Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events

Limited combos look cool. Haha, who used Beat Lynx 90RF? Happy to see someone used it.
Those were my combos lol
(Dec. 22, 2013  1:21 AM)Shining God MS Wrote: Those were my combos lol

Oh, right. Haha, hope someone will post the others soon. How did Beat work for you?
Someone used a combo I came up with and placed, I feel special, haha.
Actually, my hands were so frozen, I almost didn't KO a Stamina type.
Limited format:
MF Earth Cancer 100WD (99% of the time)
Burn Bull 230CS (used once to beat coach's Burn 230 something combo)

Standard:
Basalt kerbecs S130MB (just messing with ultramarine but I ended up beating him)
Revizer Killerken E230 MB and CS (the rest of the time)
Niles Illinois, Put your Synchromes Away
Limited:
1st Scout25: MF Earth Cancer 100WD (99% of the time), Burn Bull 230CS (used once to beat coach's Burn 230 something combo) actually it was when I used Gravity Perseus ch120RF
2nd Shining God MS: MSF-H Dark Knight Wyvang(Crystal Up Mode)DF105LRF, MSF-H Dark Knight Begirados(Chrome Up Mode)CH120LRF, Duo(Spark FX)Cygnus W145WD, Scythe Cancer SR200TB, Beat Lynx 90RF, Earth Cygnus W145EWD He used Duo Cygnus 230D in the finals too
3rd Coach: MF-H Burn Aquario 230CS, MF Earth Bull 85CS I used Gravity 2 times, this tornado staller lost, and Gravity Perseus ch120rf and lost in the finals. Burn Aquario was my best, went undefeated until Shining finally pulled out his Duo Cygnus 230D which had much much better stamina

I do not agree that Earth was Spammed by any means, simply because all of us used it at a point and Shining gave his dad one bey, which was earth aquario. I think it was out there quite a bit but far from spammed. and yep Gravity was on low profile but it was used, I used it 2 times Wyatt V2 used it once 3 losses.

Blizzard Bey Battle
Standard:
1st Scout25 MF-H Basalt Kerbecs S130MB Revizer Killerken E230 MB and CS (the rest of the time)
2nd Wyatt V2 Wyvang^2 D125RF, Bigerados^2 D125LRF if you know what's coming can you stop it?
3rd Shining God MS: MSF-H Genbull Dragooon BD145GF, MSF-H Wyvang Dragooon BD145R2F, MSF-H Wyvang Wyvang BD145RDF, MSF-H Wyvang Dragooon BD145RDF
(Dec. 22, 2013  4:22 AM)Coach Wrote: Niles Illinois, Put your Synchromes Away
Limited:
1st Scout25: MF Earth Cancer 100WD (99% of the time), Burn Bull 230CS (used once to beat coach's Burn 230 something combo) actually it was when I used Gravity Perseus ch120RF
2nd Shining God MS: MSF-H Dark Knight Wyvang(Crystal Up Mode)DF105LRF, MSF-H Dark Knight Begirados(Chrome Up Mode)CH120LRF, Duo(Spark FX)Cygnus W145WD, Scythe Cancer SR200TB, Beat Lynx 90RF, Earth Cygnus W145EWD He used Duo Cygnus 230D in the finals too
3rd Coach: MF-H Burn Aquario 230CS, MF Earth Bull 85CS I used Gravity 2 times, this tornado staller lost, and Gravity Perseus ch120rf and lost in the finals. Burn Aquario was my best, went undefeated until Shining finally pulled out his Duo Cygnus 230D which had much much better stamina

I do not agree that Earth was Spammed by any means, simply because all of us used it at a point and Shining gave his dad one bey, which was earth aquario. I think it was out there quite a bit but far from spammed. and yep Gravity was on low profile but it was used, I used it 2 times Wyatt V2 used it once 3 losses.

That's surprisingly low Gravity. Any idea why?
(Dec. 22, 2013  4:23 AM)th!nk Wrote: That's surprisingly low Gravity. Any idea why?

