Wyvern Heavy Revolve
Deathscyther Gravity Revolve

3rd place: pyrus10000
Dark Deathscyther Spread Defense
Deathscyther Heavy Defense
Deathscyther Heavy Revolve
Dark Deathscyther Gravity Defense

[/stationaryhell]
How V2KT did beylol? Was it was able to KO other beys?
What all opponents it faced?
(Oct. 01, 2016  5:35 PM)Chaitanya Breed Wrote: How V2KT did beylol? Was it was able to KO other beys?
What all opponents it faced?

JesseObre used it in the final battle to defeat 1234beyblade's Wyvern Heavy Revolve. Was pretty awesome. You can see it in a future Beyblade Channel video. Smile

Naru Blader has also been using it a lot lately and is able to pretty easily defeat Deathscyther.
For attack battle MFdark pegasus 90rf or hf
(Oct. 02, 2016  1:37 AM)Bommerom Wrote: For attack battle MFdark pegasus 90rf or hf

Hey @[Bommerom], this thread is only for combinations that you've used to win with in official WBO Organized Play events! You can discuss the combination you've listed here or any other combination in the Beyblade Customizations forum.
(Oct. 01, 2016  3:08 PM)Mitsu Wrote: SERIOUSLY TILTED - 9/25/16
TORONTO, ON — BEYBLADE BURST FORMAT

1st place: JesseObre
Victory Valkyrie Knuckle Trans
Wyvern Heavy Revolve

I must say JesseObre I love the versatility and diversity of your winning combos. What was your record that day?

Did Kei Play that day?
(Oct. 03, 2016  12:05 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: Did Kei Play that day?

This is honestly the biggest diss in Beyblade history, and I asked that on a couple of occasions in the past too hahah. No offense Kei, we just believe in you so much that we prefer to think that you did not participate in the tournament at all rather than to face the fact that you did not place hah.
(Oct. 03, 2016  1:07 AM)Kai-V Wrote:

This is honestly the biggest diss in Beyblade history, and I asked that on a couple of occasions in the past too hahah. No offense Kei, we just believe in you so much that we prefer to think that you did not participate in the tournament at all rather than to face the fact that you did not place hah.

I wasn't trying to diss anyone or anything. I'm just saying I can count on 1 hand how many times he didn't play in an event hah.
I did play that day! Believe it or not, I don't place sometimes. I started well enough at 4-1 (and should have been 5-0, but I lost one battle 3-2 due to a careless launch on my part in the last round), but then lost my last three battles. Also had a ton of Light Launcher trouble that day for some reason, which probably cost me at least my last battle with 1234beyblade (DHR vs. WHR and I lost 3-1 with DHR) ... could have placed if not for that and a few mistakes (technically, I was 4th Place though), but just wasn't good enough overall in the end! It happens, especially among such strong competition.

Jesse went 8-2 that day.

You'll be happy to know that at the tournament yesterday I went 9-1 in the Round Robin and finished 11-3 in second place haha.
(Oct. 03, 2016  1:30 AM)Kei Wrote: I did play that day! Believe it or not, I don't place sometimes. I started well enough at 4-1 (and should have been 5-0, but I lost one battle 3-2 due to a careless launch on my part in the last round), but then lost my last three battles. Also had a ton of Light Launcher trouble that day for some reason, which probably cost me at least my last battle with 1234beyblade (DHR vs. WHR and I lost 3-1 with DHR) ... could have placed if not for that and a few mistakes (technically, I was 4th Place though), but just wasn't good enough overall in the end! It happens, especially among such strong competition.
I have to admit looking at the players from this particular event, it looks like there was a lot of god players in it. I always admire how competitive the Toronto communty is.

Quote:Jesse went 8-2 that day.
Not bad at all.

Quote:You'll be happy to know that at the tournament yesterday I went 9-1 in the Round Robin and finished 11-3 in second place haha.

