WBO, strict or not strict?

Honestly I don't think you are that strict. It just bugs me how whenever I want to post a thread, someone moves it.
Because there is a similar thread lying around, or it doesn't need one.
Kai v actually right respect the young lady and she really is doing her job cause if she wasnt strict people would comment on the wrong threads and gett into it and other types of foolishness but to me she seems like a pretty honest and hard working + loyal person
The WBO seems really strict when you first join, mainly cause a lot new people start making threads that aren't needed. But after you learn about the site and stuff it gets easier and seems not as strict.
I think WBO is a little bit too much strict on buying threads or the publication of threads,
(always closed XD) instead of that, it's cool.
(Feb. 20, 2014  6:14 PM)TheLibraKing Wrote: The WBO seems really strict when you first join, mainly cause a lot new people start making threads that aren't needed. But after you learn about the site and stuff it gets easier and seems not as strict.
Agreed. But it's for the best though. Once you get to become more familiar and used to this it becomes easier. Especially if you read the rules.

(Feb. 20, 2014  6:16 PM)AcidXblader Wrote: I think WBO is a little bit too much strict on buying threads
I know you're only stating your opinion, but I have to disagree. If you were only to make one and not multiple threads, it wouldn't get closed.
The strictness is only beneficial, really.

Currently, I wouldn't think of any member or mod as "super strict", but any strictness is just to keep the site in order, really.

Like Midnight said, once you become active, you get used to the rules, and eventually find the site to be "less strict".
Sorry to revive an old thread, but:
I don't think the WBO is strict. I have been rude to members (and not on purpose) and posted some unnecessary posts (SPAM) and (to my surprise) did not receive a warning level and even insisted. WBO is an amazing place to be and I am proud to be a member Smile
I don't think it is too strict although mini-mods should just tone it down because they are not Kai-V or any other mods no matter how much they think they are (They are filthy, nasty creatures...glad I never was one (obviously I'm joking but seriously. tone it down))
I think pretty much all members are fairly fair, even with the strictest ones, they're just doing their jobs and I don't want to make their work harder. However, there was one that really pissed me off, not because they were more stricter or anything, it was something about that person that really put me down, like, I felt destroyed after that moment, I really wanted the person to know how bad I felt. I was wrong but there was something about that person that went too far. At the time, I was tired and quite ill, and had a really bad day, so I couldn't focus, and I had to learn that the extremely hard way. I was so scarred I felt as if I didn't belong here, and that derailed my experience for the WBO, alas, I shall stay and to everyone I have ever annoyed, I apologise and I am very sorry Unhappy
I only think Sarabs Scientest is to strict as she made one of my friends lose all interest in Beyblade and swear to never play again. I believe she gets mad too easily and her use of sarcasm shouldn't be used with younger members. I don't think she should be a mod at all. I'm fine with everyone else. Kai-V is fine and understands some members are younger a than others. Cannon and Ingulit and Akalajian are all very nice, I believe,

This is all my opinion, not fact, besides the fact that my friend quit.
(Feb. 03, 2015  9:35 PM)RagerBlade Wrote: I only think Sarabs Scientest is to strict as she made one of my friends lose all interest in Beyblade and swear to never play again. I believe she gets mad too easily and her use of sarcasm shouldn't be used with younger members. I don't think she should be a mod at all. I'm fine with everyone else. Kai-V is fine and understands some members are younger a than others. Cannon and Ingulit and Akalajian are all very nice, I believe,

I believe that's its quite rude on your part to publicly call out a member like that, though.

I don't plan on giving out my opinions of her publicly, that's not right.

I think if you have those opinions, you should share those with the committee- not publicly, which can insult and embarrass someone.

If your friend quit, that'stheir choice. Getting in trouble on a forum is not a huge deal (everyone does from time to time, so that was a huge overreaction).
I personally think some members try to act more strict than any moderator on the site.
(Feb. 03, 2015  9:35 PM)RagerBlade Wrote: I only think Sarabs Scientest is to strict as she made one of my friends lose all interest in Beyblade and swear to never play again. I believe she gets mad too easily and her use of sarcasm shouldn't be used with younger members. I don't think she should be a mod at all. I'm fine with everyone else. Kai-V is fine and understands some members are younger a than others. Cannon and Ingulit and Akalajian are all very nice, I believe,

Yeah, I have to agree. She uses her authority too much as a symbol of dominance, and she's pretty rude. But if someone wants to argue with her, automatic warning/mod notice... I had too get a warning revoked because she warned me for something that didn't deserve a warning... But it still felt like I got punished because of the glitch where you still get a suspension. Kai-V is pretty fair though, since you pretty much deserve the warnings/bans you get from her.

Btw who are you talking about? What was his username? (EDIT: can you PM me it?)

Just my opinion, don't warn me for it plz .
This site is pretty loose right now. A few years back I remember this forum was so much more strict and enforced rules harder. Now unless you do something incredibly disrespectful nothing happens much. I feel like this is good and bad. Bad because people can slide easier with things now, but good in a sense that people seem to show more of there true selves in their posts as they aren't completely afraid to express themselves as it is a little less strict.

