WBO, strict or not strict?

Guys, if it wasn't for the moderators strict ways, this site would be full of spam, questionable stuff (you know what i mean) and other miscallaneous stuff. I also have read that the mods are TOO strict. I forgot where I read it, but really? i mean, i've had my fair share of wondering why the mods are mean, but remember: almost everyone here comes to talk about beyblades, some are kids, and if it wasn't for these mods, they'd be reading stuff too graphic for me to elaborate on. another thing: These mods are mature human beings. They got their duty of being a mod because they're mature. It's not like "Hey everybody! were having a Moderator Roulette! Whoever gets chosen is now a mod!" No. These mods are respectful. It's that little bunch of users that are disrespectful.
Hm i will admit compare to other forums i been to over the years i will admit this one was propley the most challenging to get used to since others i joined had more laid back vibe but at the sometime there were fights from members happening left and right and i was one of the members since i usually tend to not like being told what to do or follow rules heck being push around but i tend to use my brain more here than my mouth so there strict but in a helpful kind of way so that they can keep peace in the forum even though i have 40% warning thats what made me shapen up.
In my opinion, the WBO is not stirct at all. The admins here are all doing their jobs greatly, they are even almost online everyday, help members, answer questions, whether questions was asked by PM or using the existing threads, close many SPAM threads a day, they manage everything, that is really hard. I really do not know why people say "They are strict" while I actually do not see anything strict. They are doing the right thing.

Admins work really hard, members should appreciate that, when members make it more harder by spamming and breaking the rules, the admins get annoyed and warn them or even ban them if they did something big. So, it is the members fault, themselves.

Each and every new registered member receives a PM from Kai-V with all what they need to be good members. That message is really enough, what members need more than it ?
All the rules are 100% believable, fine, and comfortable. It is not hard at all to follow those rules, because the rules are not against members, they should know that. The rules are like a key of the door to a successful forum. And it is not only the WBO who has its rules, almost every forum this world ...

So yes, the WBO is not strict, and I encourage the admins, and tell them : You are doing a great job, thank you.
All im gonna say is they are as strict as they need to be. End of story.
(Sep. 15, 2012  6:11 PM)Beyniac Wrote: All im gonna say is they are as strict as they need to be. End of story.

Yeah I agree with you. The real mods, like people who are really mods are not to strict. Its just the people that try to show of for the mods by "mini moding" other people's post.
Can I ask something (Not that it would make much difference, seeing as this thread is still open)? What is really the point of this thread? Reworded, how will it act beneficially to the WBO? Everyone will have their own opinion on what we think about the website, and whether or not anyone says anything I don't think (Don't want to speak for you guys, though) the Moderators will go out of their way to change their styles and methods. In the end, as long as the Mods don't do anything too Animal Farm or something, this is just peoples opinion. Maybe it's a nice sentiment for people to be able to express their opinions on the website, but 1) We have the "Suggestions" Thread for that, and 2) It seems like a spark for someone to ignite an argument about the mods with.

Just personal opinion (But then again, I'm defying my own logic, eh?).

To answer the thread-stated question, I firmly the believe that the mods are doing the best they can with what they are given, and if they come across as harsh, it's all in fairness. Some people have different tolerances for criticism and whatever else, and therefore will find the answer to this thread able to be viewed either way. Regardless, I believe that the mods mean no harm (Unless otherwise required by specific and rare circumstances) in their methods and are only trying to act mutually beneficial to the health and well-being of this Forum.
#jussayin
It is beneficial in several ways :

- We let people freely express what they think;
- They can read what others have written and realise something;
- By leaving it open, it can get "bumped" by new opinions and it will perhaps make more people read the comments in this topic;
- People can try to make someone understand that this site is not all negative even if, after one infraction, they think everything is way too severe.
(Oct. 06, 2012  3:24 AM)Kai-V Wrote: It is beneficial in several ways :

- We let people freely express what they think;
- They can read what others have written and realise something;
- By leaving it open, it can get "bumped" by new opinions and it will perhaps make more people read the comments in this topic;
- People can try to make someone understand that this site is not all negative even if, after one infraction, they think everything is way too severe.

Those are all valid points, but I just feel like if we have the "Make Your Suggestions!" Thread then this becomes tied with it...I mean, it's always better to do suggest an answer than just to state a problem, right? So the "suggestion" could hypothetically be asking for the Mods to act a little looser. Possibly.

Maybe you're right. It does make sense that people could come and complain and other members could help him/her understand why "he was warned" or "Why that topic was closed" (Seeing as these are the most common reasons for why people would say the mods are strict). I just felt like this could be included in the Suggestions thread. It doesn't really matter anyways, though; I just wanted to put my opinion out there. Sorry for the minor derailing.