Well I'm glad to see you topped. Ill make sure you don't top when I come to visit in a couple of months. hahaha
(Oct. 03, 2016  1:07 AM)Kai-V Wrote:

I laughed so hard when I read it too. Incredible. @[Kei], own up and make this your sig. The fact that it was totally unintentional makes it even funnier. Don't worry Dark_Mousy hahaha
(Oct. 03, 2016  1:07 AM)Kai-V Wrote: This is honestly the biggest diss in Beyblade history

I LAUGHED SO HARD TOO. Best ever unintentional diss.

In all seriousness, though, one of the things I respect the most about @[Kei] as a player is his willingness to take risks and still dominate so often with new combos!
(Oct. 03, 2016  5:27 PM)cadney Wrote: In all seriousness, though, one of the things I respect the most about @[Kei] as a player is his willingness to take risks and still dominate so often with new combos!

Thank you! I've found that to be a great player you have to be willing to take risks, but they have to be calculated; you can't divert from the metagame without careful consideration. For me, I find it is best to favour the combinations and strategies that have been proven by the community at large and make informed decisions within that context, but to take risks to set yourself apart from your local community when the risk versus reward becomes acceptable in certain situations. But with that approach, you have to be willing to try new things or things that aren't often used competitively (yet, at least), so it takes confidence. A good example of this is @[JesseObre] at SERIOUSLY TILTED where he didn't use Attack all the way until the final battle when he knew his opponent–1234beyblade–would likely either go Wyvern or Deathscyther since he knew he couldn't OS Jesse's Deathscyther that he so often chooses.
BLADE LIKE A GIRL - 10/1/16
TORONTO, ON — BEYBLADE BURST FORMAT

1st place: 1234beyblade

Wyvern Heavy Revolve

2nd place: Kei

Wyvern Heavy Revolve
Valtryek Knuckle Variable

3rd place: JesseObre

Glad to see @[Kei] try Hasbro's Variable. I like it, although I wish it were a bit faster.
(Oct. 05, 2016  6:40 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Glad to see @[Kei] try Hasbro's Variable. I like it, although I wish it were a bit faster.

It's so great. Definitely the most pleasant surprise from Hasbro's Beyblade Burst parts thus far. I still don't understand what makes it so much better than the TAKARA-TOMY Variable. Gotta give credit to you for mentioning it in Beyblade Random Thoughts recently. Wink

You have to be careful with your launch power to avoid self-KOs, but I found that once you've mastered that, the movement and force of the impacts it produces with Valtryek is generally much higher than those dealt by Drivers like Accel or Zephyr; probably due to the tip being made of rubber instead of plastic. It isn't as fast as Xtreme obviously, but I found it to be more than enough to handle basically anything. Unbelievably to me at the time, I even almost beat 1234beyblade's D2SD in the finals with it, losing just 3-2 (both wins by Valtryek were Burst Finishes). It was so much fun using it throughout this event, and nobody understood what was happening haha.

And I don't know about you, but pairing it with my Knuckle Disk made the entire combo feel more solid than probably any other Burst combo I've created in the past. Likely has something to do with how Knuckle grazes the underside of Layers.

Also, kudos to @[1234beyblade] for placing third in the Round Robin without Deathscyther and then coming back to win the event in the finals without it either!
Is it possible to use modified beyblades in tournaments?
(Oct. 09, 2016  6:43 PM)Count Emperor Wrote: Is it possible to use modified beyblades in tournaments?

No, you cannot use modded blades. They have to be the same performance as out of the box. Painting is allowed, as long as there is no weight difference.
(Oct. 09, 2016  6:52 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote:
(Oct. 09, 2016  6:43 PM)Count Emperor Wrote: Is it possible to use modified beyblades in tournaments?

No, you cannot use modded blades. They have to be the same performance as out of the box. Painting is allowed, as long as there is no weight difference.

Painting is actually not allowed on burst beyblades nor is painting allowed on the performance tips/ drivers because that will affect the performance.
(Oct. 09, 2016  6:57 PM)1234beyblade Wrote: Painting is actually not allowed on burst beyblades nor is painting allowed on the performance tips/ drivers because that will affect the performance.

