Even Snidmist got to OS Neptune with it.
Posting for @[JesseObre], who hosted:

Wait, what? This isn't High Park ... - 08/13/2017

1st: Kei
Maximum Garuda 4 Glaive Atomic
Maximum Garuda 4 Glaive Orbit (Deck Format Finals Only)

2nd: @[Newtype]
Legend Spriggan 6 Cross Xtreme
Alter Chronos 7 Meteor Orbit
Guardian Kerbeus Heavy Revolve (Deck Format Finals Only)

3rd: @[1234beyblade]
Legend Spriggan 7 Meteor Xtreme

Even though I am the only one in Toronto who has Maximum Garuda right now, I was pretty worried about the effect it would have on the game going into this tournament. However, I came out of this event not being as fearful of it due to my own fear in using it sometimes throughout the day. Maybe I was being overly cautious. Although, JesseObre did KO my mG.4G.O with his L2.6V.Z in the finals, and the same thing happened once against Andrea22 in the group stage. Newtype also KOed my mG once with his lS in the final battle, but I luckily bounced immediately back into the stadium.

Even Atomic felt like it was getting knocked around pretty well, thanks to Legend Spriggan. In essence, I realized there is a nice balance in the metagame going on right now:

• Maximum Garuda beats Alter Chronos and Drain Fafnir
  • Maximum Garuda has a decent chance against Legend Spriggan
  • Guardian Kerbeus beats Maximum Garuda and Drain Fafnir
  • Alter Chronos has good defense against Legend Spriggan
  • Legend Spriggan beats Guardian Kerbeus and Drain Fafnir
  • Drain Fafnir and Alter Chronos are relatively safe against most combos random players might use

This is extremely simplified and results obviously vary depending on a lot of factors, of course. There's also other Layers like Valkyrie that could probably fit into the mix with its proficiency against mG. I merely wanted to generally illustrate that there is a nice balance here between mG, lS, gK, aC, and dF.
Posting for @[JesseObre], who hosted:

BEYBALDE TOURNAMENT - 08/27/2017

Galaxy Zeus 2 Meteor Atomic
Maximum Garuda (Metal God Chip) 4 Glaive Atomic
Drain Fafnir (Metal God Chip) 4 Glaive Atomic
Guardian Kerbeus 4 Glaive Revolve
Legend Spriggan 7 Meteor Impact (Deck Format Finals Only)
Galaxy Zeus 7 Meteor Orbit (Deck Format Finals Only)
Drain Fafnir (Metal God Chip) 2 Cross Atomic (Deck Format Finals Only)

2nd: @[1234beyblade]
Legend Spriggan 7 Glaive Xtreme
Alter Chronos 7 Glaive Atomic
Alter Chronos 7 Glaive Revolve
Drain Fafnir 7 Glaive Atomic
Drain Fafnir 4 Meteor Atomic (Deck Format Finals Only)

3rd: @[Newtype]
Legend Spriggan 7 Cross Xtreme
Legend Spriggan 7 Meteor Xtreme (Deck Format Finals Only)
Drain Fafnir 2 Cross Orbit (Deck Format Finals Only)

Really great tournament today. The balance in the metagame that I spoke about in my previous post is becoming even more evident now, and it's been a lot of fun. It honestly might be the best it's been since the short period between when Odin was originally banned and before Dark Deathscyther was released. People were very afraid of Drain Fafnir when it was released, and have freaked out about Maximum Garuda, but being where we are now, to me it's clear that TAKARA-TOMY has done a good job of creating a new metagame that is fair and balanced to all types (with perhaps pure defense being the least viable because Legend Spriggan tears through almost everything, but that's OK given that lS is an Attack type and takes a certain level of skill to use; it's certainly better than having the high-stamina high-defense D2 which was extremely difficult to deal with in a consistent manner for almost all Attack types).

For any wondering: my usage of gZ today was as a counter to gK on Revolve (it seems to be able to Burst or destabilize/OS it pretty consistently), and lS on Impact was kind of a joke 1234beyblade made yesterday when we were testing, but the incredible speed of Impact when tornado stalling allows it to outrun the popular Xtreme variant pretty well. Because lS also has such a strong match-up against gK (and many other Beyblades), you can get away with using Impact against them too as well I found in the little testing I did.

