Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events

(Jun. 09, 2017  9:22 PM)Ultra Wrote:
(Jun. 09, 2017  12:41 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: i can understand that neptune can beat bR but bR is supposed to counter dF and L2

I was there and Neptune is a great counter to DF. It performed well enough that no one thought to even use BR. As for countering L2 it was barely used in the tournament.

i guess no one was using bR with atomic. i think bR on atomic can beat revolve based combos due to destabilization and can also counter dF.
I'm getting concerned about how the community is shifting from utilizing beyblade skills to 'counter-picking' . I think some should be brave enough to have favorite beys, use the amazing community created launching techniques and strategies(and a little willpower) to dominate the competitive arena.(I'd do it but I've not yet gotten around to competitive blading myself).That said we need more attackers because the springs in all those God Valkyries are rusting(trying out a jet shoot against dF wouldn't hurt☺)
But I predict this will change when dual-spin legend spriggan is released but atleast recent events have popularized A2(based on the anime alone no one would buy it☺)I also think we haven't used 'gear-like kerbeus' and beyblades 'spinner(given the ball bearings)zeus' to their full potential especially z2 which according to beyblade geeks' dF spinstealing test(on their youtube channel) is as good a counter as ever.(I think its simply suffering from bad rep)
(Jun. 10, 2017  1:12 PM)Chrisnemisis Wrote: I'm getting concerned about how the community is shifting from utilizing beyblade skills to 'counter-picking' . I think some should be brave enough to have favorite beys, use the amazing community created launching techniques and strategies(and a little willpower) to dominate the competitive arena.(I'd do it but I've not yet gotten around to competitive blading myself).That said we need more attackers because the springs in all those God Valkyries are rusting(trying out a jet shoot against dF wouldn't hurt☺)
But I predict this will change when dual-spin legend spriggan is released but atleast recent events have popularized A2(based on the anime alone no one would buy it☺)I also think we haven't used 'gear-like kerbeus' and beyblades 'spinner(given the ball bearings)zeus' to their full potential especially z2 which according to beyblade geeks' dF spinstealing test(on their youtube channel) is as good a counter as ever.(I think its simply suffering from bad rep)

tbh ragnarok is my favourite till now.
(Jun. 11, 2017  9:36 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Jun. 10, 2017  1:12 PM)Chrisnemisis Wrote: I'm getting concerned about how the community is shifting from utilizing beyblade skills to 'counter-picking' . I think some should be brave enough to have favorite beys, use the amazing community created launching techniques and strategies(and a little willpower) to dominate the competitive arena.(I'd do it but I've not yet gotten around to competitive blading myself).That said we need more attackers because the springs in all those God Valkyries are rusting(trying out a jet shoot against dF wouldn't hurt☺)

tbh ragnarok is my favourite till now.

The dragon-based Beys are my favorite. I even have a Beyblade "OC" Combo: Wild Wyvern Upper Assault/Jaggy. I'm waiting for more, new Attack Drivers to be released before I fully decide on its Evolution. But I have decided it will be Tornado Wyvern 6.M. (Burst God Attack Driver)
(Jun. 15, 2017  4:17 PM)Beybladerocx2 Wrote:
(Jun. 11, 2017  9:36 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: tbh ragnarok is my favourite till now.

The dragon-based Beys are my favorite. I even have a Beyblade "OC" Combo: Wild Wyvern Upper Assault/Jaggy. I'm waiting for more, new Attack Drivers to be released before I fully decide on its Evolution. But I have decided it will be Tornado Wyvern 6.M. (Burst God Attack Driver)

(Jun. 15, 2017  4:17 PM)Beybladerocx2 Wrote:
(Jun. 11, 2017  9:36 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: tbh ragnarok is my favourite till now.

This discussion is getting slightly off topic.

i feel  like alot of parts havent been tested like hasbro R2,hasbro Y2, and hasbro S2.
(Jun. 22, 2017  2:50 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote:

i feel  like alot of parts havent been tested like hasbro R2,hasbro Y2, and hasbro S2.

The harsh truth is that Hasbro parts will always be subpar to TT parts due to their manufacturing process.
(Jun. 22, 2017  3:11 PM)chips556 Wrote:
(Jun. 22, 2017  2:50 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: i feel  like alot of parts havent been tested like hasbro R2,hasbro Y2, and hasbro S2.