Ahh, thanks for the clarification. I didn't know that.
(Kolkata, India) 15/1016, Judgement Day
WINNING COMBOS
Format: STD
1st Place : ronitnath
Combos : Ifraid Zirago E230 MB
Ifraid Zirago 90 MF
Balro Pegasus CH120 R2F
Kraken Dragooon F230 GCF

2nd Place: Arijit Sarkar
Combos : Ifraid Zirago E230 MB
Balro Pegasus CH120 R2F
Kraken Dragooon F230 GCF

3rd Place: Soumadri
Combos : Death Quetzalcoatl BGrin
[Montreal, QC] October 15, 2016 — Hyper Velocity (Metal Standard + Burst Test)

1st: Bey Brad

Odin Heavy Defense
Deathscyther Knuckle Revolve
Wyvern Heavy Yielding
Zillion Zeus Heavy Xtreme

2nd: MissingNo.

Odin Heavy Defense
Dark Deathscyther Spread Revolve
Deathscyhter Spread Revolve

3rd: Matsuro

Chaos Gravity assault
Deathscyther Spread Revolve
Odin Heavy Defense
How did you find Z2HX, Brad? I am pretty sure Kei didn't like it that much since it was resulting in DBFs.

And what did you use Chaos assault for, @[Matsuro]?
burstlimit — 10/15/16: TORONTO, ON
UNRANKED BURST FORMAT

1st place: pyrus10000 (Final Score: 6-2)
Deathscyther Spread Revolve
Miniboros Heavy Zephyr

2nd place: Kei (Final Score: 5-3)
Wyvern Gravity Revolve
Valtryek Knuckle Variable

3rd place: Mitsu (Final Score: 6-2)
Deathscyther Spread Defense
Valkyrie Spread Trans

HOLLOW WINGS — 10/15/16: TORONTO, ON
LIMITED FORMAT BANLIST V1.5

1st place: JesseObre (Final Score: 6-2)
MF Virgo 230MB
MF Virgo D125BWD
MF Virgo F230CF
MF-H Gravity Perseus (Attack) CH120RB
Flame Orion 230CS

2nd place: Kei (Final Score: 5-3)
MF-H Gravity Perseus (Attack) 90RB
MF Flame Hades 230CS
MF-L Scythe Gemios B:D
MSF-H Bandid Wyvang H145 (Mold 2) RB
MF-H Earth Cygnus 85CS

3rd place: 1234beyblade (Final Score: 4-4)
MF Flame Cygnus F230CS
MF-H Scythe Cygnus LW105MF
MF-H Gravity Perseus (Attack) F230CF

burstlimit and HOLLOW WINGS were two both super interesting tournaments. I'll post my thoughts on Deck Rotation finals in a separate topic.

I haven't tested Miniboros as an attack Layer ever since its initial release but I was able to conclude that Miniboros paired with Zephyr seemed to work fairly well for both Burst Finishes and Over Finishes. I'm not sure if it's as consistent as Valkyrie, though.

Super glad I decided to open up to Trans' Attack Mode (is that what it's called?). I had wanted to try it out at BLADE LIKE A GIRL at the beginning of this month but I was a bit hesitant.

Gravity in left-spin is something I was a bit unsure was worth unbanning. I had played around with Gravity GCF after Wombat had initially posted his F230CF tests and had started to lack faith. It—or Gravity paired with Metal Flat—weren't, however, issues, by any means and I do believe it's OK to keep in the game. Even so, I'm not sure how much I like the idea of allowing direction swaps when using an L/R. While swapping wasn't necessarily used for the best at the event, there are certain match ups where it can become kind of necessary.

As for JesseObre's use of Virgo, it definitely caught most of us by surprise. While I can't seem to understand why he used it as opposed to other Metal Wheels on F230CF and D125BWD, it seemed reasonable on 230MB as opposed to Scythe, which is much more hit-able from the bottom. Why over Flame, though, @[JesseObre]?
These combos help me in my battles. It is like a quick guide to the competitive game