In any case, I'm not too sold on the defensive ability of gZ and was admittedly lucky to win a match-up against lS when pyrus10000 used it in our block, but it's proficiency against gK, being able to have a chance against stuff like dF on Atomic (JesseObre beat my dF Atomic in one round of our finals match-up with his gZ Atomic), and also seemingly better stamina than aC in the testing I did made it an attractive choice for today.
Welp, almost forgot this...

Battle of the BeyTubers: 12th August 2017

1st: JoJo [Jp0t]
Neptune Gravity Revolve
Maximum Garuda 7 Flow Atomic
Legend Spriggan 4 Xtreme (Left Spin)
Blaze Ragnurak 4 Flow Revolve

2nd: K1imboslice1305
Alter Chronos 2 Vortex Orbit
Evipero Gravity Revolve
Xcalius Gravity Quake
Maxium Garuda 7 Glaive Atomic
Drain Fafnir 8 Gyro
Guardian Kerbeus 2 Vortex Orbit
Guardian Kerbeus 4 Glaive Atomic

3rd: Achi-baba
Quad Quetzalcoatl Quarter Orbit

Drain Fafnir 2 Glaive Atomic
Lost Longinus 4 Vortex Hold

Fun day. Weird yet interesting choices. Ask them lol
(Aug. 28, 2017  4:29 AM)ThaKingTai Wrote: Welp, almost forgot this...

Battle of the BeyTubers: 12th August 2017

Can you confirm with K1imboslice1305 what the Driver on "Drain Fafnir 8 Glaive ?" was? We'll need that. Thank you!

Also, will fix some spelling errors; it's "Vortex", not "Vertex" haha.
like ermagerd vertex zomg!!1!

@[JoJo [Jp0t]] Congrats on the win! What was your initial impression of Flow? Do you think it's any better than Cross or Glaive?
(Aug. 28, 2017  2:33 AM)Kei Wrote: Posting for @[JesseObre], who hosted:

This doesn't look right?
(Aug. 28, 2017  10:04 AM)Ultra Wrote:
(Aug. 28, 2017  2:33 AM)Kei Wrote: Posting for @[JesseObre], who hosted:

This doesn't look right?

He  used the combos in different matches  During the finals
(Aug. 28, 2017  12:04 PM)mj9 Wrote:
(Aug. 28, 2017  10:04 AM)Ultra Wrote: This doesn't look right?

He  used the combos in different matches  During the finals

Exactly. That's what I did.
Any Burst combos

Never mind
Battle for Ages II
(Mumbai, MH, India - 3/08/2017)

MFB
1st Place:- FIREFIRE CPB
MF-H Flash Pegasis II D125MF
Girago Dragoon BD145RDF
Scyrhe Cygnus BD
Duo Cygnus BD

2nd Place:- Snidmist
Reviser Dragoon BD
Flash Orion GB145RF
Death Cygnus BD145RDF

3rd:- Eurekaboy
Kraken Dragoon BD145RDF
Kraken Dragoon BD
Diablo Kerbecs LW105MF

Dragoon BD again gave all hard time due to Burst stadium it was very hard to KO. Though I was able to KO it with Flash (which btw I think is still viable) and counter with duo getting win in finals. Strangely Scythe wasn't able to OS Dragoon like it did before so switched to duo. And in present of so many BDs Dragoon BD145RDF didn't did well. So I can say metagame here is pretty well baalnced now.

MFL
1st Place:- Snidmist
Earth Cygnus GB145EWD
GRAVITY Perseus SW145EWD
Lighting L-Drago D125RF
Meteo Ldrago II BD

2nd Place:- Eurekaboy
Flame Byxis 230B
Meteo Ldrago II BD
Screw Tempo LW105MF

3rd Place:- FIREFIRE CPB
MF-H Scythe Cancer BD
Screw Ionis CH120RF (Deck Format Only)
Cosmic Ionis CH120RF
Bakushin Leone DF105FB (deck format only)
MF-L Gravity Persesus S130WD

Scythe kinda dominated event by beating almost everything that came in its way (even attack) and only AaryanBITW's Thermal 230WD was able to OS it (which too was losing if I get a good launch). Earth EWD and Baksuhin MF did very well too. And baku surprisingly OSed Earth, gravity and Meteos but only lost to my FB varient (which won by small margine)
PLASTIC'S NOT DEAD! 4 - 07/29/2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada - Plastics Format

1st: 1234beyblade
AR: Tiger Defenser
WD: Wide Defense
SG: Right Engine Gear
BB: Normal Base (Wolborg 4 Survivor ver.)