The harsh truth is that Hasbro parts will always be subpar to TT parts due to their manufacturing process.
manufacturing process?
(Jun. 22, 2017  9:12 PM)Chrisnemisis Wrote:
(Jun. 22, 2017  3:11 PM)chips556 Wrote: The harsh truth is that Hasbro parts will always be subpar to TT parts due to their manufacturing process.
manufacturing process?

No lol. They just make many compromise for multiple reasons. Especially to reduce cost. So they use cheaper, softer plastic, don't make hard to make parts and other stuff.

Its off-topic btw
The dF/polish/atomic combo is popular in japan due to its "zero-max" spin hack(from beyblade geek's challenge)
Float Like A Behemoth - 06/24/2017
Roanoke, Virginia, USA - Burst Format

1st: beyblader5372
Lost Longinus 8 Vortex Trans
Tornado Wyvern 4 Glaive Atomic
Alter Chronos 6 Meteor Orbit

2nd: TrueXiXAzrael
Drain Fafnir Polish Atomic
Tornado Wyvern 6 Glaive Weight
Alter Chronos 8 Meteor Orbit

3rd: Angry Face
Lost Longinus 4 Vortex Zephyr (deck finals)
Odin 8 Revolve (deck finals)
Alter Chronos Polish Atomic

Sting Like A Beast - 06/24/2017
Roanoke, Virginia, USA - Hasbro Burst Format

1st: Angry Face
Valtryek Heavy Survive (deck finals)
Roktavor Knuckle Variable (deck finals)
Roktavor Heavy Variable

2nd: Lord Max
Wyvron W2 Knuckle Fusion (deck finals)
Yegdrion Ring Edge

3rd: Cole2005
Nepstrius N2 Vertical Zephyr (deck finals)
Kerbeus Gravity Defense
(Jun. 25, 2017  1:42 AM)Angry Face Wrote: Float Like A Behemoth - 06/24/2017
Roanoke, Virginia, USA - Burst Format

1st: beyblader5372
Lost Longinus 8 Vortex Trans
Tornado Wyvern 4 Glaive Atomic
Alter Chronos 6 Meteor Orbit

2nd: TrueXiXAzrael
Drain Fafnir Polish Atomic
Tornado Wyvern 6 Glaive Weight
Alter Chronos 8 Meteor Orbit

3rd: Angry Face
Lost Longinus 4 Vortex Zephyr (deck finals)
Odin 8 Revolve (deck finals)
Alter Chronos Polish Atomic

Sting Like A Beast - 06/24/2017
Roanoke, Virginia, USA - Hasbro Burst Format

1st: Angry Face
Valtryek Heavy Survive (deck finals)
Roktavor Knuckle Variable (deck finals)
Roktavor Heavy Variable

2nd: Lord Max
Yegdrion Ring Edge

3rd: Cole2005
Nepstrius N2 Vertical Zephyr (deck finals)
Kerbeus Gravity Defense

suprised to see edge and hasbro N2 in the list
Wow. So many questions about those two events.

Hoping @[1234beyblade] can post the winning combos for our Hasbro Only Burst format event last weekend and our Burst Format event this weekend in Toronto soon for the sake of comparison to frame the discussion.
(Jun. 25, 2017  6:11 AM)Kei Wrote: Wow. So many questions about those two events.

Hoping @[1234beyblade] can post the winning combos for our Hasbro Only Burst format event last weekend and our Burst Format event this weekend in Toronto soon for the sake of comparison to frame the discussion.

yup i was actually waiting for the winning combinations of the hasbro only tournament happenend on 18 july
Angry Face what' s your imnpression of Roktavor Heavy Variable and is it viable with knuckle?!
Rowdy in the Dish - 07/09/2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada - Burst Format

1st: @[Kei]
Alter Chronos 2 Cross Atomic
Guardian Kerbeus Spread Revolve
Drain Fafnir 4 Glaive Atomic 

2nd: @[JesseObre]
Drain Fafnir Spread Revolve 
Neptune Spread Zephyr
Lost Longinus 8 Glaive Zephyr
Alter Chronos 2 Cross Atomic (Deck Format Finals Only)

3rd: @[1234beyblade] 
Drain Fafnir 4 Glaive Atomic
Drain Fafnir Yell Revolve 
Neptune 4 Glaive Atomic
Wyvern Heavy Revolve 

I'll save a bigger thought dump for an eventual tournament report, but I do believe something in this current game has to change. At the moment, I am a little less convinced it's Drain Fafnir than I thought it was a few events back, but it is more so Atomic that has become such a burden. Atomic leaves a small incentive for anything that is Right Spin + Revolve/Defense to be used. This is at the cost of Stamina and less control to some extent, but what is the best spin equalizing capability and life after death in Beyblade Burst. Atomic's performance is comparable to that of RDF from Metal Fight Beyblade in most ways, but becomes an even greater issue with no significant differences in Driver height. 