(Oct. 06, 2012  3:16 PM)DaRk MeTaL Wrote: I love reading this thread,its so funny seeing Kai-V or any other mod making the person that is arguing look stupid.
I don't think that's necessarily the goal of this thread, nor is it in general a good thing to say...

Eh...I'm really not sure if this place is strict or not. I've barley started coming on regularly..From what I've seen, it's just people trying to have fun, but also people being completely stupid or oblivious to what some rules say. I've never been on a beyblade forum, so this is my first one. So I can't really say this is the best nor the worst. So far, it's not so bad.
well the wbo is sort of strict in a way with the rules
Not strict I guess, coz you will only be warned if you speculate or say something bad / dumb or whichever that violates the community rules. otherwise, not strict.
(Oct. 25, 2012  3:12 AM)ghost22 Wrote: well the wbo is sort of strict in a way with the rules

The rules aren't there to simply be ignored, and neither are things that the administrators blatantly tell people.
I wouldn't say strict, just amazingly organized :3 (Thank you to all mods)
Well, I'm new here, so I don't know much about the WBO. But when I read the rules, I was like .... "Woah!, this forum has so much strict rules!, I don't wanna get punished or warned anytime!" And Sereiously after reading the rules, I took a Pledge that "I will not be warned anytime, if I do get warned, I'll do something Interesting to make the WBO happy and make my warning low."
And By the Way, I think so it is Strict.
And I think I'm 50% Right and 50% wrong.

Thanks.
It is definitely not strict. I remember being on this forum PokeStadium I was 8 years old and used bad grammar and SPAM a lot. I got into this fight and got banned but I returned still the same. After a few months we all grew friends. Everyone knew I was THAT guy. Even though I asked for forgiveness I later got banned for reporting a post which was not SPAM (accident.) A few years passed and I became much more mature after being in WBO and Pokemon Vortex so I went back and from the same Mod asked forgiveness... an hour later I was banned again though I apologized repeatedly. So WBO is not strict though it is firm.
To anyone complaining that we are too strict and ban people too quickly :

I was banned from posting, replying or liking anything on the official Beyblade Facebook Page a few days ago. The message that apparently warranted this ban was in reply to the post the staff there made about being able to print out certificates and "make your tournaments official". I wrote that having certificates really did nothing because the World Beyblade Organization has much more than that, and yet our tournaments are not recognised as official no matter what we do throughout the years ... Since the post was about both Beyblade and BeyWheelz tournament, I also added to my message a question asking how BeyWheelz events could even be done since there was no metagame for them. Honestly, it was a rather innocent reply, and nobody reads the comments when they post theirs anyway. Before that, I always posted the latest Beyblade news there to keep everyone informed, I replied to people asking for Beyblade advice, I posted the World Beyblade Organization news that could interest everybody, etc. At first, I seemingly got ignored, but after time passed, I slowly got more Likes, people even sent friends requests after one simple help message from me.
I thought we have a good relationship with Hasbro, how could they banned you?
Last time I was in contact with Nelvana, they were the ones who ran the Facebook Page, not Hasbro. It is speculated that now, it might just be an intern or someone not really involved in Nelvana who moderates it at this moment, but their tolerance is really questionable. I also doubt that whoever it was knows that it was me, since I was not called "Kai-V".
(Oct. 25, 2012  5:38 PM)BeyBlade Sensei Wrote: Hasbro and Nelvana know about us?

It depends who you speak to, hah ... Hasbro Italy knows about us. A few months ago, Hasbro Canada apparently had no idea who we were; but Hasbro US, whom we were referred to thanks to Hasbro Canada, is the one responsible for all the gifts donated to us recently, like the Destroyer Dome Sets and the Triple Battle Sets.

Nelvana does know about us, unless all the past employees left and now the new ones ignore who we are.

However, that is slightly off-topic now, hah. I just wanted to let everybody appreciate how we give several warnings here before banning someone.
The WBO is WAY too strict! AND I MEAN WAY TOO STRICT! They PERMANENTLY banned my beyblader05 account for no reason.
Reasons you don't understand don't equate reasons that don't exist.

I wonder if anyone can guess why his current account was banned...
Now, I read the forum rules and I said you know what, I think I will be a good member to everyone or I will get banned quickly. By the way, I think the WBO is pretty strict.
The wbo is not strict because it just wants a justified, safe community dislike all other websites.
It's not strict. unless you do something really bad. Then of course you will get banned, it's all for the peace and the good of the forum.