It didn't seem the Illinois bladers were comfortable with attack beys, but even Wyatt and I had no success with them and the other stuff was working well. I only had 1 loss in the Round Robin and that was when I used Gravity so... Could have been just a bad set up but that was it for me.
(Dec. 22, 2013  4:27 AM)Coach Wrote:
(Dec. 22, 2013  4:23 AM)th!nk Wrote: That's surprisingly low Gravity. Any idea why?

It didn't seem the Illinois bladers were comfortable with attack beys, but even Wyatt and I had no success with them and the other stuff was working well. I only had 1 loss in the Round Robin and that was when I used Gravity so... Could have been just a bad set up but that was it for me.

Ah, that explains it. Shining God MS mentioned his hands being cold and cold weather is bad for launch technique and RF's grip/controllability too. Still, it's also the best spin stealing wheel in the game, and most of the successful combos aside from the Attack types would fall to it (on BGrin or in the case of EWD, F230CF) in theory.

Oh, also, big props to Shining God MS for the range of combinations he used - awesome to see people trying out the huge range of viable customizations in Limited Smile
Oh, I also used Gravity Perseus D125GCF... but it lost Tongue_out.

Thanks th!nk. I wasn't actually planning on using that many customs. I'm sorry but I have to say this out of embarrassment, out of my thumbs being frozen and all, I couldn't KO with Begirados against a Stamina type, so if it wasn't that cold, I would've gotten first in the finals XD
What did it lose to?

Yeah sometimes I'm very glad to live in Australia, even if it means I have to carry a lot of sunscreen.
(Dec. 22, 2013  6:17 AM)Shining God MS Wrote: Oh, I also used Gravity Perseus D125GCF... but it lost Tongue_out.

Thanks th!nk. I wasn't actually planning on using that many customs. I'm sorry but I have to say this out of embarrassment, out of my thumbs being frozen and all, I couldn't KO with Begirados against a Stamina type, so if it wasn't that cold, I would've gotten first in the finals XD
You really can't use that as an excuse. If it wasn't cold, I wouldn't have slipped up, and neither would anyone else, not as much. A factor affecting all participants would affect all participants when it is lacking, just saying.

I might have done ok, but I wanted to use Aquario 100GCF, because what's the point if not to have fun, haha.
(Dec. 22, 2013  6:23 AM)th!nk Wrote: What did it lose to?

Yeah sometimes I'm very glad to live in Australia, even if it means I have to carry a lot of sunscreen.

It lost to Earth on CS Tongue_out.
(Dec. 22, 2013  2:16 PM)Shining God MS Wrote:
(Dec. 22, 2013  6:23 AM)th!nk Wrote: What did it lose to?

It lost to Earth on CS Tongue_out.
Yeah I believe that was our battle, MF Earth bull 85CS. He ko'd me ones I ko'd him ones the rest wer outspins by the time he came down from the tornado ridge he was wobbly and didn't steal well.
No, I wanted to do right spin, don't know why I launches weakly though XD
Before the Big Bang:
1st place (Leone19) - Hell Cancer BD145 WD, Earth Cancer AD145 WD, Wyvang Dragooon SA165 EWD
2nd place (Haspro) - Meteo CH120 EWD
3rd place (Bladerblock) - Basalt Cancer 230 CS
...Everyone used pre-4D with a mix of Zero G in a couple rounds!
I don't really get why you didn't just make it Limited instead, Limited is basically what you were doing but with better balance because Basalt and BD145 were horrendously broken for their time, and some newer parts that don't hurt the balance thrown in for good measure. Still, if the committee approved it, I guess it's none of my business haha.

Weird to see people using Cancer over Kerbecs though, Kerbecs is better on both hell AND non-BD145 Basalt (also I recall Hell Kerbecs BD145CS being straight up better than WD, but then maybe spin stealers or whatever change that, IDK). Also not seeing Basalt BD145CS up there is kinda weird too, but then 230 was always slightly more popular IIRC, despite being waaaay easier to handle.
(Dec. 27, 2013  5:32 PM)th!nk Wrote: I don't really get why you didn't just make it Limited instead, Limited is basically what you were doing but with better balance because Basalt and BD145 were horrendously broken for their time, and some newer parts that don't hurt the balance thrown in for good measure. Still, if the committee approved it, I guess it's none of my business haha.