Also I feel sarabscientist does her job quite well on this forum. Imagine some of the things that would be happening if she hadn't enforced rules or banned people. I feel she is great for this forum.
I think everyone has their way of doing something, and we have to understand it as much as we can, but there's a few members I believe that do it the best, you know who one of them would be but I won't mention it. Don't take what I say as a fact but more of an opinion, enough said.

Sorry I ever brung this up.
I think sarabscientist is fine. She is just doing her job and she isn't trying to get people to turn away from Beyblade (if she is though then just WOW!)

I admit she is quite strict but forums need to be in strict order (but not too strict though because that is STUPID). But her being the next Kai-V...no, I don't think anyone can be Kai-V and I doubt she is trying to be like her. Again, she is just doing what she is told and if she does do anything wrong then wedo need to look into it.

Besides, there are worse types of people out there than strict people.
Sarabscientist is not even strict. Heck, compared to other mods on other forums, Hazel wasn't strict. They're doing what they've been assigned to do, and I believe all the mods work within reasonable boundaries. Now, perhaps I'd be singing a different song if I had done something and got warned for it, but I'd hope I'd be able to realise that what I did isn't allowed.

Point is, don't do what you're not supposed to, and everything is fine. Do what you aren't supposed to, face warnings and/or consequences.
I think it's best not to mention actual usernames when talking about this, I don't want to hurt any members, no matter how much they hurt me...

EDIT: I believe a reason why some members feel as if other members are too strict is because no-one can argue back. If anyone does anything horrible, there's no say for the member being told off. They may feel restricted, because a few members don't allow you to argue back and warn you for it.

However, not that there needs to be some sort of discussion when someone is in trouble, because when they warn you, there's a reason, but I wanted to say why some may call a member strict.
If there's been any occasion where I've acted outrageously "strict" about anything, feel free to post it here. I'm sure a lot of you are over-exaggerating because you have felt personally victimized (this could either because you are borderline almost on the verge of being warned but never do anything enough to deserve an actual warning so I'm weary around your posts or the fact that you're taking my comments to heart or hey maybe even simply the fact that I was the one to give you your first warning - which stings a lot and always leaves a good burn)!

Secondly, I think a lot of you can agree that most people have been let off easy on so many occasions. We all know that it's true that the WBO moderation has loosened up.

Last but not least, I do not have the time to profile every member on this website and hold grudges against them and be constantly following what you post to spring at the first chance to warn you.

As a side note, I got my first warning (without any prior reprimand or notice) by Hazel for posting a Beyblade meme without any other text in my post. If that had happened to any member now (it wouldn't - because you would have been kindly reminded not to do so without receiving an actual warning point), you guys would be up in arms.

What do you think? I am going to ban RagerBlade? Or warn all of you in this thread? LOL. Guys chill out when's the last time I straight up warned a user for "debating with me". Most of you can't differentiate between a logical discussion and complaining/antagonizing someone. Until then, all this commentary is secondary to me.

P.S: I don't know who your "friend" is, RagerBlade, nor do I have the slightest memory of what I apparently did to him so this goes to show that I'm just doing my job. I'm a moderator and I operator on a logistical basis, not personal.
I think sarabscientist is only strict when she needs to be. And I also feel her judgement is fair.

She also gave me my first warning. Speechless lol
(Feb. 04, 2015  4:55 AM)sarabscientist Wrote: I got my first warning (without any prior reprimand or notice) by Hazel for posting a Beyblade meme without any other text in my post.
Was this you? Thought I remembered it being YukoRay, but I've had it saved on my computer for lolz since the beginning of time, so I don't even remember anymore.
And since I feel like I need to add something constructive to my post now...
Compared to the average forum, yes, the WBO is strict. But for the millionth time, keep in mind that the topic of this forum is a toy marketed towards children. Under that criteria, the WBO is as relaxed as any active toy hobby forum going to get without losing all legitimacy.
...And that's all anyone needs to say on the matter.
No, HAHAHA that wasn't me. I posted an actual meme (or a slew of them) that I made regarding beyblade (i.e "HASBRO WHY U NO MAKE BB-10") and embarrassing things like that.

Also pertaining to the issue of it being a "children's hobby" - most of the people who get "angry" with me are around 15 anyway ... I'm not much older. Considering how immature Kaneki was, and he's 18. No kidding, I thought he might have been 13, so that's why I initially only suspended his posts for a couple days so he could calm down. Yet for some reason I am still the villain here.

I don't specifically look at ages, I deal with members as I imagine their maturity level is. A. 14 year old can be much more civilized than, 20 year olds, even. I don't make that distinction on the first encounter or posts I see unless I certainly have to. Most people don't have their ages listed anyway.

Alsoooooo I don't know if you guys know but I've always been sarcastic and blunt, even before I was a moderator? Don't mistake my personality as a show of dominance or power due to position (I had a good giggle at that one considering how I am in real life).
I feel like I'm the only one that posts basically like I talk in real life lol.

Kaneki was actually around 14 or 15 from what he told me btw.
(Feb. 04, 2015  6:13 AM)Tri Wrote: Kaneki was actually around 14 or 15 from what he told me btw.

He told me he was in college ...