Poll: What should be done about F230?

Ban it altogether
15.96%
Ban it to some extent
35.11%
Leave it alone
48.94%
Total: 100% 94 vote(s)
So I got in tests on Gryph ^2 GB145RF (GG) vs Killerken Dragooon F230CF (KD)
Parts Conditioning
Launch
Detailed test results
Short results

Honestly you need the perfect angle and launch, so someone must test this potential F230CF counter, everyone has different launching styles. Also, almost all of the rounds were very close wins. I thought that was worth noting.

Legend
Before we can go any further in the general forum or advanced forum we need test results. More specifically we need to know how it does against everything on the tier list.Since Zero G format is the prevalent format right now I would start there. The more people we have testing the quicker a decision can be made.
I have a red F230, but its actually a good mold...

Would I be able to help test, to actually see how it handles or is it only for Orange F230's?
I'm going to start doing tests on everything in the tier list. Most likely just 10 rounds since it'll take a while.

I shall have them up soon.
(Oct. 27, 2013  4:50 PM)Samurai_Ifraid1 Wrote: I don't see the issue either. I mean, isn't the goal of Beyblade to make good combos and win? i don't mean to be rude but, it kinda just sounds like people are being sore losers. Just because you can't make a good enough combo to beat it, you give up and try to get it banned. This may be just me, but I would just try and try and try again till' i make a combo good enough to beat it. not go and get banned.

Of everything that has been said, this is the only thing I really disagreed with, people have searched for close to a year now to no avail for a combo that can beat it and with the limited if any new parts coming out I can't see a combo just appearing that beats it. There are a few things I would like to see against it, specifically anti-attack (I guess diablo is the best for this these days), roving defense, and SA165 RSF
(Oct. 27, 2013  8:51 PM)LMAO Wrote: I'm going to start doing tests on everything in the tier list. Most likely just 10 rounds since it'll take a while.

I shall have them up soon.

20 rounds is the preferred. Unless its a landslide victory up to 10.
(Oct. 27, 2013  8:14 PM)Leone19 Wrote: I have a red F230, but its actually a good mold...

Would I be able to help test, to actually see how it handles or is it only for Orange F230's?

Got caught in the dust, haha.
I honestly think F230CF/GCF is completely broken in just about every way. I would be in favor of it being banned in both BB-10 format and Zero-G format, but IMO focusing on eliminating the setup in Zero-G is more pressing at the moment. We need test results to back this up... If you guys are testing:

Launch F230:

Banking against left-spin stamina in Zero-G
Banking and launching at 50-60% power against sway attack in Zero-G
Stall against everything in BB-10

There are some stamina types in BB-10 format that can OS F230CF, since it's harder to knock the opponent off-balance carp opposed to Zero-G, so it's not completely overpowered, but still.
I've done tests already, but banning F230CF in BOTH formats is too hasty...
Again, since its gotten buried (third time's the charm Tongue_out), is it alright if I test with a good mold of Red F230, which may be needed to actually see how it does compared to the Orange/Brown, and if it deserves a banning, as well.
(Oct. 27, 2013  10:03 PM)Leone19 Wrote: Again, since its gotten buried (third time's the charm Tongue_out), is it alright if I test with a good mold of Red F230, which may be needed to actually see how it does compared to the Orange/Brown, and if it deserves a banning, as well.

Banning at this point would be a bit extreeme. Limiting its uses with CF/GCF is more appropriate right now.
(Oct. 27, 2013  10:18 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote:
(Oct. 27, 2013  10:03 PM)Leone19 Wrote: Again, since its gotten buried (third time's the charm Tongue_out), is it alright if I test with a good mold of Red F230, which may be needed to actually see how it does compared to the Orange/Brown, and if it deserves a banning, as well.

Banning at this point would be a bit extreeme. Limiting its uses with CF/GCF is more appropriate right now.