Weird to see people using Cancer over Kerbecs though, it's better on both hell AND non-BD145 Basalt. Also not seeing Basalt BD145CS up there is kinda weird too, but then 230 was always slightly more popular IIRC, despite being waaaay easier to handle.
I think he had organized this tourney before Limited Format was officially announced.
(Dec. 27, 2013  5:35 PM)KingRagerBlade! Wrote:
(Dec. 27, 2013  5:32 PM)th!nk Wrote: I don't really get why you didn't just make it Limited instead, Limited is basically what you were doing but with better balance because Basalt and BD145 were horrendously broken for their time, and some newer parts that don't hurt the balance thrown in for good measure. Still, if the committee approved it, I guess it's none of my business haha.

Weird to see people using Cancer over Kerbecs though, it's better on both hell AND non-BD145 Basalt. Also not seeing Basalt BD145CS up there is kinda weird too, but then 230 was always slightly more popular IIRC, despite being waaaay easier to handle.
I think he had organized this tourney before Limited Format was officially announced.

Limited came out weeks before the tournament took place though, so that's not really that relevant, given people had already agreed to the modified format originally proposed. Also, preeeeetty sure The Supreme One is a girl btw Tongue_out_wink
Yes, again, I am a girl.
We decided not to do limited because it would still be somewhat of a short notice and because we expected more of the younger kids who only bring their Shogun Steel like at previous CT tournaments. This way, if someone didn't have the appropriate parts or if they just didn't feel comfortable using things that were underpowered, they could opt out and choose standard format. Next time, we will probably do limited, since all of the players that showed up this time were older or more experienced.
Yeah, what TheSupremeOne said.

In addition, we did plan this before limited was announced. We discussed about changing it, but since it we already worked hard on planning this to be anything Pre-4D, we didn't really want to change it, since we were already working with combos, etc- taking out certain parts we used wouldn't have given us a lot of time to change our combos and create new ones. We strictly wanted this to be anything Pre-4D.

As she said, next time, it will probably be limited. Tongue_out
Fair enough, personally I would've rushed to try the new format with that coincidence having occurred but hey, different strokes for different folks and all that Smile Good to hear you'll give Limited a shot next time though, looking forward to hearing how that goes (and maybe how people feel it compared to this one, even).

As for kids like that, one of the nice things about limited is that most uncustomised shogun steel beys are completely legal in it, or at worst only need to borrow a track or whatever. Couple of spare tracks and crystal wheels (in case people left those at home) and you can basically guarantee no one like that is going to show up and not be able to play. But eh, if you announced the format beforehand I can see possible confusion/trouble giving people notice happening if you have a number of people like that in your community, so yeah, fair enough.
True, true. The fact that uncustomized Zero G is allowed definitely makes the format more convenient. Honestly, we just wanted to get a feel for it before rushing in headfirst. Now that we know so many people are willing to try this new format, we're more eager to do it next time and I'm pretty sure Naijalak will be doing a side tournament next month. Because we'd already begun working on competitive combos before the Limited was announced, we were a little thrown back too, since switching to the Limited would mean new testing and scrapping certain combos for some of us.
Results: Old Year New Format: Raleigh NC 12/28/13.
WE actually didn't get to limited format due to time constraints:

Zero G:

1st. Dark_MOusy
MSF M Genbull Dragooon F230 CF
MSF M Genbull Genbull F230 CF
MF M Duo Cancer BD/F230 CF
MSF M Genbull Genbull E230 MB

2nd TheBlackDragon
MSF Gryph Gryph SA165 (Zero G Attack Mode) GF
Duo Cancer BGrin(Bearing Drive)
Genbull Genbull E230 MB

3rd Thunder Dome
MSF Gryph Gryph SA165 GF (Zero G Attack Mode)
Duo Cancer BGrin(Bearing Drive)
MSF H Revizer Genbull SA165 TB/W2D