For now, however, I think it is appropriate to wait and see the full potential of new pieces in future releases before any action (regardless of what may or may not happen) is taken.
I agree with you in the thought that Atomic might be a bigger problem than Drain Fafnir. I've been thinking about that for a while now.

That being said, while this winning combos list doesn't represent it, I have found certain opposite spin Hold-based set ups to be able to defeat Atomic-based combos. I know you lost with bR on Hold versus 1234beyblade in the finals, but I have found aC.2C.H to be pretty consistent against dF.4G.At. I used it once today against Jesse and lost because he chose NSZ absolutely out of nowhere lol, but I was planning to use it in the finals of the tournament. I ended up not needing to however because I knew you would be using Atomic on Blaze Ragnaruk after doing so well with it in the group stage (so I had dF on Hold in my deck instead, in case aC.2C.At didn't work out, but it did), and I knew Jesse didn't have Atomic at all.

Overall, while I am legitimately concerned about Atomic, I came away from this tournament feeling a lot better about the metagame than our last event (which 1234beyblade will hopefully get the winning combos for posted soon) which was primarily a dF.4G.At party. This time, dF.4G.At did not feel quite as dominant.

But yeah, definitely appropriate to wait and see how it plays out. I think too many people jump on the "let's ban it" bandwagon as soon as something new and good gets released. Even if we know something to be potentially overpowered, it will absolutely never be a good idea to make rash decisions like banning something just over a month after it's been released. It deserves to be played out in the competitive scene for some time–especially with new releases coming out every month–before anybody even seriously thinks about taking an action like that.

I for one am enjoying the changes the metagame has gone through over the past few months and am excited to continue testing and figuring out how I should be playing the game in its current state. Instead of lamenting parts like Atomic and Drain Fafnir that may or may not be overpowered, I'd rather take the time now to try and find ways to defeat them before considering any further action.

And I mean, today I almost lost against Spryzen Boost Variable with my dF.4G.At (and against Naru Blader's dF on Revolve, SBV won!), so you never know what's out there haha.
MORE GRIP! MORE RIP! - 06/18/2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada - Burst Format (Hasbro Only)

1st: 1234beyblade
Yegdrion Heavy Survive
Kerbeus Heavy Survive
Yegdrion Y2 Heavy Survive

2nd: OldSchool™
Yegdrion Heavy Survive
Kerbeus Knuckle Revolve

3rd: cadney
Yegdrion Heavy Survive
Kerbeus Heavy Survive
Kerbeus Heavy Revolve
Kerbeus K2 Heavy Survive 

Tl;Dr Hasbro meta is trash right now, attack stands close to no chance.

Also Mitsu lost to my dF.Y.R not dF.4G.At with his bR Hold, which is supposed to happen.
@[Kei] Got a few questions:

What did you beat with gK.S.R?
Why cross on Alter Chronos? legitimately curious considering I haven't really used/tested cross

I've been playing around with right spin hold and there has been some talk on here of it but I think what deters people from using it is the fact it doesnt do nearly as well against right spin opponents as it does left. As @[Wombat} explained in the thread theres like 2-3 viable left spin layers in the game surrounded by the plethora of right spin layers and so I can see people using right spin hold in deck format where the chances of encountering a left spin combo are almost certain but it's waaaay more risk in the first stage of the tournament.

The use of atomic is worrying me slightly but I need to play more in the current meta to form a more evidenced opinion. I'm surprised Legend Spriggan wasn't on the Tornoto list considering it can burst Drain Fafnir.
(Jul. 10, 2017  1:13 PM)Basedsamuraij Wrote: @[Kei] Got a few questions:

What did you beat with gK.S.R?
Why cross on Alter Chronos? legitimately curious considering I haven't really used/tested cross

I've been playing around with right spin hold and there has been some talk on here of it but I think what deters people from using it is the fact it doesnt do nearly as well against right spin opponents as it does left. As @[Wombat} explained in the thread theres like 2-3 viable left spin layers in the game surrounded by the plethora of right spin layers and so I can see people using right spin hold in deck format where the chances of encountering a left spin combo are almost certain but it's waaaay more risk in the first stage of the tournament.