Ah, that's what I meant, haha. I chose the wrong word, Tongue_out .
Should I do tests on it anyways? Only to see if it would be limited with CF/GCF- depending on how good it does? As I said, I have a decent mold of it and I don't think extra testing would hurt.
IDK if testing with a red F230 would be exactly accurate, as I've seen them lose to some pretty outclassed things on CF/GCF LOL. XD

But yes, no one wants to ban F230. Some of us would just like to see its use with CF/GCF illegalized.
(Oct. 27, 2013  10:28 PM)theblackdragon Wrote: IDK if testing with a red F230 would be exactly accurate, as I've seen them lose to some pretty outclassed things on CF/GCF LOL. XD

But yes, no one wants to ban F230. Some of us would just like to see its use with CF/GCF illegalized.

I know it would not be as accurate as an orange. As I previously posted:

Quote:test, to actually see how it handles or is it (limit on CF/GCF) only for Orange F230's?

Its just to see if all F230's would be involved with the limit, or just orange/brown. Tongue_out

As I said, I have a decent mold, tests wouldn't hurt, right?
I personally do not own F230 of any kind, but from what you all have been saying it seems pretty OP, especially in the NC community where everyone (myself included) spams Dragooon. I can confirm beating Genbull/Revizer Dragooon F230CF twice (once in Attack stadium, once in Defense) with Balro Wyvang AD145GF. The third time I fought it I lost due to a few bad launches I wasn't quick enough to call reshoot on.

Would anyone who has a F230 mind testing that combo against it, I've had some tournament scene results but don't have an F230 to test with.
(Oct. 27, 2013  10:31 PM)Leone19 Wrote: Its just to see if all F230's would be involved with the limit, or just orange/brown. Tongue_out

With legal aesthetic customization, if there is a ban or a restriction imposed on F230, there will be no such thing as color/mold exceptions; it's everything or nothing at all.
I have a red, orange, and brown. I'll test Genbull Dragooon F230 GCF against Wyvang^2 GB145 R2F
To Be Honest I'd Just Leave It Alone Smile I Did Lose A Few Battles Using This Combo.

I agree with Dark Mousy it would be to extreme to ban it now. It might have to be banned sometime soon or another time because it wins most of the time but i think different combinations can still beat an F230 combination other than another F230 combination. So i think we should wait a little bit before we ban it if we do ban it.
(Oct. 27, 2013  11:57 PM)UltimiteOrion Wrote:

I agree with Dark Mousy it would be to extreme to ban it now. It might have to be banned sometime soon or another time because it wins most of the time but i think different combinations can still beat an F230 combination other than another F230 combination. So i think we should wait a little bit before we ban it if we do ban it.

I didn't mean ban, I meant limit, haha. I corrected myself in a later post.
(Oct. 28, 2013  12:06 AM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Oct. 27, 2013  11:57 PM)UltimiteOrion Wrote:
(Oct. 27, 2013  10:18 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: Banning at this point would be a bit extreeme. Limiting its uses with CF/GCF is more appropriate right now.

I think limiting it would be a good option.
(Oct. 28, 2013  12:08 AM)UltimiteOrion Wrote:
(Oct. 28, 2013  12:06 AM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Oct. 27, 2013  11:57 PM)UltimiteOrion Wrote: I agree with Dark Mousy it would be to extreme to ban it now. It might have to be banned sometime soon or another time because it wins most of the time but i think different combinations can still beat an F230 combination other than another F230 combination. So i think we should wait a little bit before we ban it if we do ban it.

I think limiting it would be a good option.

I don't think so, @UltimiteOrion your brother beat me and my Revizer Dragooon F230GCF without Duo/Death.
I think he means limiting it as in banning it on CF/GCF.
The goal at the moment is to restrict F230 from use with CF/GCF in Zero-G format right now.

Anything else would be absurd and far to hasty. We still need far more test results, investigation, and discussion before we restrict F230. It may not even happen... who knows. Just because it's been dominating NC tournaments lately doesn't mean it wins all the time anywhere else. It's probable that it does/will, and I would eradicate the thing without hesitation if I had the chance because of how totally one-sided the meta has become here, but we need to investigate further before anyone bans/limits anything.

It's ultimately up the advanced members and the committee to decide. If they think it's too difficult to counter, then they'll go ahead and illegalize it. If they think it's fine, then we'll just keep playing with it.