What would happen to the WBO if no new beys were released

I was just wondering... What would the WBO do if the beyblade toy line is discontinued again? Like what happened with the old gen.
I think there would be less players if it becomes discontinued,like the plastics and HMS era.
All we could really hope for is the hobby staying alive even after the end of Metal Fight. There is not much else that really could be done. The community might not be as active but its full of people that love the hobby of beyblade, so I'm sure the WBO will continue on.
Yeah,Tr! Is right even if no new products are realesed,the WBO will continue on hosting tournaments and bladers all over the world will still continue on playing beyblade imo.
We stayed alive during the last hiatus, and we'd make it through another one, even a discontinuation.
Our nostalgia will keep us alive. And tournaments.
Yes, I agree with all of you! If you truly love something you won't let a speedbump get in the way of you having fun doing it!
We actually came to life during the hiatus and we single-handedly kept the hobby alive then, so we would definitely do the same again.
I'm actaully wondering, will the wbo still be around when i'm 30?
Honestly, I believe that the WBO would still stick around. I'm sure that the population may shrink a bit, but it would still live. I also believe that if companies saw people were still interested in the product line even after discontinuation, they would undiscontinue (or re continue, if you'd like) and start selling again, since there is obviously still money in it.
Well technically no new Beyblades are being released, so whatever is happening to the WBO now. Less active members and less motivation to contribute, but still there are, and will always be, people that will stick around and stay dedicated. Unless we have to wait 10 years for a line to be released, this lack of production isn't a real threat to contribution on the forum.
(Nov. 27, 2014  10:31 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: Well technically no new Beyblades are being released, so whatever is happening to the WBO now. Less active members and less motivation to contribute, but still there are, and will always be, people that will stick around and stay dedicated. Unless we have to wait 10 years for a line to be released, this lack of production isn't a real threat to contribution on the forum.

Yes, but it's on Hiatus and not discontinued, meaning there is still hope (and quite a bit of probability) of new beys being released soon.
It is actually not even on hiatus, guys. Last time, it was clearly announced, so this time it has not been confirmed. And Hasbro is of course still producing Beyblades.
(Nov. 28, 2014  12:57 AM)Kai-V Wrote: It is actually not even on hiatus, guys. Last time, it was clearly announced, so this time it has not been confirmed. And Hasbro is of course still producing Beyblades.

Psh, no one cares about Hasbro xD

And when's the last time a beyblade was produced by Takara Tomy or Sonokong? Didn't Zero-G end in 2012?

I mean, I'm pretty sure it's on Hiatus, official announcement or no. I would say 2 years is long enough to consider it a Hiatus.
So much has happened in 2013 and 2014 that it would make no sense to call it a hiatus, let alone a two-year-old hiatus :
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Beyblade...s-in-Japan
Remember that TAKARA-TOMY released Samurai Pegasis W105R²F Brave Ver. via the Nintendo 3DS game at the end of 2013, also. So really, especially considering what happened for HMS, a hiatus would have to be announced, and it has not been yet.
(Nov. 28, 2014  2:03 AM)Kai-V Wrote: So much has happened in 2013 and 2014 that it would make no sense to call it a hiatus, let alone a two-year-old hiatus :
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Beyblade...s-in-Japan
Remember that TAKARA-TOMY released Samurai Pegasis W105R²F Brave Ver. via the Nintendo 3DS game at the end of 2013, also. So really, especially considering what happened for HMS, a hiatus would have to be announced, and it has not been yet.

Then I don't understand what they are doing. So a year ago they released one bey for a promotional. What have they been doing the past year? Did they run out of ideas and need two years or more to figure out the next few tricks?

I feel like companies usually assign a different team to find an idea of what to release after they finish the set they are working on, so they have a nice stream of releases. This long is a bit much for just a gap in releases. How long was the hiatus after HMS?
I think it's fair to call the situation with Beyblade in Japan a hiatus. But I think the WBO is only in trouble if Takara-Tomy never brings Beyblade back again. As long as there is the chance for it to return, the WBO can survive.

If, in 2 or 3 years, there's still no news of a new Beyblade series, it will be hard to imagine what form the WBO can take.
It is no secret that I am a Zoids fan, and Zoids are largely unpopular, save for one remaining line of products that has been on hiatus for well over a year, and with only one active English forum left in existence, with an overall active userbase of less than 100 members.

I mention this only as a comparison to the WBO's widely established dominance in a fandom that is comparatively HUGE to the one mentioned above.

Beybalde is still fresh in many people's minds in North America. Even if the series is currently on a break, Takara-TOMY knows that it can always re-visit the IP and make money off of it, just like Transformers and the other well known franchises TT has made money off of.

Dedicated fans of the hobby will most surely keep this site alive until a new toy line is announced. You have nothing to fear.
Will they ever make the toys again?
(Feb. 07, 2016  10:06 AM)Paul° Wrote: Will they ever make the toys again?
hi friend. they are currently making beys [there current toyline] called beyblade burst https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-TAKARA-...9%E3%83%88
(Jun. 06, 2016  4:08 AM)Mega L-Drago 24 Wrote: we make our own beys, simple answer to a simple question

Well, history has proven that the answer is "hold on and keep playing until a new series is inevitably announced." Tongue_out
(Jun. 06, 2016  4:11 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Jun. 06, 2016  4:08 AM)Mega L-Drago 24 Wrote: we make our own beys, simple answer to a simple question

Well, history has proven that the answer is "hold on and keep playing until a new series is inevitably announced." Tongue_out

Good point!