The use of atomic is worrying me slightly but I need to play more in the current meta to form a more evidenced opinion. I'm surprised Legend Spriggan wasn't on the Tornoto list considering it can burst Drain Fafnir.

I just beat K2HA with gK. I knew that's what kerpao would use since it was her only Beyblade, so I wanted something that would just sit in the middle rather than risk a bunch of freak KOs while using Atomic which moves more and has a chance of self-KOing. Probably could have chose other things that might have been even safer, but I wanted to take the opportunity to get gK on the winning combos list haha.

2C because I wanted to find a Disk other than 4G that I was confident with on aC so that I'd have the flexibility to include both aC and dF in my deck without being unsure of what Disk to use on each. I did a little bit of testing with all of the Core Disks and found 4 to have the best stamina, followed by 2. And I also found that 2 works best with Cross and 4 works best with Glaive. 4G might be better for aC, but I didn't have time to test that on it for potential use in the first stage of events as I was mainly thinking about Deck Format. In any case, 2C got the job done. One match-up I amazingly didn't run into however was aC vs dF, so I didn't get to see how the Atomic version I was using did against it there. I mainly ended up using it to beat right-spin Stamina of all kinds at this event. Three of the other people in my block were all using dF, but switched against me lol.

Hold is certainly risky for the first stage for those reasons. However, sometimes you have to take risks. :)

Nobody had Legend Spriggan yet, unfortunately!
My tournament report for MORE GRIP! MORE RIP!–which 1234beyblade just posted about above–is now up! Check it out: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Toronto...P-MORE-RIP
(Jun. 25, 2017  1:42 AM)Angry Face Wrote: 2nd: Lord Max
Yegdrion Ring Edge

Wait, so you mean to tell us Lord Max went 8-0 using only Yegdrion Ring Edge? How the hell did that happen, haha?

(Jul. 10, 2017  4:21 AM)1234beyblade Wrote: MORE GRIP! MORE RIP! - 06/18/2017

Yegdrion Heavy Survive
Kerbeus Heavy Survive

Yegdrion Heavy Survive
Kerbeus Knuckle Revolve

Yegdrion Heavy Survive
Kerbeus Heavy Survive
Kerbeus Heavy Revolve
Kerbeus K2 Heavy Survive 

I thought Yegdrion and Kerbeus were supposed to be easier to burst (which is why they were so popular as Stallers in the last event)? Not even something like Roktavor Heavy Survive could burst them?

Also, why did the Disk meta get set back two years lol?
(Jul. 11, 2017  6:21 AM)Wombat Wrote:
(Jun. 25, 2017  1:42 AM)Angry Face Wrote: 2nd: Lord Max
Yegdrion Ring Edge

Wait, so you mean to tell us Lord Max went 8-0 using only Yegdrion Ring Edge? How the hell did that happen, haha?

(Jul. 10, 2017  4:21 AM)1234beyblade Wrote: MORE GRIP! MORE RIP! - 06/18/2017

Yegdrion Heavy Survive
Kerbeus Heavy Survive

Yegdrion Heavy Survive
Kerbeus Knuckle Revolve

Yegdrion Heavy Survive
Kerbeus Heavy Survive
Kerbeus Heavy Revolve
Kerbeus K2 Heavy Survive 

I thought Yegdrion and Kerbeus were supposed to be easier to burst (which is why they were so popular as Stallers in the last event)? Not even something like Roktavor Heavy Survive could burst them?

Also, why did the Disk meta get set back two years lol?

i also thought the same thing i was really suprised to see these results i thoughts stationary attack would be popular in hasbro meta.
@[Wombat] Not sure about stationary attack off the top of my head, but Heavy was used because it had the tightest fit with Survive. At least, that's why I used it during the event.

@[1234beyblade], can you comment on this?
A2 is starting to look like a pretty solid part that was vastly overlooked on release. Nice to see Yell too, Ive been messing around with it and its very interesting.