AR: War Lion
S-AR: Dragon Saucer
SG: Right Spin Gear (Bearing ver.)
SP: Defense Ring
BB: Customize Grip Base

2nd: pyrus10000
WD: Eight Heavy
SG: Right Spin Gear
BB: SG Semi-Flat Base

S-AR: Dragon Saucer
SP: Defense Ring
SG: Neo SG Left (Double Bearing, Wolborg 2 Shaft)
BB: Customize Grip Base

3rd: JesseObre
AR: Tiger Defenser
WD: Wide Survivor
SG: Right Engine Gear (Circle Survivor)
BB: Normal Base (Wolborg 4 ver.)

AR: Triple Tiger
SG: Neo Right + Heavy Metal Core
BB: Metal Flat Base (Gaia Dragoon V ver.)

AR: Upper Claw
WD: Ten Balance
SG: Neo Right SG (Metal Weight ver.)
SP: Upper Attack SP
BB: Customize Change Base
Fixed the Winning Combos @[Kai-V]
(Sep. 11, 2017  12:09 AM)ThaKingTai Wrote: Fixed the Winning Combos @[Kai-V]

What the hell, I had looked on this page but somehow did not find anything from Los Angeles since August hah. How could this happen. Anyway, thank you hah.
PROJECT BEYHEM 4.0 - 09/10/2017

Shadow Orichalcum 4 Glaive Zephyr
Galaxy Zeus 4 Glaive Atomic
Galaxy Zeus (Metal God Chip) 4 Glaive Atomic
Shadow Orichalcum 2 Cross Zephyr (Deck Format Finals Only)
Maximum Garuda 4 Glaive Atomic (Deck Format Finals Only)

@[1234beyblade]
Alter Chronos 7 Glaive Atomic
Maximum Garuda (Metal God Chip) 7 Glaive Orbit
Galaxy Zeus (Metal God Chip) 7 Glaive Orbit
Galaxy Zeus (Metal God Chip) 7 Glaive Atomic
Blaze Ragnaruk 7 Glaive Atomic
Drain Fafnir 7 Glaive Atomic
Guardian Kerbeus 7 Glaive Atomic

@[Newtype]
Legend Spriggan 7 Meteor Xtreme
Legend Spriggan 7 Cross Xtreme

Note: Writing "Shadow Orichalcum" for now instead of "Orichalcum" until we receive confirmation that the Rare Bey version is the same.

Another interesting tournament. The relatively low level of Legend Spriggan usage was a bit surprising especially after hearing from 1234beyblade about his success with testing Legend Spriggan on worn Variable (yes, Variable) the other day. It surprisingly seems to basically destroy anything on Revolve, Atomic, etc you throw at it, and Orbit too albeit to maybe a slightly smaller degree in the small amount of testing I did last night.

I anticipated he would use it today and figured that something on Zephyr would be able to counter it pretty reliably. So, in our round robin match-up I took the unusual risk and went with the highly specific counter: Shadow Orichalcum 4 Glaive Zephyr. Honestly, I had a bad impression of Shadow Orichalcum the recently when testing it with 1234beyblade, but it seeing as it is pretty round, it seemed like it would get the job done ... and I wanted to use it just because haha. Still need to test Shadow Orichalcum more in general, but I think something like Alter Chronos might have been a better choice. In any case, I was able to win 3-0 with one double burst finish in the first round.

Looking at this list, one other notable thing is the exclusion of Guardian Kerbeus (edit: added in one combo for 1234beyblade; looks like he did use it once). It seemed practically non-existent today, surprisingly. There was more Drain Fafnir going around than anything else, although that might have to do with more people having that than gK at this point. Newtype used gK in the finals against 1234beyblade's MGC mG.7G.O and surprisingly lost ... he had been telling me about how mG can actually beat gK if you launch a certain way with Atomic, but he was using Orbit here so it was even more surprising. Not sold on it necessarily being able to do that consistently yet, and it's important to note it was only one round.
wow thats quite interesting.so Shadow Orichalcum was used as a mobile defense type.do u think it can be a good staller?also i thought blaze ragnarok was outclassed but i am suprised to see it in the winning combos.